The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Paul looks at the Indian man as he swung back forth in front of him. The bastard at first didn’t want to answer his question but a few right crosses and a hammer to his misshapen toes. The bastard started talking, but it was in his native language, and Paul didn’t know it. So, he recorded it to take by a person he knew that he trusted.

His kids had been concerned when he hadn’t come home and blew his phone up. He just looks at the Indian bastard.

“You know there are other ways to make a person talk, instead of beating the crap out of them.” Paul turns around quickly when he heard the voice.

He was surprised to see Mr. Bounty standing there. He couldn’t believe he was here “what brings you here?”

“I received a phone call from your oldest daughter. She told me what happened, so I came in person to tell you this. My daughter Gina is sending one of our teams in training to help you. They will be split up to protect your family while you are gone, and the others will go with you to track down this group that tried to kill your wife and children. I don’t know who they are, but I have my suspicions.” Jack was looking at the Indian man hanging from the ceiling.

“Who do you think it might be? I don’t understand the language this one spoke.” Paul punches Rayshon Laghari in the face.

Jack just smirks as he watches Paul punch the guy. Oh, how he misses interrogating people. “A group that goes by the name of Thuggees. They are a group of assassins that worship Kali and sometimes they bring their victims back to act as sacrifices to her.”

“Do you know where they operate out of?” Paul wants to destroy these people.

“They operate out of Katwa .”

“Are you coming along with me or is your team going to handle this?” Paul wonders why Mr. Bounty was here.

“I can’t come with you. I have another problem on my hands, that I must handle. However, the team that is going with you are very good and
well trained. Here are their file and the cover you will be using when you go to Katwa.” Jack hands over a thumb drive that had a brief description of each team member.

Paul accepts it and looks at Jack “how did you find me?”

A smirk appears on Jack’s face “I have eyes in the sky, and I did my research about you and your company. I know this building we are in belongs to a friend of yours, that allows you to store your things here. Plus, I have resources in most cities.”

Paul just shakes his head and wonders how long Mr. Bounty has been at this game. He looks toward Rayshon Laghari and wonders what he should do about him.

“Leave him to me. The lions and hyenas at the zoo will enjoy some fresh meat.” Jack walks over and slices his main artery swiftly and cleanly
Rayshon bleeds to death. Once Jack was satisfied, he was dead. He takes a cellphone out of his suit pocket and dials a number.

“I need a table for one, at Leo’s. Yes, right away if you can handle the reservation.” Afterward, Jack ends the call.

“Who was that?” Paul was curious.

“My cleanup crew.” Jack checks his watch.

Fifteen minutes later, two people show up. One was a young oriental woman and the other was a young African American man. The woman walks up to Jack and he slips her a black card. She runs it through her square device on her cellphone and hands it back to Jack.

“Come on, let’s go.” Jack looks towards Paul.

When they are of hearing range “those are your cleaners?”

“For this area, yes. They clean up areas were people like me, have made a mess.” Jack walks outside to a non-descript car.

“Go home, Paul.”

Paul looks at Jack “thanks for helping me and Kat.”

“You’re family now. Your crew, my daughters and niece have spilled blood together. That makes you family.” Jack climbs into his car and heads
back to the airfield.

Paul watches as Jack drives off. He walks over to Kat’s pick-up truck and drives back to the hospital to check on his wife. He’ll talk with Brittney later and look at the information Jack gave him.

Just as he pulls into the parking lot of the hospital, his cellphone rings. He looks at the number and notices it was Casey’s number.

“Hello Casey, what can I do for you?”

Casey takes a sip of her tea before speaking “Hey Paul, I have some bad news for you. Whoever put a contract out on your family, I can’t find anyone that knows anything about it. All I do know is that the contract was picked up by a group of assassins from India. A group I haven’t heard about before.”

Casey hadn’t ever heard about the group or who held the contract. She got in touch with every person she knew and dealt with.

“Damn! I was hoping you might have more information.” Paul already knew who was trying to kill him, but who put the contract out on his family.

“Alright, thanks, Casey. Your debt to me has been paid.” Paul hated losing that debt. Casey was a good assassin.

“Look, since I couldn’t get you what you wanted. I still owe you, alright?” Casey felt Paul shouldn’t cancel her debt to him.

“Thanks, Casey.” Paul ends the call.

As he was walking towards the door, his phone rings again and notices it was Dominic’s number. He accepts the call “Hello, Dominic. Let me guess you couldn’t find out who put the contract out on my family?”

“Yeah, all I could find out is that the group that has the contract is out of India. Whoever contracted them, is unknown. All I know is, if you want to find this person, they are in India. The group that took the contract doesn’t take contracts from outside of India.” Dominic couldn’t believe that the group didn’t normally operate outside of India.

“Thanks, Dominic. Your debt is paid.”

“Hey, if you ever need me to help you out. Count it as an addition to the favor.” Dominic knew Paul wouldn’t waste his gift.

“Thanks, Dominic.” Paul ends the call.

He heads inside to check on Kat and her big sister.

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Proper interrogation of evil bad guys

0.25tspgirl's picture

Paul needed help from wolfjess Lyssa Courdenay to properly interrogate his Thugee.

BAK 0.25tspgirl

I was just thinking that.

WillowD's picture

I just re-read the entire series a month or two ago, or you comment above would have me reading at least part of it again.

Language barrier

don't forget, a trigger had been placed into the thugee mind to make him talk. The problem, however was the trigger didn't say what language he was supposed to respond back in. Since, he only spoke the Hindustani language. Even The Librarian had a problem understanding his language.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

We know ONE THING

Samantha Heart's picture

For sure thanks to Jack Bounty we know the name of the group & where they are and that they worship Kalie so that makes them VERY dangerous. What we DON'T KNOW is WHO & WHY the contract was put out for Paul & his family.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

A mystery

Jamie Lee's picture

They don't take contracts from outside of India, so who within India wanted Paul and his family dead? It's a mystery who and why, but they will soon learn it was a mistake.

Others have feelings too.