All Fall Down

Printer-friendly version

All Fall Down

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. As always I write this for your enjoyment. A comment at the end would be greatly appreciated. Hugs Mary Beth.

101 (6).jpg

Synopsis:

You’re dangling one story up, trapped by tons of concrete and the rescue units tell the chief it’s a week at least before you can be freed. Just as it seems completely hopeless a woman lifts a baby nursing a bottle from a stroller to change her diapers. It’s then, at that very moment that the two women charged with saving you smile.

Players:

Robert Jennings, Bob, owner.....; Maggie, Bob’s wife; Jack Baker, Bob’s Supervisor; Tanner, Bob’s Foreman; Matt Roberts, Apprentice

Story

Robert Jennings, Bob to most of his friends, was a self-made man in the construction business. In spite of the years he could still outwork most of the young men he hired. He was huge and walked in from the patio leaving the patio door open for another beer as the last of a very cold one trickled down his throat.

He moved casually towards the wet bar and the ringing phone just as the Special Bulletin strip began to flash and dance across the silent screen of his television. He didn’t utter a sound as he recognized the site he was seeing. There was no doubt it was his building being shown.

His chest felt suddenly cold, tight, the warmth of the day slipped instantly away. That strip whatever it was saying highlighted the scene showing the new Carter building, now collapsed, still shrouded in dust. When he had left the construction site Friday they'd reached the third floor and had started the fourth.

Bob felt his stomach tighten as he sat the empty bottle down on the table. He stood frozen in place, unable to believe what he was seeing. It looked like the second and third floor had fallen down onto the first floor right where the escalators would be installed.

"Jesus," Bob whispered glued to the television while still moving sideways to pick up the phone.

“Hello," Bob answered in a shallow soft voice not willing to talk and about to hang up on whoever it was calling. He was growing sick to his stomach.

"Do you have the TV on," Jack yelled from the other end.

"I'm watching it right now," Bob said realizing it was his Supervisor as his wife walked in from the kitchen. She was wiping her hands on a dish towel. Curiosity was on her face. She was about to ask who was on the phone till she saw her husband's face. It had drained of color.

Maggie had rarely seen her husband blanche like that, and his fear instantly made her afraid even without knowing why. Bob was a rock and for him to show that kind of fear.... He was looking at the TV. Maggie turned to look at what he was looking at. She took a step back as she realized what she was looking at.

"Jack, cut to the chase.... Right now it’s not about the building! Just tell me, did we have anyone working there today," Bob asked moving to the desk where his opened briefcase sat.

"Yes," Jack said before saying anything else.

"God no, please, don't tell me that," Bob said in a lowered voice causing his wife to bring the towel to her mouth with her hands as Bob added, "who? Who was it? Where was he? What do we know?"

"I just got off the phone with Tanner, our Foreman. Tanner brought in a kid named Matt. Matt Roberts. He was widening a hole for a conduit about four feet to the right of that left beam where the first escalator would have gone." Jack said.

“Those damn escalators,” Bob whispered.

Exactly,” Jack said and added, "and before you ask, "yes, he was actually in the building when it came down. Foreman says he was on a ladder in the hole working because Tanner had just climbed in and back out to check on him."

"Do you know if he might have made it out of there," Bob asked.

"Not a chance Bob. Seriously, doesn't look good. Foremen did. He was just at the gate when the building went down. Tanner puts the kid, best, guess right under the collapse," Jack said.

"Shit," Bob said and then added, "okay, well, until we know for a fact, let's work on the hope he's still okay and just trapped. I mean that Jack. Spare no effort. I want to round up everyone that's going to matter and get them into it ASAP. I'm heading there now!”

“You got it,” Jack said.

“Jack, I’m not kidding on this! I want it all. I want everything and everyone! I mean everyone. Anyone talking to the family yet?"

"No one so far. I can start that right now," Jack said and added, "I'm in my truck heading to the site as we speak. I've already got Alice calling in the equipment operators. I’ve got five semi drivers in their cars on the way to the yard and two yard birds heading there to start warming up the heavy’s. I'll get the equipment moving within half an hour. We can be ready as soon as the engineers gives us a green light."

"Meet you there," Bob said hanging up his phone and turning to his wife as he added, "that's our building and we've got one worker, a kid in it when it collapsed. No chance in hell he made it out of there when it came down. At least it's not looking good, but still... if there is even the smallest chance.... Anyway, I'm going down there now to see what we can do about it."

Bob's wife nodded in silence at first. There was nothing she could add. She moved closer to touch his arm. She knew he would be taking this personally.

“Go,” Maggie said.

Bob kissed his wife, grabbed his jacket and keys and headed for his car. Bob’s secretary was already on the phone with Jack’s. Jack's secretary Alice started calling in the workers that Jack wanted in. She was also instructed to call the board of directors and staff to head for the office.

Jack was already heading for the site. Four network news helicopters were taking up positions overhead as Bob drove up. Six satellite trucks were already setting down levelers and raising their dishes to start searching for network signals as the first cadaver dog was getting leashed and it's footpads laced on. When the call went out that a building had collapsed they had been practicing five miles north as part of a demonstration

Distant sirens came from more fire and ambulance as trucks were still rolling in when Jack arrived. A police officer still unrolling yellow tape across the road stopped to allow him in after asking who he was. The building was still crumbling in parts and sending up shooting columns of dust. Off to the right a broken main was spraying water in a high arch. Cars were parking and people were starting to gather with cell phones as more police began putting up additional barricades and tape while redirecting traffic.

Within the rubble there was occasional movement as dust was sent into the air. It wasn’t from people but from rubble settling. Large and small pieces of concrete tumbled. A fireman parked his car, opened his trunk and pulled his helmet on first as he pulled on his heavy turnout matted with the large letters Battalion Chief across the back before walking towards the Fire Chief.

Outside speakers in the grill of his car blared as the telltale squawk of synchronized emergency announcements of fire and rescue units all on the same frequency positioned themselves for whatever followed. Electrical service trucks on call to the fire department arrived followed by their counter part in gas service units, as well as the city's sewer and lights. Those trucks parked just inside a barrier tape being stretched across a road. All of the technicians on duty that day started walking towards the Fire Chief.

A loud voice boomed over the air. It was his voice going into a microphone connected to a portable unit he carried: "Station Seven, Engine Four, move South Side and give me two three inch feeds to twelve feet. Station One, Engine Three, with Pump One on the Hydrant. Rescue Six position also on the south side for a triage tent. Wait instructions from the Chief."

Units acknowledged: “Stations Seven”. “Engine Four.” Station One.” Engine Three.” Rescue six pulled left of Engine three and moved to a curb giving her access to what might have been the entrance at one time as Helen slowed and stopped.

"Rescue Six," Helen said keying her mike as she moved her rescue unit slowly in behind the pump that had just stopped to hook up and drag a line.

“EMT unit behind Rescue Six,” Fire Chief Becker ordered.

The chief had directed Helen and a station ambulance side by side as he walked over. Helen climbed out, closed the door and turned towards the Chief.

"We may not need you. Tell you the truth we don't know yet? Not sure how many were in there. Place was pretty empty thank God. Might have one but it could be more. We’ve got noise but the building is still tumbling. We've got one soul logged in according to security. No status,” Chief Becker said.

“So you still want a Triage Tent,” Helen asked.

“You know what, hold on the triage tent till we know more. Got a cadaver dog getting leashed now so stand by with the EMT's for a recovery if possible. City Morgue is on their way," Chief Becker said as he turned to direct a pumper hose getting laid to hook to a hydrant.

"Understood," Helen said as the chief broke off his talk with her and started waving at another trunk coming in while talking into his radio.

"Station Seven, Engine Four, Station One, Engine Three setup on the east side with two inch and a half's.", the chief said before adding, "and give me your ladder height pointing down at the middle in case we get gas ignition. I want three men in mask and tanks just in case"

"Station Seven, Roger," A voice said over the speaker.

Rescue Six positioned themselves on instructions from the Chief by radio as each rolled in. Two squad cars set up a perimeter to keep the press and onlookers outside the rescue area as the Chief waited to hear from the cadaver team. Two three inch hoses were getting tugged off a truck and another ladder truck was just pulling in. A hundred feet away a large ladder rose in the air with a huge remote red nozzle pointing down over the rubble.

City services found the feed to the main that would shut the water to the building risers. They asked the chief if it was okay to kill the water to the building to shut the geyser. Chief Becker said yes and a moment later the forty foot spray quickly shrank to nothing.

Someone with a megaphone yelled, "quiet".

It was the rescue team now standing on a slab with a second team member on his hands and knees hanging over the edge looking down. They had pulled the dog back about twenty feet and given him the command to stay. The dog was laying at his trainers' feet calmly waiting for the next command. He'd been trained not to bark with a hand wave.

It was pitch black with the only sounds the echo of water dripping nearby. Overhead the helicopters monitoring a set frequency had all pulled back two miles. All the trucks in the area shut their engines and pumps on command.

Matt meanwhile was still gasping for air, Coughed. He spit and coughed again trying to clear his throat of dust. He was mostly successful but his nose was still running from an allergic reaction to the choking fine dust.

Matt made an attempt to move down and out at the same time feeling with his shoe for his ladder. Try as he might to move up or down he couldn’t. Something near his side stabbed him painfully and he stopped. There wasn’t enough room to get a hand down to feel what it was stabbing him. Overhead he could touch cold concrete within half an arms length. Before the noise and horrific sounds of the building crashing down around him there had been sunlight.

Below Matt had been his ladder. Now his legs swung free and while it felt as if it was wide enough to slip out, that sharp object prevented him from going down any further. Matt couldn’t get his hands down past his waist. Concrete above prevented his climbing up. Matt couldn't go up or down. For all intents and purposes he was trapped. That’s when he paused, took a breath to calm himself and started to yell.

"Hello," Matt yelled at the top of his voice. He reasoned that yelling for help was somehow inappropriate.

Off in the distance Matt heard a loudspeaker call out for silence and a radio nearby blared to redirect the helicopters overhead to fly off two miles. Somewhere a loud speaker called for radio silence. A moment later you could almost hear a pin drop.

"Hello," Matt yelled again.

“Hey! Are you Matt,” A voice yelled back.

“Yes,” Matt answered.

"Hey buddy... can you hear us okay," A voice cried out.

"I can hear you," Matt yelled.

"What's your full name son," the voice asked.

"Matt," Matt said and then added, "I mean it’s Matt Roberts."

"Matt, are you hurt," the voice asked.

"I don't know? Maybe, a little, It's my side. I'm not sure. If I am I don't think it's very bad," Matt said, and added, "it's really dark? I can't see anything. I can't move much. Something happened. I was working. Something is keeping me from moving. Can you see me?"

"I can't see you Matt, not yet son, but soon," the voice said.

"Can you tell me what happened," Matt said.

"I can't tell you that either Matt. Give me a little time here to see if I can get to you and then we'll know more, okay," the voice said and then added, “Matt, it’s going to be okay.”

Okay," Matt said.

"Matt, can you feel around yourself and tell me if you feel any cuts or wounds," the voice said and then added, "I'm Jessy by the way."

"Hi Jessy. I'm feeling around now. No, I can’t feel anything. So I don't think so. I mean no cuts or bad wounds. Not that I can feel. I've got some scratches, does that count," Matt asked.

"Just making sure you're okay for now," Jessy said and added, “do any of the cuts feel wet?”

"No," Matt said.

"Okay Matt, hang in there, we're going to see where you are and what's got you pinned down okay," the voice said.

"Okay Jessy," Matt said.

Jessy hurried off the rubble following an orange line painted on the concrete with a spray can. He made his way to the Fire chief.

There was a flurry of activity. A table was set up for the architectural firm and city engineers. Structural engineers were brought in by helicopter and within an hour Matt's approximate location was pinpointed and his survival was guessed at. Matt's boss Tanner, acting foreman stood with Jack, his Supervisor. He and Bob stood together as they allowed Tanner to explain to the engineer what it was Tanner was working on.

To give them a better visualization they had the architectural renderings showing the first floor of the office building with people going up and down the escalators. Tanner was highlighting the area when Matt was widening the opening. The twenty foot ladder would have been positioned there where the UP escalator would be.

Everyone looked at the drawings. There was a lot of good news. Structurally Matt was at the strongest part of the building. He was also standing or hanging within a hole. The hole itself would have allowed a two foot by one foot metal framing between concrete floors to pass through.

When the concrete was poured It was not wide enough by an inch and Matt was spending his Sunday at double pay to chip out that one inch of concrete. Matt was on a ladder using a hand held jack hammer chiseling through the one foot thick concrete on the first floor when the second floor and third floor came down.

The supports on either side of Matt were crushed down a foot but held the floor where he was working although some of the rebar had stretched and snapped. That same rebar, used to strengthen the concrete had broken and twisted in such a way that they were now acting as barbs similar to a fish hook. Those barbs were what poked at Matt when he tried coming out of the hole.

There was enough concrete on either side of Matt's head to hold the third floor from coming down completely saving him from being crushed against the second floor. He was now suspended within a hole with his legs dangling just above the ground floor that would have been the lobby. How long those columns would hold was anyone's guess but for now they were holding.

First issue was to fix the area however it could be fixed to keep it from collapsing further and killing Matt. The next two immediate issues, in order, was to get to Matt and assess his immediate injuries. Last of course was to get Matt out without further injuries. The plan came together from there.

Teams began working their way into the chamber where Matt was dangling. As that tunnel grew in size, large mechanical Jacks were brought in and were set on steel plates forming a supporting structure along this new path. The goal was to have a reinforced “cave” when they reached Matt.

As the engineers explained, with the help of the fireman, Matt was more or less dangling in the hole he'd been working on. They had clear access from the bottom where the lobby would have been from his waist down. Above that he was in that concrete hole with a slab above that which had once been the next floor. He had a little movement with his arms but only just.

One of the fireman using a flashlight and mirror finally found what was preventing Matt from coming out from the bottom. It was a piece of concrete with a stretched and torn piece of rebar now pressing firmly up against his chest. It had left a bad scratch but miraculously that was all.

Matt would have to go out from the top. If that was the way, the Fire Chief said with a nod, then that was the way! That rebar, looking at the small camera images, was too close to Matt to cut or melt.

Emergency Medical Technician or EMT for Helen and Paramedic Barbie began preparing one of Barbie's gurneys. They crammed it with what they thought they might need for whatever trauma Matt had suffered and then stood by outside their different rigs for the rescue team to give them the okay to go in.

The entry team worked through the night under emergency lighting assessing the buildings structure as they inched their way to Matt. The final engineering team’s assessment was made as the last jacks were set in place.

Brian Campbell of Capital Buildings had gone to Matt's house and picked up his mother and sister. They were pulling up to the site when the first breach of the large space was made by the first fire department team. That breach allowed Helen to be the first medical person to enter the chamber to climb the large sections of ladder set to finally reach Matt.

The world watched in silence with Helen’s heavy breathing the only sound as the helmet camera feed came back live while Helen climbed up far enough to reach Matt's dangling legs and shoes. They put the feed on a delay just in case there was something too gruesome they didn't want to go out to the public.

"Hey Matt," Helen said touching his lower calf for a reassuring touch and to get a sense of his body temperature as she dragged her medical bag up by the rope.

Helen came alongside and looked up so the light shined while she began moving some of the smaller debris away. Large and small blocks of concrete were being carried away on either side of Matt giving more space each time a piece was carried out. The ladder Matt had been using was the first thing that would need to be cut away as would a couple of the twisted rebar.

"I'm going to put my stethoscope on your back okay." Helen said and then added, "it's going to feel a little cold.

"Okay," Matt said.

Ten minutes later Helen finished her assessment and managed to back down the ladder and give the fireman a chance to go back in and start clearing out the chamber a little more where Matt dangled. Another team was using hammers and chisels around the walls to open the chamber to walk in and out of.

Meanwhile work lights were set up and a meal wagon was driven into position for the long term. Propane was lit off as teams started setting up for the effort to move tons of concrete by hand.

The entire tunnel was cleared on either side of the Jacks already set up and by morning Helen went in again. She did a better assessment now that she could stand on a platform. The down side was Matt was still dangling almost completely now. Helen did a full medical check with Barbie alongside jotting his vitals before they returned outside to make their report.

Both stood by the Chief as Helen, given the lead, read from their notes.

“He's got some scratches that I can see, but nothing serious showing. He's in a mild state of shock, but it's from the accident and not from any injury that I can find. He seems lucid and his vitals are solid although heart rate's high for obvious reasons,” Helen said and paused.

“I haven't started an IV drip and didn't give him anything yet till they get the area clear. I think I can get a tube in for a little water but for long term feeding, that's out," Helen said as she added, "I can get you more when I have time for more."

"Fair enough, as for time, we don’t know yet," the Chief said moving off to talk to the building engineers.

Helen moved back to her rig to give the fireman that were assembling into teams time to work. Bob's men were sitting up massive powered hydraulic jacks and lifts to come in and shore up more of the flooring. Their intent after some discussion was to build a mini platform around Matt using the first floor ground as the base with walk up metal stairs.

The chief stood over the table with the engineers.

"Shoring is going to be the first priority along with easing some of the tonnage around and above. We can get hydraulics around the floor, that part's pretty easy and the base is strong enough, and fairly straight forward. On top is another issue because we don't yet know what to cut. That's the one that's going to take the time," the lead engineer said showing everyone the drawing he was talking about.

"Give us your best guess," Bob Jennings asked.

"Six... maybe seven... could be as much as eight days. Eight at the most If everything holds! Those floors are a foot thick each and reinforced. Steel running this way and rebar reinforced concrete. We still don't know why they collapsed so there is that,” The first engineer said.

“That’s right. Now they are twisted and mixed with each other making it even harder to figure out. Some of it is still stable, some of it not, and we don't know which is which yet. We've got to go in one foot at a time from both ends of that collapse so there is some kind of balance. We can shore up each side as we go," the second engineer said.

"All right. So do what you've got to do and use what you need," Bob said.

Meanwhile the rescuers and engineers had built a platform up to Matt with a steel stair case that spiraled up. First impressions was of the Michelangelo Sistine Chapel scaffolding except it was made of metal. It was also odd seeing a body hanging from the middle of it Almost like a gallows except the upper torso disappeared.

"Matt, honey," Helen said after she was allowed back in and was now standing next to Matt.

The fireman had done a remarkable job clearing the space and building workable area. A half dozen long jacks were positioned around Matt and those had brought an additional bit of safety plus there was now heating and lights. Six hours had passed. A total of ten since the accident. Outside jack hammers continued chipping away at the concrete above.

Helen and Barbie had carried the gurney up and sat it up right under Matt. They made some adjustments so Matt could finally sit and started him on an IV drip immediately. They were told he could be trapped for days.

Barbie was also giving Matt a couple of small ice cubes that helped quince his thirst since they couldn't yet get a glass or any kind of tube or straw into the space above him yet. They had a space heater warming the area but it was still chilly from the night air and massive amounts of concrete.

They had managed to cap the rebar with a plastic safety cap and put folded piece of gauze when it pressed against his chest. They had also cut up a blanket and covered the concrete where it rubbed against his back and around his arms. Now that he was sitting the pressure o his back had been taken off so his heart rate was coming down. Matt’s first day was coming up as the Sun did.

Helen and Barbie were sitting out in the sunlight as morning was breaking talking about the long term care. They had cut his pants and shorts off and put salve over his rash after he had urinated during the buildings collapse. They had washed him clean but he was sensitive to the acidity of the urine and the rash came on quickly. Solid food was out because of a risk of choking. There was no way to treat him should he start to choke on a piece of food. There was also the risk of more rash.

Barbie suggested a catheter and asked Matt if he had any known allergies. Another piece of bad news came then.

"Polyacrylate," Matt said to Helen when she had proposed inserting a catheter for Matt so they could strap a bag to his leg to help him urinate.

Matt had said no to the catheter and then explained it began last Summer while working at a chemical plant that made garden hoses. Matt got the allergy while working on the injector line from the raw pellets used.

He had developed a sensitivity to Polyacrylate within a few weeks. Polyacrylate was one of the chemicals also used in manufacturing catheters which of course immediately ruled out the possibility of hooking Matt to a bag to collect his urine.

“Too bad,” Helen said.

“I know,” Barbie said and added, “which rules out option number two.”

As it happens Matt was actually allergic to Sodium Polyacrylate or more specifically polyelectrolyte. That allergic reaction to polyelectrolyte was what ruled out disposable diapers as well since the filling used to absorb water in disposable diapers was made up mostly of Sodium Polyacrylate.

Matt only knew this because he had to be careful around things that used it to absorb moisture. He found this out he said handling a small packet of the stuff in a pill bottle when he took a couple of aspirin and blew up like a balloon when he removed the small packet.

“Damn it,” Helen said as she added, “he’s starving up there and dying of thirst and we’re down here eating.”

"We're getting blocked from all sides," Barbie said as she nibbled at her sandwich alongside of Helen. They were sitting by their trucks. It was warming up outside. They had finally gotten a narrow long rubber tube to Matt's mouth for water so that had solved the immediate crisis but there was still the issue of feeding him over the span of days.

"Tell me about it," Helen added in frustration as she added, "if we don't start coming up with something we’re going to run into trouble with his long term care"

"What's happening with that rebar in front of his face," Barbie asked with concern in her voice

"Can't get any kind of cutter in. No room and a torch is too close to his face," Helen said before adding. They don't even know when they can start moving that big stuff out of the way yet."

Both went silent and slowly continued eating their lunch. It was tasteless considering they were going to start losing the young man trapped in the building if they didn't come up with a solution very soon. Helen was starring off into space when she glanced over at a mother just lifting a child from a baby carriage across the way.

At first Helen focused on how lucky the mother was. Then she began watching the mother caring for the child she had taken from the carriage. There was a diaper bag sitting alongside the mother also taken from the carriage. Cloth diapers Helen noted.

"Hey," Helen said watching the mother undoing the onesie she had the baby dressed in. What had caught her eye was the fact she had laid an old fashion cloth diaper and pair of snap on plastic pants next to the baby before she began to change her.

"What," Barbie asked.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing," Helen said.

“What am I looking at,” Barbie asked.

“Over there,” Helen said.

“Where,” Barbie asked.

“There,” Helen said pointing.

Barbie followed Helen’s finger.

"The mother and child? Yes? What about them," Barbie said, paused. She suddenly got it as she added, "yes! Damn! Oh, hell yes! Why didn't we think of that before! Cloth diapers! Cloth diapers, and good old fashion plastic vinyl baby pants, VINYL! Hell, even a baby bottle with rubber nipples! That's it. Why didn’t we think of this before? He's a baby!"

“Pre Sodium Polyacrylate days as well. I’ll bet you dollars to donuts if we look hard enough we can find baby pants even made of plasticized rayon.” Helen said.

“Gerber,” Barber said and

“Or at least something non allergenic,” Barbie said then added, “even rubber panties.”

"It's been looking at us in the face the whole time," Helen said and added, "it's so damn simple."

"Oh my God! Helen, you're right! He's nothing more than an old fashioned baby," Barbie said and added, "just a little bit bigger than the one there on the bench.

"Exactly," Helen noted and added, "and he’s right out of the 1950's baby play book.

Both women laughed.

They wrapped their unfinished sandwiches in the papers they come in and tossed what was left into their bags as they rushed into the chamber. They had already managed to move a narrow gurney under Matt to relieve some of the pressure off his arms so he could actually sit as they rushed up and stood along side.

They had been changing the sheets right after he would soil which was a kind of workable solution, but definitely not the best solution and he was still slowly starving to death. They did a quick assessment made some measurements and a couple of sketches and agreed it would work. They didn't tell Matt what they planned but did say they would be back.

A baby's vintage glass bottle would easily fit into the narrow opening and could tip up or go in at the 45 degrees it would need, and they could easily bring it to his mouth. Helen did the math as Barbie got on the phone with a nutritionist at the local hospital who said they would work on a formula they could put into a solution to pass through a baby bottle nipple.

It took that morning to find a collector willing to give up a collection of glass baby bottles with several tops and rubber nipples to fit. That collector got the address and promised to meet them at the site. He was also going to bring some of the boiling aids a brushes that mothers once used to clean baby bottles.

Helen and Barbie then sat with the Fire Chief and told him what they planned. He shuddered at the notion of what that young man was about to go through but it would be saving his life. The Fire Chief gave them the go ahead.

The ladies had three stops to make as they jumped into the ambulance and eased up to the first barrier as the police officer waved them through: The first stop was to the health food store who promised to fix at least three days worth of meals based on the nutritionist formula that would get mixed and pureed into a fine mix to flow through a slightly enlarged baby bottle nipple.

That nutritionist said she would flavor them for the time of day. Bacon flavor for breakfast, American Cheese for lunch and a mild taco mix for dinner. She would mix other flavors into jars for more days as she worked on Matt’s formula.

After the health food store stopover they headed for the pharmacy for additional baby accessories and finally that last stop at the Cuddles Diaper Service. The manager promised enough diapers and vintage snap on plastic pants to keep Matt dry till he could wiggle free of his concrete prison. The vintage plastic pants had been buried in storage and some were still brand new when he found them.

“Circa 1956 when bed wetting was treated directly with diapers and plastic pants regardless of age,” the manager said handing Helen the package he had put together before adding, “you wet a bed like a baby in those days you went to bed like a baby.”

Barbie and Helen looked at each other and wondered out loud if that manager had spoken from first hand experience on the drive back. Their guess was he had. It was the way that manager caressed the baby pants. In any event they had everything they needed to care for a baby Matt’s size in 1956.

That pharmacy stop also provided them with a box of latex gloves, baby wipes, baby lotion, baby powder and diaper ointment. When they got back they had three firemen rig a partition with pitons and canvas so the gurney Matt sat on was protected and private. Behind the tarp another gurney was brought it, stripped of the mattress to the fiberglass layer to act as a shelf and set up with enough room to get in between the first and second.

Barbie and Helen began opening the packages and bags of items while folding diapers and plastic vinyl pants into piles. Even the diaper pins, also provided by that manager had old fashion lockable heads. Behind the partition that the fireman had set up the two women created a nursery of sorts folding and stacking diapers and plastic vinyl pants with two sets of diaper pins. The powders and ointments were also laid out.

On the gurney were baby wipes and dry wipes, baby powder and diaper rash cream and oil. Potable water was brought in hoisted up and set up along with a power cord and portable wash station.

They brought in a second platform that was raised and set against the first doubling the area. A sleeping cot was arranged for the girls. A folding table held the formulas and a small pot to help heat the mixtures once they were poured into the glass baby bottles.

They had even gotten Johnson dry baby bath for camping along with baby powder scented towelettes for travelers. Helen was going to give Matt his first baby bath while Barbie moved a short step ladder to began to feed him while Helen fitted him into his first diapers and baby pants after his bath.

“Matt,” Helen said when everything was ready.

“Yes,” Matt replied

“We’ve come up with a solution that we think will take care of your current incontinence problem and more importantly meals,” Helen said.

“Awesome,” Matt said and added, “I’m kind of tired of sitting on cold wet sheets if you want to know the truth and I’m starved.”

“We know,” Helen said and then added, “so the incontinence first. Of course disposable diapers are out because of your allergies but we’ve since discovered you’ll fit into cloth. We think that’s the best solution for now.”

“Cloth,” Matt repeated before it struck him what Helen was saying as he added, “you mean diapers? You’re talking about cloth diapers? Diapers that pin on with diaper pins?”

“Yes,” Helen said and then added, “cloth diapers. Pin on style cloth diapers. Not perfect but they will keep you dry and clean. And we can change you immediately.”

“Which means baby pants over those,” Matt said and then added, “which I’m allergic to.”

“Not these panties,” Helen said. We’re using plasticized rayon. These are snap on style Gerber pants for teens. We’ve measure them and they’ll fit you easily. They are made from vinyl.”

“So you want me to wear cloth diapers and snap on plastic vinyl pants,” Matt asked.

“Yes,” Helen said.

“I’m not too keen on the idea but I’m not sure I have much choice either,” Matt said and then added, “and I hate sitting on cold wet sheets.”

“I know and from now on you won’t have to,” Helen said and then added, “as for eating.”

“Just don’t tell me you’re thinking of baby bottles,” Matt said laughing.

“Okay, I wasn't. We’ll just hand you one when the time comes,” Helen said.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Matt said.

“It’s the only thing we can think of. They are telling us worse case maybe eight days. You can’t go without food that long. Look, Matt, it’s just Barbie and me up here, and we’re the only two that’s going to be up here taking care of you,” Helen said.

“Promise,” Matt said.

“I promise,” Helen said.

“And no one else needs to know about any of this right,” Matt asked.

“Not another living soul,” Helen said.

Helen further explained their plan which, after all the logic and questions, still hadn’t gone over very well, but got reluctantly accepted. Matt could understood the reasoning behind their logic and why they had to do what they wanted to do, but it didn't change what was going to happen to him.

In the end he said yes, he had to.

Both Barbie and Helen held a brief impromptu meeting between themselves but in whispered tones just a few feet away from Matt. It was during that conversation that a slight problem arose. It came right after Matt sat over his first diaper.

“I’ll be right back Matt,” Helen had said right after slipping the diaper and baby pants under him. As soon as he’d been told to lower himself over both his erection was instantaneous.

“Well, that’s a little awkward,” Matt said feeling very embarrassed by the whole thing. As soon as he’d felt the diaper touch him he’d gotten the erection. He couldn’t explain it, didn’t even want to try.

Up to now everything had been pretty straight forward. Unfortunately the instant he sat over the diaper it had happened.

“It’s no big deal Matt,” Helen yelled from a few feet away before adding, “seriously, Matt, It’s not!”

“What do you make of that,” Barbie asked as they stood there together trying to decide what to do about it.

“Why it came on or the problems it’s going to cause? Obviously the diaper is not going to fit over that,” Helen said.

“Tell me about it,” Barbie said smiling as she added, “it would be like trying to wrap a switch blade that’s sprung open.”

Helen snickered.

“It is going to be a problem,” Barbie added.

“We could just wait and let thing calm a bit,” Helen said.

“Good idea,” Barbie added,

They had left things alone to see if Matt might relax and he had, but then, as soon as they started up again and the instant the diaper moved his erection came back.

This was going to be an issue. Helen wasn’t sure what was causing it but it didn’t matter. The fact remained that he couldn’t be diapered with his erection getting in the way.
Both Helen and Barbie were mature women, and it wasn’t as if neither hadn’t seen one before but this time it was interfering with their work.

I’m worried that if we don’t do this now he won’t let us do this ever,” Helen said and then added, “and that’s going to include feeding him.”

“I’m afraid your right,” Barbie said and added, “if he’s already pretty stressed over wearing the damn things.”

“Stressed, yes, but I think it’s also something more,” Helen said and added, “maybe not a fetish but a turn on at the very least. Perhaps not even consciously, but I’m willing to wager Sigmund Freud would love to be here to find out.”

“So now what,” Barbie said.

“I say we do this and take a page out of Sigmund’s book, and actually let Sigmund take over,” Helen said.

“What’s that mean,” Barbie asked.

“Let’s let the good doctor loose and just diaper him. Whatever happens, happens,” Helen said.

“You mean let nature take it’s course,” Barbie said.

“Exactly,” Helen added.

“Sounds like a plan,” Barbie said and then added, “at least he’s covered by the diaper. I mean once he’s gotten off it might even make it easier to change him the next time.”

“That’s what I was thinking,” Helen said and then added, “so let’s do this.

“I’m ready,” Barbie said.

“You all set Matt,” Helen asked.

“Yes,” Matt said, paused and then in a quieter voice added, “I’m just not sure I can control myself.”

“We know. We’re not going to worry about that,” Helen said.

“Oh,” Matt said and then asked, “why’s that?”

“If you’ll pardon the pun Matt, we’ll have you covered,” Helen said.

“Oh, right,” Matt said. He didn’t dare want to discuss what that actually meant.

“Okay Matt spread your legs as wide as you can,” Helen said.

They shifted the gurney a little just so matt felt it move and cranked it up a little so he was firmly against the diaper again. It was all intended just to catch his attention. Earlier they had laid open the baby pants unsnapped, then the folded diaper on top of those with a second diaper folded down the center. Barbie had been generous with the baby powder. Helen was just as generous with that same powder over Matt loins.

Barbie got Helen’s attention and nodded at Matt’s erection. There was a drip of pre cum forming. It wasn’t simply an erection any more, but now a raging hard on and the tip was dripping. With Matt sitting there, his legs open, it stood out at a forty five degree angle stiffly daring them to try and cover it.

“I think he’ll ejaculate the instant the diaper touches and excites his tip,” Helen whispered from one opposite side looking at Matt’s erection then at Barbie.

“I think you’re right,” Barbie noted.

Matt couldn’t hear nor see what was happening but he could feel the sudden movement of the diaper under his cheeks as it was gently pulled. The diaper or diapers grew taut then came up between his thighs. A mass, it felt like a mass but he knew it was his diapers formed over his erection. That’s when he heard the soft crinkling of the baby pants.

It seemed to all come together right then and there. Helen’s hand squeezed slightly gathering and pressing those diapers and baby pants against him at the same instant she smoothed them on top of his penis. It was more than he could bear. He fought the urge at first, then wondered why he was fighting and gave up. He would have anyway.

That first pulse was sudden, massive and powerful. If was followed immediately by a second and third, then a fourth with each growing less powerful. The first curled his toes and stiffened his back and legs, tightening his bottom as he balled his fist. He fought against the grunt but both women heard it. Helen felt it in his diaper.

Matt's soft grunt followed another giving hints that the process was working and his curling toes highlighted that fact that Matt was nearing completion just as his stiffened legs began to ease a little. Matt's bottom clinched more and raised a little. There was another soft grunt while he remained rigid a bit longer then suddenly he collapsed as his last spasm ended as a dry spurt.

Matt simply continued breathing rapidly as Helen continued diapering him. She brought the back up to meet the front. Held the two edges together while picking up an open diaper pin. The sharpened diaper pin went in easily and close one side then the other. With both sides pinned closed she snapped the panties closed. Helen spent a few more minutes fussing with the edges around Matt’s legs and waist before lowering the gurney a little so he was sitting more.

“Hungry,” Helen asked more to change the subject than anything else.

“Starved,” Matt said.

“Barbie’s getting things ready as we speak,” Helen said.

“Great,” Matt said moving his bottom a little. He had brought his legs together discovering as he did so that the massive amount of diapers kept his feet about a foot and a half apart. He could overcome the distance but he would have to force it. It felt strange that sensation of a mound growing over his penis when he moved his legs together. He also felt the greater distance between himself and the gurney. It felt like inches although he was sure it was only half an inch at most. He wanted to caress it all but of course couldn’t.

Barbie grabbed the tongs to lift the glass baby bottle from the hot water wrapping a towel around it. She used a thermometer to check the temperature then added the special rubber nipple and cap. As promised the nutritionist had designed the meal with an American Cheese flavor for lunch. There was another bottle of grape punch to wash it all down.

“Okay Matt, I’m handing this up so it’s already to start,” Barbie said slowly slipping the glass baby bottle up past the concrete and rebar. There was the faint clink of glass against metal or rock but she had wrapped a towel around the bottle first.

“I’ve got it,” Matt said as the bottle reached him.

“Matt! It’s pretty straight forward. Just squeeze the sides of the nipple together and bring your lips forward and that will force the formula out the hole. It’s liquefied enough that if you keep the bottle tipped at about a forty-five degree angle it should flow until it’s empty,” Barbie said and then added, “you don’t have to finish it but if you do and want more there’s plenty. Okay?”

“Okay,” Matt said holding the baby bottle with both hands. They had rigged a small LED pin light so he could see the small brown nipple now inches from his mouth. The vintage baby bottle was full as he brought the nipple into his mouth. He crushed the sides together and immediately got the sensation of a grilled cheese between bread from the nipple. He was famished.

Barbie drew as close as she could to hear Matt feeding. Every once in a while he would break contact with the nipple and air would rush into the baby bottle to fill the vacuum created by Matt’s feeding. Barbie gave a silent thumbs up to Helen. Helen sat by their cots after making coffee. She wasn’t sure how much to tell Barbie because she wasn’t sure how much she herself was understanding, but when Matt had his orgasm she had her own.

“I’m going to step outside if you don’t mind,” Helen told Barbie.

“Go ahead,” Barbie said and then added, “He’s definitely going to take a second bottle.”

Helen squinted in the bright sunlight cursing her forgetfulness as she grabbed her sun glasses. It wasn’t hot, nor cold reaching about seventy four with a predicted high of seventy eight by early evening. Spring was going to be serious entrenched within another week or so as she took in the trees already budding above the fresh grass.

Helen was stretching the kinks from her shoulders when she saw the woman again. This time with the little girl sitting up in the stroller as she walked towards her. Helen fussed with her truck which was just this side of the yellow tape as the woman neared.

“How is that young man doing,” the woman asked coming up alongside.

“Very well considering. They’re coming at him from above. We should know in a few more days,” Helen said giving out more information than she normally would but she owed this woman. Of course she wanted to thank her but didn’t dare.

“That’s wonderful,” the woman said.

“Can I ask you something,” Helen said.

“Of course,” the woman said.

“My friend and I couldn’t help but notice a few days ago that you are using cloth diapers and plastic pants,” Helen said and then added, “I’m only mentioning it because it seems so old-fashioned.”

“It is,” the woman said and added, “very old-fashioned. It’s a concession to my grandmother. All of these things belonged to my father. She has dementia and she believes I’m the nanny now and my son here is her son back in the day. She doesn’t have much longer so we’re indulging her in that fantasy.”

“You said son,” Helen said looking at the adorable little dress and ruffled panties the boy was in.

“Different times,” the woman said. Boys were not put into pants till they were well past their toddler phase. I only put him into dresses around her. Like I said she doesn't have long and he doesn't know the difference yet,” the woman said as she added, ‘”which remind me, she’ll be getting up soon.”

“You have a good day,” Helen said watching the woman walk off. The little boy with the pink bonnet and ruffled panties under that frilly dress was driving her into a shudder. She could see Matt in that very same sort of dress, panties and bonnet as she turned to go back into the rubble.

“Do you remember that woman with the little girl that inspired all of his,” Helen said getting a fresh diaper ready on the other gurney as Barbie cleaned the first bottle Matt finished.

“I do,” Barbie said.

“Met her outside again. That little girl is actually a little boy dressed as a little girl. She’s diapering him for her grandmother’s sake. Dementia,” Helen said.

“No kidding,” Barbie said and suddenly stopped and gave a sly smile at Helen as she added, “and you’re telling me this because...”

“Just a point of interest,” Helen said.

Matt went through two baby bottles of formula and a bottle of juice and had soaked his diapers by the end of lunch. This time as Barbie focused on Matt’s dinner bottles Helen focused on Matt’s change. It didn’t escape Barbie’s notice that Helen was not so gingerly touching him as she had been with his first diapering.

“Matt, do you mind if I actually relieve you before I put you back into your fresh diapers? I’m worried about leaving you so messy so early,” Helen said.

“No, I guess not,” Matt said not sure what all of that might mean. Even Barbie got curious as she stopped washing out the baby bottles.

“This might be a little cold at first,” Helen said.

“Okay,” Matt responded.

Barbie kept watch as Helen, her hands in gloves, slipped a pair of snap on baby pants under Matt and brought them up between his legs. At the front she squirted a dab of baby lotion over the plastic and brought it forward to cover Matt's erect penis within the plastic. Helen gently circled the plastic around the tip, then slid the slippery fabric down his length before she began to slowly masturbate him. Matt closed his eyes as the soft plastic began warming and sliding slowly up and down along his shaft.

Barbie stood motionless and in a mild state of shocked surprise as she watched Helen half close her own eyes to the obvious pleasure she was getting out of it. It was clear by Matt’s physical response he was okay with what was happening as his legs stiffened once again. There was also that tell-tale grunt suddenly and Matt’s toes curling with a noticeable arch in Matt’s back.

Helen kept masturbating Matt till he was completely flaccid before sliding the baby pants free. Helen used a baby wipe to clean him. Helen, not too shy lightly pinched the head of Matt's penis and shivered herself when Matt jumped a little. Helen continued teasing Matt's tip till his reactions ended. She shuddered one last time before she too allowed herself to relax.

The soiled baby pants and baby wipes used to wipe Matt went into a bio hazard bag and Helen began the process of giving Matt his "sponge bath". Matt half closed his eyes as the water warmed by the propane camping stove and laced with baby bath soap washed him. He could have slept for hours.

Helen managed another folded diaper with a soaker laced with baby powder under Matt to be pinned on before covering his diapers with a fresh pair of snap on plastic panties. He'd been washed from his neck down with baby soap smelling of baby powder. Matt fell asleep almost instantly

The memory of getting off by Helen still lingered with him as he drifted off. He was actually beginning to hope it might take weeks to free him as he began to doze. A moment later in the fog of sleep he began into wet his diaper.

Helen and Barbie were outside on a quick break getting a little sun.

"So what's with you and this baby man," Barbie asked.

"What," Helen asked.

"You were actually getting him off this time," Barbie said and added, “nothing clinical about it! That was sex.”

"Maybe," Helen said snickering as she added, “okay, yes, and I was getting off too.”

"So I’m guessing this is turning you on," Barbie asked.

"Big time," Helen said.

"Dressing him or treating him like a baby or was it the sex part," Barbie asked.

"If that was a multiple choice question I think I would have checked the box marked 'all of the above,'" Helen said and then added, "just something about getting a guy off that's about to be diapered and fed like a baby as I got him off gets me off."

"Wow, so correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re some kind of a dominate," Barbie asked

"A little maybe. No, perhaps a lot. Always have been I suppose," Helen said.

“So what triggered it? You came back from talking to that lady and all of a sudden you’re ravaging this guy,” Barbie said and then added, “wait a second. You don’t want to dress him like a girl to do you?”

"No, that's just it. It's not a girl or boy thing, it's a cute thing," Helen said and added, "babies don't have a gender. they just have cute and pretty."

"Cute? Okay, you're right, babies are cute but that guy in there is still a guy," Barbie said and added, "so okay I get you getting turned on turning him into a baby, but you want him in a baby dress?"

"I know, sounds crazy when you say it in the light doesn't it," Helen said.

"In some ways, yes. In other ways no," Barbie noted as she sipped her water and added, "so what else you got going?"

"I guess more of the same. I was going to ask if you wouldn't mind letting me be the one to get him off," Helen asked and added, "I mean instead of us maybe taking turns that is? I’m kind of keen on him getting use to me getting him off"

"Be my guest," Barbie said as she added, "for me it would have been a chore. I will gladly give it up."

"Great," Helen said feeling the tingling in her loins as she took the last bite of her sandwich. The next time she was going to slip a finger down into her own pants and climax with her baby man as she added, "I think I'll get him used to getting off with a diaper and plastic pants over his baby pants."

"Think he'll like that," Barbie asked.

"I think he will like getting off," Helen said and then added, “and I’m hoping by the time he gets out of here he gets used to getting off with a diaper and baby pants. Oh and that it’s me getting him off."

“So what do you plan to do about the dresses,” Barbie asked.

“Ebay,” Helen said.

“How do you introduce him to them,” Barbie asked.

“Not sure,” Helen said and then added with a snicker as she said, “I’m pretty sure it’s going to involve a lot of stroking though.”

There was a constant battering from the concrete chisels above Matt's head so his nap was short and he woke. Helen called to him and he answered. Matt also wet his diaper again and told Helen about his need for a bed pan to take care of a bowel movement. That was unpleasant but having lined the bed pan in plastic made the chore less distasteful and using baby wipes helped.

"I'm sorry about the erection again," Matt said from the darkness as Helen laid a fresh diaper over the snap on plastic panties. He was grinning since he knew he couldn't be seen.

"Don't worry about it Matt, I have just the thing to take care of that," Helen said as grabbed the baby oil for the baby pants she opened on top of the diaper.

"Really," Matt said sounding surprised.

"Yes. Now close your eyes," Helen said.

Barbie helped Helen set up the plastic panties over a diaper and another pair of plastic panties as Helen stepped up onto the short step ladder. Helen slid all three items under Matt who had risen slightly for his change. He knew what was coming as his erection was throbbing. Helen also had Barbie put some juice into a short glass baby bottle so he would be nursing a bottle while she masturbated him.

It was more of the same for that day and all of Helen’s doing. She want to a fabric store and taking the advise of a sales women there purchased a soft satin fabric that she hemmed and attached to a baby blanket fabric.

The woman at the fabric store had suggested the satin or nylon instead of anything cotton to keep the microscopic cotton fibers from creating maddening itches during the night. For Helen it fell into her imagination as a kind of baby blanket. The two women eased the makeshift baby blanket into the hole from either side then up to Matt's neck till it reached the back of his head. They had enough fabric that they could bring it forward to wrap him with it.

"Hey Matt can you feel that," Helen said Moving the baby pants, diaper and baby pants mix under him.

"Hi Helen. Oh... yes," Matt said feeling giddy at the prospect over what was coming just as it touched him.

"Are you okay," Helen asked..

"That blanket is really warm," Matt said and added, "soft too."

"Good. Okay, your diaper is ready, you can sit again," Helen said as she tipped the baby lotion over the plastic pants just ahead of Matt's testicles.

"Diaper," Matt asked.

"I've got your baby pants and lotion ready but they are sitting on another diaper," Helen said.

"Oh. Okay," Matt said blushing over the conversation.

"You can lower yourself," Helen said.

As Helen bathed Matt's lower half Barbie stepped up to the gurney with his first baby bottle meal. This one was a honey laced vanilla flavored oatmeal blend followed by a bacon flavored mix in a second bottle.

Matt could feel the moistened wipe cleaning him between his thighs as Barbie eased his baby bottle into the opening so Matt could take hold of it. Matt lifted the bottle from Barbie and tipped it to his lips and through an endorphin shroud of bliss used his lips to press and pull the rubber nipple to draw the vanilla flavored meal in.

Matt had lowered himself over his diapers and baby pants. Helen handed the baby lotion bottle back to Barbie and then Barbie handed Helen the short baby bottle of juice.

"Matt, I've got a bottle of juice for you to drink as well. It's a Pedialyte to help prevent dehydration and replace the nutrients and electrolytes you've lost," Helen said and added, "drink it while I take care of this other thing okay?"

"Okay," Matt said waiting in the small confines for the baby bottle. He felt the cool glass bottle being handed up and brought it to his lips tipping it in and began nursing it as he also felt the cool lotion and plastic pants start to touch his penis. Helen had reached under the thick diaper and outside pair of baby pants bringing all the layers up together to began slowly masturbating and playing with Matt.

Helen standing so she could easily masturbate Matt slipped her finger down into her jeans and began rubbing herself with the same up and down motion. Helen carefully listened to Matt’s moans as she caressed him with his diaper and baby pants over the plastic layer covering his penis. She timed her climax to match his as she squeezed him while she thrust her fingers further in. Their moans almost sounded identical.

Helen continued long after till Matt was well past his ejaculations and sensitivity as Helen adjusted his penis to lay straight within his diaper after pinning it closed. She snapped the baby pants closed but continued caressing Matt along his legs till the baby bottle was empty. Matt handed the short glass bottle down and thanked Helen for her 'kindness.'

They were in their fifth day and had custom-designed a long thin pillow that fit behind Matt so he could lean against it while sitting on the gurney. As before he was positioned now as if in a recliner laying on his makeshift baby blanket , wrapped in his lotion laced baby pants, diaper and snap on panties getting masturbated while sucking on a baby bottle of juice. He was routinely fondling the yellow satin as Helen slipped her free hand into her pants and panties and began to finger herself from the far side away from Barbie as she felt her own climax drawing close.

“I keep wanting to video this and post it,” Barbie said snickering as she helped Helen clean the baby pants Helen had pulled free before closing Matt’s diaper.

“Don’t you dare,” Helen said teasing Barbie back as she took the empty baby bottle from Matt to clean it.

Helen set up for that evening, deciding before giving Matt dinner, to see if he would take an actual pacifier. She intended it to be a serious attempt at redirecting him towards the adult baby mode she was pushing for but knew she could fall back and call it a joke if need be.

“Matt,” Helen said as she patted the front of his diaper in their latest routine. She was checking to see if he was wet, which he was, because he started wetting the moment his diaper was pinned closed.

“What’s up Helen,” Matt said from above.

“We’re out of juice. Barbie has gone into town to get some more. Meanwhile I’ve got a substitute for you to use while I change you,” Helen said pushing through the hole with the pacifier.

“Got it,” Matt said as he took the baby pacifier from Helen’s hand.

Helen stood motionless waiting for a protest or question but nothing came from Matt. Obviously he’d taken the pacifier just as readily as he’d been taking the baby bottles. Helen wanted to ask him why but didn’t dare. The fact that he was possibly nursing it was good enough as she readied his next set of changes and sexual release.

"This is such a turn on for me," Helen whispered loud enough that Matt might hear it over the noise from above.

"What," Matt asked. Helen's voice was close to Matt's waist.

"I said this is turning me on Matt," Helen said a little louder.

"Me too," Matt said suddenly grunting and stiffening as Helen stroked his penis within the plastic panties..

"Truth is Matt, I don't want this to end," Helen said after a long pause and just after Matt collapsed.

"Me neither Helen," Matt said almost in a whisper.

“Matt, do you mind if we also do this in between meals,” Helen said and then added, "you know, when you can get it up again?"

“Yes. Definitely," Matt said.

“Do you like your pacifier,” Helen asked and added, “I mean the bottle too obviously but I thought the pacifier would be cute.”

“I do,” Matt said after a little hesitation. He realized what Helen was asking and decided to throw caution to the wind as he added, “makes me feel a little more babyish.”

“That’s what I hoped,” Helen said.

"I really love getting you off with the diaper and plastic pants added," Helen whispered loud enough but this time added, "I just wish I could dress you in something more babyish."

"Oh," Matt said just as softly. He paused but then added, '”that would be sort of fun."

"Would you be interested in keeping this going once you’re out of here," Helen asked as she began to clean Matt so she could close the diaper around him.

“Definitely,” Matt said sucking on the baby pacifier as he felt the baby pants closing around him.

It was Helen’s turn for the night off and she had taken a long hot bath to ease the tensions building up in her shoulders. The stretching was taking it’s toll on her and Barbie as they went into their ninth day but the rescue teams had made a lot of headway. They were ready for a sideways breach she’d been told and tomorrow was the day.

Meanwhile, dry and wearing her best bathrobe Helen went back to her spare bedroom to do a final inventory of things she’d gotten on Ebay and across the Internet. Helen lifted the dress and swooned again over what she hoped Matt would be running around in.

She had found the dress on Ebay and had fallen in love with it first because it jumped off the screen with it’s iridescent shimmering organza fabric. It was a very light blush pink high waisted baby dress plucked right out of a 1960’s catalog of baby dresses. That sparkling organza gathered over satin to meet sheer puffy sleeves. There was a self-tied sash sewn into a large bow that matched tiny bows at the puffy sleeves. She had ordered the slip and matching diaper cover with it.

For bed time there were two vintage baby doll nightgowns with bubble panties to cover Matt’s diapers if she could leave him alone long enough to slip them over his plastic baby pants. It wasn’t so much dressing him as leaving him alone long enough to do so. She felt the pangs of another orgasm rising within her as she reached for the switch on her vibrator. She pushed it on and set it to low and stroked the panties a bit before lifting the ruffled rumba panties she’d matched to a pastel bed jacket.

Barbie had agreed to let Helen take home all of the stuff that had been donated to rescue Matt during his ordeal. The diapers, plastic panties, diaper bags and other baby items had been cleaned and packed into a large carry bag except for one final change that could go out with a smaller gym bag once he was dressed in street clothes. The plan was to transport him to the local hospital for one final checkup before his release.

Helen was going to wait in her car in the parking lot for his phone call. She had asked for and received a weeks vacation due to the 24 hour on call nature of the rescue she’d been engaged in for the past nine days. Matt had talked to his boss by phone had been on the payroll at “triple time from the moment he’d started work till the moment he stepped out of the hospital with a years bonus. There was a new truck waiting for him when he was ready to go shopping for one.

Helen hung the dress and packed away the folded panties above the drawer with the diapers and plastic pants as she checked the room one last time. She moved to her room to change into her EMT uniform and with coffee cup in hand made one last sweep of her house for locked doors before walking to her car. Today was the day she mused as she shivered and fastened her seatbelt.

“Hey chief,” Helen said walking up with her coffee freshened. There were a thousand people lining the streets as rumors leaked of a rescue today. Barbie was just backing her own rig next to Helen’s as a fireman on top of the scaffolding twenty feet above the ground waved.

“You guys ready,” the chief asked.

“Will be in a minute,” Helen said moving off towards the entrance to where Matt was.

“Stay hot on the radio and give me a heads up when you’ve got him covered,” the chief said.

“Roger that,” Helen said turning with Barbie to walk into the rubble.

With the exception of radio squawk there was mostly silence as everyone anticipated the final breakthrough.

“What possessed you to buy him baby girl stuff,” Barbie whispered as they made their way into the tunnel that led to where Matt was.

“His long hair. I don’t know. Honestly that’s a lie. I mean maybe not so much a lie as a half truth. I was thinking what he’d look like with a bow or maybe two bows and ruffled panties at the same time I was surfing adult baby stuff on Ebay and these dresses start popping up. Oh my God you should have seen them,” Helen said.

“Cute,” Barbie asked.

“Cute,” Helen repeated.

“Adorable,” If you didn’t know they were sized for adults you’d swear there really were for baby girls. No waist, bubble sleeves cute little bows, animal motifs. I mean some of these ladies are clearly mothers who have been sewing baby clothes for a long time and decided to make them big,” Helen said.

“So you bought one,” Barbie said.

“Two. And ruffled panties and nightgowns and bed jackets and bubble panties and one of the dresses had a bouffant slip believe it or not just like we wore as little girls. I even found a pair of Mary Jane shoes in his size,” Helen said.

“And he’s going to wear this stuff,” Barbie asked.

“Honey, when I’m done with him he’s going to be begging me to wear that stuff,” Helen said as she went silent. They had entered the area where the chamber had been widened. Twenty feet ahead was Matt’s area.

“Matt,” Helen called out.

“That you Helen,” Matt yell,

“Me and Barbie,” Helen said and added, “you ready for big boy clothes?”

“I guess,” Matt said sounding disappointed a little. It made Helen snicker a little but she covered it as she and Barbie started making preparations for Matt to be pulled up and out of the rubble. It took another fifteen minutes to clean him up and put him in regular underwear, shorts and socks.

Helen and Barbie packed the remainder of Matt’s diapers and baby pants and Helen carried the large and small bags to her rig. She would transfer those to her car when the time came. She went back and helped Barbie collapse the gurneys as two fireman came in and started removing gear.

“You guys ready,” the chief asked over the radio.

“All set in here. He’s covered.

“Okay, they are going to break through,” The chief said as an air horn went off. There was the remote sound a single jack hammer that lasted for about three minutes then some dust reached Barbie and Helen just as Matt’s legs started to disappear. A minute later there was cheering. Barbie and Helen met Matt at the rig as he was pushed into Barbie’s unit.

“I’ll see you on the other side,” Helen said taking Matt’s hand. He was cuter than Helen had expected and his hair was longer and fuller than she’d thought possible. A shower and shampoo would really bring him out she mused.

Matt’s erection was instantaneous as he pondered the evening Helen promised him once he left the hospital. He was hoping he’d have time in the hospital to take care of that before things got too public as Barbie handed Matt a small bag before closing the doors.

“I’ll take that when we get to the hospital,” Barbie said before closing the second door.

Matt opened the bag and found a pair of baby pants folded with two wipes closed within a sandwich bag. The baby pants had been coated with baby oil as Matt smiled, tossed the sheet back and arranged the panties so the slippery surface of the plastic laid over his erection.

He circled his penis for the first time imagining it was Helen’s hand and didn’t go past a dozen strokes before he shot his load into the slippery panties. He laid there as the siren’s carried him through town to the hospital. The wipes cleaned him and the baby pants as he folded the panties to return them to the bag. The wipes went into the sandwich bag.

“You okay back there,” Barbie yelled through the portal as she added, “we’re coming into the hospital.”

“I’m good,” Matt said laying back on the gurney as he added, “I put the bag on the shelf.”

“That goes back to Helen. Don’t forget, she’s in the lot waiting.” Barbie said as she slowed the truck, turned and stopped. She put the rig in reverse triggering a warning horn as she backed slowly to the doors. Bright lights started exploding as another dozen cells went up on both sides of the area leading into the emergency room. Photographers were snapping pictures as orderlies and nurses opened the truck doors to slide Matt out.

“Quite the celebrity,” A nurse said as he was wheeled into a complicated room with another group of people already masked standing ready. There was a doctor who started giving orders as the sheet covering him was stripped, gathered and left on the gurney when he was slid over to the hospital bed. Blood was taken. Mostly he was ignored but still the focus of everyone's attention.

They started a drip IV and did one complete scan plus an EKG while waiting for Labs to come back from blood and swabs. It took two hours before the doctor came in, patted Matt’s leg and asked him if he wanted to leave because there was absolutely no reason to keep him. Whatever he’d been fed it was first rate. Everything about him was normal.

Matt laughed.

“Not everything,” he mused.

Matt said it had been some kind of formula and couldn’t hold back the snicker considering it had been and all of it came out of a baby’s bottle. There was still a couple of days worth Helen had told him when she and Barbie had packed everything up. Helen promised he’d get the rest if he was a good baby and did what he was told. Matt promised to be very good considering his reward.

Matt’s mother was allowed in as the paperwork slowly worked its way through the hospital's bureaucracy. She had met Barbie and Helen leaving both with grateful hugs at the building site and was surprised to discover that her son Matt would be spending a “few days” with the EMT starting that day. There was a twinge of jealousy considering Helen's age but twenty-five and eighteen were not that far apart.

This conversation was underway as Matt dressed in tee-shirt, Jockey brand shorts, jeans, socks and tennis shoes. His wallet, mysteriously had been filled with ten new twenties. Matt was sure that came from his boss Bob. The man was making sure Matt was getting taken care of and that too brought about a snicker.

“What,” Matt’s mother asked.

“Nothing,” Matt said but showing his mother the open wallet to sidestep the issue of what he was thinking. He was glad he had a light jacket on and immediately zipped it at the bottom to cover the erection that suddenly appeared.

A nurse came in with a sheet of paper showing a map of the first floor and a felt pin drawing to an exit door that would take Matt to the rear of the hospital and it’s loading dock. Helen had brought her car around to that dock and was waiting there. That would avoid the press. Matt took the paper and brief explanation.

“Call me,” Matt’s mother warned as she kissed and hugged him goodbye. She had packed an overnight bag that Matt now carried down the hall to Helen’s car. The bright lights caught Matt head on as he pushed the swinging door open and Helen’s voice caught his attention even before his eyes fully adjusted.

“Hey,” Helen said standing just outside her car door as Matt came down the stairs of the loading dock. There was a milk truck and laundry truck pulled in and unloading but no other persons when he pushed through the doors. Matt got into Helen’s car as Helen sat before the wheel.

“Hungry,” Helen asked.

“Famished,” Matt said as Helen started the car and drove off. Matt added, “and a little nervous I guess.”

“I know. I got to thinking about that as we loaded you onto the gurney today. All Barbie and I got was a voice and you from the waist down and all you got were hands and a voice. Not exactly a proper introduction considering how intimate we all were,” Helen said.

“Exactly,” Matt said.

“Sort of like meeting from the bottom up instead of the top down,” Helen said laughing and added, "so glad to meet you from the top down."

"Me too," Matt said blushing as he added, "and if you don’t mind me saying so, you're still pretty."

"Still," Helen said.

"I mean, I know it sounds funny, but lying in the hospital bed this morning I got to wondering if it was all just a dream. As bad as it was or I guess as bad as it could have been and I suppose it could have been way worse, it was wonderful. Really wonderful, but more like a dream and the longer I lay there the more I thought of it that way." Matt said and then added, "and you were too pretty to be real. But here you are!"

"Isn't that funny. I mean, first, thank you for the complement, but waiting by the dock I was having those same thoughts. You could have been terribly ugly but as it happens you were adorable and that wasn't just my opinion, Barbie thought so to. You were actually my ideal fantasy," Helen said and added, "and here you are, pretty cute too."

"Why was I so ideal," Matt asked as she turned to look at him. The eye contact brought on another painful erection.

“I might be blowing this but it’s the truth, like it or not,” Helen said and added, “it started when we decided that cloth diapers were the answer. We had your measurements, weight and age in hand and were in the office of the diaper service.”

“I thought you guys had bought everything,” Matt said.

“Nope, it was all donated,” Helen said and added, “that diaper service was the biggest part because they had the baby pants. Like I said the son of the owner was looking over old inventory after we had mentioned your allergic reaction to Polyacrylate. He said he had actual vinyl panties stored away but they might be too small.”

“Vinyl pants,” Matt said.

“Actual baby pants,” Helen said and then added, “which was the first time I got a hint that this whole baby scene might be a turn on for me. Anyway, I confirmed your sizes which surprised him because he asked how old you were and when I said eighteen he was even more surprised. Said you were very small for your age.”

“I am,” Matt said and added, “had a weak valve in my heart till I was nearly eleven and could tolerate the operation to fix it, so they kept giving me shots that slowed the puberty process down a little and some kind of anti growth hormones till, like I said, I could tolerate the surgical procedure. I got a new valve when I was twelve but by then I was pretty small.

“Exactly my point,” Helen said and added, “so I’m getting these fitted diapers and really cute snap on plastic panties for a young man I’m going to be taking care of over the next week or so, who is eighteen, and they fit a large baby.”

“Me,” Matt said and then added, “which dovetails with my fantasy because some of the time I was home sick in bed mom has me in diapers and white plastic vinyl pants because it easier than trying to lift me and carry me to the bathroom or hold me up over a bedpan.”

“So were your diapers sexual,” Helen asked.

“That’s the thing, there weren't till you came along,” Matt said and then added, “or maybe they were and I didn’t connect them till you came along. Don’t know for sure. All I do know is when you came along all hell broke loose and it’s all I can think about.”

“Same here,” Helen said.

“I was thinking that breakfast at a restaurant would help break the ice but I’m thinking I can’t really wait that long. I’m getting a little wet right now just talking about it. Would you mind some scrambled eggs and toast after I get you into a diaper and plastic pants and me through a vibrator,” Helen asked.

“Thought you’d never offer,” Matt said and added, “I’m almost soaked myself.

Helen turned her blinker on, made a right turn and picked up speed.

“I live about ten blocks from here,” Helen said. She thought about telling him about the other things but decided not to. At least not yet, although she added, “so, as I was saying earlier, those vinyl panties you were wearing while you were trapped were made in 1959 by the Klinert Company for Young Bed Wetter's, just so you know.”

“So I’m a young bed wetter,” Matt asked.

“Pretty much according to the owner’s son who said his dad founded the company based on his own experience. I guess those snap on plastic pants were the kinds of things his father wore back in the day,” Helen said and then added, “and we might have to put off having the eggs and toast till we get each other off because I’m nearly getting off as we speak.”

“Me too,” Matt said lifting his coat so expose his jeans which had a fairly large wet spot forming.

Helen took the opportunity to rest her hand right over the spot which caused her to decide not to wait. She turned her directional on, found a spot to pull over, put her emergency flashers on and they immediately began making out. It was hurried, awkward, and becoming desperate as Helen maneuvered Matt so she was now slid into his seat while he was laying across her with his feet against her door.

Matt was facing her with his right hand trying to get into her slacks as her’s searched for the button of his jeans. They swapped tongues, crushed lips and found each other in desperate steps that brought their breathing up to match their heart rates in increasing tempos as each found the other's pleasure spots.

Every touch, clasp, slide, added a new movement that brought another sensation to the layers building to their climax. There was no stopping them as cars whipped past at freeway speeds unaware of the desperation in the car pulled to the side. When it came, had it been explosive material there would have been smoke and debris.

There was no explosion that could have been heard if you ignored the moans, just the two falling away into exhaustion and a sweeping warm glow of satisfaction that left both unwilling to move. Matt, his fingers still within Helen’s panties, flattened and found her warmth comforting. He lingered and caressed. Helen too had brought Matt’s tee-shirt over his shorts and simply rested there.

“That was desperate,” Helen whispered with a snicker that she quieted by kissing Matt who had turned his face towards her’s.

“It’s been over half a day,” Matt said laughing.

“So we know we can’t go too long without being together,” Helen said.

“Or at least we don’t dare egg each other on if it’s been more than half a day,” Matt noted and added, “and we’re both not going to be able to leave the house without some sort of protection.”

“That’s a given,” Helen said as she started to help him untangle before adding, “and it’s becoming very clear you’re not going to be able to go without diapers and baby pants.”

“I was just thinking that very same thing,” Matt said as they untangled for the drive home..

The end.

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not EMT training

Jamie Lee's picture

Guess not every rescue scenario can be thought of when training rescuers, but Helen and Barbie found a solution that fit the situation.

Helen really found a solution for the extra problem that was created, one that has carried over to Matt's now being freed.

Others have feelings too.

Solutions are sometimes odd...

In an EMT class we were taught that diapers make great tourniquet and battle dressings. That was what prompted the story.

One minute your tying a shoe lace, the next closing a strap. I've always felt sorry for boys who cannot imagine being girls.