Baby Sitting Job Chp.10

Printer-friendly version

Jamestown, Tennessee:
It takes Kat almost two hours to drive from Knoxville, Tn. To the hospital in Jamestown, Tn. By the time she arrived with Jill and Becky. Her temper had gone down some. She was very protective of her children, especially her oldest. Her poor baby has experienced things that no child should ever experience. All her girls have experienced situations that they should have never experienced.

She pulls into the parking lot of the hospital and gets out of the armored SUV. Becky and Jill follow behind their adopted mother as she leads them into the hospital.

“Mom, the emergency room is this way.” Jill points out the sign she spotted.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Kat walks toward the emergency room and finds Brittney waiting on her.

Kat notices Brittney’s leg is bandaged up. She looked like she tried to freshen up some. Kat walks over to her baby “how are you feeling, sweetie?”

“Like I have been put through the wringer, mom. I had no idea there were so many agencies involved when a plane crashes.” Brittney had been questioned about everything that had happened to her and Jerry.

They also asked her why someone wanted to kill her. Brittney laughed at that question. Between working for her parents and running the second office in Kansas. She’s made a lot of enemies.

“How’s Jerry?” Kat was concerned about August’s employee.

“He’s going to live. He’ll need to spend a few days in the hospital. I called August and told her everything. She said that Rebecca might be able to track down the A10 Warthog that attacked us. There were only a handful of people who owned those, and she makes parts for them.”

“Leave it to your aunt to find it. Are you ready to head home?” Kat was watching her oldest to make sure everything was okay.

“I was ready to blow this place an hour ago.” Brittney hated hospitals. She had spent too much time in them, either injured or when her mom and dad were seriously injured.

“Well, we’re heading home. Was there anything that survived in the plane that you want to get?”

“No, ma’am. I managed to grab my laptop bag, but the gym bag that had all my change of clothes was burned up when the rear engine got hit.”

“We can always buy you new clothes, sweetie.” Kat places a kiss on Brittney’s forehead.

Jill and Becky grab a wheelchair to take Brittney outside. They wait with her while Kat gets the SUV.

Brittney looks at Becky “you must be Becky. I’m your older sister Brittney.” Brittney holds her hand out to Becky.

Becky shakes Brittney’s hand. She noticed that Brittney had a friendly handshake.

“How come you’re not at the house?” Becky was curious.

“Because I and my girlfriend are managing the Kansas office.” Brittney wonders if Becky knew they had a second office.

“A second office?” Becky looked confused.

“You know mom and dad are bounty hunters, right?” Brittney looks at Becky to see if she knows.

“What are bounty hunters?” Becky was confused.

“I’ll explain on the way home.” Brittney spots her mother coming towards them with the armored SUV.

“Okay.” Becky watches as Kat pulls up to the curb.

Becky and Jill help Brittney onto the passenger seat. After securing Brittney, they get in the backseat and buckle up. Kat watches Becky and Jill as they buckle up.

“All right, girls, let’s head home.” Kat put the SUV into drive and started driving back to Knoxville, Tn.

Brittney looked at her mother as she drove “so, why did I need to come back to Knoxville, mom?”

“Bullock got the test results from your eggs and wants to talk to me, you, and Becky.” Kat glances at Brittney.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, sweetie.” Kat was curious as well.

Brittney watches her mother’s facial expression. She’s gotten good at being able to read her mother’s face. However, as she looked at her
mother, she couldn’t tell. Her mother had her poker face on.

Top Steak Restaurant:
Bullock looks at the teenage girl sitting across from him as she devours a T-Bone steak. He couldn’t believe how his younger sister was able to eat the whole thing. Not only was she devouring the colossal steak, but she finished off the vast loaded baked potato, half of the blooming onion, and cream spinach she loved so much.

“You must be starved.” Bullock just shakes his head as he looks at her.

“I haven’t eaten anything for the past two days. I was on a survival course, and the pickings were slim.” Jessica looks at her big brother.

“Why were you out on a survival course?” Bullock looks at his baby sister with a confused look on his face.

“I signed up to take it. I might be going overseas and doing some recon work for the agency.” Jessica knew her big brother didn’t like it that she did work for the CIA and DEA.

She was a free agent and did jobs for the United States government. They usually called her for jobs they didn’t want any of their people involved. They could claim plausible deniability about her if she got caught.

“So, what brings you to Knoxville?” Bullock was suspicious about his little sisters’ motives.

“This.” Jessica pulls out a twenty-dollar bill and hands it to her brother.

Bullock looks at the bill. He couldn’t tell that anything was wrong with it. He pulls a twenty from his wallet and compares the two. After examining it, he still couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It felt and looked like the real one.

“I can’t tell the difference.” Bullock looks at his little sister.

“That’s because it is made with the same type of ink and paper as the real thing. I came across it while working on a case. I managed to trace the bills back to a shipping firm here in Knoxville. When I went to investigate further, they couldn’t produce this. However, I managed to get where they picked it up.” Jessica was going to head there next.

“So, you’re working for the Secret Service, now?”

“Yep, they are short-handed right now, and I have a good reputation with the DEA and CIA. They hired me to locate where the funny money is being made and where they get their material from.”

“What have you learned so far?” Bullock watches his sister as she finishes the steak off.

“The paper came from a shop down in Panama. The ink was sold out the back door of the manufacturer. And the plates, believe it or not. Someone managed to force an engraver from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to make the plates they need.”

“So, you have found the plates. I take it?” Bullock knew his sister was good at her job.

“Yes, and no. I almost had them before I got sucker punch from behind. The bastard ran off with the plates before I could apprehend him.” Jessica knew she was lucky she didn’t get caught in the explosion they had set to destroy the evidence.

“So, what’s your next move?”

“Take some time to look over what I managed to snag from the bastards and try to predict their next move. Also, I heard a rumor that a two-million-dollar bounty has been put out on you. You might want to watch your six.” Jessica was worried about her older brother.

“Do you know who put the hit out on me?” Bullock wonders who it could be.

“Nope, because it was posted on the dark net website called Villeneuve. You can get or buy almost anything on that site. No one knows who the webmaster is.” Jessica hired a couple of hackers she knew, but they couldn’t help her.

“Has anyone tried to shut it down?” Bullock knew a few things about computers.

“Yes, and it just pops up somewhere else. Whoever is hosting and maintaining the site is doing a pretty good job ensuring it stays up.”

“Thanks for the warning. I might know someone who can take it down.” Bullock was thinking about Morgana.

“Good luck.” Jessica knew how hard it was to shut it down.

After lunch, Bullock goes back to the office to meet up with Kat and her family. He still couldn’t get over the fact that this case ties back into one of Kat’s first cases. He returns to his office and takes the elevator up to his office floor.

Just as he was about to use his entry card to enter his office, he dropped to the floor, just outside the door. A figure appears with a huge white cloth basket and puts his limp, unconscious body inside it.

The person heads towards the service elevator and takes it to the garage. Once in the garage, the person walks over to a van. The person lifts Bullock’s unconscious body out of the linen basket and secures his hands and feet. The person puts Bullock’s body inside the van and secures the back door.

The person walks around the van and gets in on the driver’s side, and drives out of the garage.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhhhj crap

Samantha Heart's picture

2 million is enough for some to take out a federal marshall & right now they want him alive. Why? To see what he knows about Becky most likely? A very good possibility....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

But wait their's more!

Sounds like people have something special planned for him.