Queen of the May Pt 1

Printer-friendly version

Queen of the May Pt One

By Jacquimac
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!!

Synopsis:After suffering from an accident, a young man learns that he has been voted to be the Queen of the May by his fellow students.

[*][*][*]

It never seems to rain, but it pours, or so the old saying goes. At least I can go home today after 2 weeks stuck in hospital again. Don`t get me wrong, the doctors and nurse are OK, it`s just that they talk a lot of gobbledygook when you ask them whats wrong. And on top that it`s so booooring.

Dad tried to explain why I`m in here, but I still didn't understand. So, in the end, they just said it was more tests and I had to accept that. At least this time they didn't cut me open, But getting stuck full of needles is no fun for a 10 year old, at least it`s the last of blood tests or so the doctor said.

Dad arrived to me pick me up and I was already dressed and waiting, he entered the ward and smiled as I ran towards him as best I could wearing leg braces. He picked me and took me down to another clinic were they were going to remove the braces. After we got in the car he told me there was a special letter waiting at home for me. A letter for me? Who would write to me? I wondered what family we had who lived close by so it wouldn't be any of them. Oh well, just have to wait and see what it says.

Before we left town, we stopped at a burger bar I hadn't had any junk food while I was in hospital, and we all know kids have to have their junk food fix ha ha. We eventually arrived home and Mum was waiting on the doorstep, along with my headmaster, teacher and somebody from the parish council.

We live in a village about 3 miles from the town. Everybody welcomed me home and dad carried me into the house as we had to be careful because my legs were still a bit weak from 2 years in braces.

Christmas was on its way, so school would be breaking up for 2 weeks. So until my legs improved, it was decided I would be taught at home with a PT teacher coming to make sure I did the strengthening exercises on my legs.

Great! After 2 weeks of torture, I was going to get it at home as well. Not to matter, though, at least I wouldn't be stuck in bed all the time. My teacher Ms Platt said, "You have missed the election for next years Queen of May."

I just said, "That's OK, they`ll have picked someone real pretty this year."

She just smiled.

The Queen of May or May Queen was voted on by the kids in the village to name their choice of one of the 11 or 12 year old girls as village Queen for a whole year. The Headmaster Mr Brooks cleared his throat, "I don'`t think you would like who has been picked."

"Why wouldn't I like whoever,? I liked everyone and they liked me."

Mum handed me the letter she had been holding not saying anything, Dad had crept out of the room along with councilor waiting for the explosion.

I had a bit of trouble opening the envelope, so Ms Platt opened it for me and handed me the letter to read, I read it twice and couldn't believe what it said.

I looked at everybody stunned,"Is this a joke?"

All I got was shaking of heads. After a few minutes, I read the letter again and said, "Come on! Who`s the joker?"

Ms Platt said, "It was no joke."

I told them there was a major problem, well 2, actually: 1) I wasn't a girl 2) I was only 10.

Dad and the councilor walked back in, everyone said that was okay that: a) there were no girls aged between 11 or 12 for this years contest, b) I would be 11 at the time of the crowning, c) all the boys and girls at school voted for me because they liked me and thought I would make real pretty Queen of May.

[*][*][*]

"Everyone will laugh at me!"

I was assured that nobody would laugh or make fun at me. I sat thinking of a way out, but Mum and Dad told me I was doing it and no arguments as it was great honour to be selected by all the children. It didn't matter how much I protested, I was stuck, every time I though of a reason to get out of it, they found a way to beat me.

I was then told as I had to behave in a lady like manner and as soon as Christmas was over, I would start dressing and learning to be a girl.

Mum asked, "What`s the problem? you play with the girls most of time."

I couldn't deny that.

Dad, the headmaster and the councilor all left, leaving me with mum and Ms Platt, my four older brothers were at school. Mum was looking forward to teaching me to be a girl.

Ms Platt was everyone's favourite teacher, she always had a smile on her face and was always pleasant to everyone. I never knew her to lose her temper even when some off them played up in class. Mum handed me my walking sticks and we left to go to the village shops taking our time, well I couldn`t run. My parents had decided that we wouldn't wait till Christmas to get me into a dress, but hadn't told me, so the first stop was the dress shop.

As soon as we entered, everyone came rushing towards me, oohing and ahhing.Before I knew what happening I was stripped naked, boy was I embarrassed. A couple of hours later we left the shop with me all made up and dressed in the frilliest clothes they had.

The dress was pink satin with lots of lace and a pearl design on it, I kept saying it was too short and that my panties kept showing. The panties matched the dress with rows of lace across the back. I didn't know at the time, "Princess" embroidered in white.

We went to the hairdressers and spent an hour there leaving with me having my hair in ringlets, my ears pierced and toe and finger nails varnished pink.

[*][*][*]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Part One

To Be Continued In Part Two

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Story , But

But why can't it happen to a little boy who always secrectly wished to be a PRINCESS or in this case the QUEEN. Oh what a nice dream I can have with this story HUGS & KISSES --- KUDOS ---RICHIE2

Queen of the May Pt One

Do the parents and students know something that we don't?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I'm just guessing

NoraAdrienne's picture

But, I'm beginning to think that all the yadda yadda yadda this young man tuned out of when the docs were talking have more then just a bit of his parent's reasons for not listening to him turn down this honor.

He's only 10

Faced with the gobblydgook docs spout that can usually baffle even an adult, it's no surprise that a 10 yr old tuned it out. Somebody should have taken the time to present it to him on his level and made sure he understood what was being said.

* * *

"Girls are like pianos, when they're not upright they're grand!" Benny Hill

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Re:He's only 10

jacquimac's picture

It`s not easy to translate a technical data so a child can understand it, I know i`ve tried many times. you have to give children some credit they tend to understand more than they let on. They`re not complete idiots.

But you try and get some highly technical information across to a child and you`ll find it`s not easy no matter how you put it.

jackie

Been there too often

I was born with Cystic Fibrosis, which required a lot of medical treatment when I was young (5-6 to 12 yrs old), and there was always somebody to explain what was happening in terms I was able to understand. IMHO any competent pediatric physician should be able to do so.

* * *

"Girls are like pianos, when they're not upright they're grand!" Benny Hill

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I agree with Karen...

Andrea Lena's picture

...as parents, we owe it to our children to talk with them about life-changing issues. The child here would be in fifth grade in the US. If something other than his legs were damaged or if he had a life-changing illness or physical change, as a ten year old, I believe he could handle the news. Whatever is going on, it almost appears that the 'election' and the subsequent requirement of a pre-pubescent boy to dress in girl's clothing for over a year might have some underlying reason other than that his classmates think he'd make a great Queen of the May.

Even in fiction, a story should make sense in the context in which it is told. Why isn't he protesting more than just self-talk? Why are his brothers accepting him so readily as a sister. For that matter, why would a school accept the decision when it's entirely out of the ordinary. I'm sure that I'm not the only one asking these questions, but I'm trusting that these and others that arise will be answered by you as you move the story foward. Thanks!



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

handling vs understanding

RAMI

"If something other than his legs were damaged or if he had a life-changing illness or physical change, as a ten year old, I believe he could handle the news." I am not sure even an adult can handle what might be bad news, but at 10 he would be able to understand what a comoetent physician would tell him.

RAMI

RAMI

It can't be forced feminisation!

Obviously there is something everyone else knows except him (name not given yet).

He has 6 months in girl mode before mayday, I wonder if someone will let him know before he sorts it out for himself?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

i'm sorry, but htis is rediculous!

PennyElaine
I don't know of any boy who is not a seriously retarded child, who would just accept this. Nor can i accept that parents would have not explained it to him, in words of one sylable. I had kidney trouble at that age, and nearly died. My mother told me that it was a kidney problem, and i had to take it easy, and drink as much as i could, lots of barley water, etc. It was not difficult to accept - I was delighted to learn that i would not be going to school for a while. If they'd had to tell me that for some reason i would be dressing as a boy, I would have asked why, tearfully. If i'd been a boy, and they told me i'd be dressing as a girl, would i EVER have wanted a pretty darned good explanation! Such a thing is MEGGA, HUGE, SHAMEFUL, to boys of that age! The crying and screaming would have been pretty impressive and prolonged, you may be sure.

PennyElaine