Project: Night Bird Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

Cora watches as one of Aero Flight's helicopter lands. She stood nearby next to one of the SUV’s she took from her first case. So, that she looked professional, she decided to wear a black business suit and had on a pair of mirrored aviator sunglasses.

Patricia lands the helicopter she had been asked to fly and pick-up a gentleman named Aaron Rezende. She wasn’t given much information, but she didn’t need to know. She ran Aaron Rezende’s name through the Marshal database and learned why the US Marshal’s were protecting him. She could easily find the account if she wanted to.

Aaron Rezende looks at the airfield as they landed. He had been woken in the middle of the night and was greeted by a person that was identical to him. He had his head covered and was transferred to a waiting SUV.

“Where are we?” Aaron looks at the female US Marshal assigned to him.

April looks at Mr. Rezende “it's best you don’t know, Mr. Rezende.”

April was informed to keep everything secret, because of a leak. She just transferred from the Knoxville Marshal Office to the Salt Lake City Marshal office. She was assigned to protect Aaron Rezende, while arrangements were being made for him.

“Don’t forget, you need me, Marshal Villain.” Aaron looks at April.

“I haven’t forgotten, Mr. Rezende.” April will be glad when this assignment is over with.

The flight crew helps Mr. Rezende and US Marshal out of the helicopter. They are escorted over to the black SUV Cora was standing at “I’ll take them from here, guys.”

Aaron Rezende looks at the Native American woman dressed in a black uniform and wearing mirror aviator glasses. He notices the black SUV behind her.

“What are you suppose to be?” Mr. Rezende wonders who the Native American woman was.

“I’m just your driver. If you want to live, I would be a bit nicer to people.” Cora lowers her shades to look at Mr. Rezende. Her fox mask was in
the SUV in her bag if she needed it.

Aaron Rezende Safe House:
Avery watched as the real Aaron Rezende is escorted out. He was hired to impersonate Aaron Rezende by his friend Marshal Quin. That was his specialty and what he did for a living He had met at his friend’s apartment and met Marshal McShane.

Marshal Quin explained to him, why he needed his services and what danger he could face. Avery didn’t care about the danger. He uses to work for the CIA as an undercover agent, in some of the worst countries.

Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane explained what they wanted him to do. They wanted him to replace Aaron Rezende so, they could lure and capture the people sent to kidnap him. They couldn’t trust anyone in their office or any of the other offices. They felt someone in transportation was leaking the information. So, they wanted to keep this off the books and on the down-low.

Avery is picked up by Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane. The female Marshal riding with him was named Harris and she was in her late thirties. They leave and drive down the highway.

SUV 1:
Cora had already radio Katey and Jessica. She was taking a different route than the other SUV. She hopes their plan will work.

Aaron Rezende watches as the countryside went by. He was feeling nervous after he learned that Mr. Beltrão had sent some men to grab him.
He glances towards his body and notices she was alert as well. He looks back towards the Native American woman driving the SUV. He wonders how she fitted in with the Marshal’s.

SUV 2:
Marshal Quin was driving the second SUV. He was following the route they had planned on using. All three Marshal’s were keeping their eyes out. Two of the Marshals knew an attack was going to happened, but they didn’t know when.

Avery was alert as well. He was watching the three Marshals as they drove.

“I hope you know what you’re doing because Medina Beltrão isn’t going to let me testify against him or let you get his money.” Avery had to play up the role.

Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane gave him enough information and background on Aaron Rezende to pass as him. He looks towards Marshal Harris and notices she was looking a little nervous. He didn’t know if it was the assignment or if she was in league with the people trying to kidnap him.

Night Bird:
Katey and Jessica were shadowing Marshal Quin’s SUV with their decoy person. They had the stealth system on and were high enough, they couldn’t be seen. So, far nothing has popped up on their radar.

“Katey, do you think they are going to take the bait?” Jessica was curious because they were halfway to their destination.

“Oh, they are going to take the bait.” Katey was sure of that.

The next fifteen minutes go by slowly. Jessica looks at her instruments and notices two blips, were flying nap of the Earth.

“We got two fishes coming in. Identifying their transponder codes.” Jessica runs their transponders and they come up as belonging to some sightseeing tour.

“They are using false transponder codes, Katey.” Jessica checked their radar silhouettes against their combat computer.

“That’s what I thought. They are trying to be sneaky. Any sign of the Eurocopter?” Katey wanted a rematch against them.

“No, nothing yet. So, what do you want to do?” Jessica was ready for war.

“Let’s see how they like our toys.” Katey starts heading towards the blips.

Jessica arms the railgun and lasers. She watches as the energy consumption goes down as the lasers come online.

“FIRE!”

The Apache was getting ready to attack the SUV when all of sudden, smoke starts coming from their tail rotor and they lose their main rotor. Something hard had hit their main rotor, causing the motor to explode.

“The Apache is going down.” Jessica had monitored the damaged the lasers had done and what the railgun had done as well.

“Take the sea stallion out.” Katey drops the stealth system and comes around to fire at sea stallion.

“Katey, we have company.” Jessica activates the new shield system, just in time. Sparks danced around Night Bird as the microwaves, hit the shield.

An evil smile appears on Katey’s face, as she fires the new missiles at the sea stallion. She had targeted the tail rotor and the main rotor.

“Let’s see you take these missiles out.” Katey fires the new missiles.

The pilot of the sea stallion tries using their microwave weapon system on the missiles. Nothing happens as the missiles hit their target. Two of
the missiles Katey fired hits the tail as she planned, and the other two missiles hit the main engine.

She watches as the sea stallion starts spiraling out of control.

“Incoming!” The warning lights in Night Bird start flashing.

Katey dodges out of the way of the minigun mounted on the Eurocopter. She brings Night Bird’s railgun around and rapidly fires it at the Eurocopter. She was determined to take Alex Peresviet and his damn chopper down.

Warning signals sound as several of the fletches from Night Bird passes through the cockpit. One goes through his legs and several others go through his co-pilot. Gianna Reddick screams out in pain, as several fletches pass through her body.

Alex targets Night Bird with missiles and fires. He watches as the strange weapon on Night Bird turns around and targets each missile. Each missile disappears as it gets hit.

“What’s our energy reading, Jessica?” Katey keeps firing the railgun at the Eurocopter.

She has already exhausted their missiles. She wanted to use the lasers, but that used uses a lot of energy and right now they had the shield up to protect them.

“We don’t have enough to use the lasers and keep the shield up.” Jessica was watching the energy levels as they started dipping.

“Alright.” Katey does a mid-air pivot and fires the railgun at Alex.

Alex wasn’t prepared when Night Bird does a mid-air pivot and fires its railgun directly into his cockpit. The Eurocopter goes down in flames as it hits the ground.

“That’s for all the brave men and women you killed, you bastard.” Katey checks on the SUV that Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane were in.

Marshal Quin had stopped and watched as Night Bird came out of the sky and took on all three helicopters. The Eurocopter crashes about half a mile from them.

“Turning the shield off.” Jessica turns the energy shield off.

“Alright.” Katey flies over towards the Sea Stallion and the Apache to see who survived the crash landing.

The pilots of the Sea Stallion and the Apache survived. Some of the men who were going to kidnap Mr. Rezende were stumbling out of the
Sea Stallion. One of them looks up at Night Bird and gives it the middle finger.

In return, Jessica paints him with the lasers mounted on the side of the cockpit. She kept the power of the lasers low.

“Mine is more powerful.”

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Night Bird got his revenge

Samantha Heart's picture

And THEN some. Looks like the plan worked so far. I hope they find the leak and eliminate it! Plug the leak & seal it for everyone's safety.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It is going to be absolutely awesome

WillowD's picture

when I can read the entire story at one time. And, yes, this is a story I fully intend to re-read at least once once it is finished.

More Restrained Than Me

I'd have used enough power to the laser to give him a light flashburn, like the equivalent of a sunburn. Would only be appropriate, "You f**k with me you're gonne get burned!"


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Two problems down

Jamie Lee's picture

If you're going to think of yourself as a badass, you need to actually be a badass. You also need to know what you'll be flying against, so you know what its capable of doing in flight.

Alex didn't know what he was up against or what it could do. Now he doesn't have to worry about anything any more. And they don't have to worry about him either.

Now if they can find who is passing information and literally plug them.

Others have feelings too.