Changing Roles - Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version

th1E5FMWIT.jpg

Changing Roles
By Julie Dawn Cole
Chapter 18

Before I’d had chance to put on any make-up my buzzer sounded. Emily had arrived early and was expecting me to invite her up to my apartment. I released the lock and opened my apartment door awaiting her exiting the lift at the end of the corridor. She surprised me by taking the stairs and she appeared with a broad smile across her face hardly out of breath.
‘Keeps me fit and no point going to a spa day out of condition is there?’
I smiled nervously still apprehensive about what might lie ahead. ‘I don’t know what to expect and I certainly couldn’t have climbed the stairs as quickly as that.’

We went inside my apartment, and she sat at the breakfast bar whilst I tried to tidy a few things away out of sight. I explained that I was trying to decide whether or not I should make-up my face but she hadn’t and she said not to waste my time since we’d be removing it anyway after we checked in. Emily had beautiful smooth skin and certainly didn’t need make-up, but I was a different prospect. I was lucky to have smooth skin since I’d shaved what hairs I had whilst showering. Still my skin wasn’t smooth and soft like hers.
‘We’ll be getting facials and I’ve included a thalassotherapy pool session in the package before our lunch to sooth our bodies from aches and pains so just pack your bag and let’s get going.’

‘Does that mean we will be stripping down and exposing our bodies? I can’t do that or we’ll be ejected.’
‘No we won’t we’ll just have the neck and back done and our hands and feet and maybe our legs. Nothing higher that our thighs so don’t panic. When we go for the pool session there are so many bubbles caused by the jets that nobody is going to see anything. Anyway it will just be the two of us in the pool that is like a big bath and I promise to look away. ’

‘So, nobody hosing us down then?’

‘No, I’ve checked on line and with the hotel so you can relax. If it still bothers you then you can wear a swimsuit or some bikini bottoms. I’ve packed some just in case and they will fit you.’

I felt better and was also reassured that we were wearing similar outfits and that we were of similar size. I didn’t look like a man dressed in feminine sports gear. I felt comfortable in Emily’s company and was finding it hard to believe that she was anything but sincere in her behaviour despite Sally’s concerns.

The drive to Harrogate was much quicker than I expected that no doubt was because it was early on Sunday and the hotel was set in the countryside rather than in the town, so it was peaceful and picturesque in a nice setting. We headed to the spa and checked in with Emily taking charge and ensuring that we had the exclusive package she’d booked that was out of my income bracket. I wondered what mum and dad would think of me if they could understand what was going on. Somehow, I doubted whether I’d have ever had the courage to explore this side of me for fear of embarrassing them. I didn’t have anybody close to me to upset anymore.

The receptionist was very friendly and chatted to Emily whilst I stood a few feet away. They seemed to be deliberately lowering their voices and I couldn’t make out what they were discussing. It would have been rude to step closer, so I tried to look away and read the brochure that I picked up from a side table. I was impressed with what I saw of the facilities in the photographs.

We were given security bands and escorted to a lounge area where we were served coffee and croissants. There were small tables with other guests all of whom were females. No males at all. After our refreshments we were directed towards the changing areas and fortunately there were private dressing cubicles, so I was able to avoid any embarrassment and I opted for the bikini briefs with the added protection of a soft white dressing gown covering me in case of unexpected visitors and to protect my modesty from Emily.

We entered the door marked thalassotherapy and Emily went first with me staying behind in case it was occupied. It seemed to be reserved for our session and a female attendant explained how it worked and how long we should stay in the bath. She switched on the jets and left us to our own devices. Emily turned her back, removed her bathrobe and placed her towel on a bench then stepped into the large bath and lay back until she was fully submerged up to her shoulders. I couldn’t avoid looking at her and she seemed quite confident about exposing her breasts in front of me. She beckoned me to join her and said she’d protect my modesty by looking away.

I turned away before removing my robe and eased myself into the water that was a few degrees above room temperature. It was very salty since it was supposed to be a seawater bath but we were at least 70 miles from the sea and I couldn’t imagine it being piped or transported that distance. We were side by side and then Emily reached to increase the intensity of the jets that surrounded us. Now it didn’t matter if I was nude since the Jetstream’s made it impossible to see much. Not that I was looking of course. We had 20 minutes with jets gently massaging our bodies according to Emily and it was very relaxing although I was at a loss to see the logic of using seawater. It was supposed to soften and tone up the skin and cure aches and pains. I’d heard of athletes and racehorses running in the sea to aid the recovery of muscle injuries but the furthest I’d ever ventured at the coast was up to my knees since it was the North Sea that was too cold. Probably that caused numbness rather than curing anything.

‘This is nice don’t you think Julie?’

‘It’s relaxing but I’m trying not to talk in case I swallow the salty water. I hope it is treated like in a swimming pool.’

‘Well, we do have seawater pools at some seaside places so it’s no different.’

The jet pressure was set to automatic, so it increased in intensity then reduced and increased again a few times and more jets opened in the base of the bath and the effect was like sitting in the surf at the beach on the oceans edge but without the discomfort of sand to worry about.
Emily sat up to get more comfortable exposing her breasts above the water line as she did so, and she seemed to be completely at ease in front of me. ‘Come on Julie don’t be shy. It’s not like you have much up top to worry about but I realise this might be your first time sharing a bathing bath. Is it?’

‘Yes, it is. I never did anything like this before and it is a bit weird. It’s not fair on you.’

‘Don’t worry Julie I’m used to bathing and showering topless. Don’t forget that I went to an all-girls school so exposing our breasts was almost natural. You must have showered or bathed with boys after gym class or sports activities at school.’

‘I did but it was awkward, so I usually waited until most of the boys were done or I’d shower later at home. If I went in the large communal bath, I’d be last out otherwise I was the subject of ridicule. I wasn’t comfortable without my swimming trunks that were not allowed. I was slow through puberty.’

That caused Emily to smile a little and she took my hand and squeezed it. ‘Didn’t the sports master ever intervene?’

‘No because they always waited until he was distracted or in his small room. I suppose that I was my own worst enemy since I let them see I didn’t like it rather than just laughing with them.’

‘Boys are so cruel it must have been awkward. I notice that you do have a puffy chest for someone so slender. Was that the real problem or just lack of size down below?’

‘Yes, it didn’t help when I was accused of having girls boobs so mum insisted, I visited the family doctor. He said it was common for boys in their early teens and it was supposed to sort itself out in time, but it never did. I’ve got used to them I suppose.’

‘Well, I’ve seen girls at college with flatter chests. They’d have gladly swopped with you.’

‘Some of the upper body exercises I do each morning are supposed to tone up my chest area and I tried to intensify my routine, but recently I’ve given up.’
She laughed and said, ‘Well pardon the pun but maybe they’ve grown on you.’

I smiled back ‘I don’t think they’ll ever compete with yours. It must feel good to wear a bra.’

‘It’s something that girls look forward to as they go through puberty and so now you’ve almost gone through yours at work so it’s a good time to enjoy yourself and get yours out of your underwear drawer.’

‘You mean you want me to wear one for work? That is a big ask.’

‘It is not an ask Julie it’s time you faced facts and realised how feminine you really are. Tomorrow can be the day you came into full bloom and once through that obstacle then Tuesday should be a piece of cake. Afterall you did great yesterday and if the rest of today goes as planned your nervousness will be gone I’m sure. It’s not like your boss is going to suspend you or give you the sack. It’s not a justified reason these days unless I’m mistaken. Do you need it in writing? I’ll do that if it helps.’

I was too embarrassed to acknowledge what Emily had offered and to continue the conversation so after a period of silence I suggested we move on to the shower before the next activity that was a choice of a facial and then a body massage or a visit to the state of the art gymnasium before lunch. It was a given as far as I was concerned even though I was apprehensive about being exposed. I wasn’t into building muscle or running or going on steppers, lifting weights whatever and I preferred yoga to keep myself fit. Sadly, it wasn’t an option.

Emily was conscious of my shyness and reluctance to exercise so she showered first whilst I sat outside the communal shower area waiting until she had finished. She stepped out and walked towards me after drying herself somewhat seductively that she must have done purposely to look for a response. Nothing was left to the imagination and whilst there was no effect on my manhood, I couldn’t help but be impressed with her slender body and smooth tanned skin. She then wrapped a fresh large towel around her body and gave me a broad smile. ‘All yours Julie and remember there is no need to wash your hair that comes later so just use a shower cap. No need for us to look glamourous at lunch since we’ll all be in the same situation. No men around to ogle us. Present company excepted of course.’

I removed my bikini bottoms with my back to Emily and took a shower cap from a shelf and turned on the shower. I used the shower gel to soap my body and stroked my nipples that were getting aroused and I’d no idea why. Maybe because of the kind comments from Emily and her acceptance of me having what amounted to budding breasts. The water was warm and comforting and I closed my eyes to let the spray fall onto my shoulders and then onto my back before realising what I’d just done. When I opened them I was facing Emily who was waiting with my towel to wrap around me. She saw everything yet she said nothing.

I took time to dry my body and removed the shower cap and she held out my bath robe and passed me a fresh pair of slippers that were complementary. What could I say she had seen everything yet she never reacted. She just passed me a fresh pair of panties out of my bag that she insisted I wear during lunch. She had done the same.

‘Julie I’m pleased to confirm that you have just graduated to womanhood. I knew this was the real you when we first met. You have pretty features as we found out yesterday. Are you ready to eat?’

‘Like this? Shouldn’t we dress first?’

‘You are one of the girls now so we can relax since this is normal for girls only in a Spa café.’

I followed her through to the café and we found a table in one corner. There were about 12 girls spread over 4 or 5 tables all chattering and they all looked across as we entered. Emily said hello and introduced us but I’d no idea of any of the names that were offered in response. A few of them were relaxing before attending a wedding the following weekend but the bride wasn’t in attendance.

We ordered soups and salads that came fairly quickly and were served with sparkling water after Emily decided we should decline the offer of wine that was part of the package. My first experience of visiting a spa and so far so good.

After a coffee we headed towards the massage and beauty rooms.

Surely Sally was wrong about Emily. It felt like she was treating me as a girlfriend rather than as her PA or a work colleague. She was pushing me hard though and I couldn't stop myself. This weekend and this day out were special and today was a dream come true.

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Dream Come True

Dee Sylvan's picture

Indeed it is. Lots of readers are wishing they were Julie about now. I still think of Emily as a big sister to Julie, but who knows what the future will hold.

Thank you for this check mark on my bucket list Jules. I am glad to read that Julie is appreciating this day more and more.

DeeDee

I can’t help but wonder……

D. Eden's picture

With all the comments about Sally and her worries, just how likely is Sally to be correct?

If there was nothing to her feelings, then why keep bringing it up in the story? Could this all be an elaborate ruse to find a justification to be rid of Julian? Or does Emily have some other underlying reason for her actions? She is spending a lot of money on these activities - is it because she has feelings for Julie Ann, or for Julian, or is she looking for a legal way to can Julian?

I am not sure where this is headed, but I am starting to get a bad feeling about Emily. If I were Julie Anne, I would take Emily up on her offer of putting things in writing.

Maybe I’m being paranoid, but the real question is whether I am being paranoid enough!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I'm not sure about Emily's intentions either,

Julia Miller's picture

But why would she spend all this time and effort on Julie? That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know why she would do all this just to frame Julie or fire her. If that was her intention, I am sure it would have happened some time ago. If you are right about Emily having ill intentions, you can tell us I told you so. lol I prefer to think Emily has plans for Julie, though it's not apparent what they are at this point, but she is grooming her for something.

It's Possible

joannebarbarella's picture

To see all sorts of evil intentions in Emily's treatment of Julian/Julie Ann, but that is not the vibe I get from this whole story. So far, their relationship has been wholly beneficial to Julie, unless you get suspicious about the gentle shoves towards feminisation.

Julie wants that but she's been too nervous to embrace her inner Julie until now. I may be wrong but I prefer to see Emily as a benefactor, not a villain.

Only our authoress knows the answer.

Possibilities

Nyssa's picture

I just caught up after falling several chapters behind. Emily certainly seems to be grooming (a word I saw Julia use in another comment) Julie for something. I don't think it's to expose her or get her out of the way - she could have don that already. Maybe she is getting a rush out of helping Julie blossom as a proxy for what she didn't do for her brother, but I keep thinking of Pygmalion. She may fall in love with her "creation" (which really means falling in love with her own power), which leaves Julie as somewhat less than a person in the relationship and more of a cause. Add in the power dynamic at work, and hoo boy, what a fraught situation. I do like how Julie whines less and less as she comes to accept herself. Sorry, but she is something of a wet blanket, though I do love the story and think you're doing a great job! Thanks for sharing this unusual journey.

Almost there,

Wendy Jean's picture

Jules will soon become Julie.

Intersex ???

I've a building suspicion that Julie is only half male.