The Past Comes Knocking Part 22

Printer-friendly version

Thursday Evening, The Abbey, St. Ives, Cornwall, England:
Archie had arrived early and ordered some dinner. Since he was early and didn’t eat anything before leaving the house. He already knew the food was good, from having lunch here before.

His server was a young woman with black curly hair. She had a light accent to her speech when she spoke, and was kind of cute. He’ll have to ask his sister what her name is. He watches as she walks back towards the kitchen to place his order.

As he scans the restaurant, he spots an older woman sitting at a corner table by herself enjoying a glass of wine. Every so often, her server would walk over to her and either refill her glass or check to see if she wanted anything else. He spots her looking towards the kitchen area occasionally.

He also noticed how the restaurant wasn’t as busy as it normally was when his friend visited last time. He didn’t know why, because the food his sister made was better than some of the high-class restaurants he had gone to. He wasn’t a food, foodie and posted about where he ate.

His interview with the Secret Service division had gone well and was approved for training. He was informed that he would begin training within two weeks. He was also informed that once his training began, he couldn’t tell anyone what he did.

Which he understood. On the day he went for his final interview, he spotted a young woman with emo-colored purple hair walking by him. He was surprised to see someone like that among a bunch of professional agents and supervisors. The thing was, whoever she was, she was able to enter places no one else was allowed.

Edith had been invited by her daughter to come to the meeting of her twin sister. She was surprised that Amelia’s twin was still alive. She thought she had died along with everyone else. She wonders how Aylin looks and where she has been hiding all these years. She also wonders if the stories were true that she was the wanted criminal the Mad Hatter.

While she was sitting at the table Amelia kept reserve for her and enjoying a glass of her favorite wine. Her server Kelly, was tentative to her and would refill her glass and bring her something to nibble on. She loved the appetizers Amelia sent out to her.

While she is sitting at the table, she notices Amelia’s stepbrother come walking into the restaurant and is escorted over to table five. She knew the arrangement of the tables and why her daughter arranged the restaurant that way. As she is enjoying her wine, she wonders how Aylin looked after all these years. Sure, she saw the pictures her daughter showed her, but seeing a person on a video and seeing them in person is another thing.

The young girl Amelia found digging through her trash, was at home with her husband and her grandchildren. The poor thing had been abused and was malnourished. She felt sorry for the poor girl but knew she’d have a better life with her daughter.

The restaurant slowly starts to close for the night. The bus boys and some of the servers who have been working for her daughter for a while were in the process of cleaning the place. They were surprised that a young man was staying behind. They knew Amelia’s mother was known to stay behind to talk with their boss. As they leave one by one with take-home orders their boss always made for them. They wave good night. One of the servers heard a commotion coming from the back of the restaurant.

Their curiosity gets the best of them and when they walk back towards the noise. They spot two guys and a woman watching a woman with red hair who looked like their boss, beating the daylights out of two guys. They heard one of the guys watching the fight say that they messed with the wrong woman.

Bret, Angel, Mark, and Aylin had arrived early and saw that the restaurant was still open. Mark figured since the place was still open, they would scout the area out. Mark knew Aylin wanted to stretch her legs for a while. Since it was a big area, they went ahead and split up. Angel and Bret teamed up since Angel couldn’t speak. He went by himself and Aylin went by herself.

He was heading back towards their meeting spot when he heard a commotion coming from behind the restaurant. He went to investigate and saw Hatter being attacked by two well-built guys. He was about to interfere when he spotted his wife drop one guy like a rag doll.

A smile appears on his wife when he watches her work. He knew she was enjoying herself. He hears footsteps running towards him. He turns to see who it is and spots Bret and Angel running towards him. He stops them when they want to help out.

“Let her be. She’s got this.” Mark knew these guys were going to end up going to the hospital after his wife got done with them.

Bret and Angel looked at Mark like he was crazy. They were told to protect him and his wife.

“Mr. Jagger, we can’t do that. We were told to protect you guys.” Bret knew he could get in trouble.

“I bet that wasn’t Mrs. Basset’s concern. I bet she wanted you guys to protect whoever was dumb enough to attack us.” Mark knew how deadly he and Aylin were as a team and individually.

Henry and his friend had decided to work over the red-haired woman who turned Amy over to the authorities. Amy’s mother had gotten a visit from child services over the abuse her daughter had received from her. Since he knew where to find the woman responsible. He was going to wait until her restaurant was closed and then attack her.

Henry was surprised to see her walking around outside by herself without her purse or anything. He and his friend had managed to surprise her and when he went to work her over. She did something he hadn’t expected and was finding himself and his friend getting their ass's hands on them.

He didn’t realize this red-haired woman was such an experienced fighter. Just as he is knocked out, he spots three other people standing and watching them fight.

“That’s my girl.” Mark walks over to Aylin when she knocks both people out.

Aylin turns around when she hears Mark’s voice. She didn’t have a mark on her “This guy wanted to hurt my sister.” As she kicks the guy in his stomach.

“How come, sweetie?” Mark was curious.

“Over some girl.” Aylin looks down at the guy.

“Well, I think he learned his lesson.” Mark had a cheshire smile on his face.

“He’s lucky I didn’t kill him.”

“Why don’t you two head inside? We’ll handle this.” Bert figures he and Angel didn’t need to be there at the family reunion.

“Okay. If you need us, you know where to find us.” Mark escorts Aylin toward the front of the restaurant.

Just before he knocks on the door, he looks at his wife “Are you ready for this?”

“No, but I want to see if what Archie said is true.” Aylin takes a deep breath to relax.

“Well, I’m here with you, sweetie.” Mark holds his wife’s hand.

“Thanks” Aylin places a kiss on Mark’s cheek.

“And away we go,” Mark says in his best Snagglepuss voice.

Mark knocks on the restaurant door and spots Archie’s face appears. He spots a smile appear on Archie’s face as he unlocks the door and opens it.

“Thanks for coming sis.” As Archie steps aside to let them in.

Amelia and Edith were standing nearby when they heard the knocking on the door. Amelia was holding her mother’s hand as they watched
Archie open the and then step aside. The first person to walk through was a black-haired guy wearing a business suit. There was a smile on his face.

They watch as he walks past Archie. Behind him was a woman identical to Amelia, except a little shorter. Both women cover their mouths.

“I don’t believe it.”

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I was hoping

Henry and his friend would stop in while Amelia and Aylin were meeting. If Aylin couldn't handle them by herself (she did!) Mark was there to lend a hand. Having Brett and Angel there was just icing on the cake.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin