The Past Comes Knocking Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Archie watches the GPS on his cell phone as he drove towards the restaurant owned by his older sister. He had the top down on his Aston
Martin and was enjoying the warm weather. Music was blaring from the radio and his best friend George was sitting next to him.

“Dude, why are we driving all the way out here to St. Ives?” George looks at Archie for an answer.

“George, remember when I told you I have an older sister, but she died when she was eight years old?”

“Yeah, didn’t you say your father had put her in a mental hospital, because she killed her mother?” George remembers seeing a picture of a woman holding a baby when he visited Archie’s house.

“That’s what I was told. However, what I wasn’t told was that my older sister had a twin.” Archie had come across the paperwork written in a woman’s handwriting that had been buried in another storage trunk along with a picture of two female babies.”

“You’re joking, right?” George couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Nope, it seemed that my birth father was a royal prick and tried to hide my other sister.”

“How did you track your other sister down and are you sure she is your sister?” George figures that were where they were heading.

“Oh, I’m sure the woman I located is my sister. There’s too much resemblance between her and me. Also, the midwife that delivered my sisters never had a daughter until a few days later.” Archie had done some research into the midwife that delivered his sisters.

“How do you know all this?” George knew Archie was smart.

“I did some research, into my family.” Archie was thinking about joining MI5. Plus, he wanted to know more about his family.

“Are you still thinking about working for MI5?” George knew Archie has always wanted to join MI5. It has been his dream since junior high.

“Yep, you know it’s been my dream.” What Archie couldn’t tell his best friend was that he has already applied and was accepted.

He was just waiting to do his training. Until then, he was free to pursue other interest. He hated keeping secret about being accepted, but it was necessary.

“So, is our trip still on for New York?” George heard about the trip from Theo.

“Yes, it is. I’m going to arrange for us to stay at a nice hotel.” Archie remembers the last hotel he and his friends stayed at. Actually, it was a
house of a family friend when they went to Germany.

“Well, I can’t wait to meet some American women. I heard they are easy to seduce.” George was thinking about having some fun.

“That’s what you said about the German women and you ended up getting your face slapped.” Archie remembers one woman slapping his friends face so hard. He bit his tongue.

“I’m not going to make that mistake again.”

“Right.” A smirk appears on Archie’s face.

After thirty minutes they finally arrive at the restaurant. Archie finds a nice parking space and parks.

“The Abbey, nice name.” George follows behind Archie after they exit from the car.

As they walk into the place, they are met by a young Asian looking woman. George looks at her and loved how she looked.

“Hi, welcome to the Abbey.” Sara smiles at the two young men as they come walking up to her.

“Hi, we would like a table for two if any are available.” Archie noticed how busy the place was.

“If you’ll follow me, please.” Sara knew of a table available.

She grabs two menus and escorts them over to the table “here you go. Your server will be right with you.”

“Thank you.” As Archie accepts the menu from her.

George watches as the waitress walks off. He turns and faces Archie “so, where is your sister?”

Archie looks at all the servers and didn’t recognize any of them. “She’s here. She owns this restaurant.”

“Maybe we can get our meal for free, then.” George opens the menu and look at what he might want.

“I doubt it.” Archie looks at the menu as well.

After a few minutes, a young woman with dark hair approaches their table. The name tag she was wearing said her name was Patty.

“Hi, what can I get you gentlemen to drink?” Patty looks at the two young men sitting at her table.

“I would like a Coke Cola, please.” George looks at the young woman.

“And you sir?” Patty looks at the other guy.

“The same please.” Archie looks at Patty when spoke.

“I’ll be back with your drinks.” Patty turns and walks off.

George watches as Patty walks off and likes how her butt wiggled. He loved how it was shaped and how the tight pant she was wearing showed it off.

“If the chef here is your sister, she knows how to hire some cute servers.” A smile appears on George’s face.

Archie just shakes his head. He knew how George was when he was around women. He looks through the menu and notices his sister wasn’t opened for breakfast.

“I wonder why she’s not open for breakfast?” Archie was curious about that.

“Ask her when you talk with her. You do know it’s your turn to buy lunch, don’t you?” George looks at his friend.

“Yes, I know.” Archie just shakes his head.

A few minutes later their waitress comes back with their drinks. Patty places the drinks in front of each guy.

“Are you gentlemen ready to order or do you need more time?” Patty had her order pad out.

“We’re ready. Do you happen to have a chef here that is named Amelia Ann Alston?” Archie looks at Patty when he asks.

“Yes, we do. She’s the owner.”

“Would it be possible for you to give her this note for me?” Archie pulls out a note he prewritten before leaving home.

“Sure.” Patty accepts the note and tucks it in her apron.

“As for our order.” As Archie and George place their order.

Archie watches as Patty walks away and head towards the back of the restaurant.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Siblings Always seem to Know

BarbieLee's picture

Even separated in childhood or birth siblings always seem to know they had a brother or sister. They have an uncanny knack for recognizing their sibling even if not twins. A bonding of souls I guess?
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
A few potholes in life is meant to strengthen us not break us.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl