Drabble Theatre: Third Time's the charm!

Printer-friendly version

"Congratulations! It's a beautiful ba...by... uh, heh, nurse?"

"Oh for heaven's sakes, can't you tell it's a... well..."

"It doesn't matter," the newborn's father interrupted. "We have a son and a daughter already. I guess now we have one more of both."

The doctor smiled in relief at being let off the hook, but couldn't help wondering, what color blanket to use?

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some decisions really ARE important

I mean, if the doc uses the wrong color, the child could be scard foor life! RIGHT! Wny not use a nice clean white one, like many do. :-)

Annette

Plaid - I vote for plaid!

Why limit the kid? Why not let the child decide what color is the kid's favorite as time goes by? I know, so much social/cultural pressure to fit the child into an accepted category....

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Two votes for Plaid!

Thank you for the laugh this morning you Yankee you! I can just see all the babies in the viewing room now. The friends of the family is scanning the blankets looking for the new arrival. Blue, blue, pink, blue, pink, pink and then, Plaid!
hugs!
grover

Sweet and funny

I vote for a tie-dye but then I grew up in the sixties.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Oooh Ooh!

Octarine! The blanket needs to be octarine!

Nice one

My favourite colours and green and yellow. I don't think they would both work too well on the same blanket though.

Susie