Wild Magic 9

Printer-friendly version

As I walked towards my class, I noticed several people smiling at me. I figured that people were starting to get used to seeing me around, and they were just being friendly. It wasn’t until Debbie came up that I realized it was more than that.

“Girl, that smile could light up a room!” She laughed at me. “What’s got you so — oh, that’s right! Today is your date, isn’t it?”

I blushed. “Debbie, I'm so excited! I can’t wait!”

“Well, you need to tone down the bright works a bit! The teachers are going to get suspicious at a smile like that. Think about something else, like, oh, I don’t know, maybe the English paper we have to turn in next Friday. What are you using as your topic?”

We discussed possible subjects for our papers, and I was able to get myself to at least look normal. It worked, until I passed Tim in the hallway, and he smiled at me. I blushed, and shyly looked down at the floor, but it was too late. The smile was definitely back!

Amanda Hastings giggled at me. “Someone has a big date tonight, eh, Emily?”

That didn’t help at all. Dang, I was gonna be low on blush juice if this kept up! Umm...Modern Architecture...the American Legal System...Finally I got it under control-I hope!

Lunch was great. Debbie and I sat in the shade of our favorite tree, and she asked if I knew what Tim’s plans were.

“I think he said we were going to dinner. It doesn’t need to be much; I just wanna get to know him better.”

“Yeah, which part, and how much better?” She asked, coarsely.

Shocked, I blushed (again!) and playfully slapped her arm. “Geeze, Debbie! Are you sure you’re not a guy? I haven’t heard anything like that since I was in the locker room!”

She was laughing so hard, she couldn’t catch her breath, and I was worried she would pass out.

“Easy, Deb...c’mon, breathe in...Yeah, take a deep breath...okay, just remember, in and out. You can do it! Dang, girl, I thought I was the blonde one...”

That got her laughing again. I didn’t think it was that funny!

Finally, she got herself under control. “The look on your face was priceless!”

“I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I said, folding my arms together, which made her giggle

“You are such a virgin! I don’t think Gabe had the ability to blush like that!”

“I’m so glad you find me amusing.” I said, and she giggled. “Thanks, I’ll be here all week.”

She dissolved into laughter once again.

By the time she got herself under control, we had to run back to the building so we wouldn’t be late. Unfortunately, we shared our last class, and every time she looked at me, she began to giggle, which got us both in trouble. We apologized to Mr. MacGregor after class, and we got a stern talking to, but no detention (thank you!).

We headed over to Mrs. Andrews’ house, for another lesson in magical morals. As soon as we entered her house, I felt strangely on edge and anxious. I noticed Debbie looked confused at something too. For some reason, I was upset that after these several days here, we hadn't learned anything about actually using magic in our magic classes.

Yes, we actually have to take classes in the reasons we can’t do things that we can do, and why the rule was instituted. Basically, there are so many rules involved with witchcraft that we aren’t learning how to do magic-we’re learning how not to do it. Duh. Why am I wasting time with this crap?

Just take the damn magic away and let me get back to learning how screwed up my life is.

I left after class and went home, feeling more than a little disappointed. One of the only good things about my transformation was the magic, but I spend my time after school learning why I’m just wasting my time?

I’m not really a happy camper right now.

I went in the house doing my best to stay calm. It really wasn’t my Mom’s fault, or my Grandmother’s, really. It’s just that after my change, they made a big deal about having magic, but why? So far as I can tell, all it does is make a mess of my life, and gives me another way to get in trouble.

Of course, because of who I am, I need to “set a good example”, therefore, if I do something wrong, it’s a major deal, but Debbie cast two love spells, basically mind-raping me and Tim, then because of her carelessness, I lose my sports, my class standing, my scholarships, my manhood and basically my whole friggin’ future, and she got grounded?

I don’t bother talking to anyone; I just go to my room to cry.

Naturally, it doesn’t take long before Mom comes to my room to find out what’s wrong. I’m so upset that I don’t want to talk to anyone at all. I’m worried that I’ll say something inappropriate to my Mom, and I really don’t want to do that. I’m just depressed and angry, and my Mom doesn’t deserve my anger.

My life sucks, and I don’t trust anyone, not even Tim right now.

Eventually, Mom and Grandma open the door and come in, and I try to ignore them, but they can be a little insistent. They finally get me to sit up, and then they torture me for information-okay, there wasn’t any torture. Jeeze, try to add a little drama...

They got on each side of me and hugged me. It took a little while before I caught my breath, but eventually I was able to explain that I was upset about the situation, and why.
Mom held me tightly in a show of support, but Grandma had a look of concern.

“Emily, did something happen today? You’ve always known we have to be careful with our magic, but it doesn’t mean you can’t use magic. I’m surprised you could be that upset over a restriction you’ve known about for years.”

Mom looked up at her. “Mama, I think someone’s been influencing her.”

That got my attention. “What was that? Someone was making me feel that bad?”

“Not necessarily.” Mom said. “They may have been exaggerating a more positive feeling, and something happened to interrupt the control. Then the sudden cessation of the influence could have caused this. Your emotions can suddenly react uncontrollably.”

Now I am well and truly pissed.

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ugh. I hate computers sometimes.

I have had several fights with my dang "confuser" while trying to submit this. I went to get it going, and due to some very bad habits, I lost the whole Wild Magic file. Yeah, it just made my day.

Sorry it took this long, and it's all my fault-nobody assisted me in this disaster. Anyway, things are starting to come out-at least for this arc. Tomorrow, the Date (and a few other things). I hope you're enjoying it.

Wren

OOh!!!

I do feel sorry for the person trying to influence her. Howevr I don't think it was done out of malice.

Malice should be her name

Least it feels to me like Debbie is still up to her old tricks

2 out of 5 boxes of tissue and 6 gold starsDesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Short circuit

Either that or the wild magic short circuited the spells. So you had spell 1: Gabe <3 Debbie and spell 2: Tim <3 Debbie. Those two short circuit so Gabe becomes Emily. This way Emily gets a double dose of Emily <3 Tim.

It's like taking a down swing emotionally from being

on a high or going off of anti-D's. Getting screwed with would get me pissed too. But given the events i'd be making sure if it was accidental of not. Grand mothers are good for that:)
Great Story Wren.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

trouble!?

revolution's picture

Hey Wren,

Was it computer trouble or just this file that went missing? hope everything is okay now.

Really enjoying this story.

Can't wait to read the next addition.

No, it's just the dumb user...

I have the incredibly bad habit of finishing my work and then hitting "Save as". I have been working on paying more attention to WHERE I save to. I just assume it's 'my doccuments', but sometimes the computer wants to file them under a file like 'vzx3rh217x5' or some other random number, and then I can never find the file again.

Yeah, I know, it's not really the computer's error, it's entirely due to the idiot pushing the buttons (it's just easier to say computer error, besides, it helps to maintain the fiction of operator infallability).

This is not the first time I've done this-you would think I'd learn. It's just incredibly frustrating to know that the file is in there, somewhere, but I have no way to access it. Argh.

I won't make the same mistake again (well, at least not until the next time), but there's always the possibility of a new screw up.

Don't make the mistake of thinking I dislike computers. Due to some serious problems with manual dexterity and fine motor skills, I can no longer hold a pencil for an extended time. Without a computer, my writing would be over(who said 'YAY!'?).

I'm a trucker. We CAN learn, it's just that sometimes it takes a while.

Hugz, y'all!
Wren

wards

is the teacher's house warded? that could cut off something influencing her. if mom and grandma are such powerful witches their house should be warded too.
good chapter, thanks

This is soo evil. Can't they

This is soo evil. Can't they just let her have some peace? Every motherfucking bitch needs to manipulate her feelings. If it's debbie again, I'll jump into my screen and avada kedavra her myself ^^ or something.
If stuff continues like this she's bound to try to change herself back into gher guy self and fuck off the magic.

thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi

Wild Magic 9

Could it be biological, not magical?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine