City Rat Chp. 4

Printer-friendly version

A smile appears on Marcus’s face as Tonya walks into his office. He is happy to see that she wasn’t hurt.

“Come over here and give me a hug.” Marcus stands up to hug Tonya.

Tonya walks over to Marcus and hugs him. Ever since she saved his life, he has been like a father to her. Better than her stepfather had been towards her. Her mother was no angel either.

Marcus returns the hug. He holds Tonya close to his body. She reminded him of his sister before she was murdered. He releases her, after holding her for a few minutes.

“Now, why don’t you tell me what happened between you and Anthony.” Marcus motions for Tonya to sit down in the chair in front of his desk.

“Don’t forget about Enzo as well.” Tonya walks over and sits down in the chair.

“Did you say Enzo?” Marcus knew who Enzo was and what his reputation was.

“Yes sir. Enzo was on the boat as well. Anthony had invited him to go with us. He was also the one that drugged my drink and strip me of my clothes as well.” Tonya shivers from thinking about that day.

“And Anthony went along with this?” Marcus was watching Tonya.

“He was happy about it. He said after he and Enzo got done pleasuring themselves with my body. They were going to dump me into the ocean and let the sharks eat me.” Tonya couldn’t believe Anthony would do something like that to her.

“I never knew Anthony would do something like that. How did you kill me?” Marcus got a report about Anthony and Enzo being killed.

“Some guy heard me screaming for help and he and his girlfriend sailed over to help me. When he and Enzo were fighting, I pushed Enzo and he tripped and was stabbed by the guy. As for Anthony, I managed to kick him and the guy that rescued me. He killed him.”

“Did you know the man that rescued you?” Marcus didn’t know who Tonya knew.

He did know, she would die for him. She already proved that the day she took a bullet for him.

“No sir, it wasn’t until today that I learned who he is?” Tonya knew she better be honest with Marcus.

“What is his name?” Marcus grabs a notepad and a pen.

“Anton Allister and he’s some sort of government agent. He didn’t say which government agency he is with, but he’s interested in you, dad. I also told him he was barking up the wrong tree as well.” Tonya was loyal to her adopted father.

Marcus was writing everything down that Tonya was telling him. He wonders how this Mr. Allister knew Tonya was in trouble, besides her screaming.

“Was he following you on the day Anthony attacked you?”

“No sir. I asked him if he was. From what I saw, he was out there with a young woman.” Tonya met the woman Anton was with.

“So, he just happened to be near enough to hear you scream?”

“I guess, so. I have never seen him before, but I’m glad he was there. If not, I wouldn’t be here right now.” Tonya saw how serious Anthony had been.

“I’m not doubting you, Tonya. It’s just I find it strange he knew where you were. You said he was out with a young lady?”

“Yes sir. He was sailing with a cute young woman. I’ve never seen her before.” Tonya didn’t know who the woman could be.

Marcus writes that down. He’ll have to check with the marina where the boats had been taken too. He puts his pen down “thank you, Tonya. So, other than Anthony attacking you. What else have you been up to?”

“Just practicing some moves for a skateboard contest coming up in a few months. There’s a thousand-dollar reward for the winner.” Tonya wanted to win the contest.

“You know if you need cash. I will give it to you with no strings attached.” Marcus didn’t mind giving Tonya cash.

“I know and thank you.”

A buzzer on Marcus’s desk sounds. He looks at Tonya “it looks like dinner is ready. Come on, let’s put some food into you.”

“Okay.”

Tonya follows Marcus to the dining room and sits down at the table. She watches as Lucia fixes her plate. She knew Lucia was going to make sure she got enough food to eat.

Tonya spends most of the evening with Marcus. She enjoys dinner and dessert afterward. She plays a few rounds of pool with the guys and Marcus. She loses a few but wins most of the round.

Around midnight, the guys brought her to Marcus’s place. They take her home and give her some cash from Marcus.

“I can’t take this, guys.”

“Hey, your father told us to give it to you. So, we’re giving it to you. What you do with it, isn’t any of our concern.” Jerry looks at Tonya with a serious look on his face.

“Okay, and thanks, Jerry.” Tonya gets out of the car once they arrive at the gas station.

She watches as Jerry and Tony drive off. She walks over to the front of her place and unlocks the door. She relocks the door and gets ready for bed. She covers up a yawn as she undresses.

She felt full and satisfied and ready to fall asleep. She crawls under her covers on her bed and closes her eyes. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

An admirable loyalty

Tonya is an interesting combination of wise beyond her years and naivety beyond comprehension. In spite of her situation and apparent lack of morality she seems an entirely sympathetic character to me and I hope and wish her well.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive