Changing Roles - Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version

th1E5FMWIT.jpg

Changing Roles
By Julie Dawn Cole
Chapter 28
It seemed strange to me that Emily would leave the main bar area unless it was to use the bathrooms, so I strained my neck trying to look right around the large room including the darker corners. It was already quite full so it wasn’t easy and I moved to the staircase leading to the upper balcony to gain some height. A few girls jostled me pushing by and pressing against me or touching my arm and whispering in my ear with lewd remarks. One girl was so aggressive that she almost knocked me off balance. It didn’t take much since I was still a novice in heels. I clung onto the stair rail and watched Jack and Jo went over to the bar to talk with the bar staff.

I decided to check out the bathrooms even though I was apprehensive in view of the experiences I was having in the open bar. I tried to take the direct route and squeezed past couples who were dancing or should I say propping each other up and slobbering. Some had drinks in their hands that were spilling. It was definitely time to leave before I was mauled. I nervously entered the ladies bathroom and found Emily in one of the cubicles being sick. I let her know it was me and gave her some paper towels from the wall cannister. She grabbed my arm and squeezed it and looked up at me.

‘Oh Julie thanks. Sorry about this. Somebody spiked my drink and I’m trying to get rid of as much as I can as quickly as I can to avoid passing out. I need some water please.’

‘You can’t drink tap water Em I’m going to have to get you a bottle of water from the bar. Will you be OK? Are you sure? Where was Frankie? Do you think it was her?’

‘No she had been distracted talking to a customer who was being aggressive and then this girl approached me. I can handle myself but I was suddenly surrounded and somebody started fondling my breasts from behind. Then they disappeared. Please get me the water. The taste is terrible and I might pass out before you get back.’
She was wrenching again so I closed the door and hurried to the bar and managed to get a bottle of still water tossing a five pound note onto the bar in payment. Emily was still wrenching when I got back and she took the bottle and consumed the full contents. She stood up straight but wasn’t very stable so leaned against the side of the cubicle. I called the driver and managed to keep her on her feet by putting her arm around my shoulder whilst we headed to the exit. No sign of Jack or Jo but I decided to get Em as far away as possible as quick as possible. The driver wasn’t too happy about the possibility of Em being sick in his car and produced a blanket from his boot to place around her and catch anything Em might project. We opened a rear window for fresh air whilst we journeyed home.

I called Jack to let him know what had happened and he apologised and offered that we go back to his place but I declined and thanked him for the offer. I was to call him when we got home to let us know Emily was OK or if any doubts we should go to straight to A&E. The driver produced another bottle of water that Em managed to sip before falling asleep. I kept trying to keep her awake and she stirred from time to time as the car sped along the motorway.

As we arrived at my place she came round a little and we managed to get her out of the car and up to my apartment. I tipped the driver and managed to get Em into my room and onto my bed. She was mumbling and moaning a little but it seemed like the worst was over. Thank goodness she’d realised her drink had been spiked. I called Jack to let him know we were at my place and that Em seemed OK and might have a hangover the next day. He promised to call.

Em was too phased out to undress herself so I removed her outer clothes leaving her in her underwear and tucked her into bed under my duvet. She opened her eyes and smiled. I was still concerned so I quickly undressed and decided it was safer to sleep alongside. She probably wouldn’t remember anything and I could move to the sofa before she woke up and came around. I didn’t remove my make-up and Em had hers on anyway. Not that it mattered for once.

Just as a precaution I left one of my bed lights illuminated in case Em woke up wondering where she was. I lay back thinking about what I’d learned and hoping that Em would be OK. I propped Emily up using cushions and tried to keep awake so I could keep checking on her. I didn’t want her being sick in her sleep and choking. She stirred a few times so I wrapped my legs around ger and put my head on her shoulder, so she felt comforted. I must have nodded off sooner than I thought because the next time I looked at my bedside clock it was almost 3-30 am. I was curled up in a ball facing away from her and she had her arms and legs wrapped around me. She was sleeping soundly so I daren’t move. I could feel her breast filled bra on my back and her tummy was pressed firmly against my buttocks. It felt nice and wasn’t used to sharing my bed or being intimate with anybody. I hadn’t felt so comfortable since the days mum allowed me into her bed when I’d had a bad dream. I felt happier than for a long time and was able to relax at last and go to sleep knowing her efforts to get rid of the spike in her drink and drank lots of water.

