After Linda 2

Printer-friendly version

After Linda Part 2
A closet crossdresser and his best friend endure loss and love. Part 2.
washing (3).JPG

Peter arranged for most of his furniture to go into storage. He had sold his house in just a few months. He moved in with David after that. He resisted slipping into his “Petra” mindset. They were both worried they would bet caught. Even in 2022 there were plenty of narrow-minded people that would make their lives hell.

The plan they had was hold on until they moved into a new house with each other. They wanted the few friends they had to keep their memories of them as two normal men. They were both in their late fifties and things like that mattered to them.

Peter was going to tell the small amount of family he had, that he was moving to Canada. He would change as soon as they arrived at their new house, then stay as Petra forever.

They had discussed it at length in the evenings while watching TV together.

David asked,

“You do realize that you will never ear trousers again? I like my women to look feminine always.”

“Yes Dave, I’m happy to do that. Stop worrying.”

“Your whole life will be, knickers instead of pants, skirts instead of trousers, blouses instead of shirts, stockings instead of socks, slips instead of vests, bra’s instead of, I don’t know. It’s a big change.”

“Yes one that I’m really looking forward to. There will be makeup, wigs and perfume. I’ll have time to pamper myself. With the money I have in the bank we won’t need to work. We can enjoy life.”

“I just don’t want you to have any regrets. When we move in I will never treat you as a man again. My best friend Peter will have moved to Canada, and I will be living with Petra.”

“My job is to be the best woman I can be. Yours will be showing how much you appreciate my effort. I am going to register with a doctor there and tell him I’m transgender. I want a gender recognition certificate.”

“Do you? You want to go all the way?”

“Well possibly not. I just want to be officially recognized as a woman. You don’t have to have the op to get the certificate.”

“I’ll support you any whatever happens. I’m really missing Petra. I just wish we both didn’t have these hang ups.”

“Petra is missing you too Dave. It will be worth it. We’ll have the rest of our lives together.”

David felt like kissing him, but knew they would both feel awkward.

They went house hunting at the weekends. Peter did all the searching while David was working out his notice. They had an offer on Peter’s house a week later. All they needed to do was find their forever home.

That weekend they viewed an empty bungalow at Frinton. It was high on a hill that looked over the Essex coast. Peter knew that due to the high percentage of older people retiring that Frinton was affectionately known as God’s waiting room.

A few weeks later they had donated all the furniture they did not need to charity and the moving date was set. Peter would not help with the move. He was going to stay in a hotel and arrive as Petra the next day.

He was very emotional when he left the night before the move. He had tears in his eyes as he hugged David and said goodbye.

“What’s the matter Peter? I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon.”

“If all goes well Dave, you’ll never see Peter again. I know this is what I want, but it feels like Peter is dying. You may never see him again.”

“Oh Pete, you can be Peter anytime you want. I won’t mind.”

“No Dave. I want you to grow to love Petra. That won’t happen if you wake up next to Peter. Just say goodbye and you will see Petra tomorrow.”

Peter had planned to stay in the premier inn just outside Clacton, He would stay the night and remove all of his hair using depilatory cream. In the morning he would have his breakfast and turn into Petra. Forever he hoped. He planned to throw his last male clothing into the bin.

When he arrived at the hotel he checked in and saw the little plastic box to deposit the key when you left. Perfect, he thought. He paid for his room and his breakfast as he checked in. Peter arrived, and the next morning Petra left.

She had remembered that she would need to change into trainers to drive and took her two inch heels off as she sat in the car. It felt so different for her sitting in her car in a skirt and stockings. As she drove she felt her nylon covered legs rubbing together. It stuck her, this would be the sort of thing she would feel for the rest of her life.

Genetic women would never think like this, as they wear soft sensuous clothes all their lives. It becomes common place, and probably a nuisance. She thought. She wondered if she would get to that stage. She hoped not. She knew David enjoyed feminine women.

She waited at a junction to turn onto the main road. The stream of car was continuous. A car flashed her. The driver smiled and let her pull out. Well she thought, that didn’t happen much to Peter.

A few minutes away now, she practiced her female voice. She had found she could talk in a higher voice if she put on a slight Scottish accent. She practiced with David until she didn’t sound like Mrs. Doubtfire.

The front door was open when she arrived. David had been sorting out the boxes in the kitchen.

“Leave that Dave. This is my domain. You sit down and I’ll make us a nice cup of tea.”

David looked up and gave her a broad smile.

“Petra, I’m glad you’re here. This place needs a woman’s touch.”

He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her as she was standing at the sink filling the kettle. He kissed her gently on the back of the head.

“I missed you Petra. I don’t want you to go again.”

Petra felt his strong arms around her. It felt so right. She felt protected and didn’t want the moment to pass.

“Come on Dave. Let’s have this tea. Then I’ll go and make the bed. Then it’s the bathroom, Kitchen and living room to sort out. Do you mind if I don’t cook tonight?”

“No problem. There is a chip shop half a mile away. I’ll nip out when we are hungry.”

They both worked hard over the next few hours. Petra noticed David wouldn’t let her lift anything heavy. He was really into the idea of her being Petra now. Around six, they both slumped down on the sofa to rest.

“Right love what do you want from the chippy?”

“Just chips for me. I’m watching my weight. I know they aren’t healthy, but the smaller the better.”

“You’re the boss Petra. I should be back in about twenty minutes.”

As David drove off she walked around the house. It felt strange. She was now the lady of the house. She would take on all the jobs a wife would traditionally do. Cleaning, washing, ironing and cooking. She would choose the decorations too.

As a widower, she knew how to do all those jobs. Now though, she would be doing them dressed and acting like a woman. This sent a shiver of anticipation through her. She had dreamed of this since childhood.

Back in the 70’s she knew she would have probably been sent somewhere horrible if she had told anyone. She had read accounts of people being given electric shocks to stop them wanting to be female. It was sick that these people would think. “Why would any man ever want to be a woman?” You must be insane.

She had bottled it up and "manned up" and joined the Army. That was when Peter met David. He had been Peter's friend and a protector ever since. Peter loved his wife, and her love kept him strong enough to suppress the need to be a woman. It never went away though. When she died the urge came rushing back. She didn’t regret her marriage, but did regret the time she wasted not being who she was meant to be.

When Dave arrived carrying a bag of delicious food, he found her with her head in her hands sobbing.

“Oh Petra, whatever’s the matter?”

“Nothing you’ve done Dave. I just can’t believe this is true. I get to live my dream. I didn’t hate being Peter, but it was like I lived my whole life in disguise, behind a mask. Now the woman that has struggled to be free has been released.”

“Petra I have to tell you; I have been attracted to you since we met in the army. I would never have told you though. I felt so bad about. I thought I was gay. It messed my head up. You know how gays were treated in the army. When I met Linda I realized I loved women too. She was my first and only. I loved her feminity. When I saw Petra, I felt the same about her. I loved Peter as a brother. I could love Petra as a woman. Does that sense? Because it confuses me.”

“Yes it does. I could not kiss you as Peter. Petra wants to kiss you and more.”

“Well that’s that sorted. Dry your eyes and dish the food up, it getting cold woman.”

As Petra took the bag into the kitchen he gave her a friendly smack on the backside.

Another first, she thought. There would be so many more of them in her future.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another first

very nice.

DogSig.png

Thanks Dorothy. It was going

leeanna19's picture

Thanks Dorothy. It was going to be a one off. Now I think I'll do a few more.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

What happened?

What happened?
Part 2 was just the 2nd half of part 1.

Hi I wrote part 2 , then

leeanna19's picture

Hi I wrote part 2 , then added it to part 1. Part 1 is part of the story contest, so I wasn't sure whch way to do it.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna