After Linda 4

Printer-friendly version

After Linda Part 4
A closet crossdresser and his best friend endure loss and love. Part 4.
Petra has visited her GP to ask about GRS?
washing (3).JPG

On Monday night David arrived home to a quite house.

“Petra where are you?”

He was carrying a box of chocolates, a card and a single rose. He found Petra in the bedroom sobbing into a pillow.

“Baby, whatever’s the matter?”

She turned to face him. Panda eyes red with tears.

“The doctor, the bloody man told me to come back next year! He kept calling me Mr.”

Dave felt a wave of rage. He felt protective about Petra. His instinct told him to go and punch the doctor. He knew that was stupid. He sat on the bed and held her.

“Tell me what happened.”

“I registered us and asked to see a doctor. They had a cancellation so I went into to see doctor James. He is in his sixties and very abrupt. When I told him I wanted to start the process for changing gender he laughed.”

“He did what!”

“He called me Mr. Barber. He asked why I thought I as a woman. I told him all about my life, but he said it was just a phase because of my wife’s death. He said he wasn’t prepared to waste NHS money on my fantasy.”

“Was that all he said?”

“Yes. He said come back next year if I still felt this way. Oh and he gave me some leaflets about HIV.”

He could see how upset she was. He needed to stay calm. He had been surprised when he read that one in seven transgender patients are refused healthcare by GP’s in the UK.

“Right, first call tomorrow and ask to see another doctor. Who else is there?”

There are two more GP’s one is a woman in her thirties, the other the same age as doctor James.”

“Get an appointment with the woman. She is younger and will probably understand transgender people better. If not we will change doctors, or go private.”

He dried her eyes and gave her a tissue to finish the job.

“Oh I got you these Petra.”

He gave her the flowers and the chocolates.

“Thank you David. Thank you so much. This is the first time Petra has had a valentine.”

They kissed and he pulled her in tight. He could smell her perfume and felt himself getting turned on. No time for that he thought.

“Right, get your glad rags on. I’m taking you out.”

“Where? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Come on Petra, you’ve known me long enough to know I’m spontaneous. I thought it would be nice for valentine’s day.”

“Yes like anywhere has tables left on valentine’s day. You planned this Dave.”

He gave her a lopsided grin. He could see she was cheering up.

“Guilty as charged. I have been thinking about us a lot. Here open your card.”

She carefully opened it and saw the picture of young lovers on the cover. Inside there was a poem.


Roses are red

Violets are blue

I know this is corny

But I’m so in love with you

I know our future may hold trouble and strife

I can face it all with you as my wife

She looked up from the card with a lump in her throat. He wasn’t there.

“Ah hem”

She looked down and saw David on one knee holding an engagement ring.

“Will you marry me?”

“Yes, yes I will!”

Her heart was pounding. This is what she had dreamed of for so long. She held out her hand and he slipped the ring on.

“One other thing Petra.”

“Anything Dave, I’d do anything right now.”

“Can you help me up?”

She helped him to his feet and they kissed. He held her tight. She knew now. Although the next few years would be hard. With his love, they would get through it.

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Dorothy. I wasn't

leeanna19's picture

Thanks Dorothy. I wasn't going to write today, but I though as was valentines.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

I Know About That

joannebarbarella's picture

At my age getting down is easy.....getting up is a lot harder!

Was that innuendo Joanna? LOL

leeanna19's picture

Was that innuendo Joanne? LOL If it was I know what you mean.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna