Carla and Angela Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Manhattan Tower Twelve, Manhattan, New York:
Rita and the cleaning company she was hired to work for have been on site since eleven at night. The nighttime guards had cleared her and all the other cleaning members. Carla had managed to come by and give her the EMF scanner she needed to scan for the magical artifact.

As she is working on her assigned floor. She hears a commotion out in the hallway. She sticks her head out of the room she was in and spots the creature that Carla had warned her about. It was being confronted by the security officers that patrol the building, checking up on them.

She dials Carla’s number. If this creature is here in the building, that means the crystal was here as well.

Carla was waiting down in her car at the building Rita was at. This was supposed to be the building that Abraham Milford was staying in. She was waiting on Rita to give her the all-clear to come inside the place.

As she is sitting there waiting, she looks over towards her friend Ripper. Ripper had been another member of the Hunter organization that had defected from their ranks. She had witnessed the Hunter organization wipe out an entire village of innocent people, all because they had given shelter to some supernatural beings. The supernatural beings had brought them medicine and food when the rest of the world and their country had turned their back on them.

“So, what have you been up to lately, Rip?”

“Same old, same old. Causing problems for some of the kill squads that the Hunter organization has been sending out. I heard you are working for the guy that is causing more problems for them and the HSL.” Rip look at her old friend and could believe how much she has changed.

“You mean, Mr. Bounty? The Hunter organization made a mistake going after him and his partner. They shouldn’t have tried to kill him or his family members.”

“Why did they go after him?” Rip had heard rumors, but nothing solid.

“Well, the first reason was that they thought he was a supernatural himself. He was doing things that none of their people could do. Secondly, he and his people were starting to interfere with their plans and allegiances. Thirdly, they attacked his sister and daughter. That’s a big no, no with Mr. Bounty. You don’t attack his family without him and his partner coming after you.”

“But he is an ordinary person. What makes him so deadly?” Ripper has never met the man.

“Years and years of experience. He and his partner are the one percent of people that never want to come after you. Their kill count is higher than anyone’s among or in the Hunter organization.”

Just as Ripper was about to ask another question, Carla’s burner phone rang. She presses accept on it “what’s wrong Rita?”

“That creature you told me about is here and it is trying to get to the crystal ball.” Rita watches as the creature turns both men into dust. There was a pile of ashes where the men had been standing.

“Damn! Ripper and I are on our way. What floor are you on?”

“I’m on the fourth-eight floor. You’ll need to take the stairs. Hurry!” Rita hangs up.

“Let’s go, Ripper.” Carla exists from her car with Ripper following her.

Ripper tosses some explosive balls towards the front door of the building. When they hit the glass door, they shatter it. Both women were wearing their unique metallic armor. Carla’s was a silver color and Ripper’s was black with an image of the Grim Reaper painted on the front and back of it.

The two women run towards the emergency stairs entrance and start running up the stairs. Carla was hating running up the stairs. She was in full armor and carrying weapons with her. Ripper was in full armor as well, but just carrying her two polearms.

“Come on slow poke!” Ripper was ahead of Carla as they climbed the stairs.

On the 48th Floor:
Rita watches as the creature looks around on the floor they were on. The next thing Rita knows, there’s a high pitch piercing sound resonating on the floor. Blood starts leaking out of her nose as she starts feeling sick to her stomach.

The creature looks at the man aiming some sort of weapon at it. At first, it ignores the weapon as it starts moving forward toward the man. Soon, it starts feeling the sonic waves hitting against its body. It keeps moving forward as the intensity of the waves increase. It finds itself being pushed back by the sonic waves being directed at it.

Richie had thought his boss was crazy when he had this experimental weapon from DARPA sent here to the tower. He had been instructed to use it against this creature should it show up here at the tower. The sonic waves were causing the overhead lights to flicker and spark as the creature kept coming toward him.

He increases the power of the weapon and noticed it was having some effects on the creature. It was slowing down and pieces of it were flacking off. He watches as the creature raises its hand and directs it towards him. The last thing he is capable of getting out is a scream as a black cloud erupts from the creature’s hand and hits him.

As Carla and Ripper get closer to the floor that creature was on. They hear the high-pitched sound and feel it bounce against their body armor.

“What the hell is that God awful noise?” Ripper could hear it inside her helmet.

“I don’t know.” It was causing Carla to grit her teeth from the noises.

As they climbed higher up the stairs, they start getting headaches, feeling nauseous, dizzy, and feeling like they want to throw up.

Ripper stops and supports herself with the railing. She was ready to drop to her feet. She looks at Carla “I can’t take much more of this.” She was finding it hard to concentrate.

“Stay here, let me see what is causing this, and take it out.” Carla steels herself and finishes climbing up the stairs.

The door to the 48th floor was locked. She takes one of her disks out and places it on the door lock. The door flies off its hinges. She walks into the hallway and notices the guy in a business suit holding some sort of weapon and pointing it at the creature. She watches as the creature raises its hand and a black cloud shoots out engulfing the guy and turning him to dust.

“Shit!” As Carla dives back through the door.

The black cloud misses her as she rolls out of the doorway. She hears the guy scream, and then nothing else afterward. She waits a few minutes, before sneaking a peek. There was a pile of dust where the guy had been and a mangled piece of junk of whatever the weapon had been.

She was starting to feel better, now that the weapon had been destroyed. She stands up and walks back into the hallway. The creature wasn’t anywhere to be seen, but there were pieces of it floating in the air, drifting down towards the carpet floor.

Carla starts looking for Rita and after searching for a few minutes, she finds her in an office on the floor with blood coming out of her ears and nose. She had the EMF device in her hand and it was blinking red. Carla couldn’t leave Rita here on the floor like she was.

She calls 911 and has them send paramedics to the tower. She also tells them to send the fire department as well. She didn’t know what condition the building was in. She scoops Rita up off the floor and tosses her over her shoulder and heads for the stairs.

When she reaches the doorway to the stairs, she bumps into Ripper “we need to get Rita to the hospital.”

“Did you find what was causing that noise?” Ripper saw the blood on Rita’s ears and nose.

“Yes, whatever it is, it’s a mangled piece of metal now.” Carla starts heading down the stairs with Rita draped over her shoulder.

Carla carries Rita down the stairs with Ripper following behind her. The two women head towards the car Carla drove and rushes Rita to the nearest private hospital. She tells the doctor what Rita, herself, and Ripper were exposed to. She and Ripper weren’t feeling the effects of the weapon anymore, but poor Rita seemed to have gotten more exposure than they did.

After Ripper and Carla are checked out and given a clean bill of health. Ripper looks at Carla “I want in on capturing this asshole. Whatever that weapon was, I want to know.”

“Okay. I just hope Rita recovers without any side effects.” Carla looks at Rita through the separation glass.

Rita was hooked up to machines to keep her alive. The doctor had found that Rita’s brain had swollen and forced blood out of her nose. Her eardrums had burst as well, that was why she had blood coming from her ears.

Dr. Waters said Rita will recover, but she’ll have to avoid loud noises and such. He’ll keep Carla informed about the swelling of Rita’s brain. He’s positive that he can get it to go down.

Carla and Ripper leave the private hospital. They get into Carla’s car, after striping out of their armor.

“Drop me at Lee’s, please.” Ripper needed to soak and talk to Lee about what she encountered tonight.

“Alright, let me know if you find out anything.”

“I will.” Ripper looks forward to relaxing and talking with Lee.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ultra sonic

Samantha Heart's picture

Those weapons are effective but this one this one is deadly, & WAY too powerful. I hope they can find the Item & return it to NYX.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The weapon

The Ultra Sonic weapon that Richie was using was destroyed by Nyx's servant. It's a mangle piece of junk right now. Now, Nyx's servant was seriously injured by the weapon and it will take time to heal itself. Which will give Carla and Ripper time to recover the crystal ball and return it.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison