Baby Sitting Job Chp. 3

Printer-friendly version

Paul, Kat, and Bullock watch as Jill shows Becky how to swim. Kat had another swimsuit that belonged to Terri that would barely fit Becky. It was the first swimsuit that Kat had bought Terri when she came to live with her and Paul. The suit was a little big on Becky, but it covered Becky enough. She’ll have to take Becky shopping to get the proper suit for her.

“What do you know about her, Bullock?” Kat looks at Bullock’s face.

“Not much. She came stumbling out of the woods on the highway I was traveling on and almost hit her. She looked like you do when you let your temper get the best of you.” Bullock has seen what Kat was like when she was pissed and her anger gets the best of her. She was like most cats when you pissed them off.

“Did you go and investigate where she came from?” Paul was curious if Bullock did.

“I have a forensics team at the location right now. From initial reports, it looks like where she escaped from was doing genetic research and training.” Bullock takes a sip of his beer.

“What happened?” Paul looks at Kat to make sure she was keeping her cool.

He remembered the first time he and the whole family had been kidnapped. The people that kidnapped them wanted Kat’s and Rebecca’s DNA. They also used nanite technology on reengineering the girls, by turning them into real girls. Their genetic structure had been modified, so when they have children, it will carry on into their DNA.

“Don’t know. All the security cameras and equipment had been taken out. All Becky can remember is being set free from the cage the researchers kept her in. She does remember that the person who set her free smelled like a cat.” Bullock was surprised when Becky told him that.

“We’re you able to identify any of the researchers?” Kat knew the person they chased down was dead.

“We're still in the process of doing that. There were at least twelve people found dead, either with their throats ripped out or disemboweled.
Whoever or whatever killed them have very sharp claws.” Bullock was still getting reports from the team.

Kat looks over towards Jill and Becky as they splash around in the pool. The twins were laying down in their portable playpen, sound asleep. She wore them out in the pool.

Paul looks at Kat “did we miss someone?”

“I don’t think so.” Kat knew they killed everyone that had been on the island and chased down the doctor and the others to Washington D.C.

“What are you two talking about?” Bullock was curious.

Kat turns her head and looks at Bullock. She was a firm believer in making eye contact when talking to people.

“Several years ago, after we adopted Brittney and Terri. We learned about Rebecca and her family. They had come here to our house, so we could meet in person. While they were here, a mercenary group knocked all of us out and took us to some island down past Florida. We managed to break out and track down the doctor who created me and Rebecca. While we were his prisoners, he modified Brittney, Terri, and August and turned all of them into real women. He was going to sell them into sexual slavery. As for me and Rebecca, he took samples of our tissue and DNA. He even took a sample of our eggs as well. We managed to break out thanks to Rebecca’s husband Levi and Paul.
Afterward, I, Paul, Levi, the girls, and Rebecca tracked down the person who created us and sent him and everyone he worked with on their way. I had Morgana wipe their computer system clean of any trace of our DNA. She saved the nanite technology they used for herself.”

“Are you sure you killed the person who created you and all his research?” Bullock looks at Paul and Kat for an answer.

“We’re sure. The building he was hiding in, was blown up because of a broken gas line.” Paul remembers because he and Levi had gone after the scientist who had stolen Rebecca’s and Kat’s DNA.

“Could he have shared the information with someone else when you guys were unconscious or in the prison cell?”

“If it had been, Morgana would have found it. She’s very thorough when she wipes a computer system clean.”

“But the doctor could have sent the information before you told her to wipe the system.” Bullock wasn’t a computer expert like Morgana, but even he knew the information could have been backed up in the cloud.

“True, it's possible. Also, Morgana didn’t have the resources she has now.” Kat remembered Morgana having multiple servers linked together and working as a giant supercomputer with a program she got from NASA.

“So, you’re thinking whoever created Becky used genetic material from Kat?” Paul looks at Becky and saw some similarities from her that Kat would have had when she was that age.

“Maybe, you did say that they took eggs from you and Rebecca, right?”

“Yes.” Kat was trying to see where Bullock was going with this.

“Well, if they took genetic material from you and Rebecca. What’s to say they didn’t take genetic material from the girls once the modification to them was done?” Bullock was thinking that one of the three girls might have been modified.

“Well, it’s not, August. She has a normal-looking son.” Kat knew that for a fact.

“Then it could be Terri or Brittney. We need to have both girls brought in and have samples taken from them.” Bullock isn’t sure, but it's possible the girls could have been re-engineered to have babies like Kat and Becky.

“Terri it shouldn’t be a problem. Brittney on the other hand is. Brittney, Crystal, and Valentina are in the process of getting the new office up and running.”

“She can get the testing done where she is and have the results sent to my office.” Bullock figures there had to be a testing center where Brittney is.

“I’ll tell her. So, what exactly do you want us to do?” Paul was wondering what Bullock wanted them to do.

“Just babysit, Becky. I figure she would be more comfortable around someone like herself.” A smile appears on his face.

“And if someone comes looking for her?” Kat looks at the girls as they played.

“Do what you normally do. Teach whoever it is that they have made a mistake. However, I do ask that you keep them alive, so I can question them.” Bullock knew what Kat and Paul were capable of.

“There’s no guarantee, but we’ll try. How are you going to explain things to our young friend?” Kat wonders how Bullock was going to do that.

“Gently.” Bullock turns to look at the girls and notices they were having fun.

Becky was enjoying being in the pool with Jill. At first, she had been scared and thought she was going to drown, but Jill reassured her she wouldn’t let that happen. Jill taught her how to doggy paddle and once she learned that. Jill showed her how to hold her breath and duck underwater.

After she was comfortable with the water, she and Jill started tossing the ball back and forth in the pool. She was enjoying playing with Jill. She Bullock, Kat, and Paul were talking about her and a few other things. She caught some of their conversations.

She does notice that Kat sneaks a peek at them ever so often. She figures it must be the mother instinct Kat has developed. Even Paul observed the two of them every once in a while.

She noticed the scar on Jill’s leg and wondered how she got it. She noticed that Jill had a few scars and wondered if Kat or Paul did it for punishment. She looks at Jill “did Kat or Paul give you those scars?”

Jill stops and looks at Becky “God no. The people who kidnapped me and abused me did. Kat and Paul have been nothing but loving and caring.”

“Why?” Becky was curious.

“Because that is the way they are. Kat and Paul are parents most kids would love to have. Sure, they have their rules and such, but are only looking out for us.” Jill was glad that Kat and Paul adopted her.

They go back to playing again, after talking.

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Np one better

Samantha Heart's picture

There is no one better to look after Becky than Kat & Paul. They love the kids & will go to great lengths to protect the kids no matter who they are, unless they are with the bad guys & do the same monsterus was as the people they are hunting. You hurt Kat, her family, friends, or charges LOOK OUT!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Who did what to whom?

Jamie Lee's picture

Twelve dead, their throats rearranged, and Becky was covered with blood when Bullock found her. She is too small to have killed those twelve, and didn't let herself out of the cage.

So might one of the transformations/creations got loose and issued justice? Then let Becky out of the cage? If so, where is the person now? And if the material taken while the family was kidnapped is being used, who's using it?

Others have feelings too.

That was a rude question.

A better phrasing would have been how did you get those scars?