Aftermath 14

Printer-friendly version


AFTERMATH part 14

As I woke up. The beeping of the medical monitors, was all I heard. Opening my eyes I was in a hospital room. Iv's and oxygen where hooked to me. Along with the monitors. Flowers decorated a couple tables in the room. It all seemed the same old hospital room. The white board showed. My nurses, and Whitney Hart as my Dr. The date that was listed was strange. It read May 22, 2015.

“What the hell?” Last I saw it was 2022 or something like that. What was going on. I looked around for the call button. Pushing it once I found it.

I heard a beeping outside. Then what sounded like all hell broke out. It's room 741, Is she awake.

Just a few seconds later two nurses crashed through the door.

“Brie Anna, you are awake.” One said.

“Ah, yeah. I passed out then woke up here. What is going on?” I was able to get out in a horse tone. “Can I get some water?”

A third nurse came rushing in. “Dr. Hart is on her way.”

The first nurse, name tag saying Connie, Started, “How are you feeling? Do you remember who you are?”

“Of course, Colonel Brie Anna Lynn West. Pilot, US Air Force.” I said with confidence.

“Do you know where you are?” She continued.

“Obviously a hospital. I'm guessing at Herbert Field FL.”

“What do you remember happened to you last?”

“I was confused on what was going on. I was part of some cryogenic experiment. We were in a military bunker, trapped after the Yellowstone volcano erupted. I had just gone into the General's quarters. Then it some how changed to be my home on the gulf.”

“OK, Well let me do some checks while we wait for Dr. Hart.”

“Why won't you tell me what is going on?”

“We will let the Dr, tell you.” She said. As she checked the machines, my Iv's. The other two left.

“I order you to tell me.” I said firmly.

“I am sorry Col. But Medical regs supersede your orders. The Dr. will give you all the information you want. Everything is OK, all activity is back to normal.” Just as she was leaving. Whitney burst into the room.

“My god Brie. You are finally awake.” She exclaimed. She nodded to the nurse as she left.

“What happened to me? Whitney tell me. Please.”

Whitney sat on the edge of the bed. Taking my hand. “Brie you have been in a coma for almost 3 years.”

“What?” I creaked out.

“Don't you remember me and Cassie had brought the girls for a visit to your new house on the gulf. You started freaking out saying this was not right. You collapsed in Zoey's room. You had a brain aneurysm, luckily I was there, our you would have been dead. Your heart stopped. I was able to revive you.

We rushed you to the hospital. You have been out since. We had to operate to repair the aneurysm. You had the very best care, we flew in the best neurologist to do your surgery. He worked on you for over 5 hours.

I am just sitting here listening to Whitney tell me what happened.

“So it is really 2015?” I asked.

“Yeah,”

“And my dreams of being cryogenic frozen was just that dreams. I was never really Marcus West.”

“Brie, Don't you remember Marcus was your husband. He was killed in action 5 years ago.”

A slight knock on my door. Cassie poked her head in, “Is she ready for some company?”

“I guess.” Whitney agreed.

The door burst open, a girl came running to my bed. “Mommy” It was Zoey.

“Zoey?” I said I was taken aback for a moment the recognized my own daughter as she grabbed me in a hug. Embracing her I just held her. I was so happy. My girl has grown up, in the time I was out.

Taking Whitney's place, “Aunt Whitney called Aunt Cassie. She picked me and Susie up on her way over.”

“Hi, Aunt Brie.” Susie said.

“Mom, I have been so scared. I would visit you everyday. Praying that you would wake up. I lost my daddy I didn't want to loose you too.” She started crying.

Cassie and Susie gave me hugs as well. “Don't worry, Zoey has stayed with me,Steven, and Susan. We just closed up your house.”

“Yeah, Mom. I have checked it at least once a week. I kept the yard taken care of.”

“Uncle Steven and Aunt Cassie took care of the trucks. Put them in the garage and properly stored them.

“They should be good to go as soon as Whitney gives you a pardon and able to escape.”

I giggled a little. My mouth still dry.

“Well the hard part is over. Now to get you up and going. Then we will see about maybe parole. If you are good.”

“I'm always good.” I added.

“We've known you for how long, We both know that is a crock o crap.” Cassie laughed.

Zoey stayed for about 2 hours. She told me that she visited me everyday. Talked to me, held my hand. Telling me how her day was.

“Mom, After Aunt Whitney told me what happened. I got in contact with the people at Ultimate Adventure.”

“OH, about what,Honey.”

“I told them what happened. They said they will have a spot for us as soon as you recover. So we are still going on our trip.”

“Zoey, that is fantastic news. Now I just need to get sprung from here.”

“Mom, you just need to get better then we'll talk about the trip.”

Smiling, “yeah, Honey. You are right.”

We talked for a bit longer. Until Zoey got a text from Cassie saying she was here to pick her up.

“Mom, thank god you are back. Everyday I prayed that you would wake up. Know you have.” She kissed my forehead, and gave me a hug. “I will be back tomorrow. I love you, Mom.”

“I'll be sprung soon. I love you too.”

She left, just as they were Bringing dinner. The nurse delivered my meal. “Dr. Hart said you can start with a liquid diet being you haven't had any solid food in a long time.”

“I gotta start some where. What no coffee?”

“Sorry, Dr orders. The acid in the coffee may upset your stomach.”

“Just remind me to kill her when I see her next.” I teased. As she knew all to well I loved my coffee.

In a cheerful tone, “I'll make a note. I'll be back to see how everything is going.”

She left me to my soup and jell-o. The Jell-o tasted good and soothing on my dry throat. It seemed that everything was fine. No stomach pain. Same with the soup. As they say hit the spot.

I was only able to finish a little over half my soup. My stomach must have shrunk some. Pushing the table away. I worked at moving my legs. I had massage things on my legs that move up and down to help with keeping my blood circulating. They seemed to move fairly easily.

The nurse came back to check on me. “Twice a day physical therapy comes in and moves your extremities. To keep them limber. We'll see if the Dr adds some walking to the regiment.”

“Hope so sooner I am up and moving then I can escape.” I smiled.

“It maybe more than that but that is up to your medical team. I just work here.”

“Thanks,”

“You bet.” She left with my tray.”

Well lets see what is happening in the world, I thought as I turned on the TV. Channel surfing, with nothing interesting to watch. I turned on the radio. After finding a good station. I lay back concentrating on moving my limbs. Mostly my legs and arms did as I asked them too. A few moments of hell no I'm not going to do that but eventually worked.

Whitney came in just after Sun down. To check on me.

“Hey warden when is my parole hearing? So I can get out of this chicken shit outfit.”

“Funny, Brie.” She started. “Notes say that you have been moving your limbs.”

“I got to get them working if I am going to make a run for it.”

“Are they?” She asked.

“I seems that everything is working as it should. Strength maybe another story. So far so good.”

“As soon as we get you walking, We can get you off the remote control potty.” She indicated my catheter.

“Now get some rest. We will start tomorrow seeing about getting you out of her.” Whitney said giving me a hug.

“Thanks Whitney. I owe you.”

“Just make it in small used bills, nothing bigger than a twenty.” She smiled as she left.

Calling after her, “Put it on my tab.”

I continued working my limbs late into the night. It was past midnight when I finally stopped and fell a sleep. It was a fitful sleep. I could barely sleep. I think the longest was maybe an hour. Once 5:30 rolled I just stayed up. First seeing what the morning brought for TV. I watched the morning news. Then switched to the radio. Finally found some music instead of the morning yak.

At 6 the nurses changed shifts. I seemed to be the biggest news. Coming out of a 3 year coma. It seemed that everybody wanted to see me. My nurse finally opened the curtains revealing a beautiful sunny day in Florida.

About 7:30 they brought breakfast. Liquid again, and still no coffee.

“What still no coffee?” I teased the nurse. “you do know that this cruel and unusual punishment.”

“Sorry, Col. Dr. Harts orders.”

“Oh, that is right I have to kill her for no coffee, Now twice.”

“Excuse me, Col?” the nurse looked concerned.

“Sorry, I have know Dr. Hart for years. She knows I love coffee. So, I am going to kill her for keeping it away from me.” I giggled a little.

Oh, OK” She left.

I ate or more precisely drank my breakfast. Again not all of it. My stomach still got full fast.

Again pushing away the table I began work on my limbs. I worked my legs and arms. They were starting to loosen up. My core was another story. Sitting up to touch my toes. Was an experience in unto itself. I had to claw my way to my toes. My spin sounding like popcorn. Snap, crackle and pop have nothing on my back. Leaning back I had to reverse the process.

But I continued, until I could do it with out pulling myself up and down. Then came he twisting. I kept popping my back with every twist, it was so tight.

At 9 am Whitney came in. My back popped just as she opened the door.

POP, “Ahhhhh” I said.

“Brie, what are you doing?”

“right now cracking my back.” I commented as I twisted the other way. POP my back went again.

“You do know that you should have waited for the people from physical therapy.”

“Why? I can do everything myself again.”

“Well you can, however they know how to do it properly without hurting yourself.”

“No pain no gain” I answered in my best Arnold voice.

“What am I going to do with you? You'll be the death of me.”

“Speaking of that. I need to kill you.”

“Why?”

“No coffee. That is why? How can I get better without my daily cuppa joe.”

“Thanks Brie. My tombstone will read killed for denying coffee.”

“OK, I'll make note of that.”

“Now back to the professional side. How are you doing?”

“As good as can be expected without coffee.” I teased.

Of course, she rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Can I put her back in a coma? Please.” looking up.

“Joking aside, for now. Doing pretty well getting everything moving, my arms and legs are moving freer. I can even touch my toes, barely. Can't put my tits on my thighs yet.”

“I thought you said joking aside.”

“You know me, I am just being normal.”

“That is what worries me.”

I just stuck my tongue out at her. “Nah”

“OK,” Whitney pulled back the covers on me. She moved my legs. “Seems to be moving.” Placing her hand on the bottom, “Push against me.” she pushed my leg up. I resisted. “Good, now this one.”

I resisted just about all.

“Good a little weak on the upper end. But that is just you.”

“Yeah, the accident where my parents and little brother were killed. Did a job on me. That leg was never the same. But not bad enough to keep me grounded.”

“Oh, While you were out. I was placed as flight surgeon. So I get to make sure you are fit for the sky's.”

“Swell,”

Whitney checked my arms and core. She said everything was looking good.

“Do you think you can get your happy ass on your feet?”

“Sure, can I get the pee remote control taken out?”

“Well I guess. I had thought to leave it in so you had trouble escaping. Kind of hard running carrying a bag of pee with a tube up your Uh hum”

“I guess you are right. Can I get it taken out if I pinky swear I will be a good girl?”

Sticking out her little finger which I hook mine with. “You swear to be good.” She said.

“I swear.” I answered.

“OK, let me put in the order.” Whitney left.

About ten minutes later a nurse came in. “Ready to be a big girl and use the potty.”

“You've been talking to Dr. Hart haven't you. Yeah. I want to be a big girl.”

“How'd you guess.” She gloved up. Pulled back the sheet and lifted my gown.

“God, I look European.” Seeing my pussy hair so long. “Would you happen to have a hedge trimmer?”

“Fresh out. I can get you some scissors later.”

I felt the strange sensation in my crotch, As she took the catheter.

“That would be great. Thanks.”

“Let me take care of this and I'll come back and see if we can get you on your feet.”

“Sounds great.”

The nurse returned with another. “Well let's get these things off.” Referring to the massage things on my legs.


All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

okaay, so if she's back in

okaay, so if she's back in the real world what made her dream she was her husband in a cryogenic experiment.

You still have me guessing......

D. Eden's picture

As to where this is going. Totally no idea - and that is an accomplishment!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Say what?

Rose's picture

Say what?

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

Hmmmm I have no idea

Samantha Heart's picture

What is the real world & whats not. I am loving this story.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Okaaayyy...

Jamie Lee's picture

And are we back in the real world or in another dream? If it's the real real world then that brain aneurism would have played with Brie's brain, causing the funny reality.

Even though Whitney confirmed the year, Brie still could be experiencing another funny time.

Others have feelings too.