The Past Comes Knocking Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Late Afternoon Aylin’s House:
Bree was coming downstairs with her hands full with her dirty laundry basket. Since she has gotten older, her mother started making her wash her laundry. She didn’t mind because she knew her mother was preparing her for when she decided to go to college and get her degree in sports medicine and teaching disabled children like herself.

Just as Bree walks by the foyer, the doorbell rings. She stops and walks towards the front door. She looks at the image of the person standing on the other side of the door on the small video monitor mounted next to the door. She didn’t recognize the person. She puts her dirty clothes basket next to her and opens the door.

Archie had taken a cab from the hotel, and his friends were staying. George had gotten together with the girl he met at the gym the other day. He was surprised when the cab driver dropped him off at a normal-looking two-story house with a two-car garage. He noticed that it had an eight-foot-tall privacy fence that came off the corner of the garage and went back behind the place.

The front yard was well maintained, with flower beds planted in front of the house. He walked up to the front door and pressed the doorbell. He had a feeling he was being watched. He couldn’t put his finger on it or locate the hidden cameras he figured his sister had guarding the house.

After a few minutes of ringing the doorbell, it opens, and a young girl with light brown hair dressed in a pair of shorts and a baby blue t-shirt with a picture of the Mad Hatter from Disney. Under the image was a saying, “I knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then.”

He also noticed she had an artificial left leg as well. It looked like it had a flesh covering, but it looked more solid than her right leg. It also looked more hi-tech than a normal artificial leg.

Bree looks at the young man standing on the other side of the door. His hair was darker than hers, and he had a handsome look.

“Can I help you?” Bree was curious about who he could be.

Archie recognized that the young girl standing before him was his sisters’ oldest daughter. He had seen her in a few pictures with Aylin and her husband.

“I’m here to see your mother, Bree. Is she in?” Archie smiles at Bree.

“How do you know my name? And who are you?” Bree watches the strange man standing before her.

A smirk appears on Archie’s face. “I’m your mother’s half-brother. Can I come in and speak with her?”

Bree looks at the man suspiciously. Her mother never mentioned having a half-brother.

“If you are my mother’s brother. Where was she born?”

“Ravenstonedale, England. A midwife delivered her.” Archie was impressed that Bree wasn’t taking his story at face value.

Bree was still debating about letting the man into the house. She figures he could easily push by her if he wanted to. She steps aside to let the gentleman into the house.

“Thank you.” As Archie walks by Bree.

He hears Bree close the front door behind him. He noticed the house had a small foyer and a set of stairs not to the left of the foyer. He turns
around to look at Bree and noticed she had picked up a basket of clothes.

“Laundry day?” Archie figures Aylin must make her oldest do her clothes.

“Yes. If you’ll follow me, please.” Bree leads Archie from the foyer into the kitchen, where her mother was fixing dinner.

Archie follows behind Bree as she leads him through the house. He could smell a nice aroma floating in the air. He notices he was escorted into the kitchen, where he spotted his older sister cooking.

“Mom, this fellow says he is your brother.” Bree watches her mother.

Aylin turns around when she hears her daughter’s voice. She looks at the young man standing near Bree.

“Archie, what brings you to America?” Aylin wondered why her half-brother was there.

“It’s good to see you, Aylin.” Archie noticed that Aylin wasn’t coming around to greet him.

Bree looks at her mother and back at the young man. She wonders why her mother never spoke about her having a brother before. She hefts the basket higher on her hip ‘I better get my laundry going.” As Bree walks off toward the laundry room downstairs.

Aylin looks at her brother. “How did you track me down?”

“The pictures that had been taken of you. Your face might not be covered in the makeup you used to wear, but I still recognize you without it.”
Archie watches his older sister.

“Okay, what brings you to me now, after all these years?” Aylin wanted the truth from her half-brother.

“Because I want to learn more about you and what drove you to kill our father. Also, I came to tell you you have a twin sister.” Archie watches Aylin’s reaction.

Aylin looks at her brother. “This better not be a sick joke, Archie. I know for a fact that I don’t have a twin.”

“You think you know, Aylin. I have proof to show you that we have another sister and that she is your biological twin.” A smile appears on Archie’s face.

Aylin looked at her brother with a skeptical look on her face. Her childhood memory was still a little fuzzy, and she didn’t have a twin as far as she knew.

“Show me the proof.” Aylin wanted to know why she didn’t know she had a twin.

“First, you must answer a few questions before I do.” Archie watches his sister.

Aylin looks at her brother and wondered what he wanted to know. She also didn’t feel like playing games either. She narrows her eyes. “Fine, but if you lie to me about having a sister. You’ll see why I was called Hatter.”

Archie heard the threat in Aylin’s voice and felt a shiver. He knew this wouldn’t be easy, but he hoped she had changed some since she was older.

“My first question is, why did you kill our father?” Archie wanted the answer to that question the most.

‘Because the bastard put me in the mental hospital and left me to rot. He told the doctor who ran the place that he could use me as his guinea pig for his horrific experiments. He didn’t care about me. All he cared about was having a son instead of a girl. He was also cruel and abusive toward my mother and killed her.” Aylin still has nightmares of her mother being pushed by her father.

“What exactly did the doctor of the place do to you?” Archie wanted to know what his sister suffered through.

A smirk appears on Aylin’s face. She puts the knife in her hand and looks at her brother “he electrocuted me and pumped me full of drugs that wrapped my body and mind. He used me to conduct his research into what makes people fear certain things and such. If that weren’t enough, he would remove sections of flesh off my body so that you could see my muscles and veins under an onion skin layer.”

Archie couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He wonders how the doctor got away with it.

“How often did he do this to you?”

“Whenever the mood hit him. His favorite torture was electrocuting me. He loved that the most. He would attach electrodes to different parts of my body. That included shoving a metal dildo inside my anal opening and vagina.”

Archie flinches when he hears what was done to his sister. He wonders how she survived it.

“Is that what drove you to become the Hatter?”

“Between that and being pumped full of experimental drugs and such, yeah. I didn’t know what was real or fake anymore. I wasn’t his only victim. Others were older than me that he experimented on. I was just the lucky one that survived what he did.” Aylin could recall the others that didn’t survive the experiments conducted on them.

Archie shakes his head. He opened the folder he had with him and lay it on the counter so Aylin could look at it.

“Here is the proof of what I found, Aylin.” Archie knew it would take proof to prove what he said about her having a twin. His other sister wanted proof.

Aylin washed her hands and came around to see what her brother had brought. She sits down on the stool next to his and looks through everything.

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tread carefully, Archie

Hatter is very close to the surface right now.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin