Project: Night Bird Chapter 19

Printer-friendly version

Mr.Webber was catching up on the reports the main office wanted. He couldn’t believe how much detail they wanted and what actions were being taken. He takes a sip of his coffee, just as he finished the last report. Just as he sent the last report, his office door opened.

Cora walks into Mr. Webber’s office, without knocking. She spots him sitting behind his desk “we need to talk “

“Okay, what is so important that you need to brag into my office?” Mr. Webber looks at Cora like a father would.

“I know who their next target is and we need to get the Marshals involved on this one.” Cora stood before Mr. Webber’s desk.

“What are you talking about Cora?” Mr. Webber was a little confused.

“The people who stoled all the gold. They are going to go after someone in the US Marshal’s custody. They are going to take a person by the name of Aaron Rezende from the Marshal’s because he stole money from someone named Medina Beltrão.”

“Why? What is so special about this guy?” Mr. Webber wanted to know more?

“According to what I recalled, Mr. Rezende holds the information to an account that has Mr. Beltrão money. If they kill him, Mr. Beltrão won’t get his money.”

“Alright, I’ll get the Marshal’s on the phone.”

“Okay, I’m going down to the cafeteria and grab a cup of tea.” Cora turns and leaves Mr. Webber’s office.

Mr. Webber gets on the phone and calls Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane. He needs to find out more about Mr. Rezende's person and Mr. Beltrão as well.

Night Bird’s Hangar:
Katey and Jessica head towards Night Bird to see what has been done to him. They knew Chief Jordan and the person name Lucy has been working hard to repair and upgrade Night Bird.

“Hey Chief, how’s our boy?” Katey spotted Chief Jordan making sure everything was buttoned up.

“He’s ready to show who’s the boss in the air.” Chief Jordan looks proudly at Night Bird.

“So, what upgrades did you guys do to him?” Katey was curious and so was Jessica.

She wanted to know what they did to their favorite toy. Jessica walks towards the cockpit and climbs in. She looks over the controls to see what they did.

Chief Jordan watched as Jessica walks over to Night Bird. He knew she wanted to check out what he and his team did to him.

“We installed an experimental shielding device, that should protect you from the microwave attack. The drawback to this shielding, its an energy hog. So, when it is engaged, you can’t use your stealth system. It doesn’t leave enough energy for you to use it.” Chief Jordan and
Samantha tried everything possible to make it possible for both systems to work. However, both systems draw to much power and drained the hydrogen cells to fast.

“So, we’re protected from their special attacks?” Katey didn’t know it was possible.

“Yes. Also, we installed different missiles in Night Bird. The microwave beam shouldn’t affect them.”

“Well, let's take him up and see how he handles.” Katey heads towards the cockpit and gets in.

“We’ll be monitoring you.” Chief Jordan walks over to the monitoring equipment

“Alright, Jessica. Let’s see what they have done to our boy.” Katey lowers her visor and takes off into the air.

Jessica monitors all the instruments as they take off. So, far everything was within range of what they should be.

“Jessica, I’m going to take us out a little further than our assigned section.” Katey widens their patrol radius.

“How does he feel Katey?” Jessica noticed a little jerky movement.

“He’s responding faster then he did before.” Katey noticed the controls were more sensitive.

“I’m going to activate our new shielding system to see how much of a power drain it puts on our system.”

“Okay, go ahead.” Katey wanted to see herself how much of a drain it did.

Jessica activates the shielding system. Instantly, the power indicates dip as soon as it turned on. Both women noticed how much energy the new system stole from Night Bird’s energy cells.

“Okay, Chief Jordan was right about the drain. We might be able to get a few shots with the lasers if we needed them before we would have to turn back.” Jessica turns the system off.

“We’ll have to be careful while the shield system is on.” Katey does their patrol route while learning how Night Bird responded. She wanted to get revenge on Alex Peresviet and his partner Gianna Reddick for what they did to Night Bird.

“I wish we knew what their game plans were.” Jessica was thinking about the crooks what else they were planning.

“Who knows. I do know we owe them for what they did to Night Bird.”

A sly smile appears on Jessica’s face. She knew how Katey felt about all her vehicles and how special Night Bird was to her. She keeps an eye on all their instruments as they keep doing their patrol.

US Marshal Office:
Marshal Quin and Marshal McShane were going over the reports of the men Lucy was able to identify. A lot of them had military records and were wanted in several countries on various charges.

“Can you believe these files? These men Simon Wright hired are wanted by a lot of countries.” Marshal Quin couldn’t their records.

“According to the information, they all have worked together before.” Marshal McShane closes the file he put together on them.
“Ring, ring, ring!”

Marshal Quin’s cellphone starts ringing. He picks it up and answers it “hello?”

“Marshal Quin, this is Mr. Webber from Aero Flight Industries. I need for you and your partner to check on a person by the name of Aaron Rezende and another one by the name of Medina Beltrão.” Murray puts down the sheet of paper that had his notes on it.

“Okay, why do you need for us to check these men out.” Marshal Quin was curious.

“Because, the men that Mr. Wright hired are going after Aaron Rezende, who is in the Marshals custody.”

Mr. Quin taps the keys on his keyboard and Aaron Rezende's name comes up as being protected by them. The reason was that he had information on Medina Beltrão. Quin motions his McShane over to look at the computer.

“How do you know about Aaron Rezende, Mr. Webber?”

“Cora Black. That night she went and infiltrated that property she heard them mention his name.”

“Did she say how?” Marshal Quin was curious because no one was supposed to know about Aaron Rezende.

“I think you would be better off talking with her.” Mr. Webber figures Cora could explain things to them.

“Alright, we’ll be at your office in a few hours.” Marshal Quin and McShane still had a few things to do.

“Okay, I’ll have Mrs. Black waiting here for you.”

“Okay.’ Marshal Quin ends the call.

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A leak

Samantha Heart's picture

The Martial's have a leak on the inside. Thats how those men found out about the guy they are going after. As far as the energy consumption there HAS to be a way to make the sheild more energy efficient.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.