Drabble Theatre: Hot Coffee

Printer-friendly version

Drabble Theatre: Hot Coffee

Melanie Ezell

Barbara descended the stairs to find her husband waiting for her at the breakast table. The coffee was ready, making her smile.

"Barb, honey, we need to talk."

"About what?" She carefully stirred the sugar in as she turned, listening.

"There's something I need to tell you- I've been hiding for a long time. I can't hide it any more. Barb, some times I..." He stopped.

"Is this about the women's clothes you have hidden in the closet?"

He stared, dumbfounded. "Y-you already know?"

She nodded.

"And- you don't care?"

She shrugged. "Not really. Besides, you make damn good coffee."

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, duh! Coffinated Beverine, Principal Skinner?

Coffee makes the World go 'round.

'Nuf said.

--grin--

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Hope Echos is progressing nicely. If you get stuck again do send but for a few days I'll be on vacation and at the mercy of the Evil BlondeTM's laptop and motel Wi-fi. Back on Monday sometime.

John in Wauwatosa

See

the thing about COFFEE is that even if you go to bed a little drunk, in the morning you can still enjoy a refreshing cup of COFFEE. It's the thing that binds us together. More than talking about the weather. Coffee is one thing we CAN do something about. And those pesky, small problems seem to fade away as you enjoy this wonderful drink.