It was just after 7am when I next stirred and usually, I’d be showered by this time ever since I’d been demoted to PA and required to dress appropriately. Emily was never late to the office but I wasn’t going to disturb her since she was probably going to have a hangover. I managed to free myself from her prolonged hug without disturbing her too much. She looked so beautiful in the morning light and for once she was not my boss but just a friend who’d needed taking care of.

I removed last nights make-up and showered then dried myself and popped on my dressing gown. She was still fast asleep, but she’d at least turned over again and moved across the bed into the place I’d vacated. I headed to the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee that was always welcomed to start my day and brought me around. I filled two mugs and went into my bedroom and sat on the bed placing the mugs on the side table.

Then came the first signs of life with Emily peering over the duvet and blinking. ‘Oh Julie I’m so sorry. Are we at your place? Have I embarrassed you?’

‘ No Em,.everything is fine. We are probably running a bit late but please take your time since we don’t know what was put in your drink and I’m just relieved that you seem ok. We have lots of time to get ready and I can go with you to change for work and pick up your car. We may still arrive at work before most of our staff.’

‘Well I really do appreciate you looking after me and letting me stay here. I think that clearing my stomach worked and I don’t feel too bad. I’ve felt a lot worse in my college days.’
She didn’t seem at all embarrassed to be half naked in her underwear in front of me that made me think I was now viewed as a female sub-ordinate. Once again as I found on our spa day, I found myself staring in wonderment. I was very envious of her figure and her work outfits didn’t seem to do justice to her slim waist and ample breasts. My own breasts seemed to come to life as if they were trying to compete and I ran my fingers over my nipples.

She did take up my offer of a shower to refresh her and I had a new toothbrush and mouthwash to help deal with the after effects of the alcohol and the sickness. She said that she needed to get home to change and pick up her bag for the weekend in London that was already packed. I was not so well organised and I still needed to pack the things I’d set aside once a final decision was made after I’d seen the weekend weather forecasts.

I tried to encourage her to eat something and she at least managed a bowl of cereal before dressing. We agreed that she would help me decide on what went into my weekend bag and how to mix and match to travel as light as possible. I needed an outfit for the party that wasn’t too revealing and fortunately Emily was feeling well enough to take charge and give me advice. Then rather than me drive we took a taxi to her place since it wasn’t really very wise for either of us to drive until later in the day to be certain that alcohol levels were low. After she dressed and applied her make-up she turned to me, thanking me again for taking care of her and allowing her to stay over. She hugged me tightly and I felt tearful as she held me closely. I was so happy that she’d come into my life but tried my best not to get too carried away.

‘Well Julie at least the evening seemed useful and well worth me being ill. Jack clearly trusts you so let’s sit down and discuss later in the office to record what you found out and then what you need to do next.’

Everything was returning back to a professional basis and it seemed like everything was down to me, but I at least felt so pleased that I’d gained the full trust of Emily and that she’d report favourably back to her uncle and shareholders. I felt that I’d gathered enough information to show that George did nothing wrong that at the same time would avoid any further suspicion of me and investigations. I didn’t want to be suspended and certainly not taken to court. I needed to write everything down before I sat with Emily later to be sure I didn’t miss anything.
……………………………………………………..

About an hour later we arrived at the office with our bags safely stored in the boot of Emilys car and just carried light bags with some travel clothes so we could change in the office later ready to catch the 5-50pm train that I’d booked for later.

I ensured that Emily had fresh coffee and plenty of water before I sat at my desk to prepare my notes. Sally contacted me and was keen for me to meet her for lunch so she could catch up with me and ensure I was OK and I assured her that things couldn’t have gone any better. I left out the part about Emily having her drink spiked and that she’d shared my bed that I knew would be misinterpreted whatever I said. She already knew that we would be staying in the company apartment in London that would no doubt create all sort of rumours so I tried to get her to keep secret.

Emily set up a joint discussion involving Pam Parkinson and our lawyer Louise Roberts. I felt a little uncomfortable about sharing information I’d gathered from Jack but just hoped they’d be careful what they disclosed until an appropriate time. Pam was to meet with auditors and finance staff to look in much more detail at transactions recorded in the company books and the audit reports for the prior two years. I gave my feedback as honestly and briefly as I could with a few prompts from Emily. Louise advised that she had prepared some draft communications addressed to George and had held back from reporting him to the police. Emily had provided a brief update to her uncle, the Company Chairman.

Emily decided to hold back on any further legal action until after I’d met with George and hoped that we could avoid any publicity.

