City Rat Chp. 6

Printer-friendly version
***Sorry for a short chapter***

Tonya watches as the store owner of the jewelry store locks up. She’s been scouting this place out for the last few days and knew the routine of all the workers. She managed to get the combination to the safe and make keys to the place. Getting the keys was the hardest thing to get, but she managed.

She waits until midnight and makes her move. She manages to bypass the security system and get into the store without setting anything off. She moves about the darkness using the night vision glasses she got from her supplier. She gets to the safe and empty’s it out of everything.

Then she goes to another safe the store clerk had hidden for particular clients and empties the contents.

She lets out a low whistle when she notices what is inside the safe. She knew fencing these beauties would be difficult, but she knew the right fence to sell them to after she cleans the safes out. She exists from the store, leaving it as if no one had broken into it.

Tonya was excited as she took her illegal gotten gems and diamonds to a place she uses as her base. She doesn’t use the gas station, because that would be too obvious. She uses an abandoned transfer station that she had found and scouted out. It had several ways she could escape or hide out for weeks. She kept the place stocked with food and medical supplies.

It took her a while to find it and map it out. She strips out of her burglary clothes and cleans them. While her clothes were washing, she slipped on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She sits down and starts evaluating how much the diamonds and jewelry were.

After she was done evaluating each piece of gem and diamond, she figured she had a total of six million dollars total. She had a brooch that was worth a million dollars. She puts everything in the ground safe she installed and concealed it. She’ll wait a while, before selling the pieces and such off.

She takes one of the secret exits out of her hideout and heads towards an all-night diner. It was a place she knew well, and the food was halfway decent. She orders a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake. At the same time, Tonya is waiting for her food to arrive. She looks out of a nearby window in the place and notices a police officer pulling a car over.

She sits there and watches as the officer gets out of his patrol car and walks up to the other car. The next thing she sees are several flashes of bright lights. The police officer drops to the ground, and the car he pulled over speeds off.

She gets up and runs towards the police officer. She noticed that it was a black officer who had been hit in his vest. One of the bullets hit just below his vest. She applies pressure and grabs his radio “officer down at the corner of Swells Ave and Jacob Street. I repeat, officer down!”

Tonya keeps pressure on the wound while she waits for the paramedics to show up. She was startled when several police cars showed up as well. The paramedics show up and take over from her.

While she is standing nearby, one of the police officers, an older man, questions her about what happened. She tells them everything about what happened. She described the car and informed them that the plates had been covered up, so she couldn’t tell them what the tag number was.

Another officer looked inside the patrol car and saw that the officer had already started running the tags. The information on the tags had come back as being stolen. They had the footage from the dashcam to confirm what Tonya told them.

The officer she helped is taken to the nearest hospital, and after the police get her information. They give her a ride home after picking up her food at the diner. The manager on duty doesn’t charge her anything for what she did.

When she gets home, she is exhausted between helping the down police officer and breaking into the Jewelry store. She has had enough excitement for the day. She takes a shower and scrubs the blood she had gotten on her body off.

She tosses the jeans and shirt she wore into the trash. There was no saving them, and she wasn’t going even to try to save them. After doing all that, she slips on a nightshirt and heads to bed.

It’s late n the evening the next day when she finally wakes up. She checks the news about the police officer and the jewelry store heist.
According to the news report, the thief got away with three hundred dollars in cash and at least eight million dollars in jewelry and precious gems. A smile appears on her face as she wonders whom she should call to fence the jewelry and gems for her.

As for the police officer. He was in critical condition but was going to recover. Tonya was glad about that. She may steal from people, but she has never taken a life, except on the boat. She had no choice in the matter. If she hadn’t killed Enzo and Anthony, she would be talking to Davy Jones right now.

She fixes herself a sandwich and a cup of coffee. The rest of the day she spends at home thinking about whom she knew was still in the game and would be willing to buy the stolen loot. She could hold onto it for a while. As for the cash, she could easily mix that up with the money she kept on hand, and no one would know.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Smart & contagious

Samantha Heart's picture

This girl is a VERY good cat bugler & she didn't have to save the officer but she did. I'm glad she did.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.