Baby Sitting Job Chp.17

Printer-friendly version

Jessie watches quietly from her perch in the air vent in Marshal Bullet’s hospital room. They had gotten word that a high-price hitman had been hired to take him out. She knew it would be stupid for the hitman to try to kill the US Marshal with the guards at the hospital.

She knew Dr. Emery and her partner Lenda. She figures the assassin would have to be pretty stupid to attack Bullock. She watches as the medical staff assigned to Bullock come and go from his room.

She flies around the hospital room a copy of times, ensuring everything is secured and safe. She knew there weren’t any bugs or cameras. During the morning time, Bullock gets a few visitors. He was still unconscious, and Jessie noticed that the people visiting Bullock were Marshals themselves.

Jessie manages to take a few breaks during the day. She stays nearby and grabs some food. She wonders if the information Cypher intercepted might have been off. A smirk appears on her face when she thinks about what happened when he tried to hack the computer systems of Camelot Network Services.

Cypher thought she was dealing with some average computer person. She found out other wised when she tried to break into their system. Not only was she stopped by the person, but the computer system they had at the ranch was sized. If that wasn’t bad enough, a young lady’s face appeared on her computer screen, threatening to burn the ranch down using their own electrical system.

April threatens to ground Cypher for a month for what she did. She has certain rules about the safety of the ranch and doesn’t appreciate having someone break into the house’s electrical grid. Even Dr. Green didn’t like it because it messed with the medical equipment they had at the ranch.

Jessie returns to Bullock’s hospital room and resumes her perch. Sometime around midnight, she spots a figure walking through the wall. She knew it wasn’t Stacy because she was on another case.

“Okay, whomever you are. It’s time to see how you like to do the electric boogie.” Jessie darts out of her hiding spot and light the area up with her electric abilities.

The figure screams as the air around them crackle. Blue electric sparks dance around them.

“Surprised, asshole!” Jessie grows to her full height and tackles the figure.

Jessie was glad she was immune to her own abilities. She could still feel the electrical energy she generated cascading around the person. She feels a sharp pain in her side. She rolls off the person and moves just in time as the figure fires something at her.

“Oh, no, you don’t.” Jessie tried to move but couldn’t.

Lenda returned to Bullock’s hospital room with two cups of coffee in her hands when she heard a ruckus inside his room. She tosses the cups and charges into the hospital room. She spots Jessie on the floor, holding her side and a figure dressed all in black. The figure was pointing a gun toward Bullock’s unconscious form.

Lenda charges toward the person and tackles them. The two go through the hospital window and fall to the ground. The figure tries to escape Lenda’s grip but hits the ground.

Lenda hears the bones in the person she tackled break as they hit the ground. It stuns her for a few minutes, but she manages to stand up. She looks down at the figure and removes its mask. She looked at the person and was surprised to see that the person was in their mid-forties. They had short black hair and lightly tanned skin. They could easily blend into a crowd, and no one would remember them.

Dr. Jocelyn heard the ruckus and the sound of broken glass coming from Bullock’s hospital room and ran into the room. She spots Jessie on the floor with a pool of blood under her. She rushes over to Jessie and kneels next to her. She spots a knife sticking out of Jessie’s side.

“Jess, are you all right?”

“I can’t move.” Jessie was finding it hard to stay conscious.

Jocelyn looked over towards the window and noticed it was smashed. She lays her hands on Jessie’s wound and tries to stop the bleeding. She wasn’t a healer like Payton, but she could at least determine what was wrong with Jessie.

“Shit!” Jocelyn pulls the knife out of Jessie’s wound and tries to stop the bleeding and neutralize the poison the blade was covered with.

She manages to stop the poison from spreading and neutralize what is already in Jessie’s system. She looks down at Jessie “don’t move or use your abilities. Peyton needs to finish what I started.”

“That bad, doc?” Jessie looks at Jocelyn for an answer.

“Yes, whatever this drug is, it is a nasty piece of work.”

“How’s the marshal?” Jessie was concerned about the person she and the team were supposed to protect.

“He’s safe.”

“How about Lenda?” Jessie couldn’t believe Lenda had gone through the window.

“Shaken, but all right. She has survived worst.” Jocelyn knew Lenda had gotten up and walked away from a thirty-story fall.

“Good.” Jessie wanted to close her eyes but didn’t.

“Lenda, what’s your condition?” Jocelyn hoped Lenda still had her earwig.

“I’m fine, but I think our assassin is dead.” Lenda put her fingers on the pressure points to see if the assassin was still alive.

“All right. Take a picture of the assassin and send it to Cypher to dig up info on.”

Lenda takes her cell phone out and snaps a picture of the assassin. She liked that Jerry had encased their cell phones in high-impact plastic, especially hers. She was going through cell phones left and right. She sends the picture off to Cypher to identify.

A medical team shows up in Bullock’s hospital room and takes Jessie to surgery. They also take the knife she was stabbed with so they can identify the poison used on her. Jocelyn helps a team of nurses move Bullock’s bed to another room since the window in his room was destroyed.

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

LOL!!!

I lol'd at Cypher trying to break inro Camelot! She got off light, all things considered. Morgana now has all their data, whether Cypher realizes it or not. ;-)

How far was the fall?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The fall

They were five stories up. So, about fifty feet off the ground.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Nice

Samantha Heart's picture

One less assassin to deal with. I'm a bit concerned about Jessie though

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

While reading this

I kept hearing the song “Another one bites the dust”.