Drabble Theatre: Beautiful

Printer-friendly version

Beautiful

By Melanie Ezell

It wasn’t hard to convince them. All I had to do was tell them what they wanted, and with the right books I had it all. And I was going to be beautiful.

It all started with the liposuction. Just to help me lose weight. I’d always been a bit tubby, and I figured why not. I didn’t know I’d love it so much.

The change was dramatic. No longer was I the overweight, unpopular geek of a man I had been, but a sleek young stallion. Now I could be happy, have friends, be loved. I felt beautiful.

But it wasn’t enough. I was left with baggy, flabby skin where the weight had been. I wanted it gone. And I was beautiful again.

But I was so hairy. My chest. My back. I wanted it gone too. And, yet again, I felt beautiful.

Next came my facial hair, long a bane of my life. With it gone, surely I’d be beautiful forever.

With a little work on my nose.

And a little botox couldn’t hurt either.

And my cheeks, so plain.

And my brow line, far too thick. Neanderthalean, really, if such a word exists.

New teeth. New lips. New ass. New skin. New breasts. And now, new sex.

It wasn’t hard to convince them. All I had to do was tell them what they wanted, and with the right books I had it all. All the knowledge to make them make me beautiful. And what I couldn’t get with lying I took, or got in any way possible. Sex, drugs, threats, violence. Violence can be beautiful too. And soon I’d be more beautiful than ever.

So beautiful.

So beautiful.

So beautiful.

Notes: My first attempt at 'dark' fiction. Comments appreciated. Melanie E.

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Autogynephelia

While what you wrote might apply to some Ts's it certainly wouldn't be true for a true Ts.What you wrote basically says that he was turned on by his image of being a woman the definition of autogynophelia.A great job at it writing it.Amy

so beautiful?

to short and to weard dont have a lot to due with a ts woman or even a cross dresser but weard. have a good one.whildchild

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

It's not TG fiction

My point I was wanting to make- but seem to have failed spectacularly at- is that 'he' is not a CD, or even TG. He's a surgery addict going for the biggest high possible. Perhaps I should have stuck with the original title, Addiction.

Melanie E.

With all due respect . . .

That's not altogether obvious.

Not that it really matters. It's all down to interpretation, I suppose.

NB

Jessica
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Exactly

And that's why it failed spectacularly;p

I'm not what you'd call a subtle writer and what I was trying here was to be subtly obvious. It didn't work, and I'm okay with that, the scribble is probably better FOR the looser interpretation.

Besides, it was a learning experience.

Melanie E.

And very well executed too

I commend you for trying.

You didn't fail, it just didn't turn out as you may have planned, that's all.

Jessica
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Short and to the point

Scary too in a way.

So, yes, I guess it IS dark.

It's dark here too, but that's due to the weather . . .

Very good for a first attempt Mel, leaves plenty to the imagination.

NB

Jessica
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Actually...

...it's kind of interesting how sometimes things we say or write take on a life of their own. In the case of stories, sometimes the author's intentions end up creating something wholly new, a bit of a surprise to everyone.

Regardless of whether this is intended to be a peek into Addiction, a fascination with Surgery, or Autogynephilia (a clever-sounding concept with a high bogosity index that crosses too many lines imho to be clinically useful by itself), I think two sort of unexpected things came out of it.

One, a look into the effects of the ultimate surrender to Narcissism. As we now live in a seriously narcissism-plagued culture, this is sociologically topical and relevant.

Two, the psychopathology of manipulating others to get what you want. The unstated nature of the books in question, with the strong hints, is emotionally effective, like the flash of motion in the shadows of a horror film. Oh, and the gender thing. That just sort of adds to the eeriness, doesn't it?

Don't follow this story any further! Your protagonist is likely to turn out to be some Hannibal Lecter type character.

Anyway, an interesting and evocative experiment!