Queen of The May Pt 12

Printer-friendly version
Queen of the May Pt Twelve

By Jacquimac
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!!

Synopsis:After suffering from an accident, a young man learns that he has been voted to be the Queen of the May by his fellow students.

[*][*][*]

When we saw the local newspaper on Monday evening, there on the front page was a full blown picture of Billy and me in our costumes. Mum bought a copy of the photo and hung it on the wall, Billy`s parents did the same, but hung their`s over the fireplace for all to see. They were proud of their son.

The village had attracted more visitors this year, and everyone was very pleased that all the hard work had paid off. Billy was the new school hero and reveled in it, although we all knew it would be short lived. He was bit annoyed that he wasn't allowed to get back to his original hairstyle and had to take make up lessons. He did get teased a bit, but it good natured teasing, not vindictive.

We hadn't told Billy about the rest of year yet, his mum and dad wanted to do that in private in case he got a bit rebellious. I don`t think we should have worried as he figured it out for himself and didn't put up too much of a fight. Billy continued to take me to the village dances and we now seen as an item, or as Billy called us "Me and My Shadow" as we were always together.

[*][*][*]

The year went on and in October, disaster struck the village. Foot and Mouth had started to strike the farms, we knew it was going to be hard on the farmers with them watching their livestock being slaughtered. I wanted to stop going to the beauty contests and pageants, but the farmers wouldn't let me.

Frank Maberly came to see me and told me, "The farmers had heard that I wanted to stop everything. I'd been asked to speak to you about why I wanted to stop."

"I want to help."

"What can you do that they can't?"

I couldn't answer that.

He looked me in eye and smiling said, "Look Lass, last year you, had a tough time, this year it`s our turn. Keep competing as it`s one bit of good news when they read that you've won. That's what you can do for us."

He made me promise to continue and I vowed I would try even harder to make them proud of me. Before he left he gave me a hug and said, "We`re already proud of you, Lass, just keep doing what you do best."

[*][*][*]

In reality, there wasn't anything I could do on the farms that were affected as nobody was allowed anywhere near them for fear of spreading the disease to other herds. I told Mrs Clegg what had gone on and she comforted me, saying, "It's just one of those thing that happen and nobody can stop it."

"How sad."

She went to say, "None of farmers would lose anything, she would provide financial help if it were needed and it would be all over soon."

[*][*][*]

I continued the contests with Billy as usual as my escort in his fancy costume, it seemed to catching as some of other villages were starting to provide their Queens with escorts, but none shone like Billy did.

It was almost Christmas before the Foot and Mouth was over and the land was being cleaned, it was decided to hold a Grand Christmas Ball to celebrate the villages success and to lift spirits after the outbreak.

Cost didn't matter and I suspected Mrs Clegg had thrown a lot of money into the pot. We didn't usually have Christmas Lights like they do in the big cities and towns, but this year they made an exception. A private company was brought in and the lights went up, Billy had the honour of switching them on,. It was meant to be me, but I asked that Billy do it as except for being my escort all year, there were no real honours for him, so he got the chance.

Everyone turned up for the ball, the gentleman and boys in dinner suits, the ladies and girls in evening gowns. A banquet was part of the evening, but once everyone was present, the vicar started his sermon.

We had a lot to be thankful for this year even with the out break. It was all very solemn to start with, and for a few minutes after the sermon, the hall remained deathly silent with everyone lost in their own thoughts.

Eventually, the festivities started, they started of with a few presentation with Billy looking very smart in his dinner suit, presenting the awards. After the awards were finished, Frank Maberly got on stage and asked to say a few words. He started of by thanking everyone for supporting the farmers and then looking around and spotting me made a signal to someone.

I was escorted to the stage and handed to Frank he started talking, "We all know this little lass is something special, she was ready to stop everything else to come and help on the farms during the recent outbreak, though what she could do I don`t know. We convinced her to continue with the village activities which she did, and helped keep us going and did better than last year. An outbreak like the last lowers morale on the farms, but every time she won, it gave us a bit of a boost. Well, we've had a bit chat about our special girl and decided to adopt her as our mascot. On top of that, we had a collection and it isn't much, but here's a cheque for 500 pounds for her."

He handed me a cheque and asked, "What I was going to do with it?"

I thought for a couple of minutes and looking at him said, "I would like to use the money to start a fund to help our community."

He gave me a hug and said "We certainly didn't expect that from someone as young as you, but that's what make you special to us, you always think of others before yourself".
 

[*][*][*]

 


End Of Part Twelve

To Be Continued In Part Thirteen
 

Reply to stanman000
Reply to stanman000 Send

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Queen of The May Pt 12

What a sweet young lady she is turning out to be.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Awwwwe how sweet

Sometimes I wish the real world would be as kind as Jaquimac's lovely faerie tale. Kudos to you sister, kudos to you ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

thanks

jacquimac's picture

We all need to escape form reality at times and what better place than in our imaginations.
Unfortunatley not everyone has an imagination

hugs

jackie