La Petite Mardi Gras (3)

Printer-friendly version

La Petite Mardi Gras: Part Three
A kiss ushers in the season of Lent

The crowds parted like the red sea as Ben ushered me onto the dance floor. The orchestra struck up a gentle waltz and slowly I wrapped my arms around Ben's shoulders as he wrapped his arms gently around my waist. This was the second dance we shared, and memories of our first dance at homecoming started to flood into me as we started to move across the polished floor. The lights started to dim and soon others joined in the dance, the last dance of the season, the last fleeting moments of pleasure before all the church bells in town would toll the death of pleasure and call the faithful to prayer and penance.

“Jamie.” Ben whispered as he held me tight. “It's been fun.” He said as he pulled me closer to him. I found myself turning to jelly in his tight embrace. I could feel every muscle in his arm starting to wrap tightly around me. It was such a warming embrace. It made me blush. It also caused me to crave his touch once more. A powerful desire to take him and hold him and to ride him overcame me. I quickly pushed those thoughts from my head. Not tonight, maybe another night.

“Its only getting started.” I said smiling as pulled my face away from his shoulder. “Valentine's Day just around the corner.” I said with a giggle.

“Of course.” He said smiling as we danced a little. “You know I'm so glad you're here with me right now. I thought I was going to lose you, you know a few months ago. So glad you pulled through, your really strong.” He said as he wrapped his arms tighter around me. Instead of fighting the embrace. I leaned into it. A happy sigh escaped my lips.

“Lets not talk about that.” I said at last. “I want to focus on our future together. That was scary yes, but you never left my side. And that showed me that you really cared about me.” I said choosing my words with care. I'm normally prone to putting my foot in my mouth if you will, but right now, I found myself thinking over my words before I spoke them. 

“Okay.” He said smiling as he wrapped his arms a little more tightly around me. “And of course I care about you. You were cherry.” He said in a low whispered tone voice. “You were my first.”

I felt my cheeks flush with color. It was romantic in its own way, and once more memories of that night started to flood into my mind. I don't remember much, just a sense of giggling anticipation as we climbed the ladder to the hayloft and then bliss. Pure bliss, all the colors of the rainbow seemed to swirl around us. All my senses were heightened and every touch seemed to send shockwaves through my body. At the height of it, our very souls seemed to fuse together and become on.

“Hey, you were my first too.” I said giggling a little. 

“We should do that again sometimes.” He said, giving me a little smirk that caused me to giggle. I wanted to do it again, I really did, but I was just saving it, saving it for a moment that seemed right. Saving it for the right time. I thought about sweet talking him into tonight, but it seemed off, like I would rushing things. All I wanted was to be held by him, held tight by him. 

“Sometimes. But not tonight. Let's just cuddle and kiss tonight.” I said blushing as I stood up on my tip of my toes to plant a kiss on his lips. Ben then leaned down and a moment later our lips touched and interlocked. And then the real fireworks started.
Colors bloomed before my eyes, sparks of passion ran through my body, my body seemed to become ridged and still and my breathing shallow as we locked lips and kissed. It was the kind of kiss you see all to often in teen movies, the kind of kiss that takes your breath away and leaves you wanting more, yes the kind of kiss that leaves you wanting more, the kind of kiss that makes you forget about yourself for a moment, the kind of kiss that makes you want to dive head first into a sea of lust.

It was the kind of kiss that made me want to pull that dress over my head, drop my bra, lower my panties and mount that boy and ride him long and hard. Thankfully we were in a crowded ballroom, because I'm sure if we'd been along I'd given into that powerful temptation. Lust is one hell of a drug I tell you what my friends.

“GET A ROOM YOU TOO!” Two voices cried in unison. “JAMIE SARAH POTTER,” The first voice cried out in a loud booming tone that echoed across the room. “BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ALLEN!” The second voice cried out. And well that stopped our kissing cold.

A moment later, Ben and I pulled apart and both of us started to blush as all eyes had focused on us. A good number of old church ladies were whispering behind paper fans. No doubt shocked beyond belief at the loose display of morals being displayed in front of the. The sight of the ladies whispering behind their paper fans caused me to blush, my blush only deepened when Lily and Joan came rushing up to us. It seemed it had been those two who had called our names out.

“What in the world!” Bellowed Lily. “Jamie, mom raised you better than that!” Lily scolded. “A kiss is one thing, but you were eating that poor boy's face. I heard you groaning and moaning all across the room. Mercy girl, have a little self control.”

“And you Benjamin Franklin Allen.” Joan chimed in. “You were eating the poor girl's face. I mean Jamie has to breathe too! And you were groaning and moaning up a storm. Jesus, get a room for you two.” Joan said with a roll of her eyes. “On second thought, don't get a room, there is a broom closet right over there.” She said hitching up her arm and pointing with her small index finger toward a small closet that was tucked into the corner of the room.

“Joan!” Lily said with a sigh. “Don't give my little sister any ideas..”

“That's the problem.” Joan said with a smirk. “She is your little sister, and the apple never falls far from the tree. You forget that your dad and my dad are best friends. And I've heard plenty of stories about the stunts your dad and his brother got up to growing up.” Still smirking, Joan peered toward Lily with a look that made my blood run cold. “And I've been  your friend since middle school too, I know a thing or two about you.” She added.

“OKAY!” Lily hooted as turned around and folded her arms across her chest.  “That's enough! Jamie Sarah Potter, I expect a little more self control from you in the future young lady.” She said, turning her head around and peering over her shoulder. “One more stunt like that, and I can promise you, I will turn you over my knee, flip your dress and petticoat and tan that bottom of yours. And don't pout, I'm your older sister, I have that right.” Lily threatened as she started to stalk away.

“And Benjamin Franklin Allen.” Joan said as she peered toward Ben. “Try to control yourself too. And remember, you gotta give Jamie a chance to breathe. Just have fun, and have a good time. But don't get too carried away. And if you get carried away, please guys, go somewhere private.” And with that Joan floated away. 
In the aftermath of that little outburst, Ben and I could do nothing but stand there. I felt totally embarrassed both for letting my emotions get the best of me and for getting called out like that by my older sister. Ben on the other hand seemed prideful and wore a smirk on his face. Slowly he turned around and winked at me before saying.

“So, round two in the broom closet?” He said in a teasing tone of voice. “Or want to get some sweet revenge and go hog wild in Joan's bed?” He suggested with a wicked grin upon his face. 

I had to blink at that, part of wanting to know what in the world was going through that boy's head at this very moment. First he was suggesting a broom closet and now he was suggesting that he and I do the deed in his big sisters bed, in her bedroom. I mean I have a twisted sense of humor too. But lord have mercy, Joan would have a running duck fit if she found out. Heck she might even burn her sheets if we got too wild. I'm not going to lie a wicked little smile formed upon my lips as the mental image of Joan raging her little head off as she stripped her sheets and tossed them into a furnace entered into my head. 

And yes, that little devil girl that normally sits on the right side of my shoulder started whispering sweet words of encouragement. The angel that normally sits on the left side of my shoulder started to scold me and lecture, saying that I should be ashamed of myself for even entertaining such ideas. In the end the voice of that little white robed angel won out and silenced the devil. Its a shame too, sometimes that little sexy clad devil Jamie has some really fun and neat ideas. Maybe I should start taking note of what she says instead of the white robed Jamie with the flickering halo above her head.

“Maybe another time. Besides, I don't want to get in trouble with my future sister-in-law yet.” I said, sighing. “Maybe we could do that on prom night or something.” I suggested. 

“Well. How about this.” Ben said, still smirking. “Since we can't kiss here on the ballroom floor. Why don't you follow me upstairs? There are a number of balconies up stairs, we can see all of Benton from up there. And it would be romantic. I can't think of a better way to usher in the start of Lent than kissing you once more under the starry heavens.” Ben said as he leaned over and whispered those words into my ears. They made me shiver. The idea was so romantic that before I could help myself. I started to blush.

“That sounds fun.” I said blushing as I leaned in. “But I want to kiss you once more here.” And with that we kissed. I'm not sure how long we kissed, but all around us others were kissing too. Even Lily and Joan. Then it happened, the big brass bells of All Saints Catholic Church started to ring and soon the brass bells of St. Mary's Episcopal Church joined in. And before long all the church bells started to chime. The party was over, Carnival was over, now the season of Lent had begun.

“A kiss ushers in Lent.” Ben said, smiling as he peered down at me. “Ms. Potter, one day, I promise you, I'll make you Mrs. Allen.” He said with the most handsome of smiles. Looking at that smile made my heart jump into my throat and caused me to feel choked. It only lasted a moment though.

“Jamie Sarah Allen.” I said, smiling sweetly. “I like the sound of that. Just don't make me wait too long.” And with that another chapter in my life comes to an end. It seemed I was keeping my word after all. I was doing my best to give Jamie the best possible life she could ever have. A life that was totally different from the life James had lived. And yet a small part of me had to wonder, where would my life have been if I'd never discovered Jamie? I guess something will remain a mystery forever.

But stick around, there is more to come.

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yow!

Sorry, kids! There's a burn ban at the dance! No forest fires allowed!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin