Pete's Vagina -50.1- Touchback

Printer-friendly version

Did anybody still remember I used to be a boy?

PV1-cov-001_2.jpg
Pete's Vagina
50.1 - Touchback
by ErinHalfelven

Was everybody acting a little crazy? Including me…

I sat there for another few minutes, then suddenly stood when I remembered that Jordan had left to go find some lipstick for me. Luckily, I didn’t have to go through the rest of the house to make my escape. I ducked out the laundry room door into the backyard, where Wug greeted me with a cheerful, “Guh-roof!” before going back to exploring what might be a gopher mound in the far corner of the yard.

Dad wasn’t home --probably watching the game somewhere with some of the other football dads-- and I wanted to avoid Mom, Jordan and Molly, so that meant back to Baby Blue and going somewhere.

It was still two hours before Lee would arrive to take me to the movies.

I tried to pull that thought back. He wasn’t taking me to the movies, like on a date. We were just going in his van. Together.

I groaned as I started Blue up, the engine purring smoothly to life; I wished my brain were running half as smoothly, but the stuff between my ears seemed to be firing on only five of six cylinders.

What had Lee really been thinking when he asked me out? What had I been thinking when I accepted?

The cheerleaders, except Joanna and Megan, seemed to believe I’d always been a girl. And Jordan? Her too, I thought. And number 17 of the ‘Dogs?

Did anybody still remember I used to be a boy? Jake?

I cruised Friendly’s main drag while I tried to think about it. I did remember being a boy myself… didn’t I?

I had to pull over, my hands shaking. I was right in the middle of downtown, a few doors down from the Traildust Cinema. But that wasn’t where Lee and I were going to see the movie. The sci-fi feature was at El Tesoro, the drive-in outside town. Both of them owned by Joanna’s family.

I sat for long enough that I ended up having to move the car so people coming to see the Sunday matinee could park. Lee would be coming to my house at three. Or was it at two? My thoughts were jerking around like a Mexican jumping bean.

I followed the loop around the airport, resisting the urge to take the turn toward the trailer park where Megan lived. I had no idea if she was home, and what would I do if I went there and she was? Have a good cry?

Unexpectedly, an image of Megan’s brother Travis came to mind. Not any sort of reasonable recall of him decently dressed, but that glimpse I’d had of him in his fiddle-decorated underwear sleeping on the couch.

I groaned, turning Blue east to drag Main Street going the other direction, my thoughts also circling back toward my rendezvous with Leland Frick. Why had he changed our meet-up to three when the movie didn’t start till seven?


Read ahead on Patreon: Chapter 50.2 https://www.patreon.com/posts/petes-vagina-50-103516358

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Why did Leland change the time?

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Oh, why indeed? I cannot imagine . . . . :)

Poor Pete. I wonder how hard it would be to hold on to your own memory of reality when no-one else remembers it the same way. You would need a very strong sense of self . . . not sure Pete’s got that. And, if Jake doesn’t remember, Pete’s new hormones will work overtime to convince his mind that everyone else is right after all.

Emma