The Courtship of Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn (7)

Printer-friendly version

The Courtship of Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn
Chapter 7: Bridal Dream

I think every young girl at one point or another dreams of being a blushing bride. As soon as my head hit the soft pillow I found myself floating off into dreamland. I found myself standing in the very back of a church, a smaller church this time. The Mahogany pews were filled with people, women were dressed in pastel colored dresses, men in woolen three piece suits with big brass buttons. Sunlight was streaming through the stained glass window panes. At the front of the church there stood a tall brass altar with a bronze unadorned cross in the center. Standing in front of the altar was a tall, lean, handsome man with long brown hair that was tied back in a smooth ponytail. He was dressed in a navy blue woolen suit with big brass buttons. His hands were folded in the center.

I felt my breath being taken away as I peered at the man. That man was Daisy, a moment later I peered down at myself and noticed I was wearing a white bridal dress. My cheeks flushed with color as I looked to the side and noticed my father, my father was dressed in a matching navy blue woolen suit. He was standing straight up and peering straight at Daisy.

A moment later the church's organ came roaring to life and the opening bars of the bridal march started to play. A few seconds later I felt my dad touching my arm. I nodded my head and started to walk, slowly down the aisle. Each step, though I'll call them half-steps, took me closer and closer to the altar. All eyes were focused on me and I could feel the tension rising.

At last it seemed I reached the high altar. I then noticed that standing in the middle was a man with salt and pepper colored hair. He was dressed in a black trousers, a pair of dress shoes, a black long sleeve button down shirt with a white, stiff collar. He smiled at me and then smiled at Daisy. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, he was a priest.

The man cleared his throat and peered toward the gathered crowds. A second later he cleared his throat again and in a loud, commanding tone of voice called out to the crowds.

“The Lord be with you!”

A moment later the crowd responded, saying in unison.

“And also with you! Friends, future family members, and honored guests. We have gathered here today, in the house of God almighty, and have called you as witnesses. Today we shall join Mr. James Alexander Bell in holy harmony with Ms. Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn.” He paused and turned toward Daisy and in a commanding tone of voice he said. 

“James Alexander Bell, do you take Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn to be your willfully married wife, to love and to cherish? To support in health, illness, poverty, and or wealth?” He asked me in a very commanding tone of voice that made me shiver.

“I DO!” Cried out Daisy in a loud voice that echoed from the high alter down to the very back of the church.

The aged priest nodded his head, no doubt he found Daisy's answer very acceptable.

“And do you Cerridwen Circe Whitethorn, do you you take James Alexander Bell, to your willfully married husband, to love and to cherish? To support in health, illness, poverty, and or wealth?” He asked me in the same commanding voice he used toward Daisy. His steel-gray eyes seem to peer deep into my soul.

I took a deep breath and swallowed hard, this was the moment of truth. I could feel butterflies floating around my stomach. My throat was dry and I was having a hard time thinking straight, I could tell all eyes were on me, but finally, I found the strength to talk and with firm resolve I called out. 

“I DO!” I cried out in a loud, commanding tone of voice.

The priest only smiled. And then he cleared his throat and still smiling he held out his Bible and in a calm, but commanding tone of voice called out.

“Then by the power invested in me, by the Holy catholic church. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride!” The priest called out as he closed back, faux leather bound bible. I took a deep breath and waited with baited breath.

Daisy then turned around and peered at me, I peered right back at him through my veil, slowly he lifted the veil. I smiled at him, he in return smiled at me, and then he leaned in and kissed me, it was magical. I saw fireworks, and the gathered crowd cheered. And for the longest time Daisy and I kissed until we needed to come up for air. A moment later, he and I were rushing down the middle of the church. A moment later we were bounding down the concrete steps, people lined both sides of the concrete walkway. A loud cheer ushered from their throats. Then reaching down into sacks, they pulled out handfuls of rice, laughing, smiling and cheering they tossed their handfuls of rice at us.

The rice showered Daisy and I who only laughed and smiled at each other. Then it happen, something jolted me awake. I knew I was back in the world of the living because the paper thin hospital blanket was wrapped around and Dawn was looking straight at me, she was grinning from one ear to the other.

“Lunch time.” She said turning away.

“Your future husband brought you some Pizza-Hut.” She said, smirking.

“Wait What?!” I blinked as I looked down and clutched the covers in my hand.

“Girl, you were talking in your sleep.” Dawn said, smirking. “And given the way your blushing right now, I'm certain it was about a certain boy. Said boy is waiting for you right now, he's holding a deep dish, meat lovers, large pizza from Pizza Hut. Along with enough soda to float a battleship.” 

I blinked.

“But I'm not even dressed!” I cried out as I failed. I pulled the sheets and covers up closer to me, “And my hair is a bird's nest, and I'm hot and sweaty!” I called out.

Dawn peered at me, she then walked over to the nearby closet and pulled out an old pink housecoat, she tossed the housecoat toward me, I watched the housecoat land upon the bed.  Looked at the housecoat, then at Dawn, then back at the housecoat and then back at Dawn. It was clear as crystal. I was confused.

“Okay.” Dawn said, smirking. “Put on the housecoat, you should find a pair of matching slippers under the bed. Once you put the slippers and housecoat on, I want you to join us girl, remember this time is private. And you're wasting time. So please hurry up.” She said as she turned around and walked away. 

“Hold up!” I yelled and tossed the covers to the side as I jumped out of bed. A moment later I felt my bare feet touching the floor. Quickly I slipped on the slippers and tossed the housecoat around my skinny frame. I then rushed to catch up with Dawn. A few seconds later I was standing nose to nose with Daisy.

“Hey! Cerridwen!” Daisy said blushing. “Listen about yesterday, I guess things got a little tense. I mean, I don't know what happened.” Daisy was rambling at this point and it was kind of cute. I could tell he was at a loss for words.

I smiled and threw my arms around him. Daisy blinked and Dawn blinked, and at that very moment Lily decided to enter the room, just in time to see me pressing my blooming chest into Daisy, whose eyes had gone as wide as saucer plates.

“I guess you two are an item again!” Lily said, smirking a little. “Oh Pizza-Hut! Is there enough for me?” She said down to the small table that normally sat Daisy, Dawn, and I.

“Sure!” Dawn said. “Those two are cuddling and it might be a while,” Dawn said grinning.

“Hey that my Pizza! My boyfriend brought it for me!” I yelled before I could catch myself and with that I let Daisy go.

Lily and Dawn started smirking a little. They both smiled at each other.

“She just called him her boyfriend?” Dawn said grinning as she peered toward Daisy.

“I guess that makes it official then?” Lily said grinning. Her grin reached from one ear to the other. She then turned around and sighed. “Oh young love, first my little sister finds her true love at homecoming, now my other little sister finds her true love at homecoming. It's so romantic.” Then as an afterthought she added. “Now if only I could find true, everlasting love.”

“Pardon me Cerridwen?” Daisy said blushing as he walked up to, he was blushing. “But I've been meaning to ask you, would you be my date for the homecoming dance?” He said blushing.

“YES!” I screamed as I launched myself at him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight and spun around a little, I nearly brought him down too. 

“Well, I guess that does make it official.” Lily said. “Good call, because I know some girls wanted to take Daisy to the Homecoming Dance.”

“Tough luck to them!” I cried out! 

After that, Dawn, Lily, Daisy, and I shared a pizza lunch. We ate in silence, as the clock was ticking, and soon the bell was ringing bringing an end to our lunch. Daisy, and Lily returned to class. And Dawn, made sure I'd brushed my teeth before putting me back into bed.  Three hours later, I was being shaken awake, I was forced to get dressed and then feeling slightly better I walked home, along this time. My alone time allowed me to reflect on my dream. 

To Be Continued.

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos