The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 5

Printer-friendly version

“Here, put this mask on. The smog outside is unbelievable today.” Nancy hands each member of Tammy’s team a mask.

“I didn’t know India suffered from smog.” Jessica puts the mask on.

“It’s not really smog, but the air is really bad this morning.” Nancy knew some people were affected by the particles in the air.

“Is it going to be like this all day?” Sophie hasn’t been in Katwa for a while.

“Nope, it should clear up by noontime.”

“Good.” Tammy looks over towards Sophie.

She motions for Sophie and Marshal Running Bear to come over to her. Tammy wanted to send them out to scout and look around for this group they came to question.

“Joseph and Sophie, I want you two to discreetly look around and see what you can learn about the group we are here to find.” Tammy figures her and the rest of the team could learn something from the locals.

“I think Jessica might be helpful with us looking around.” Sophie sends her thoughts over towards Jessica to see if she was listening.

Jessica was scanning the thoughts around her. When she picked up on Sophie’s thoughts. She glares at Sophie after she realizes she was broadcasting on purpose. She was trying to keep her mental abilities quiet.

Tammy looks at Sophie and then over towards Jessica and notices the look on Jessica’s face. She wonders why Jessica was glaring at Sophie. She watches as Jessica goes back to looking puzzled. She makes a mental note to ask her what was going on between her and Sophie.

“Alright, take Jessica with you as well.”

“Gotcha, you boss.” A cheshire smile appears on Sophie’s face.

The three of them head away from the group to see what they could discovered. Sophie mentally suggested to Jessica that she should scan anyone that looks suspicious. She knew how telepathy worked and how to direct her thoughts to someone who could read minds.

Marshal Running Bear looks over towards his two female companions. They haven’t said anything since Tammy suggested the three of them should work together.

“What’s on you girls mind?” Joseph looks at Sophie and Jessica.

“Where to start. I don’t think that members of this cult are going to be easy to find.” Sophie was keeping an eye out.

“Maybe, but I have a feeling they know we are here.” Jessica thought she spotted movement to their right.

“How, would be my question?”

“Either they have people watching us or they recognize Mr. Romano.” Sophie figures it’s the second one.

“You might be right. The contract was taken out against Paul Romano and his wife. Since his wife is still in the hospital. That leaves him and we brought him here.” Joseph was keeping an eye out for an attack.

Paul, Tammy, Marshal Bullock, Jerry, and David were working on a building. They were cutting wood and pouring a foundation for the building. Marshal Bullock and Paul were doing the cutting and hammering.

Tammy, Jerry, and David were working on another house. Tammy and David were keeping an eye out for any trouble. Tammy had received a video message from Stanley, informing her about a Jill Castro. He didn’t go into details on who she was but said that their protection job has become complicated. Personally, she doesn’t think they are going to go after the girls but might try killing Kat again.

David noticed that Tammy was a little distracted “watch you thinking about boss?”

“The message I received from Stanley. Their protection detail has become a little harder.”

“Oh? How has it become so complicated now?” David wonders what problems Stanley and the others were facing.

“It’s a long story. The bounty job they were on, took an unusual twist.”

“Damn and I’m here in India.” David wouldn’t mind being with Stanley and the rest of the group.

“Keep it up and I will send you home.”

“Yes, mother.” A smirk appears on Tammy’s face.

Jessica was walking by herself when she felt the presences of someone following her. She couldn’t identify or get a good feel of the person,
but they were watching her. She concentrates on Sophie “I think I have a tail, can you shadow me?”

“Yes!” Sophie hides in the shadows like she was taught and shadow Jessica.

Sophie spots a person following Jessica and keeping to the shadows, so they couldn’t be seen. She couldn’t tell who or what the person looked like. She slips one of her throwing knives into her hand and takes aim. She waits for the right time to throw her knife as she continues to follow the shadow tailing Jessica.

Just as she was about to throw the knife in her hand at the shadow, it disappears. She stops and look carefully for the person, but couldn’t see the person anywhere.

“Jessica, I don’t see your shadow anymore.” Sophie kept her gaze in the area.

“I’m not picking them up anymore.” Jessica stops and looks around her.

Whoever was following her, has disappeared. She locates where Sophie is and spots how close she was to her. She watches as Sophie comes walking from where she had been shadowing her.

“Does, Marshal Running Bear have someone following him?” Sophie was concerned about the Marshal.

Jessica closes her eyes and searches for the Marshal’s mind. It takes her a little while to find him, but she locates him.

“He’s fighting someone.” Jessica grabs Sophie’s hand and runs towards where Marshal Running Bear was fighting.

When Jessica and Sophie arrive where Marshal Running Bear was fighting. They spot him defending himself against a weather dark-skinned man. His head was completely bald and he looked like he was wearing rags for clothing.

Him and Marshal Running Bear each were wielding a knife in their hands. Marshal Running Bear looked like he had an old fashion bowie knife with a bone handle. The knife the other man held was a kukri.The blade looked like it has seen better days.

Marshal Running Bear watches the man that tried to ambush him. The man nearly got him with his blade. The man was fast and vicious. It was a good thing he brought his bowie with him.

The man tries lunging and bring his knife up to strike Running Bear, but misses. Running Bear delivers a hard right cross to the man’s face and slices the man with his bowie knife. He was about to deliver a death blow to the man but stops.

Jessica enters the man's mind and rips out any information dealing with their group and Mr. Romano. She gets a feeling that the group knew they were here. The man had attacked Running Bear hoping to kill him and take whatever he had.

Sophie looks around for a place to interrogate him. She spots some woods they could get him to talk.

“Bring him over here.” Sophie starts heading towards the area.

Running Bear picks the man up after disarming him. He takes the mans knife and tucks it in between his belt and pants. Running Bear follows Sophie into the woods. The next twenty minutes, Running Bear works the man over, using ancient torturing techniques from his tribe.

The man squeals like a pig from Running Bear interrogating him. Sophie records the information on her cellphone. Jessica helps compel the man to talk as well, by using her psychic talents.

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well... so much for the element

Samantha Heart's picture

Of stelth. The group.knows they are there so no use in hiding, but be on guard.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.