Drabble Theatre: The Questionnaire

Printer-friendly version

"Pencils down."

It was over. The most gruelling two hour test ever, to be sure. And a definite failure, but what did they expect? And with the rule in place that all questions must be answered in order 'to aid in the determination of your absolute potential' or some crap like that, and 'only mark one answer per question. If more than one applies, choose the answer that fits you best.'

So, why start with something as hard as 'Are you male or female?'

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sooo many

administrators of Standardized Tests were pissed off at me. I would put in the androgynous form of my given name, and leave the gender blank.

'gender' vs 'sex'

You'd think that the 'educated' people who design these sections of oh, so many forms would have grasped the differences in these concepts by now, but is it ignorance as to the issue, or do they not care enough to make that question more accurate, or is it that it would be a political/religious battle to get such a 'simple' question clarified, or ...am I missing an option here?

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

the difference

I'm not a native speaker of the English language, so I initially had a bit of a problem with the difference between the words 'sex' and 'gender'. In my mother tongue, there's only one word for both.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Computers

An over-rated calculator, run by an over-priced virus and programmed by a series of nought and ones specified by someone who is unlikely to have to endure the resulting chaos.

And then we moved to paper...

Susie

what is your gender

Asking your gender is the hard question to answer. Most forms today ask what is your gender, although it is still often labelled 'male or female.'

It is a proven scientific fact that women and men's brains are physically different, so the question is a valid one in making assessments in some areas. From a scientific aspect, it can be important to know what the gender of the subject is in analysing results.