City Rat Chp. 5

Printer-friendly version

Tonya woke up and could hear the rain hitting on the roof of the old gas station. She gets up and walks towards the front of the gas station and moves the curtain aside to look outside. She notices that it was coming down in buckets.

She closes the curtains and turns the temperature up, so it is a little bit warmer in her place. Whenever it rained and was cool outside, she felt it inside the old gas station. She walks into the kitchen and starts fixing some breakfast.

Tonya fixes some coffee, while the waffles mixture she made sets. While the coffee is brewing, she adds some cinnamon and sugar to the waffle mix. She plugs the waffle maker into the outlet and lifts the lid. She sprays the plates inside the waffle maker and waits until it is warmed up.

While the waffle maker warms up, she grabs a can of spiced apples and dumps those into a small saucepan to warm up. She was glad that Vera showed her how to cook. She has never had a mother type of person in her life.

Once the waffle maker is ready, she pours some batter onto the plates and closes the lid. While the batter is cooked, she stirs the spiced apples as they slowly heat up. Her coffee was ready, so she adds sugar and cream to her coffee.

When the apples are almost ready, she turns the flame down under the small saucepan. She checks the waffle to see if it is ready. She flips that one out and makes another one. She makes one more and turns the waffle maker off.

Once everything was ready, she puts it on a plate and sits down at the counter in the small kitchen. She still couldn’t believe how lucky she was when she got to this old gas station. Marcus bought it for her and paid for all the remodeling done to it, so she could live here. Everything was kept off his books and it wasn’t in his name, but someone that only existed on paper. She had the paperwork for the made-up person in a safe deposit box, along with several hundred dollars as well.

She turns the television set on and tunes it to the weather station and watches the forecast for the rest of the day. She stuffs a piece of the apple spice-covered waffle into her mouth. A low moan escapes from her mouth as she chews it.

As she eats and watches the weather station, she notices it was supposed to rain off and, on all day, long. That meant she couldn’t go to the skate park and practice some of her moves for the upcoming skateboard competition coming up in a few weeks. She finishes eating breakfast and cleans up her mess afterward.

She leaves the kitchen and grabs her laptop from its hidden spot and connects her portable hard drive to it. She turns it on and logs onto it.

“Alexa, play WNOB 89.5.”

“Playing WNOB 89.5 on TuneIn.”

Tonya listens to the music playing from her Alexa unit. She doesn’t bother to change out of her nightshirt and panties as she retrieves her VR unit and sets it up. Since she was going to be stuck inside all day long. She figures she could still practice some skateboard moves with her VR unit.

Tonya practices with her VR unit for the next few hours. She is sweating as she moves and practices certain moves. She loved her VR unit and the workout she got from it.

Tonya stops practicing and notices she is soaked in sweat from working out. She puts the VR unit away and takes a shower afterward. She loved the shower unit Marcus had installed in her place. She was getting blasted from three sides, plus from above her head as well.

She gets out of the shower and dries off. She puts on a pair of clean panties, shorts, and a Hello Kitty t-shirt. She loved anime cartoons and items from Japan. She walks into the kitchen to make herself a salad for lunch. She takes some fajita seasoning and spices the chicken strips up, before putting them into the cast iron skillet.

Tonya hated days like this. She was stuck at home with nothing to do, except clean her place up. After lunch, she gets the cock pot out and put some cabbage, potatoes, onions, and ham slice she cuts up into cubes into smaller slices in the pot. She fills it with vegetable broth and spices.

She figures by the time she is ready to have dinner, it will be ready. She leaves it to cook, as she sits down on the sofa and watches Princess Princess. She loved the cartoon series because it was about three boys who dress up as girls in an all-boys school. Their job as girls was to cheer on the different sports teams and such in a boring boy’s school.

Two of the three boys take their job seriously. But the third one always tries to find a way out of the job. The thing is, the third one looks cute as a red-haired girl. She gets a huge laugh out of the series.

The other one she likes to watch is Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. She also liked Ouran High School Host Club. In that one, the main character is a girl that dresses like a guy and falls in with a bunch of rich boys. It takes the leader of the host club a while to figure out that the boy is a girl.

While the anime is playing, Tonya gets up and fixes herself a cup of tea. She learned to love drinking tea, from Kyoya Suoh. He treated her like she was his daughter. She had to admit, that she liked him as well.

She walks back into the living room with her cup of tea and sits back down. The first video she was watching was on episode four. She loved the antics of the three boys and the one named Mikoto was being a pain about being a Princess.

Tonya gets up after a while to look outside and notices the rain has slacked off some. She watches as an idiot runs a red light and almost hits another car. She shakes her head, as she closes the curtain and walks into the kitchen to check on dinner. It smelled so good. She tastes and figures it could use a pinch of salt.

After adding the salt, she heads back into the living room. She continues to the Princess Princess video.

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru is my favorite...

of the three shows. It also had at least three sequel episodes called Futari no Elder although I don't know if they were commercially released in the US.

I'd forgotten about the animation of Princess Princess which ran for around five or six volumes of Japanese comic (manga). One of my favorite stories is Day of Revolution which consists of two volumes by the same artists as Princess Princess and is centered around Mikoto's girlfriend, Megumi. While Megumi appeared in the Princess Princess comic, I can't remember if she showed up in the animation or not.

Thank you for the chapter.