I Need To Remember. Chapter 9.

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 9. Linda finds out who is responsible for her second chance.

Wishes' home was about a quarter of a mile from mine and backed onto the moors that I used to walk over late at night in my old life.

I was introduced to Alhana, Wishes' mother was a warm friendly woman of about forty who happily invited me into their home for supper.

We ate a richly flavoured chicken casserole which as Wishes had predicted would have fed several more as well as the three of us. It was a very pleasant feeling sitting around a table with a family, enjoying the small talk and comfortable familiarity that I had missed all of my life.

After the meal Wishes began collecting the dishes and taking them out to the kitchen. I offered to help but Wishes wouldn't hear of it and I was shooed back into the dinning room.

I stood at the large bay window overlooking the moor, I guessed I wasn't more than half a mile from where I had made my wish.

"How are you coping Graham," Alhana's soft voice came from behind me.

"I'm mana..." I turned in shock to face Wishes' mother. "You know?" I gasped.

She chuckled softly and looked out over the moor as well.

"About a quarter of a mile that way." she pointed slightly to the left of the view. "Is a sacred spot to the Goddess. If someone makes a wish from the depths of their heart there at certain times of the year the Goddess may see fit to grant them. One winter she granted your wish."

"I guess someone did," I murmured not quite sure if I believed in a mythical Goddess, but then it was the only thing that so far could explain what had happened to me.

Alhana smiled at me warmly. "You love her don't you?"

"Who?" I asked not quite able to absorb this conversation.

"Wishes, my daughter."

"Yes I do, are you upset about it." I don't think many parents would be happy about the thought of a lesbian lusting after their daughter. Especially if that lesbian was until recently an old man.

"When the twins were born the Goddess gave them their names. My daughter was named Wishes because someday she would be the answer to somebody's wish. Give her time and she will come around to the idea. She knows in her heart already, she just needs to know in her head as well."

"Doesn't it bother you that your daughter would become a lesbian?" I had to ask, I just couldn't imagine that she would rather Wishes was with me than married to some guy and starting a family.

"Labels don't count for much. She loves you that's all that's important. She just needs to realise that and get used to the idea then you can move onwards." Wishes was coming in from the kitchen then and gave us a puzzled look as we were staring out of the window.

"It's a beautiful view but you would be able to see it better in daylight." She said as she came towards me. "C'mon I'll walk you home. See you later mum."

"Ok thanks. Thank you for a lovely supper Alhana, I hope we meet again soon." I was feeling excited at the prospect of being walked home by Wishes and still confused by the things her mother had said to me.

We walked back to my house slowly. Side by side but not touching we were both lost in our own thoughts and walked in companionable silence until we got to my front door.

"Linda would you mind..." She started to say, for the first time since I had met her she seemed hesitant, vulnerable even. "No it doesn't matter, never mind."

"What Wishes, you can tell me?" I had never seen her like this and my heart ached to see her normal confidence washed away.

"I just wondered if you would mind if I kissed you again." there was an endearing shy smile on her face that I wouldn't have been able to refuse even if I had wanted too, but oh boy did I ever want to kiss her again.

"I think that would be a lovely way to end a great day, that is if you want to?"

Instead of answering Wishes tilted her head towards me and kissed me again. I felt her soft lips open and the tip of her tongue probed gently at my mouth. My mouth opened to accept the warm sweet invader as she ran her tongue over my teeth and softly touched my tongue with hers a couple of times.

As I tried clumsily to return the kiss Wishes groaned softly and pressed her body into mine. I couldn't feel much of her body as it pressed firmly into me as we both had coats on to ward of the chill of an early spring night, but I was in heaven all the same.

Just when I thought my legs were going to give way Wishes pulled away slightly and looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm beginning to like doing that you know. Maybe I like it just a little bit too much. Goodnight Linda" Wishes gave me another soft peck and was off up the path and out of the gate.

"Goodnight Wishes." I said at last to her retreating form. I saw her look over her shoulder and smile at me before with a wave she was gone.

I closed the door behind me and leant against it with a deep sigh of happiness. My god that girl can kiss, if that's how she kisses when she's unsure about things would I survive a full on passionate kiss.

I was grinning from ear to ear as I went and made myself a mug of tea and took it up to bed with a book on female sexuality, after that kiss god did I know I was female and as sexual as hell.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How does she know? * * MINOR SPOILER AHEAD * *

I suspected the girl was important... the name seems a dead give-a-way but how does the mom know?

Our heroine gets some answers but that poses new questions.

Why as a female? Why this place and time?

Why you-know-who?

Why was his wish granted and why in this way?

So many whys.

And what of his late wife? Does she come into this is some way? Or was the wish granted because of her? Or is she just a side character in this tale?

I feel sad for her in that they married for love and remained devoted for life but their love life was so brief, unpleasant and childless.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

And the Question in the Title....

Why is she desperately going to need to remember Graham's original male life?

Eric

Why

Thanks for your comments John.

I hope I manage to answer some of your "Whys" in the coming chapters.
But it is likely that you will have more questions than I have answers.

I think anyone would be worried if they felt their sense of "self" slipping away from them.

Ahaz

How did she know?

Jamie Lee's picture

From previous chapters, it isn't hard to see the interest Wishes has in Linda. It was plan to see when they worked on Linda's home.

A new questioned popped up when Alhana called Linda Graham. How did she know Linda had been Graham? Has she seen him out on the Moor that night? Had she heard his pleas that night? However she knew, she's spot on about her daughter.

Others have feelings too.