Wild Magic 54

Printer-friendly version

Wild Magic 54

Kinda short, with a big change. Please comment!

Tim told me that we needed to have a private and very serious talk about our relationship. He asked if it would be all right to pick me up at 7 that night, and I agreed. Of course, as soon as I agreed, I got very anxious. Had I messed everything up?

Please, God, don’t let this be the end of us. I love him so much.

Looking back, I'm amazed at what has happened to us, and how far we’ve come since my transformation. I’ve gone from being a Football player to a Krispy Kritter, and then a young woman, before I found out that I was a witch, learnt that I’m very powerful and potentially immortal, and got engaged to a guy!

Just a few minor changes.

I dressed casually but nice, and then waited for 7. Wow, does this clock need batteries? Maybe I need to wind it? Tim was there early (Thank you Lord!), so we took off in the Jeep. He took me down to the lake to talk. The woods where we usually talk are near a landfill, and sometimes, when the wind is wrong, it gets a bit nasty there. This was one of those nights.

Grand Haven was quiet, with the end of the season, and a bit chilly down by the beach. We parked in the lot of a bar/restaurant, and then walked to the beach. We held hands, and I wondered, is this the last time? I wanted to cry, but I held it together for a while longer. Finally I couldn’t wait.

“Tim, are you mad at me?”

“Mad? No! I love you,honey. Please, never forget that. You’re my world, sweetheart.”

My heart started beating again in relief.

“Then what’s up with the relationship talk? You really had me scared.”

He looked thoughtful for a minute. “I see that I did, and I’m sorry, sweetheart. I promise, I will not ever leave you willingly. I just wanted to suggest possible changes to a few plans.”

“Plans? Which plans, what changes?

He looked nervously at the sand.

“What would you say to a Christmas Wedding?”

“I’d bet our parents would freak, is my first thought. My next thought is to wonder why you want this?”

Tim looked embarrassed and unsure. “I don’t know why, It just seems important.”

I kissed him, and at the same moment I sent a probe into his mind and found just what I had expected, he was being manipulated. I decided to quietly try following his biofeedback to the source of the manipulation, and I scored, big time.

I was in a room with ten women of differing ages. I marked the location, then instantly went back to my mind and teleported myself to the room. My appearance startled them, but I shut them all up with a restraining spell and called Elisabette.

*Hey, teacher!* I called. *Elisabette!*

*On my way, dear* Not even a second later, she appeared in the room.

“Well done, Emily.” She looked around the room, probing. “That one is the leader,” She said, focusing on a middle aged women, dressed in some Goth like clothing. She had black hair, a lacey, knee length skirt with a corset of black leather and a black choker, with golden hoops in her ears. “I need to take a little look.” She closed her eyes, and then reopened them a few seconds later, and the woman in black passed out.

“Most of these are sheep, and only by forming a circle do they have power, which this one (indicating the woman in black), uses to cause mischief. I’ll hold these three, disperse the rest, please.”

The women found themselves in an office, upstairs in a police station, with no idea how they got there, and no memory of Elisabette or myself, nor any recollection of magic.

Back to the fun. Elisabette was listening to the woman in the Goth outfit, who was screaming almost constantly.

“You have no right to hold us! Release us and leave this place, or else!” She hollered, and her friends agreed. Loudly.

Elisabette looked at them and all three gradually shut up. They stared at her, all of them very frightened.

“I am the Sorceress, leader of the prime council. We have many questions, and we will have our answers.”

The only question in my mind was, were these the ladies responsible for the most recent attacks on Tim and I?

I walked up to the Goth woman and took her hand. I scanned through her memories; getting angrier and angrier as I saw that she had been the one who had planned and sometimes caused our accident, my anxiety, Jacks distress and Tim’s impatience.

Elisabette looked at the woman. “My dear, you had better start coming up with answers. You are in extreme danger right now.”

I looked her in the eyes. “This is your car, correct?” I indicated the Impala sitting outside. She nodded. Without ever looking away from her eyes, I crushed her car into a small cube, then ‘ported it inside and dropped it next to her.

“Now I’d like some answers, and I’d like them now,” I said calmly, as I compressed her car like a stress ball. “Who is behind these attacks?”
“I can’t-he’ll kill me!” She said.

“I won’t kill you.” I told her. “You wouldn’t suffer long enough, and I want it to last for a long time. How about a nice set of third degree burns, the pain which doesn’t end? That’s more like it!” I produced a large ball of fire in my hand and approached her, which started her screaming. I think she knew I wasn’t bluffing. My anger was white-hot.

“Okay, Em, let me do this, okay?” Elisabette asked me.

“She's hurt my family, my friends and me!” I cried, turning the flame up even more. “She owes me!”

“Please, don‘t let her burn me! He’s a Demon, his na-” To my surprise, she instantly burst into flames, screaming as she burnt into ashes while I stood there and spit into the flames. The other two women vanished. Whether they were alive or dead, I don’t know. Elisabette stood looking at me, and I could feel her disappointment from where I stood. I burst into tears and teleported back to my fiancé.

I fell into Tim’s arms, crying uncontrollably. “What happened?” Tim asked.

Elisabette appeared. “She was pushed past her boundaries, and her anger almost took over. She will need to have some time to recover, and she will need you, Tim. I hadn’t realized how she affected she had been.”

“She’ll be alright?” Tim asked.

“She needs time, and love, but she’ll be fine.” Elisabette smiled. “She was so concerned with protecting you, and so angry. Take her home, Tim. Hold her, and love her. That’s what she needs.”

Tim helped me to the Jeep, and then he took me home. Elisabette must have said something, because Mom and Grandma just held me, and led Tim and I to the living room.

We spent a quiet night watching some chick flick, drinking cocoa and just holding each other. I felt much better by the time Tim had to head home. Knowing he was there was the best medicine I could have had.

Before I fell asleep, Elisabette came in to see me.

“I just wanted you to know that I wasn’t disappointed in you, Emily. I’m actually quite proud. I feared you might have been too soft, or too angry. Yes, you were angry, but you kept control. You did it just right, sweetheart. Good night.”

I still didn’t sleep well.

up
203 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Holy crapper!

Dang Wren, when you decide it's time to shake her up, you don't do it in any half-measures do you?

Realizing just how far you can go to protect those you love can sometimes be quite debilitating afterwards... That's a good thing. It's the people who can do even worse than she did without even batting an eye that you have to worry about.

That said, it's still going to take her a minute to realize it.

So... our bigger bad this time is some sort of "demon"? This should prove a much more interesting foe. Whether he's actually a "demon" or just someone powerful enough that he was able to brainwash those women into thinking he was, he does seem to be exceptionally strong to not be anywhere nearby but still completely incinerate one woman and make the other two vanish.

Abigail Drew.

Yay

Elsbeth's picture

New Wild Magic, im wondering if any of these people who are attacking her are in real control either. Wonder if he's really a Demon. Good chapter

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

"you were angry, but you kept control."

its not easy to do.

So the demon set up another group to try and get to her?

Because it worked so well the first time ....not!

DogSig.png

Good chapter a little lost..

So did she say tim was a demon before she "instantly burst into flames, screaming as she burnt into ashes " and did tim do that. I read it twice... i wold be a cool twist if i did not read it wrong who better then some one close and above suspect...
HMM I will read it agin looking forward to the next chapter..
Love and Hugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

Nope, no seegar!

No, her enemy has just been exposed as a "male" demon, the one that died was the Goth woman in black (her boss killed her). Tim is her eternally faithful boyfriend.

Wren

Got it

I took me a while but now i have it, that boyfriend thing had me going... Looking for the next chapter no pressure (giggle not much any way) : )
Love and hHugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

Yeah that would be too nasty

Yeah that would be too nasty if Tim was a demon. On the other hand I'd like to know what this demon thing is? The origin of the stone of magic, or one of the girls affected? They already have reality bending power they all use egoistically and then they go and ally with a demon to get more of it? Can you be more stupid than stupidest?

Great story, I wonder what the crew will make of it.
Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

The LAST THING Emily wants is more power!

