Baby Sitting Job Chp.20

Printer-friendly version

Striker looks at Kat and her people. All of them were decked out in full body armor that covered their body. He wonders how a bounty-hunting company was able to afford such armor. He knew Kat had called in two of her people that sometimes work with her. They were considered reserve or part-time members.

They also stopped in Victoria, Kansas, to pick up two more members of Kat’s people. They were outfitted in the same body armor as Kat. The others carried a gym bag full of weapons with them. All of Kat’s people were carrying FN P90s. They also brought three Barrett M95 sniping rifles with tungsten rounds.

Larka watches Paul as he checks the rifles over. He saw the ammo they were loaded with.

“Damn! Where did you guys get tungsten rounds from?” Larka didn’t think civilians had access to those rounds.

“We know the right people.” Paul puts Kat’s sniping rifle back in its case.

“I would say so. Who are the snipers among your little hunting party?” Larka was curious about who among Kat’s people were the snipers.

“My wife, Brittney, and Pauline.” Paul points out the snipers in their group.

“I met your wife and daughter. Who’s the other woman?” Larka wondered who Pauline was.

“Pauline was one of our original bounty hunters when Kat and I started the business. She’s former military police and is married to a navy captain. After she got injured in the explosion that almost killed all of us, she decided to retire from bounty hunting. She also retired from the military because of her relationship with an officer. She became a stay-at-home mother to a young girl we rescued from a group of sex traffickers.”

“I hope her skills aren’t rusty from sitting on the sidelines.” Larka knew what retirement could do to a person’s skills.

Paul leans towards him. “I wouldn’t say that around her, or you might find this sniping rifle shoved up your ass. She is as deadly, if not more deadly than my wife.”

Paul knew what Pauline was capable of, and he bet on her every time. He goes back to checking the sniping rifle once done with it. He puts it back in its case.

Striker was looking over the blueprints they had of the property they were going to storm. Kat’s sister Rebecca found out whom the blackout warthog belonged to that attacked the Learjet Brittany had been flying home in. Some federal marshals apprehended the pilot, and three others were in on the contract, from what he heard from a friend in the Marshal service. The marshals that went after them weren’t kind or gentle. A few of them had a few accidents on the way to federal prison.

“So, have you found us a way in?” Kat noticed Striker looking at some blueprints.

“The boss man needs to send Stacy and me in to recon the place.” A young girl with emo color pink hair grows in front of Kat.

Jessie had dyed her hair and sat on Striker’s shoulder while he looked over the blueprints. She spots Stacy standing nearby just in case she needs to react. She looks at the cat lady standing in front of Striker.

“Who are you?” Kat looked at the young teenage girl as she stood near Striker.

“I’m one of the old man’s agents.” A smile appears on Jessie’s face.

“I can see where your ability gives you an advantage. Who’s this Stacy person?” Kat was curious.

“That would be me.” Stacy looks at the cat lady standing near Jessie and Striker.

Kat looks at the shoulder-length black-haired woman. She wore a form-fitting body suit that displayed her curves and a cloak wrapped around her. It even had a hood to protect her head.

“Are you like this young lady?” Kat points towards Jessie.

“There’s no one like me. I’m one of a kind.” Jessie had a mischievous smile on her face.

“I’m different from my companion. I can walk through solid objects.” Stacy passes her hand through the tablet Striker was using.

Kat notices the tablet flickers for a few seconds and returns to normal. An image of Kitty Pryde from the X-men comic book pops into her mind.

“So, you’re like Kitty Pryde from the X-Men?”

Jessie and Stacy look confused because they have never heard of the X-Men. They had no idea what this cat lady was talking about.

“The girls have never seen the movies or read the comic books.” Larka knew whom Kat was talking about.

“All right, dog face. What are you talking about?” Jessie looks at Larka.

“This.” Larka pulls his cell phone out and finds the movie and an online comic. He plays it for Jessie and Stacy.

The two women look at it as it plays. They don’t spot Paul as he walks over to his wife.

“I thought everyone reads comic books.” Paul looks at the girls as they read the online comic.

“Not this generation. They are into other things.” Larka knew how Jessie and Stacy were.

The rest of the flight, Larka, Kat, and Paul got to know each other.

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Two special people in their group

Samantha Heart's picture

,3 snipers a pixie that can become normal size & someone who can walt through walls. This is going to be a VERY interesting caper

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It's not so exciting

watching a movie when you're living the movie.