One of the Girls - Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

One of the Girls - Chapter 6

‘Sorry Alex I don’t know what you are trying to suggest. I’m not gay at all.’

‘Well it was a simple question. Are you gay or do you like women?’

‘I never thought about it. Yes I like women.’

‘Well I guess you like Bo?’

‘Yes she is very attractive and she makes everybody comfortable around her.’

‘Rob, you do know she prefers women and that she’s not really into boys. Even though she attracts them easily because of her looks and her personality.’

‘I guess I never took any real notice. She is so beautiful and in any case she wouldn’t look twice at me. I’m not exactly the macho type and she must think I’m a whimp. Especially dressed like this.’
I looked across at her as she was acting around with Rachel and Jolie. I was sure she kept glancing towards me and I felt awkward. I knew she’d had a few relationships but the again none had really lasted long. Maybe she wasn’t interested in men. Maybe she was lesbian. But lesbians don’t look hot surely?

Alex just smiled quietly and suggested I find time to talk with Bo and not to be so shy.

‘I can’t really talk to her when I’ve just been given a makeover like this. I must appear like some sort of freak.’

‘it’s up to you Rob. But you can see she likes you so what have you got to lose?’

I sat back as Alex went back down the bus. I had a strange feeling inside me. Here I was with a gaggle of Rachels and dressed like I was one of them. I guess I’d often imagined what it must be like to be Alex rather than me and now I was getting a chance to find out. I was enjoying the day and the friendships and I seemed to have been accepted no questions asked.

Yet I was not really one of them and I doubted that I could carry on the charade for long before somebody clocked me and turned on me. It was getting a bit scary yet for some reason I didn’t care. I liked this feeling and even Alex was treating me differently. I wondered if she’d have preferred a sister to a brother. Especially a brother who was quiet and a bit shy.

Now there was a feeling of excitement and I wanted to explore a bit more. I thought about having a chat with Alex and maybe spending more time like this with her help. I wondered if she’d help me or tell me I was taking the joke a bit far. All in all I was feeling like she would be supportive. So that was a task for later. For now I just was ready to have some fun without having to behave responsibly as mum often preached.

At the moment it didn’t seem to cause any offence or embarrassment to anybody so was it OK? Then the downside. What if they all spread rumours about me? What if I lost my job or it found its way into the local newspaper? OMG that would be horrendous.

Then I jumped as Bo touched my arm and sat beside me. ‘Are you OK? Penny for your thoughts.’ I was speechless. What a beautiful face. And those eyes. Mmm. ‘Come on snap out of it girl. Are you dreaming of some boy or something. You seem to be in a revery.’

‘Oh it’s nothing. Sorry Bo. No it’s not some boy. I’ve not gone that far have I? I was just thinking of the game today and hoping that you and Alex were now OK. What else could I say? I couldn’t say that she had me completely helpless and that I’d been paralised for a few moments.’

‘Rob, or do you prefer Bo now? I hope you don’t feel awkward. I think you look pretty neat and I’ve got to admit I’ve often wondered what you’d look like as a girl when I’ve seen you before. You look a lot like your sister in the face. You have very soft features for a guy and if you don’t mind me saying it’s hard to imagine you as a guy when I see you like this. How cute it must be to be able to switch. I often wondered what it would be like to be one of the guys for a day.’

‘Bo don’t be silly. You’d never convince anybody. Besides you are every mans dream.’

‘Well Robbie-Bo I think somebody got the mix a bit wrong with me. But whilst it has a certain appeal they do have a pretty boring time compared to us girls. Tell me what you think right now as one of the girls? What’s it like to see life from the other side of the fence?’

‘In truth it’s strange. I have the same feelings but I quite like the fun and the rapport. I never felt comfortable in a gang of guys. I was always somehow inferior and inadequate.’

‘Does that mean you are more confident as Bo then? You certainly look better and Rachel seems to have accepted this side of you very easily.’

‘Yes but I know she has wanted me to dress like this because even when we were young she was always pushing me to join her dress up games. Somehow this just happened today and here I am. I don’t know how to get out of the situation so I thought I might as well just join in for the crack. I’ve not ever had the chance to be included in a gang. I don’t like to be a loner but I’ve never been accepted. I guess I’m too boring.

‘Well stick with us and I promise you’ll make up for lost time. The game only lasts 80 minutes on a Saturday but the fun lasts 8 hours at least. Sometimes it’s longer if we have an overnighter. Relax because Alex and I and I’ll make sure you don’t get into any difficult situations. Let’s have a fun night and maybe you can stay over at my place later and that can be your initiation ceremony. Will mummy let you?’

‘Of course she will I’m a grown up.’

Bo started laughing because I was so sensitive and I’d fallen for her little joke.

‘OK if it’s OK but I’m not sure what I’ll look like after I’ve been drinking with you lot. I’ll probably be pretty rough in the morning because I’m not a big drinker.’

‘Come on you can always try the hair of the dog.’

‘But surely you can’t be allowed to drink and play in a team like this?’

‘I know we shouldn’t but sometimes it’s the only way to get my head straight. I need a good bash to let my inhibitions go but as you saw today sometimes I do go too far. But someday I’ll quieten down. I guess I need a serious relationship with someone who can accept me warts and all.’

I switched the subject. Who’s staying over.

‘There’s only Alex and I unless Rach or Jolie decide to crash out.

‘Well I suppose I would like to have some fun. Thanks. Maybe if Rach stays I can stay too.’

It wasn’t long before we arrived in Leeds and the City Square was much busier than I expected. We decided to stick together and in case anyone got lost we’d meet at the drop off place at 2am. That meant it was going to be a long night.

We went into a couple of bars close to the Square that were full so nowhere for a gang our size to get comfortable. So we split up into groups and I was with Kaz, Rach, Jolie, Alex and Bo. Lucky me to be surrounded by such beauty. But then on the other hand I was likely to stand out more than if I’d been with the others who were a bit more on the plain or robust side. But it made me more determined to blend in so I tried to act as demurely as I could like the awkward ugly duckling going through a change and not so sure of herself. I guess they all tried to help me and they teased me a bit if I let my voice slip or if I didn’t walk or sit or stand properly.

I suppose the drinks were having an effect after an hour or so because I noticed that the teasing stopped and I was pushed to the front to take my turn to pay rather than being allowed to give money to Rach. I felt like I was on stage under the lights of the bar and touched my cheeks to reassure myself that there was no sign of stubble. I looked at the mirror across the bar and I did seem to look OK. I looked at my hands as I handed the money to the young guy. He was looking into my eyes and making some comment but all I could do was inspect for manly fingers and hairs on the back of my hand. Phew they were passable. So I finally caught the back end of what he was saying. He was trying to offer us discount tickets to a dance/music bar that was 5 minutes away.

I felt uncomfortable to find myself in the spotlight like this so I excused myself and decided to pop outside for some fresh air where I could get away from the noise and think. It was busier than I expected so nobody seemed to take too much notice of me as drinks just seemed to be consumed at an extraordinary rate. I was feeling a little bit drunk already because of the extra shots we’d been given by friendly barmen and I was concerned incase our drinks were being spiked. Bo came to find me and put her arm around my waist asking if I was OK. She said I couldn’t keep up the pace and not to worry since these bars were well controlled. I took some deep breaths and smiled. She took my hand and walked me back inside.

It seemed louder than ever and as I looked across the bar I saw that Alex was standing on the stage singing at the top her voice and trying to get the rest of us to join her. We had no choice and when she finished I was dragged up together with the others because they wanted to sing ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.’ I pretended I knew the words and tried to follow the actions. There was no hiding now so I just shrugged my shoulders and tried to hide at the back. God I didn’t know if I could keep this up all night or not. I’d never done anything like it before but I had to admit it was fun and as I relaxed I started to enjoy myself.

We got a big round of applause as we left the stage as well as a free round of drinks. Rach was laughing her socks off by now and said she wanted some photos. I tried to resist but what was the point it was impossible. I’d never live this down now. Oh what the heck I decided to play along and we went back up to sing.

As the evening wore on we got louder and louder and I managed to find a drink that was easier to swallow. I tried to put lots of lemonade in white wine. But my head was spinning a bit as we headed home.

Bo and Rach linked arms with me so I could walk straight and I don’t remember anything much after Bo unlocked her front door. Everything was spinning and then all I wanted to do was sleep.

To be continued…..

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well I won't be able to sleep...

Andrea Lena's picture

...okay...between the hyperbole and my already semi-documented sleeping problems, I shall be able to get some sleep. But I will be anxiously awaiting what happens next. I love this story! Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Phew! Just caught up Julie

Sorry for not commenting earlier, I really hve enjoyed this story.

I'd like to be on this team also, sounds like they are a great bunch and have a good time.

Please keep it going we have to see Rob's full transformation asap!

Hugs

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Re-read the entire serial so far, Julie. Most impressed

No immediate.... "KA-CHINK *I* know what was wrong I am a girl" moment.

No forced fem. No collapsing in pain and learning SHE is an intersex girl having her period. No magical or high tech/alien sex change. Not that those *tropes* are not useful and work. Heck I've used several of them myself.

What made this tale *sing* to me was it is just a shy guy doing something to help out his sister and her friends and making friends in the mean time. Plus learning a little about who he is.

So far I don't see him as TG, more the concept of getting in touch with his feminine side. And of a shy person opening up to the world. Hum, what made him so shy. His basic nature or hurt someway as a child? IE betrayed by a so-called friend?

The horrid booze up worries me. But then the rugby guys doing it seems stupid too.

Only the girls could get raped or in a car crash.

Fun to let off steam but to pass out?

And little Bo has a dangerous secret.

Fun so far but with hints of drama. And what of that bully moose of a player on that other team. She has threatened retribution, the cow. And what of the real Bo? A sweet and attractive lesbian who likes this shy, slight man or something else? Maybe she could love him as he is not a macho jerk but a kind and carring soul? Who knows but it will be fun finding out.

BTW for a while I wondered if the moose was another guy in disguise.

-- snicker --

Thanks for continuing this.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yo Julie!

joannebarbarella's picture

I too wonder where it's going, but so far it's Jolly Hockey Sticks and almost St. Trinians style fun, Even Beefy is a bully girl that you can believe in, and I've actually seen the shower scene! When girls get going they can really spray the water around.

Don't keep us waiting too long for Chapter 7,

Joanne

Bo Jangles

Ooh Ms Cole you've given me little Bo jangles n sent me scurryin to the archive as somehow missed a couple of chapters so had wonderful time catchin up before readin this instalment I'm so enjoyin this diversion n look forward to Robbie-Bo honing his reverse stick skills in future chapters k-jo

I was lying down minding my own business when life came by and drove right over me