You must mean the "other" witches. At least in Emily and Eliaabette's minds, all the power has done is ruin their lives. Yeah, Emily has Tim now, but if offered the chance to go back and the Wild Magic had never existed, I think she'd rather be Gabe.

But you're right, these other gals...not real thinkers, are they?

But is the guy a demon? Or even a guy? Wow, I think I'm going to hav e to do some fast writing to get them out of this mess.

Wren

Yeah, I didn't mean Emily.

Yeah, I didn't mean Emily. She has already more power than she could ever use under normal circumstances. After experiencing the free usage of magic at her own body I can understand why she wouldn't want more of it.
The other girls... Well I hope they aren't mindcontrolled again. I kinda crave for some female villians :D

I start to wonder what that demon dude is thinking. He's always doing these small little attacks. Why doen't "he" attack in full force? It's almost as if he wants to train Emily. The stupid influencing of her family and friends... what are they doing it for? Just because they can?

Beyogi

Such a

scary way to live, so much power, so much responsibility. No privacy, no private life!

Good story!

Hugs

Vivien

Wild Magic 54

So, a male demon is after her. Maybe he sees her as a way of accomplishing some goal by either corrupting her or any child borne by her.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Best Question So far is...

Is hew a demon? Or maybe demonic? Or was she being descriptive?

If he's not a demon, how does he have power? Is he perhaps not really a male? Geeze, I gotta find answers for all these questions!

Make me work, why doncha!?

Hee hee!

Wren

Know Your Enemy...

I didn't understand that "spit into the flames" line. Just frustration?

I got the impression that the demon used Em's fireball to destroy the woman. Is that correct? If not, was it only coincidence that had both of them employing fire as their weapon of choice?

Could Em have been manipulated by the demon himself toward that form of threat? A fireball doesn't really seem to me to be the logical extension of crushing the car, and no matter what Elisabette said, Em was under less emotional self-control at that moment than she had been when she coolly followed the manipulation line to the ten women, and then called for her teacher. If there's still a point where Em could be influenced, that might have been it, especially since she was in, so to speak, the devil's parlor when all this took place.

Even if our demon wasn't directly involved that way, it seems only a matter of time before he stops working through intermediaries and goes after Emily directly -- after all, his best chance is to get to her before her increasing power and control become great enough to put a long-term end to his threat. (If he's immortal -- I don't know whether that comes with the job description, and as one comment pointed out, we know only that he convinced his follower(s) that he's a demon, not that he actually is one -- I don't suppose he could be destroyed completely.)

Then again, we don't know enough about him to reach real conclusions. Can he work directly at all? If he incinerated the Goth woman himself, apparently so. But if he used Emily's weapon, maybe not.

We don't really know his ultimate motive here. Is this important enough to him to put himself, as opposed to his disposable minions, on the line? Does he have superiors who can coerce him to do so? Is his own existence at stake?

As you said, a big change. Lots more to learn here.

Eric

Odd our *demon*

Powerful enough to inincerate a witch he controled and wisk away her two most powerful underlings.

YET his attacks are indirect.

HUM?

Fear other godlings will stop him/her if they try a direct approach?

Or not as all powerful as the demon likes to make out?

Or not even a demon?

Curious.

Hum anny clues as to who it is in the artifacts in the house?

And her mentor and her f***Ed up. Why didn't they shield the place? Or given the witch was at the demon's beck and call would that have negated wards?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I like Eric's comment

Maybe he's not a demon, and he used Emily's power without her notice?

Artifacts? Ya mean the ones they faked to attract Thomas? Or the moonstone?

As I've said before,I don't really plan this stuff, I just write what comes into my head, and I do use reader's thoughts (I'm quite willing to admit I use readers idea and suggestions. I'm really not that great a writer.)

By the way,I've been reading Deborah Geary's great series on Kindle, which begins with A MODERN WITCH.
Someone publish these books! Wow! I really get inspired! They tend to be very romance oriented, but they are very well written. I love this series!

I also picked up a genuine "spell book" and some info on Wicca-and I read darn near anything that has witches in it. Hence the changes ahead!

Wren