What's Taking So Long? - Part 6 of 10

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Never ask your wife, "What’s taking so long?" while she is getting dressed to go out to a fancy dinner. I did, and so far it’s been very interesting.

Story:

What's Taking So Long?


Part 6

Janet had fooled me into going to the Queen's Court by myself, by feigning being ill. She showed up at the club after I did, to enjoy the 'Amateur Contest' in which she had entered me. After the contest we were sitting with Shelly and Cathy, and just talking. The conversation turned to my job hunting when Shelly asked, "Any luck with a job yet?"

"No. No one is hiring.", I said sadly.

"I know someone that might have a job for you."

"Who?"

"Me."

"You!"

"Yes. The day spa has really picked up, and I need Cathy to help with the clients. So, I need a new receptionist. And, I've tossed this around, behind your back, with Janet and Cathy, they were excited, and we think that you would be great."

"I couldn't do that. I'm passable in the looks department, at least that's what you guys tell me, but the voice is still male."

"You can do it, and we can work on the voice. I won't need you as a receptionist for a while yet. But, I have another chore for you. I want you to design, and build a web page for the spa."

"That I can do. But, how do we do the voice?"

"There are a number of ways. I've talked to Janet about them, and I'll let her fill you in later. It's something that you guys need to discuss, and Janet has all the details."

"The web site is no problem. In fact easy. The rest I don't know about."

"Talk with Janet, when you guys are alone. I think she has the answers."

"Ok. We'll talk it over. But, I'll get started on the web page right away. That's the least that I can do for you."

We continued chatting about the web page, the four of us tossing ideas around. We also enjoyed the regular show at the club, six really great girls. Again, we closed the club a two in the morning. And, since both Janet and I drove separately, we couldn't talk on the way home. We decided it was too late to really start discussing the ins and outs of the voice thing, and that we would do it over breakfast or lunch depending on what time we got up.

The Plan

The next morning, actually late morning, I was up first. I tossed on panties, a bra, a pair of shorts, a peasant blouse, and headed for the kitchen. I got the coffee going, along with some eggs, bacon, and toast. The smell from the cooking apparently stirred Janet, as she wandered into the kitchen just as I was buttering the toast.

"Good morning lover. Breakfast sure smells good."

"Morning babe. Have a good sleep?"

"Sure did. You?

"Like a baby."

I put all the food on the table, and we had a nice leisurely brunch. Janet suggested that we take our second cup of coffee out on the patio, and enjoy the weather. We sat at the table, it was a gorgeous late morning, not a cloud in the sky.

"What did you really think of Shelly's offer?"

"I'm really flattered. The web page is not a problem, in fact it will be fun. But, the receptionist thing is something altogether different. I think it would be fun to help at the spa as a receptionist. But, I don't know about the voice thing. "

"Shelly, Cathy, and I had a long talk about this. There are a couple of ways we can do this. First, there is a speech pathologist, here in town, that works with transgendered girls on obtaining a feminine voice."

"And, the other?"

"Well, the second way is much more permanent. It involves surgery. They go in and modify your vocal cords. And, your voice is permanently feminine. Cathy had it done."

"And, which way would you prefer that I go? If I decide to do it."

"It's your decision. I know how you like Briana. But, if you go the surgery route, it's permanent. If you go with the speech pathologist, you should be able to switch."

"You’re skirting the question."

She looked down at her coffee cup, and said, "I love Brian and I love Briana. But, I would like to have Briana around full time. She's a lot of fun. To be honest, more fun than Brian." She then looked me straight in the eyes, and said, "And, I think that you would love to have Briana around full time too." She smiled.

"More fun than Brian? And, you would want me as a full time girl friend?"

"Yes, and a lover."

"You want me to have a sex change?"

"No. Never."

"So, you would want me as, so to say, a girl with extra equipment?"

Still looking me straight in the eyes, she said, "Yes."

"I never knew you felt this way."

"I didn't either, until I saw you the first time on the stage at the club. But, I only want it if you really wanted it."

"Being Briana feels so right. But, I don't know if I want to go full time that way."

"You've been Briana almost full time since you were laid off. And, you say it feels 'so right.' Don't you think it's the right course for you."

"I know. I want it to be the right course for us. But, what about my Mom and my sister?"

"We can go and talk to them. Your Mom knows that you like feminine things. It might not be a big surprise to her. And, your sister is cool."

"Maybe. I need to go for a long walk. Want to go to the lake?"

We got our things together and headed out. Janet tried to make small talk all the way there, and I was deep in thought, and almost didn't hear anything that she was saying. She finally gave up. It was strange, but there wasn't anyone else around our favorite spot. We got our stuff set up, Janet said that she would work on her tan while I took my walk. I headed down the beach, if I walked all the way around the lake it would take about an hour.

My mind was just swimming with thoughts. Live as a woman full time. Have my voice changed. Janet likes Briana. I like Briana. What would my mother and sister say? How would my life change? Could I handle the change? Would Janet really like me full time as Briana? Would she still love me as Briana? These thoughts and other raced through my mind as I walked. I hardly noticed the few other people that were at the lake.

I got back to our spot a little over an hour after I had left. Janet saw me walking up the beach, sat up, and watched me as I walked the last hundred or so yards. I walked up to our blanket, and sat down. She gave me a kiss on the cheek, and said, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

We sat there for awhile just looking at the lake. The walk had done me some good, I was down to two questions. "Honey. There are just two things that I have to answer. If either one is negative, then there would be no way that I could live as Briana full time. If there positive, I can do it. But, I need full support."

"Baby. You know you have my full support."

"I know, but I need a promise from you."

"Ok."

"Promise that you'll never leave me. If you did, I don't think I could go on."

"Baby. I made that promise when I married you. And, I'll keep it forever. I love you as either Brian or Briana, and will never stop loving you." And, she kissed me very passionately.

"I figured that's what I would hear, but I needed to hear it from your sweet lips. Now the other, I'll call Mom when we get home and plan a visit."

"Do you want me to call her?"

"No, I'll do it. I need to. What's to eat?"

We ate what Janet had packed. Picked up our things and headed home. As we were unloading the car, Janet asked, "What are you going to say to her?"

"I don't know. I'll just play it by ear."

I waited until the evening to call. "Hi Mom. How are you?" . . . "Great. We're both just great. How's Kate?". . . "Good. No, I've got a line on a job. I just have to work on some of the details.". . . "It's not a top paying job, but it's better than sitting around and doing nothing. And, it could be fun." . . . "In fact Janet and I want to come and visit. We have something that we need to talk to you and Kate about." . . . "No. No one is sick. It's just something that we need to talk about." . . . "Sure thing, we'll see you tomorrow." . . . "Love you, too. Bye."

I looked at Janet, took a deep breath, and said, "Well I need to get back to Brian for the trip. But, I'm taking all of Briana along. And, we need to get an early start tomorrow." It was a three hour drive to Mom's house and I wanted to be there around ten in the morning. Janet sat next to me and wrapped her arms around me in a big hug that lasted a long time. I was quietly crying.

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know. It just came over me."

"Baby. It's going to be fine."

"I know."

We proceeded to put Briana away and pack her clothes for the trip. We went to bed early, and had a great round of sex. Janet took the dominate role, and really kept things hot. We finally fell asleep around ten. I didn't sleep much, just tossed and turned all night.

The Trip

On Sunday morning were up around five thirty. Grabbed a light breakfast, and headed for my Mom's house a little after seven. The trip flew by, the three hours seemed like one. As we pulled into the driveway the dog, Bud, started barking. Mom didn't need a door bell. She met us at the door, with the usual hugs and kisses. Kate was standing right behind her. More hugs and kisses. "Come in. Come in. I'm just fixing some tea. Would you like some?"

"Of course we would, Mom."

We walked into the house that I had grown up in, and into the kitchen where I had eaten many, many, meals. Mom got the tea and cookies. And, we sat at the table, sipping tea and eating cookies, and sharing small talk.

Finally mom asked, "All right, what's up with you two that we had to have a face to face talk?"

I looked at Janet and she looked at me. I took a deep breath, and started, "I don't know if Kate is aware of this or not. But, Mom, I know you are. I lost a bet to Janet a few months ago, and it really brought this whole thing out.”

Looking at my sister, I continued with, “Kate, when I was growing up I had a thing for feminine things. I use to wear yours and Mom's things. I didn't know that Mom knew until I lost the bet, and Janet told me. She didn't know if you knew or not."

Kate smiled, and said, "I knew. Mom said to keep it quiet. That Dad didn't need to know. So, I never said anything."

"If Dad had ever found out, I would have never been able to sit down." I went on to tell them about my time at the day spa and the special services there, going out, the support group, the club, all the new friends, and how I felt when I was Briana.

Then I dropped the bomb with, "I've been offered a job at the day spa as receptionist and web mistress. It requires me to present myself as female. I've thought long and hard about it, and it's something I want to do. But, I need your support, and understanding. In order to present as a female I need to change my voice, either by going to a speech pathologist and learning, or having surgery on my vocal chords which would be a permanent change. If I go with the surgery, I'd be living as a woman full time. I don't think I could handle changing back and forth between Brian and Briana."

Mom asked, "You’re not going to have a sex change, are you?"

"No. Absolutely not."

"How does Janet feel about this?"

"I support Brian completely in this, Mom.”, Jamet said, “I've really enjoyed having Briana around, it's been a lot of fun. Briana is more at ease and easier to get along with than Brian. It's a completely different person, but the same person. If you know what I mean. There have been some trials and tribulations, but we've overcome them. We've had some long talks about this. It's what we both want."

Kate asked the usual question, "You’re not gay or bi are you?"

"No, Sis. I love Janet and only Janet. And, of course you guys."

"I was wondering about the eyebrows. They're too neat for a guy."

"Sis, you're the first one to notice, or at least comment about them."

"Would you like to meet Briana?", Janet asked.

"I think that might be nice.", Mom said.

Kate with a twinkle in her eyes, just said, "Yes."

Janet looked at me, and said, "Go get her."

"This will take a little while. So, you three enjoy your visit."

I got up, walked out to the car, and retrieved my bag from the trunk. I headed upstairs to my old room, that Mom kept for our overnight visits. She hadn't changed it much from when I lived there. It always brought back found memories. I laid out the clothes, got out the breast forms, wig, and makeup case. I stripped, put on a strapless bra, placed the forms in them without glue, put on the gaff, slipped on a pair of panties, sat down and put on a pair of panty hose. I took the wig, and makeup case to my Mom's room, sat at her dresser and proceeded to transform myself from Brian to Briana. I went back to my room, and finished dressing. I had brought along a new off the shoulder peasant blouse and matching long skirt. I slipped on a nice turquoise necklace and matching bracelet. I added a couple of matching earrings, I love having my ears pierced. A little of my favorite perfume in the right places. And, last but not least my favorite pair of sandals with a two inch heel. I went back to Mom's room to take a look in her full length mirror. And, there stood Briana. I primped my hair a little, and was ready for the unveiling.

I slowly walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Mom and Kate had their backs towards me. Janet saw me standing in the door, smiled, and said, "Mom. Kate. I'd like you to meet Briana."

Mom and Kate turned towards the door. Kate's eyes got as big as saucers. Mom just stared, I saw a tear in her eye, her hand went to her mouth, and she said, "Oh my!"

"Mom don't cry. I'll go change back."

"No. No. I'm crying because you’re so beautiful. Kate, go stand next to him, I mean her."

Kate got up and walked next to me.

"Janet. Look at the two of them. Don't they just look like sisters?"

"Yes. They're almost identical. Briana is taller. But, they are both so much alike."

"Come and sit. Lets talk some more."

We talked like four girl friends for the next hour. I felt that Mom and Kate were really accepting of Briana, and what we were planning. I think Mom could accept me has her second daughter. We then decided to go to a local restaurant for a late lunch. Everyone knew Mom and Kate there, so I was going to be Mom's niece. We then drove over to the cemetery, to visit Dad's grave, at Moms insistence. There Mom told us that Dad's youngest brother, that I had never met or had known about, was gay. And, that the family had disowned him, and no one knew what had happened to him. We then headed back to Mom's. She fixed coffee and we all had a piece of cake. Mom got out the camera, and took a number of pictures of everyone, me by myself, me and Kate, me and Janet, the three of us, and then a shot of all four of us using the cameras timer. We left around five, so that we could get home in time for Janet to get ready for work on Monday. I didn't change back into Brian, and it surprised Mom that I was really that comfortable with my feminine self to drive for three hours.

As we were driving, we talked. And, Janet said, "Your Mom, Kate, and I had a nice talk while you were changing into Briana. I explained how I felt, and about all the talks we had, had. I think that they understand how you feel, and where you’re taking this. They love you very much, and support you completely."

"I felt the same thing, while we were talking at lunch. It's like they knew that Briana was always there while I was growing up, at least Mom did. I felt the support grow the longer we were together, it was like it was the way it was meant to be. I feel like a real load has been lifted off my shoulders."

"I wish I had a camera when your Mom saw you for the first time, and said 'I'm crying because you’re so beautiful.’ The look on your face was priceless."

"You should have seen hers."

We smiled at each other.

Just before we arrived home, Janet asked the loaded question, "Have you made a decision?"

"Yes. I have the support from the people that mean the most to me. I love being Briana. I think it's going to be a go."

I saw a smile on Janet's face.

I called Shelly. "Hi Shelly. It's Briana." . . . "Great trip. Very worth while." . . . "Yes." . . . "Yes." . . . "Mom and Kate were very supportive. My Mom now has a second daughter." . . . "Yes, I'd love the job. And, yes I'll start working on the voice right away. What's the name and the phone number of the doctor that Cathy used." Janet looked at me first in shock, then with a smile. "Ok, got it. I've got a start on the web page. I'll have something for you to look at in a couple of days." . . . "Talk to you later."

"You’re going to see the doctor?"

"Yep. I want to know about all the options. I also want the name of the voice pathologist?"

I got a very long deep kiss. And the romp in bed was truly amazing. I really love it when Janet takes control.

- End Part 6 -

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
164 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Happy for Briana

... that she has her emotional support base lined up. She is going the route Jamie did from "Salt & Pepper." I am sad she lost her job, but the new seems to be some thing she is looking forward to. The best jobs are the ones that are fun and do not seem be anything other than fun.

Keep up your writing Teddie! *hugs*

Sephrena Miller

What's Taking So Long? An apology.

This story was written in 2003 before I started using grammar checking, either visual or computer driven. So, I apologize for any errors along those lines.

Teddie

Love it so far.

Bobbie Sue's picture

Teddie S.

I'm new here and prefer not to say much, but I love your writing style. Keep it up!

Bobbie Sue