Drabble Theatre: White Satin

Printer-friendly version

White Satin

By Melanie Ezell

She was finally ready.

It had taken more than thirty years to correct God's little mix-up, but it was worth it. She still wasn't perfect, the severe cut of her dress working to hide the few traces of masculinity she'd never be rid of, but if he loved her as is, she could live with a few flaws.

As her march started, she donned her veil, and stepped out the door.

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

White Satin

In just a very few words conveys several chapters worth of story. Good work Melanie. I look forward to reading more stories from you.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I didn't see the "drabble" tag

laika's picture

So when I clicked on this story I was like "HUUUUUUHHHHHH?!!?"
But it is a really sweet one. And I think drabble-wise you had
a couple dozen words to spare- a rarity in this medium.
Moving, beautiful & succinct.
~~~hugs, Laika

Seventy-One Words

Total. I've wrote longer comments, but the PSP ain't known for its memory, and I had to type every letter TXT MSG STL, which is why I don't comment more.

Melanie E.

I almost missed this gem

I followed Laika's comment in, and am glad I did.

They were right.

Good things do come in small boxes.

Sarah

I Like It

terrynaut's picture

I just read your most recent blog entry so I made time to post a comment. :)

I don't normally read drabbles. They're too short for me. I want a story that pulls me in and gets me emotionally involved. I love to be emotional. :)

I like this drabble though. It's interesting. So much is said with so few words. The title grabbed my attention but I almost didn't read it when I saw it was a drabble. Luckily, someone's comment pulled me in and I had to read it. Yay! :)

I sure like smiley emoticons. :)

Hugs

- Terry