The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 3 (updated)

Printer-friendly version

The plane that they caught in London, England took them to Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport. Then they had to unload everything and reload it on the train they had to take to Katwa. By the time they arrived in Katwa, it was late in the evening. Tammy looked at everything they had and didn’t like the fact they had to leave it in a warehouse that Helping Hands had rented.

“Jerry, you and I are going to guard our equipment tonight. Why don’t the rest of you get some sleep?” Tammy looks at everyone as they stood nearby.

“It would be better if three of us guard everything.” Marshal Running Bear felt it would go easier on them.

“That’s fine. Why don’t the rest of you get some food and sleep.”

Paul looks at the strawberry blonde hair girl “Why don’t I stay instead, and you can send your man to the hotel we are staying in?”

“Because Mr. Romano, I know what a member of my team is capable of. Plus, you’re still concerned about your wife. Becky can set-up a link for you to talk with your family. Go and get some sleep, Mr. Romano.” Tammy motions for Sophie to come over to her.

Sophie saw Tammy motion for her to come over to her. She walks over to her “what’s up, oh fearless one.”

“I want you and David to keep an eye on Mr. Romano. If this group we are looking for, know he is here right now, they might try something.”
Tammy knew she would.

“You got it, boss.” Sophie walks over to David and pulls him aside.

Jessica was watching everyone. When she tried to read Tammy’s mind, it was like looking at several tactical situations at once. She found it hard to follow Tammy’s thought pattern. They move the equipment to the warehouse, and afterward, the rest of the group retired for the night.
Paul was sharing a room with Jerry. The Marshals shared a room and Jessica were sharing a room with Sophie. David, Becky, and Tammy shared a room together.

Jessica looks at Sophie as she changes clothes. She saw that Sophie had several tattoos that decorated her body.

“Sophie, what do all those tattoos you have stand for?” Jessica was fascinated with them.

“Well, this one is my clan membership. It means I am a member of a gypsy clan. This Roman wolf with blood dripping from its mouth, means I
am a warrior. It represents my father’s family origins. The harlequin mask tattoo means I’m an entertainer. The fairy sitting on the crescent moon means I’m playful. However, the one I am really proud of is the Phoenix rising from the flames that cover my back and shoulder. I was caught in a circus tent that was ablaze trying to rescue a member of my circus troupe. The owner of the circus said I looked like a Phoenix rising from the flames, carrying the person I went to save. He said the flames just moved out of my way as I walked out of the fire.”

Jessica’s other ability showed her the event as if she was there watching. She could see the flames moving out of the way of a young red hair girl. She had heard of people who could control elements, but the trait was extremely rare. There was one person on the island she came from that could control the wind. But when her teachers learned what the boy could do. He was whisked away from the island.

“Are you alright, Jessica?” Sophie was snapping her fingers in front of Jessica’s face.

Jessica shakes her head and looks at Sophie. She couldn’t believe that one of her abilities had surfaced.

“I’m sorry, Sophie. I kind of spaced out on you. You must have triggered something I had forgotten about.” Jessica hopes Sophie buys her excuse.

“That’s okay. My Uncle Albert spaces out after a few shots of whiskey my Uncle Jack sends him. You should really see him after he has a few shots of Jack Daniels.” Sophie makes a face and a low moaning sound of her Uncle Albert.

Jessica starts laughing after seeing the weird look on Sophie’s face. She recognizes a person who enjoys a good drink. She wishes she had stories like this to tell.

Tammy, Marshal Running Bear, and Jerry were at the warehouse they had their stuff in. Tammy was eating one of the MRE’s she keeps in her backpack. She knew Jerry was checking their gear. Marshal Running Bear was sitting across from her enjoying a beef stew MRE she gave him.

Marshal Running Bear looks over to Tammy and could tell she was in her early twenties. He takes a bite of his MRE “what made you want to get into this type of work, instead of working for a Law Enforcement agency?”

“Too many rules and regulations with a law enforcement agency. Also, too much paperwork. I hate paperwork.” Tammy had a smile on her face when she said that.

“No really, you seem to be highly trained and capable to pass any test an agency gives you. Why are you doing this, instead of working for law enforcement.” Running Bear watches Tammy.

“Too many regulations and rules. Plus, you have to deal with supervisors that are either jealous of what you can do or are afraid you are going to take their spot. Plus, I already have a team that is better than most law enforcement agency. Agencies like yours have to be careful they don’t cross a line. Where, being an independent security contractor, I can play in the gray area and do things that need to be done.” Tammy takes a bite of her stew.

“But isn’t that being a vigilante? Doesn’t that make you no more different, than the person you are going after?”

“Mr. Running Bear, if a man comes up and kills a few people. Then claims to be insane afterward to justify his actions. Does he deserve to live, after he killed innocent people?” Tammy watches him.

“There are certain mental disease and disorders that affect people and make them do things they shouldn’t. Does that mean they should die?”

“There are some I wouldn’t go that far with. However, there are certain people in society that don’t deserve to live. Especially, like the assassins that were sent to kill two innocent kids and their mother. The letter of the law says that a person like that deserves a fair trial and should be locked up. The spirit of the law says the person should be removed from the gene pool. That’s why lady justice is blindfolded. Sometimes you have to turn a blind eye to what needs to be done.” Tammy finishes her dinner.

“I hope you don’t turn into what you hate most.” Running Bear could see that this young lady will have a hard life.

“Me too, Mister Running Bear. I hope I never become what I hate most.” She watches as Jerry comes back.

“No problems so far.” Jerry sits down and heats up one of the MRE’s from his pack.

“For MRE’s these aren’t half bad.” Running Bear has had some in the past that didn’t taste as good as the one he had.

“These aren’t normal military style MRE’s. Chao’s security gets them from a company they own. They are more like gourmet meals.” Tammy had finished hers and decided to stretch her legs.

“Well, remind me to order a case or two when we get back to the states.” Joseph liked them and he knew a few other people on the reservation that might like them as well.

Paul’s and Jerry’s Room:
Becky looks over at Mr. Romano “I have the satellite link setup, Mr. Romano. You want to talk to your daughters.”

Becky had contacted Stanley and walked him through setting his wrist computer up with the communication gear at the safe house. Now, Paul could communicate with his daughters.

“Thank you, Becky.” Paul links his cellphone with Becky’s wrist computer.

Safe House, Knoxville, Tennessee:
Brittney and Terry watch as their father’s face appears on the big screen in the common area at the safehouse. They have been waiting for the past three days to hear from their father.

“Daddy, are you okay? Did you make it safely?” Brittney and Terry just watch their father’s image.

“Daddy, mom is doing okay. She has been moved to a safer room and there are guards posted by her door. The Knoxville police force is making sure no one gets to mom. “ Terry couldn’t believe the police chief that hated Kat, had gone all out to protect her.

“I’m fine, girls. How are you doing and how is your mother?” Paul was concerned about them and their mother.

“We’re doing fine dad. A big bounty has been sent our way, but our babysitters won’t let us go and capture the person.” Brittney was mad because it was a profitable bounty.

“Sweetie, you’re supposed to remain hidden until we capture the assassin.”

“I know daddy, but it’s a really profitable bounty and it’s for King at King’s bail bonds. He’s one of mom’s oldest clients.” Brittney met him off and on with her mother. She knew he really liked her mother.

Paul thinks about it for a second. He knew King always used them for the big bounties, because of good they were. ‘Brittney put Stanley on please.”

“Yes, Daddy.” Brittney leaves the screen and disappears for a few minutes.

Paul was torn about letting a bounty slip by them. They have a reputation of always chasing down their prey.

After five minutes, Stanley appears.

“Hello Mr. Romano, what can I do for you?” Stanley was curious about why Paul wanted to talk with him.

“Stanley, I need for you to allow my team and my girls handle this bounty. The client is an old friend of ours and he helped us out several times
when he didn’t need to. Kat would want this.”

Stanley sighs because he knew this was coming. He looks at Mr. Romano’s image “alright, I’ll allow this, but two of my people are going with your crew.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. Tell my girls I love them.”

“We can hear you, daddy.” Terry and Brittney appear back on screen.

“I should have known, you wouldn’t be far away. You two be careful and listen to your protectors.”

“We will daddy. We love you.”

“I love you too, sweetie.” Paul smiles as the connection he has ended.

He looks towards Becky and smiles at her.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, Mr. Romano.” Becky shuts her wrist computer down.

She heads towards her rental room to shower and get some sleep. She makes sure she charges her wrist computer. Before she heads into the bathroom.

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hope all goes well

Samantha Heart's picture

With the bounty & the opp for the assissin. I hope everyone goes hoe & goes home unscathed for the most part.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.