At lunch with Sally, I had to be extra careful but luckily she seemed more interested in the possible developments in my relationship with Emily. It wasn’t difficult to keep her more interested in gossip than facts, so I exaggerated the detail of our time in the bar and on the dance floor then slipped into the conversation that Emily had been taken ill and that I’d had to take care of her. There were lots of nods and winks, but I held firm. It did make me realise that Emily and I enjoyed each other’s company and that she had hired me as her PA to protect me. I had been very comfortable wrapped in her arms with the pressure of her breasts on my back. I felt awkward about it although Emily didn’t appear to have realised what had happened.

The office started to empty as 4-30pm approached and Emily suggested we change into our travel outfits using her private bathroom. She went first and had changed into cotton pants and a light cotton top since the weather was nice. She had a blazer and wore a pair of flats that matched her shoulder bag. She left her computer and briefcase in the office. She had selected a short skirt for me so I felt embarrassed and complained that it didn’t help my attempts to hang on to some level of masculinity. ‘But Julie you need to show off your shapely legs or what’s the point in shaving? You’ve proved that you can walk and sit properly without displaying next weeks washing. I removed your choices for the weekend from your bag and you’ll find you have more options available with lighter cotton dresses. I’ve brought you some silk nightwear too that are in my weekend case.’

I put on my canvas shoes that were also flat so Emily was still marginally taller and heels would have been awkward for the distances I expected we’d be walking with bags. Emily decided to take a couple of photos of me and a few selfies just to prove how feminine I looked in an attempt to make me more comfortable.

The train journey was uneventful and I was impressed at the attention and service we received in First Class. The staff were very polite and we had coffee and light snacks that were complementary. I supposed they were in the price of the tickets but we had a weekend saver rate that was great value.

I didn’t want to travel by underground to Kensington and Emily wouldn’t have it anyway so we took a cab. The driver chatted all the way as he cut through smaller back streets to avoid the evening traffic. As we pulled up outside the apartment building I was speechless. It was one of the prime buildings and clearly this apartment was going to be spectacular and very valuable. A prime asset for the Company. I knew that George had used it on a couple of occasions but he never let on much.

We collected the keys and key cards from a janitor come night watchman and he directed us to the ornate lift to avoid walking up the stairs. Wow it was at least three of four times the size of the largest apartment in my building. Everything was brand new as if it had just been decorated throughout and there were three bedrooms and two bathrooms.

‘Well Julie what do you think? Is this to your taste? We should take full advantage.’

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It seems the jury is still out on whether

Julia Miller's picture

George is guilty or not. Julie still hopes he is innocent, but I still have a lingering doubt there. I don't think George ever intended to make Jules the patsy but again, we don't know that either. I think George was more surprised that Jules didn't quit the company, and instead became a female PA.

After spending

Robertlouis's picture

…many years at the upper end of international businesses, you’d be surprised at just how much they’re prepared to expensively indulge the whims of their pampered executives.

☠️

Never underestimate

greed, aggrandisment and an entrenched sense of entitlement. Yes, I too have been a close witness to many instances. Often petty.

Hopefully

Dee Sylvan's picture

we will get the whole story of George and Jack and the shady dealings of the two ousted production managers. Julie still has her image as the beleaguered PA, but whether George will fully come clean is doubtful. I wonder who spiked Emily's drink? It may have nothing to do with Jack or George, but will we find out? Emily and Julie had an interesting first night in bed. Will there be more? Julie finally seems to be regaining some of her confidence. Emily must have been quite perceptive to have recognized Julian/Julie from the beginning. Of course with her family history, she may be more attuned. The trip to London should prove quite interesting for Emily and Julie. I wonder if Emily's feelings have changed because of the night Julie took good care of her. There really is a lot left in this story and I am enjoying the journey immensely. Great chapter Jules! :D

DeeDee

You'd Be Surprised

joannebarbarella's picture

At what can be charged to a company's books and still be totally legal. I "inherited" a 3500 square foot apartment from one of my bosses, because it wasn't big enough for him and the lease still had eighteen months to run.

Julie may be embarrassed but gift horses...et la!

Hello all,

I've been working this storyline for a while and finally got caught up. I have worked for several companies that maintain offsite facilities for housing for work.companies that produce product need to help out sales/legal/engineering close to where their customers are. For example, General Motors has several apartment buildings near almost all of their plants.
Looking forward to much more of this believable story. Good work, Julia.

Time to party?!

Hmm, could be,