Aftermath 22

Printer-friendly version


Aftermath part 22

Comparing the list to the one I have everything was the same. Oh one just changed. Tail number 47117 needs some avionics work. It is real time. So I changed my status board to show the change.

About 8:40 I used the bathroom. After going, I checked myself over. Being the squadron commander I had to make sure I looked my best. I shook out my hair redoing the bobby pin holding my bangs. Put on some light pink lip gloss. It was slightly darker than my natural color.
From there I headed to Class room 2. Just walking at a normal pace, Checking my watch it was 3 minutes till nine when I arrived at the door. I waited till exactly 9 before walking in.

“Room attenchhon” Somebody called. The whole room jumped to attention.

As I got to the center of the room, “At ease, please take your seats.”

everybody sat down.

“Ladies and Gentleman, I am Colonel West. Your new squadron commander. Let me first tell you a little about myself to dissuade any roomers. Yes, I have been in a coma for three years. If it wasn't for my friend, Dr.Hart, I wouldn't be hear right now. I am widowed. I am an Academy and academy flight school graduate. I have over 9000 flight hours in the cockpit of an AC130 gunship. I have been deployed twice. Once as a right seat the other as the pilot. Could we please go around the room and introduce yourselves? Lets do it slightly informal. No need to stand and report. Just name, rank and position.”

Pointing to Major Higgons, “ Major, will you please begin?”

“Yes, Ma'am, Major Higgons, Vice Commander.”

“Smsgt Finnegan, First sergeant.”

“Major Scott, operations officer.” A pretty red head.

And so on around the room. There were about 16 people.

“Thank you everybody. Now what I expect from those under my command.” I started. “I know everyone is human and makes mistakes. All I ask is for everyone to do the job you are trained for. Uncle sugar spent a lot of money to train you. I want everyone to put that training to use.”

I continued for almost an hour, just outlining what I demand from my people. What I will not tolerate from anyone.

I dismissed my senior staff. Telling them that I will be having a commanders call after the COC. Major Scott called the room back to attention. As I left.

Returning to my office. No messages,No new emails. The rest of the day dragged on, unfortunately. As I was anxiously waiting so I can see Ashlee. I had changed the time to 6 and invited her to dinner.

About 2 I had the first shirt come in to discuss some of our possible problem children. Luckily only a couple of them. We worked on a plan to help them straighten up. They both seemed like good troops just got side tracked.

I reiterated my feelings on the recall roster, that I mentioned at the staff meeting. If anyone gives a false phone number will be charged with an article 15. and demoted. And that I didn't care if it was an A1C or a Smsgt. I don't want to call dial a prayer or the time or even Joe's pool hall to inform a person under my command that the shit hit the fan and is needed to report to duty. Now.

Our meeting lasted about 45 minutes. Only a little over an hour till I can head home.

So who slowed down the clocks? I thought.

Finally 4 pm came.

“Have a good evening, Marcy.” I told Marcy as I headed out.

“Will do, See you in the AM.”

While I wanted to run to the truck and race home. I kept my composure. All the way until I parked the truck in the driveway. I almost ran in the house. Scaring the crap out of Zoey and Brittney. Who were on the couch. By the time I got to my room and closed the door, I was half out of my flight suit. Kicking it off, I jumped in the bathtub taking a nice bath. One to relax mostly. Also get sweet smelling as I used my midnight mist bath beads. Then the matching body spray once I got out. Putting on a sexy thong and matching lacy bra. Then my pink dress, It came just above the knee. The skirt was a darker pink with black hounds tooth pattern, and the top was lighter. Light make up and sandals with slight heel finished it off.

As I came out of my room. Heading to start dinner.

“Gosh, Mom. You scared the crud out of both of us. I thought it was a home invasion or something.” Zoey stated.

“It sure, did Mrs. W” Brittney added.

“I'm sorry, girls. But it is an important date.”

“That is alright, Mrs W. Zoey told me about her.”

“Oh, she did did she.” I looked at my daughter. Who just showed a guilty smile.

“Well” I continued. “You are almost family so it is OK.”

Zoey just smiled.

I continued working on dinner. Home made spaghetti, sauce, and warm bread sticks. I let everything cook. Then the door bell rang. I almost jumped out of my skin, then realized it was 6:30. And must be Ashlee.

As I hurried to the door, pulling off my apron. Making sure I was presentable. I opened the door.

Ashlee looked so beautiful. She has worn a light green and white dress. A big smile on her pretty face.

Smiling also, “Hi,” Was just about all I could manage. Opening the door, “Please come in. Welcome to our home.” I almost blurted out. I was so nervous. I had to tell my self, Breath Bri-anna breath. I calmed down if only just slightly.

I introduced Ashlee to Zoey and Brittney. “Ashlee, I would like you to meet my daughter, Zoey and her girlfriend, Brittney.”

In a sweet southern voice, “It is so nice to meet the infamous, Zoey.” Ashlee said.

“Gee, Thanks Mom. What lies did you tell Ashlee?”

“Me, None at all.” I acted innocent.

“Your mom just said that you were her pride and joy and she loves you very much.”

Zoey turned a little pink.

“AH,Zoey. Would you and Brittney watch dinner while I show. Ashlee our house?”

“We sure will.”

“Come on I'll give you the quarter tour.”

“I thought it was only a nickel?” Ashlee teased.

“It was but you know inflation. Had to raise my prices.” We both giggled. There was no way that Ashlee was born a boy. Everything about her was feminine. Don't know if she still has boy plumbing. It is not my place to ask. I guess I may find out in time.

I showed her around the house. The bed rooms, office, and then the garage.

Were she commented on the Explorer. “Wow, that thing is huge. When I see something that big I figure the guy driving it has to compensate for the lack of something.” She wiggled her little finger. Again We both giggled.

“What about when a girl is driving it?” I asked, jokingly.

“She is compensating for lack of getting something, maybe.”

Thinking out loud “Yeah, you may be right. I have been lack....” I quickly shut up, as I was going to the wrong thing. It seemed that I felt comfortable with Ashlee. That comment would be said around Cassie and Whitney, as I have known them for years.

Swallowing, “Sorry, it didn't mean to say that.” I said turning red.

“It is OK,”

Lastly I showed her our backyard. The porch and mostly the beach and gulf.

“Cool, your own beach.”

“I don't really own the beach but I call it ours.”.

“Wither it is yours or not it is cool.”

We returned to the back porch, having a seat in our porch swing. I wound up sliding close to her. I could smell her perfume. I don't know why I did it. It seemed the thing to do at the time. I put my arm on the back of the swing, behind her. We talked a little bit. I asked about her struggle with being transgender. Boy, did I learn things. She started when she was little and told me about growing up trans.

I could hear the pain in her voice when she told me about when she was in Jr high. Once she started about high school she just broke down crying. I moved my hand to her shoulder to comfort her.

“I understand, you don't have to tell me anymore.”

I gently pulled her to me she lay her head on my shoulder.

Through the tears, “Well I want to be honest with the ones I care about.” she told me.

Then it happened, I was looking at her she turned to look at me. We kissed passionately. Once we broke out kiss.

We both said “I'm sorry I did that.”

We both shook our heads, No. Then kissed again. Our tongues fighting. I felt the passion that I haven't felt since Marcus died. I never thought I would again. Yet, here I am with that feeling, from a girl. No less.

I wiped away her tears with my fingers. I could tell she as still sad about it. She cuddled next to me on the swing. We were like a teenage couple, making out.

We were in the middle of a kiss, When we heard, “Uh, Um. Ah Mom, Ashlee dinner is ready.”

Both me and Ashlee were startled at the interruption. “Thank you, Honey. We'll be right in.” I said.

Ashlee stood, “I guess dinner is ready.”She wiped her face.

“Yeah, I guess so.” I could feel my face going beet red. Ashlee's was too. I took Ashlee's hand interlacing our fingers. I lead her to the table. We sat next to each other as Zoey and Brittney served the spaghetti. I could see the look on Zoey's face. One of holey shit I caught mom making out with another woman.

As Brittney and Zoey sat down. “MMM, this smell so good.” Ashlee commented.

“I hope you like spaghetti.” I answered. Still embarrassed.

“I sure do.”

I took a sip of my water. Swallowing hard. I was just about ready to apologize to Zoey. But her expression changed to one of understanding. I think she knew that I wouldn't do something like that unless I was really in love with her. I just smiled, Zoey smiled back and gave a quick wink.

The four of us talked some though dinner. Just about general stuff. School stuff from Zoey and Brittney. Mine and Ashlee's jobs.

“Sorry if this is to forward, but you two are a couple.” Ashlee asked.

“Yes, we are. We have been together for almost 4 years.” Britney answered before Zoey could finish her mouthful of spaghetti.

“That is so wonderful. Meeting the right person. That spark growing between you.”

“Yes, we care for one another. I'm a lesbian and I don't care who knows.” Zoey added.

“Good for the both of you. Not hiding your feelings or who you are. Brie, you have raised a beautiful daughter. Not only in the looks department but as a person too.”

That comment made Zoey turn 12 shades of red with embarrassment.

“Thank you. Ashlee.” Zoey almost tried to hide.

“Yep she is something special.” Brittney kept her from hiding. Then kissed her.

“Yeah, thanks. I think so too.” As I leaned over and kissed Ashlee.

We finished our dinner. Me and Ashlee cleared the table. Then rinsed and put the dishes in the washer.

“Hey, I noticed a fire ring outside. Want to get one going?” Ashlee observed.

“Why not.” We both headed out. Getting some firewood from the back of the garage. Soon Ashlee got it going. We sat on one of the benches we have out there. More to the point we cuddled on the bench. While Brittney and Zoey cuddled on the other bench.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rut-roh........

D. Eden's picture

Sounds like we are in for another curve ball here!

Where are we going now?

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Really???

NoraAdrienne's picture

Beep Beep Beep.... aw come on.. Not another dream sequence. Geez Louiz ya just hadda do it.

UH HUH.

sure did

The end?

Samantha Heart's picture

Reslly? So much more you kind of rushed the ending there! Especially the beep, beep, beep of a heart monitor.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Nothing ever comes to an end.

Nothing ever comes to an end. It is the end for now. Still thinking of the additional story line.

Not one but two couples at dinner

Jamie Lee's picture

New bosses have different ways of doing things, but expectations are usually the same. Get the job done as training dictates. Any with any organization, there are a few who need more encouragement than others. Including a strong suggestion to find other employment.

When it comes to Ashlee, Brie is acting like a teen going out on her very first date. With a crush of her dreams. And for Ashlee to reveal so much of herself means she too is head over heels for Brie.

Sure hope their relationship doesn't cause problems for either woman.

Others have feelings too.