Baby Sitting Job Chp.13

Printer-friendly version

Trenner’s Garage, Walker Airbase, Ellis County, Kansas:
Rebecca looks at the SUV that belonged to her sister’s company as it is towed in. It looked like someone had used it to play demolishing derby.

“Are your sister’s employees always this rough on their vehicles?” Lisa was standing next to Rebecca when they spotted a rival tow truck company approaching them with one of K&P services SUVs.

“I don’t know, but after what happened last night. I wonder if there is any connection.” Rebecca was glad the guard dogs they had protecting her place got the intruder’s last name.

She and Lev had been asleep when one of the guard dogs they owned went ballistic. Someone had managed to pick the lock on the office door and came into the living area through the office. The thing was, they hadn’t counted on two well-trained German Shepherds guarding the place.

The commotion outside their bedroom door had woken her and Lev. Lev grabbed his shotgun and walked into the hallway with her behind him. She had her father’s old army-issued Browning, in her hand.

They spotted a guy dressed all in black being attacked by Samson and Hercules. Lev called the German Shepherds off and pointed his shotgun at the person. He went over to interrogate the person while Rebecca and the dogs watched the intruder.

The tow truck stops in front of Rebecca, and Crystal jumps out. Crystal spots Rebecca and her assistant Lisa watching her.

“Hey Becca, Hey Lisa. I got a little problem.”

“I would say you have more than a little problem, Crystal. What did you do to this poor SUV?” Lisa walks forward to look the SUV over.

“I agree with Lisa, Crystal. What happened?” Rebecca walks over to Crystal.

“I was attacked by three red necks. They tried attacking me with their trucks. According to one guy I interrogated, he was sent to capture me.”

“They could blackmail my sister into doing what they want, with you as their hostage.” Rebecca has seen that play used before.

“Do you think that was why they attacked you last night, boss?” Lisa looked at Rebecca after signing the receipt from the towing business.

She would add it to the work order for the SUV. She turns around and walks over to where Crystal and Rebecca are standing. She tucks the receipt into her back pocket on her coveralls.

“You got attacked last night, Becca?” Crystal was surprised someone would be that stupid.

“Yeah, but Sampson and Hercules took them down.” Rebecca watched as Lev tortured the person sent to capture her and her family.

August had also informed her that a blacked-out A10 warthog had attacked the private jet Brittney had flown home in. Rebecca wonders who or what was after her sister’s family and why they broke into her place last night.

“You wouldn’t have another vehicle I could use, would you?” Crystal looks at Rebecca.

“Yeah, but try to bring this one back in one piece, please.” Rebecca turns to walk into the office where she kept all the keys.

“I better get to work on this one.” Lisa grabbed the floor coasters to maneuver the damaged SUV into the garage.

Crystal gave Lisa a hand putting the coasters on the SUV so they could move it. The two push the SUV into the garage and removes the coasters.

“Do you use these all the time?” Crystal looks at Lisa for an answer.

“Yes, it makes it easier to move the vehicles around. Now, let’s go ahead and get you another SUV to damage.” A playful smile appears on Lisa’s
face.

St. Francis Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.:
Tempest checks on Bullock while her partner Ox remains with their van. She knew Ox hated hospitals after what was done to the two of them.
After he helped get Bullock admitted to the emergency room, he haul-tailed it back to the parking lot.

She wasn’t as sensitive about being inside a hospital as her partner. The doctors that had worked on Bullock were supposed to be the best the hospital had on staff. She knew if she had to. She could contact a few doctors she knew that she and Ox trusted with their lives.

She had to leave her rifle in the van, but she wasn’t going to leave her handguns in the van. She walks into Bullock’s private hospital room to see how he is. She had some formal training as a nurse before her transformation.

She notices Bullock is connected to several machines as she checks his vitals. They were better than they were when they brought Bullock in. She checked the medicine they had given him, and once satisfied, she walked over to the window in the room and looked around.

She could see the parking lot, and there wasn’t anywhere a sniper could set up to shoot Bullock. She wonders why those men that had Bullock took him. She personally knew the bitch that kidnapped Bullock from the federal building. The two of them have had a few run-ins before. It was good that she didn’t know about the hidden cameras the building had or the one mounted outside on the telephone pole.

Tempest plants a few small cameras in the room to monitor Bullock. Once they are planted, “how’s the picture, partner?”

Outside Parking Lot:
“Coming in crystal clear.” Ox saw the images on the HUD screen built into his unique silver shades.

“Good. I’ve double-checked his medication and what the doctors did to him. He should be safe here. As soon as our replacements arrive, I’ll join you in the parking lot.”

“Who is going to babysit Bullock?” Ox was curious.

“Another agent like us. Striker said she and her partner are medically trained.” Tempest wonders whom Striker was sending.

“There aren’t many like us.” Ox knew there were only a handful of agents like him and Tempest.

“I know.” Tempest sits in the chair near Bullock’s bed and watches him sleep.

up
126 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder who it will be,.

Samantha Heart's picture

Now courouis about WHO these agests are & who Striker is.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Looks like things

Are going to get very interesting from here, the other side is going to know it was in a fight.