Baby Sitting Job

Printer-friendly version

Kats and Paul’s Place, Knoxville, Tenn.
Paul looks over towards the twins and Kat. She was in the new above-ground pool they installed a few weeks ago. Kat wasn’t wearing a bathing suit in the water as she played with the twins.

Jill was floating around on an inflatable lounger, shaped like a swan. She was wearing a lime green one-piece swimsuit. She didn’t feel comfortable wearing a bikini.

She had a scar on her leg, but it wasn’t as bad as it had been. She had her earphones in her ears and was listening to a new band she found online. The past few months since coming back from Kansas have been wonderful. Kat and Paul adopted her as their daughter and established a new identity for her since she was declared dead.

Terri has been like a big sister to her and has been helping her with the nightmares she still has off and on. She was seeing a counselor to help her adjust to her new life as well. She has been taking piano lessons from one of the firemen's wives.

Paul flips the burgers he was grilling for them for lunch. He picks his beer up and takes a nice swig from it. He felt sorry for Terri having to work up at the law firm that her aunt worked at on a nice day.

Kat walks over to Jill with the twins following behind her in their floaters. She could tell Jill was listening to her music with her eyes close. She lifts one of her hands out of the water and drips some water onto Jill’s body.

Jill opens her eyes immediately and looks at Kat “that’s cold, mom.”

A playful smile appears on Kat’s face. She loved messing with Jill.

“You looked like you could use some cooling down, sweetie.” Kat reaches behind her and brings the twins forwards.

“Ha! Ha! Mom.” Jill had a smile on her face when she looked at Kat.

Kat just smiles back at Jill. She enjoyed being a mother. Brittney, Crystal, and Valentina have gotten the Kansas office up and running. She missed her oldest, but now she could dote on Jill, Terri, and the twins.

“Burgers, are up ladies.” Paul looks toward Jill and Kat.

“Okay, honey.” Kat pulls the twins with her as she moves toward the ladder and climbs out.

Jill follows behind the twins and helps her mother lift the twins out of the water. Kat doesn’t bother to cover up. She wanted a tan all over her body.

Kat feeds the twins first and afterward fixes a double burger for herself with all the fixings. She watches Jill and makes sure she eats. The people who kidnapped Jill and the little boy underfed them. Jill would give what food they gave her to the little boy.

While they are sitting at the table enjoying lunch. Kat’s business phone starts ringing. She had gone ahead and bought a new satellite phone for the business.

“I wonder who could be calling me now?” Kat picks the phone up and looks at the number and noticed it was Marshal Edward Bullock.

US Marshal’s Office, Knoxville, Tenn:
Marshal Bullock looks at the little cat girl sitting in the leather chair in front of his desk. She reminded him of Kat. But he knew according to Kat there wasn’t another one like her around. The people that created her had only created one other and she was Kat’s sister Rebecca in Kansas. The thing was, he needed time to investigate the information the little cat girl gave him.The only person he could trust to keep the girl safe was Kat and her crew.

Becky looks at the big US Marshal sitting on the other side of the old-style wooden desk. The whole office had an old-style rustic feel to it. She liked the high back leather chair she was sitting in. She was small compared to high big the chair was. Her feet hung only a few inches past the seat cushion.

She doesn’t remember what happened to her or how she became what she was, but she does recall someone trying to kill her. She also recalls being almost run over by Marshal Bullock as well. If he hadn’t stopped when he did, he would have hit her.

Edward picks his cellphone up and dials Kat’s office number. He knew Kat had opened a second office in Kansas and that Brittney, Crystal, Valentina, and a woman by the name of Barbara Waters were running it.

Kats and Paul’s Place:
After a few seconds, he hears Kat’s voice “K&P Services, what can I do for you, Marshal Bullock?”

“Hey, Kat, I need to speak to you in person about a job. Do you have time today?” Marshal Bullock looks at the little cat girl. He notices she was watching him.

“Is it important?” Kat didn’t want to have her family day interrupted.

“It’s very important, Kat.”

“Alright, I’m not in the office today. I’m at home enjoying the day with my family.” Kat takes a bite from her burger.

“Alright, I should be at your place in about twenty minutes.” Bullock knew it didn’t take long for him to drive to Kat’s house.

“Alright, I’ll be in the backyard. I’ll save you some lunch.” Kat looks at Paul to let him know to save some burgers and hot dogs for Bullock.

“Can you save enough for two people?” Bullock figures the little cat girl might be hungry.

“Sure, who are you bringing with you?” Kat was curious who Bullock was bringing.

She knew Bullock’s partner was on vacation. He was visiting his cousin out in Virginia. She owned a horse ranch and board horses as well.

“You’ll see when I arrive.” Bullock figured it would be better for Kat to see for herself.

“Ah! The true reason comes out. Alright, I’ll see you guys in twenty minutes.” Kat ends the call.

Paul looks at Kat “what was that call, about?”

“It sounds like Bullock has a surprised person with him and he might need our help.” Kat’s curiosity was up now.

“Well, if we are going to have company. You better go and put your bikini on.”

“I think you are right.” Kat stands up and looks over towards Jill. “Can you watch your sister and brother until I get back, please?”

“Yes ma’am.” Jill didn’t mind looking after her little sister and brother.

“Thanks.” Kat walks past Paul and kisses him before walking into the house.

She heads towards the bedroom and grabs her bikini hanging from the shower curtain. She wore it yesterday after she came home from work.
She puts it on and goes back outside to enjoy the day with her family.

US Marshal’s Office:
Bullock looks at the little cat girl sitting in front of his desk. He learned her name was Becky last night after he almost hit her on his way home. She came out of nowhere covered in blood and very confused about what happened to her.

“Becky, we’re going to go and see a friend of mine. If things go like I hope they will. I’m going to leave you in her care, while I investigate your case.”

“Can your friend be trusted, and will she be okay with how I look?” Becky was feeling a little scared about meeting someone else.

A smile appears on Bullock’s face “oh, she can be trusted, and I think the two of you will get along very well. Plus, she has children of her own.”

Becky wonders who this person was that Bullock was describing. She didn’t even know how she came to be.

“If you say so.” Becky slides off the chair and stands before the desk.

Bullock grabs his gun and car keys. He leads Becky down to the parking lot where his new pickup truck was parked. Since coming back from India, he decided to change vehicles since the SUV he and his partner used was easy to spot and was well known.

Bullock helps Becky into the pickup truck. She was short and would need help getting into and out of the truck. He watches as she puts the seat belt on. Once she was squared away, he gets in on the driver's side and start the truck.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

An intresting new series

Samantha Heart's picture

This has the makings of a very interesting new series I think Becky will be VERY Supprised when she meets Kat lol. At first she will think they are making fun of her till Kat tells this little girl HER story.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

A whole bunches of questions

Jamie Lee's picture

This chapter created a whole bunch of questions, which, hopefully, will be answered as the story progresses.

Others have feelings too.

better late than never

I know it is a late start but I am now reading this story.