The Past Comes Knocking Part 26 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

In the upcoming days, plans were set in motion for Amelia and Aylin’s families to meet at a location owned by the Bounty family. The place was big enough for everyone to stay. Amelia informed her executive chief John Pierra that she would be taking a few days off for personal reasons and was leaving the restaurant in his capable hands.

She knew John wouldn’t let her down. As for her family, she tells her girls that they will be visiting a friend and that they should pack for a few days. She already got in touch with their teachers and got whatever classwork they will be missing while they are gone. As for her husband, she knew he made arrangements already.

As Amelia is packing, she stops and looks at herself in the mirror directly in front of her. She has always felt something was missing in her life, but she could never put her finger on it. Now everything made sense to her about the horrible dreams she used to have when she was younger.

She had read somewhere that identical twins have a close bond and that sometimes that bond allowed them to experience pain or memories from each other. Now she knew the truth about why things in her past happened and she didn’t know why. She had seen the same thing with her girls since they were like her and Aylin.

As she finishes packing and helping her husband pack their luggage into the car. She hopes her girls like their new aunt.

“Mom, where are we going?” Carrie looks at her mother when she asks her.

“You’ll see sweetie. I don’t want to spoil the surprise.” A smile appears on Amelia’s face as she looks at the directions she was given to the place.

Ralph looks at his wife and smiles. He hopes the girls like their new aunt. He starts the car up and drives towards the location.

Archie’s Place:
Archie is surprised to see a friend of his from school. He looks at her “Natalie, what are you doing here?”

“What? Aren’t you glad to see me?” Natalie smiles at Archie as he walks over to his car.

“Yes, but I have someplace to be and I don’t have time to spend with you.” Archie has always liked Natalie. She was one of the popular girls in school and was a close friend of his.

The guys didn’t know he wanted to join the Secret Service, but she did. She had an uncle that was an agent.

“I thought I would hitch a ride with you.” Natalie smiles sweetly at him.

“That depends, where are you going?” Archie didn’t mind giving Natalie a ride.

“Why, the same place you are. Now, let’s get a move on and I’ll explain everything to you en route.” Natalie gets in his car.

“This better be good.” As Archie sets his overnight bag in the trunk.

“Oh, it is.” A giggle escapes from Natalie as she watches Archie.

Archie walks around to the driver's side and gets in. He doesn’t bother playing his music as he puts the car into gear and drives down the driveway. He glances over towards Natalie and notices she is smirking.

“Alright, spill the beans, Nat.”

Archie wanted to know why the girl he had known since he was a teenager was coming with him to meet his sisters. He knew everyone in his school thought the two of them would hook up, but he never did.

Natalie breathes in slowly and lets it out. She turns around in her seat and looks at Archie.

“I was assigned to watch over and protect you back when your sister stopped being the Hatter. My superiors were worried that some of her
enemies here in England would retaliate against you to strike back at her. And several did attempt to do that, but they met an unfortunate end.”

“Are you serious?” Archie looks at Nat.

“Yep, I’m deadly serious. You see, your sister Aylin is part of a very powerful family here in England. My superior felt that you would need long time protection and I just happened to be picked to watch over you. When you applied to join MI 6. My assignment ended. I didn’t have to hide who I was anymore from you.” Natalie was kind of glad her assignment had ended but disappointed as well.

“So, that is the reason you became friends with me and my buddies?” Archie wanted the truth.

“Initially, but over time I learned you guys weren’t that bad.” Natalie liked being around them.

“Were those your true parents that came to school with you?”

“No, they were agents who specialize in undercover work. I have no parents or family. I was recruited at a young age to become an agent.”

“How young?” Archie was curious.

“Six years old. I was born with a very high intelligence and possess remember skills and talent.” Natalie remembered the endless tests she had been given when she was younger.

“Why would the government allow something like that to happen?” Archie wonders why their government would do that.

“It wasn’t the British government that recruited me. It was certain members of the family I work for that did.”

“Still to take a child and turn them into an agent, isn’t right.” Archie didn’t like that idea.

“Archie, my life in the orphanage was terrible. I wasn’t born here in England but in Russia. The orphanage I was living at was terrible and we
were treated as slaves. You have no idea how bad my life was before I was found and taken away from there.” Natalie hated she remembered everything because there were times, she relived what was done to her in that orphanage.

“Still, you were just a child.”

“Well, it doesn’t matter now and there isn’t anything I can do about the past. And to be honest with you, it was nice that the assignment I was given to watch over you was nice. Now, that I don’t have to watch over you anymore, I can do whatever I want to.”

“So, why are you here with me now?”

“Because I want to see this assignment to the end. Oh, before I forget. You do know you have been accepted as an agent for MI 6.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Good, because you can’t tell anyone what you do. Well, there are some acceptations to the rule, but mostly you have to keep it secret.”

“So, how do you know I got accepted?” Archie glances towards Natalie for an answer.

A smile appears on Natalie’s face “If I tell you, I have to kill you and after keeping you alive all this time. I would hate to have to do that.”

South Otterington, Northallerton, North Yorkshire:
“Okay, I’m impressed.” Mark couldn’t believe the country estate Charlotte had arranged for them. He didn’t think the place would be so big and have so many buildings on the property.

“Man, it most cost the family a lot of money in taxes and maintenance to maintain this place.” Mark looks at Jacob and Jacob’s twin sister Patsy.

“Nah, we have several family-owned construction companies that look after all the properties we own.” Jacob had been asked by Thomas to come out to the property and get it ready for a huge family meeting.

As soon as he met Mark and Aylin, he knew right away who they were. Aylin was Anika’s oldest daughter. She was also the Mad Hatter before she disappeared ten years ago. He first met them at the funeral of Cara Bounty.

Mark laughs when he spots Hollace and Julie being chased by Pepper. The collie was playfully chasing after the little girls.

“That must keep you busy.” Mark turns his attention back to Jacob.

“It does. So, how much longer are you going to be in England?” Jacob was curious.

“Unfortunately, we have to head home in a few days. However, we might come back and spend the holidays with my wife’s sister or invite them to our place.”

“We’ll it is up to you if you do come back for the holidays. This place has been reserved for you guys. So, any time you’re in England. You have a place of your own.”

“Thanks, Jacob.”

“You’re welcome.”

Archie is the first to show up. He is given the choice of a place in the house or a small cottage to stay in. He chooses the main house. However, he does explore the place while Natalie talks to a young lady named Patsy.

Amelia and her family show up later in the afternoon and are amazed at the place. When Ralph pulls the car up to the front entrance to the place. He is met by Aylin, Mark, two young girls, and Aylin’s teenage daughter. He notices Aylin is holding a bundle in her arms.

“Mom, that woman looks like you.” Carrie and Angela couldn’t believe it.

“That’s because she is my long-lost twin sister.” As Ralph stops the car.

Ralph and the girls get out of the car and look at everyone gathered at the entrance. They watch as Aylin walks forward towards Amelia.

“Hi sis, I thought you might want to meet your nephew and my daughters.” Aylin watches her sister.

“May I?” Amelia wanted to hold her nephew.

“Of course.” As Aylin hands her son over to her sister.

A smile appears on Amelia’s face as she looks at the little boy. He had his mother’s and her eyes.

“He has our eyes, sis.” As Amelia looks at her sister.

“That he does, but this one, has our mother’s features.” As Aylin rests her hands on Hollace’s shoulder.

Amelia looks at Hollace and notices she has their mother’s features. Not even her daughters looked like their mother.

“I can’t believe it.” Amelia hands the little boy back to Aylin and kneels before Hollace.

Hollace looks at the woman who looks like her mother. She steps back against her mother’s legs.

“It’s okay Hollace. She’s my sister and your aunt.” Aylin felt Hollace’s back against her legs. She saw that Julie was holding Hollace’s hand.

Hollace looks at her aunt and wonders. She was still amazed that she looked like her mother.

“I bet she’s a handful like my daughters.” Amelia smiles at her.

“The two of them are my little mischief makers, like their older sister.” Aylin motions for Bree to step forward.

Amelia stands up and looks at Bree. According to her sister, she adopted Bree. Amelia holds her hand out to Bree “I’m your mom’s twin sister.
Let me introduce my husband Ralph and my two mischief makers.”

Bree is introduced to Carrie and Angela. The three teenagers look at each other and smile.

“I’m Carrie and this duplicate next to me is my twin, Angela.”

“It's nice to meet you two.” Bree smiles at the twins and gets a feeling they are going to have lots of fun.

“Why don’t we head inside and get to know each other better.” Archie was standing with Aylin and Mark.

“Sounds like a plan.” As Mark leads the way inside the house.

The next few days everyone gets to know each other better. Amelia helps Aylin with Hollace and Julie when she puts them to bed. She also enjoys holding little Mark as well.

As for the guys, they get to know one another a whole lot. Archie and Mark learn that they don’t want to play pool against Ralph. He creams them several times.

The twins and Bree start forming a strong bond. They try to confuse her and their aunt but learn that is impossible. Aylin catches them each time they try. Bree just laughs at them, because getting over on her mother is an impossible task.

The twins learn that Aylin is a lot like their mother in a few things. The only difference between them is that their mother doesn’t mind drinking coffee, but their aunt only drinks tea. Archie joins his sisters and learns about his nephew and nieces.

As for Natalie, she leaves on the second day. However, she does leave a note for Archie informing him how he can get in touch with her. She suggests that he contact her after he completes his training.

As for the holidays, Aylin and Amelia agree that Aylin should come back and spend the holidays with her.

“I think Ankia is going to be happy with our report, brother.” Patty looks at her brother.

“I think so too, twinsie.” Jacob turns and walks away.

Pattsy follows her brother.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos