The Past Comes Knocking Part 25

Printer-friendly version

Mark could tell Aylin was thinking about something on the ride back to the manor house. She was unusually quiet.

“Penny, for your thoughts, sweetie?” Mark looks at his wife.

Aylin turns to look at her husband. She couldn’t believe everything she learned after meeting with her twin sister and the woman who delivered her. Archie had informed them about what life had been like up to the point where she killed their father. Afterward, when his mother remarried, he had a better life.

“What are you thinking about, sweetie?”

“Just how much I missed knowing I have a sister. When I first saw her, I didn’t want to believe it, but something inside me knew. It was like I
always knew another part of me was out there somewhere.”

“Well, researchers have been researching identical twins for a long time and discovered that sometimes a particular bond forms between them,
just like the bond between you and the kids. Your maternal instincts are aware when they get hurt or are scared. I wouldn’t be surprised if you and your sister didn’t have that bond. You’re both from the same group of cells that split to form two different individuals.” Mark was guessing,
figured that there had to be something between them.

“Maybe. I just hope her kids will like me.”

“What’s there not to like?” Mark kisses Aylin on the lips.

He held her against his body and let her know she was a special person. They stay like that as the SUV drives up the long driveway toward the manor house. Her sister and her family would see them at another location halfway between the Manor house and the restaurant. The property belonged to the Bounty family and was a lovely estate with the Bounty family for a long time.

Bret and Angel were going to stay with them and get some sleep as Bret parked the SUV next to the other one. Bret reaches over and lightly shakes Angel’s shoulder.

“Wake up. We’re back at the manor house.”

“Sorry for falling asleep.” As Angel rubs the sleep from her eyes.

“It’s okay. No one was dumb enough to attack us. They would have been dealt a quick and painful death.” Mark knew what Aylin would have done to them.

Bret grabs his and Angel’s overnight bags from the back of the SUV and carry them inside. Aylin shows them to the guest room, which had been made up for them. It had two separate beds in the room.

“See you guys in a few hours.” Mark and Aylin headed towards their bedroom.

When they walked into the bedroom, they discovered Hollace and Julie laying in their bed. A smile appears on Aylin’s face as she changes into her night gown. She looks over towards Mark and he had a smirk on his face. He knew the girls wouldn’t stay in their bed. They liked sleeping with them.

Aylin moves the girls over towards the middle of the bed and crawl in next to them. Julie snuggles closer to her and bury her face between Aylin’s breasts. Aylin holds her against her body. She glances over Julie’s body and saw that Mark was holding Hollace against his body.

When Bree wakes up, she checks to see if her parents are back. She peeks into their bedroom and spots her sisters snuggled against her parents. A smile appears on her face as she goes to check on her little brother.

After helping Leandra with her little brother, she walks down to the kitchen and fixes herself some breakfast. She knew Leandra could do that, but she liked to cook like her mother.

Leandra looks at the young teenage girl as she fixes her breakfast. She sat and watched as Bree moved around the kitchen. Anything Bree couldn’t find. Leandra would tell her where it was.

She spoke to Bree last night about what she wanted to do after high school. Bree said that she wanted to attend school and get a degree in working with special needs students like herself.

Bree informed her that she volunteered at some shelters her mother sponsored. She helped veterans and special needs kids like herself. She also taught handicapped kids how to defend themselves from bullies. She had been bullied at the private school she attended, but instead of telling her mother and father. She handled it herself.

After breakfast, Leandra lets Bree go for a ride. She checks on Hollace and Julie and finds them lying between their parents. The girls didn’t want to leave the bed unless they had to pee.

Leandra makes them get up and get dressed. She informs them that their parents got in late last night and needed the rest. She escorts the two young girls to their bedroom and helps them change clothes.

Aylin and Mark sleep through the afternoon. Aylin was the first one up as she stumbled into the bathroom to relieve her bladder. She grabs her house robe, slips on her slippers, and goes downstairs.

When she enters the kitchen, she spots Angel and Bret fixing themselves food. She waves to them, walks over, and puts some tea on to brew. She wasn’t a coffee drinker like Mark.

“What are your plans for today?” Aylin looks towards Bret and Angel for an answer.

“Nothing unless you have something you and your family want to do. We’ve been assigned to you guys.”

“Afternoon, Mommy.” Bree walks over to her mother and hugs her.

“Morning, sweetie.” Aylin returns the hug. She holds Bree in her arms. She loved her oldest child as if she gave birth to her.

Bree stays in her mother’s arms. She loved being held by her. If it wasn’t for her saving her six years ago. She wouldn’t know what her life would have been like under her birth mother.

Bree looked into her mother’s eyes since they were almost the same height. She was a little taller than her mother. “when do we get to meet your sister, Mom?”

“In a few days. We will meet them at an estate owned by Uncle Jack’s family.”

“Does your twin have children?” Bree wonders what her mother’s twin was like.

“Yes, she has twin teenage girls a year younger than you.”

“Cool.” Bree wonders what they look like and if she could tell the difference between them.

Aylin could see the mischief in Bree’s eyes. If her nieces weren’t mischief, they would be after meeting Bree.

Bret looks at Aylin and her oldest as they stand nearby. He knew Bree was about sixteen and wanted to help people like her.

“Bree, I did your laundry. Why don’t you go and put it away, please?” Leandra looks towards Bree.

“Yes, ma’am.”

Bree hugs her mother again before walking off to put away her clean clothes. As she walks by, her father “Also, I want to see you complete your classwork, young lady.”

“Yes, daddy.” A smile appears on Bree’s face as she skips pass him.

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh I can tell

Samantha Heart's picture

Bree is going to be a hand full, but in a good, & micfivous way. Kind of like her adopted mother just without the insanity.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.