Wendy Agreed

Printer-friendly version


Wendy Agreed
(We Agreed)


By Jessica C


=^_^=


This story is an outgrowth of We Agreed; which was originally written as a solo story. You may want to read We Agreed before reading this one.

Elaine, our girls, and I took our time getting ready to leave the hotel we stayed at. Last night was my first night out as Adriana. I had been found by our two daughters cross-dressing, which resulted in us going out to eat. New Hope is known as an LGBT-friendly community and The Underground Vine is a child-friendly place up until 9:00 p.m.

Because we drank as much as we did, we chose to stay at a nearby hotel. I stayed as Adriana and like a second mother helped with getting Aubrey and Darby dressed. Elaine had a nice outfit for me, but this was daytime.

Elaine helped me to look presentable, but not a fashion plate of femineity. She advised me, “Remember what Constance said last night about accepting yourself. You might find some comfort that no one around here is going to know who you are. Hopefully, they will see that we accept you and that you are comfortable with yourself. That should be sufficient.”

I was initially uncomfortable in stepping out and going to get the breakfast buffet. Elaine advised me that my discomfort could affect the children. Thinking of how I looked; I knew Elaine had made it so that I should not be embarrassed. I picked up Darby who was wanting more attention. She hugged my face and commented, “Thank you, Daddy, I think you look nice and I’m glad you’re proud of me when you are like this It is like I have another mommy to help me.”

There was another couple and child who rode down on the elevator with us. The woman looked amused but didn’t say anything. The man pulled his child closer to him, now I was amused. His wife commented to Elaine, “You’ve helped her to present himself quite well. You’re a better woman than I.”

Elaine had looked at the husband and noticed he must have had heart surgery. “It appears you were with your husband through open-heart surgery. We seek to be strong and be there for them each in our way. This is Adriana’s first time out in public and I’m a bit proud of how well she’s going.”

We were soon on the main floor and everyone went to the breakfast buffet. Where there was a new set of stares and people mumbling. Aubrey was the one who commented, “Yes, that’s our Dad.” Their staring turned to glances and the mumbling to a whisper.

I concentrated on helping Darby and myself get breakfast. Darby told me, “I don’t want oatmeal or cereal, can I have the scrambled eggs and sausage?” She also chose chocolate milk and a banana. It reminded me how simple things can be important and what they’re wanting.

There was a TV on and news of another shooting and some who died or were hurt. Elaine commented on the night before and what the children liked about the evening. Darby said that Madi was very nice and she hoped to see her again. Aubrey said, “I thought you made a pretty couple dancing. I know you wanted Darby to be with Madi, but I thought I should have been big enough to stay with you.”

Elaine and I both complimented her on cooperating without a fuss.

Two couples were who were sitting together, asked, “Can you tell us where you were; it sounds like you were well received.” One man had telltale signs that he might have been a crossdresser. One woman came over to talk more confidentially, in a whisper, “I don’t mean to intrude, but I’m bisexual. If my husband dresses; I was wondering if you knew if there were other women that I might dance with?” Elaine stood up and walked away with the woman, and they seemed pleased with their short conversation. I did hear the Underground Vine mentioned, and basic directions.

I was pleased when we left the hotel and were on our way back. I had wished to change before going home. But as Elaine commented, our garage was attached to the house and we could drive in without drawing attention to how we were dressed.

It was a nice day but a little cloudy and drizzling here and there. That should have limited people being walking about.

I was driving and Elaine was the one pleased, “It seems like if people pass and look over they are just seeing two women, did you notice that?” I had checked a couple of times and it was as she said. By the end of the trip home, I was more relaxed about being myself.

But when I was turning into our driveway and using the automatic garage door opener, I notice my sister Wendy sitting in her car. I looked to Elaine with a questioning look.

Elaine said, “She called the house last night and came by this morning to see if things were alright. She text me, I told her we were on our way home and that Adriana was with us. She wanted to stop by and see how you’re doing. I had to confide in someone. She said she knew about you since you started getting into her clothes. She thought you had stopped like you said you would.”

After I informed her that you were dressing again, she started researching about transgender women for herself. Wendy agreed with me that it doesn’t seem like you’re going to ever stop.”

Well, I not only pulled the car into the garage but I closed the door as soon as I turned off the motor. I had to help Darby get out of her car seat and she was half-asleep as I carried her into the house and up to her room and let her take a nap.

When I came back downstairs Wendy was in the house and walking over to greet me with a hug. She paused long enough to see me, “My don’t you make another pretty one of us girls. You know your mother will be wanting to see you sometime?”

Aubrey came to my rescue, “Don’t go making fun of my father. He did good cooperating with my Mom and they might do it again. But that doesn’t mean you should tease him, Aunt Wendy.”

Wendy gave Aubrey a reassuring hug, “I’m not out to tease him. I’m not saying my Michael will understand or that you Uncle Bret won’t tease him. Your daddy’s brother never cared about your daddy’s softer side. Fortunately, he lives in Dallas and doesn’t come back much.”

Elaine had come back into the living room and looked at Adam. “Why don’t you go into our room and change back into what you wore last night, a do your makeup?”

I was already embarrassed, and Elaine realized that. “No, it’s not to embarrass you. You looked very nice; I think Wendy would be delightfully surprised.”

Wendy had a serious look on her face, “Please, I’ve caught you dressing before. I’d be tickled to see how nice you look like a woman who can go out in public.” It took a few minutes of coaxing before I agreed, but I went to change.

=^_^=


My older sister Yvonne lives in a town nearby while Wendy lives in the same small city as us and but close to our Mom, Zoey Droll, and Grandma Cora Rella who lives with her. Cora came from a long family line of people who did embroidery work. I cannot lie that such fancy stitchery caught my eye as a young boy. I was jealous of my sisters who had skirts, jeans, blouses, and dresses filled with their beauty. Grandma had taught there could be too much of a good thing unless it was for a festival or celebrating our Greek heritage.

Grandma said I got my dark beautiful hair from her and her family. She was upset though she rarely admitted that my mother married my father Frank Droll. My father and the extended family could trace their roots in America to the mid-1800s seeking democracy. They distanced themselves from their German heritage after WWI and II.

My father saw my sensitivity as a weakness, although I was successful and well respected in the business community. Bret who had played football even in college was his favored son. Probably the reason when he divorced my mom he moved to be closer to my brother in Dallas.

=^_^=


It felt strange, but somehow I felt good about dressing as Adriana and looking good for my sister. The dress was still good and felt nice going on. I sat at Elaine’s vanity did it up as Elaine had done for last evening. Even double-checking and being pleased I knew it was probably as nice as last night. But I was happy as I went out to show Wendy my dress.

“Oh my,” was Wendy’s expression. And Elaine said, “I was getting ready to come and help you.”

“I tried to do like you did for me yesterday,” I told Elaine. I tried to apologize but was stopped. Wendy stopped me, “We should go to Elias’ Timeless Tavern sometime with you looking like that. You and I could get some Greek men talking.”

Darby had awakened from her nap and came out and hugged Elaine. Aubrey came and cuddled with Wendy and me. Wendy said, “I like the fact that they are so comfortable with you Adriana.”

I had Elaine to thank for that. She had wanted to girls to see my being Adriana as something good, if not normal for us. I knew we had some lamb available so I heated it and got out the needed rolls to make Gyros. It was Sunday and nothing to cause us to rush. I had made myself busy cooking some stir-fry vegetables and preparing a salad. Then I heard others come into the house and got nervous. I was taking off my apron when I heard Grandma Cora, “Do not take off the apron for me. I like it.”

I asked, “Did you know or did they tell you? Yvonne and her Cousin Julia were the first to dress you, or don’t you remember that?”

I said, “I thought it was Wendy and then Yvonne helping her.”

Grandma said, “I was at your house when you used your contralto voice to sing girls’ songs. It has been a long time in coming but not much of a surprise. Except for Elaine, Aubrey, and Darby.” Grandma encouraged me to get back to preparing the salad. I measured out a small bottle of oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, and shook it. “You make a good husband; the man is responsible for bringing down the family recipes if he wants the tastes he grew up with. Your Elaine is a good cook too, I am surprised you have kept your figure.” I confessed it was not easy.

Grandma called Wendy and Elaine, “Could you two set the table and I will help with the stir-fry? Elaine asked if I was comfortable?

“Isn’t it a little late to ask that question,” I said?

Elaine said, “It was a rhetorical question; the answer was assumed.”

My Mom said, “I am glad you are using a good quality Peta bread.” Then after I took off my apron and sat down with them. We were halfway into the meal and my mother asked, “What do others see about Adriana that is different from Adam?” It took a moment but Wendy asked, “Is it how clean she is? She’s both cooked dinner and has been eating without any spills or food on her.”

I stopped and noticed that I was eating my gyro with the tips of my fingers and had a napkin in my lap. Elaine said, “There are times I can tell Adriana is present by some of her mannerisms.”

Wendy said, “What I liked, she was always quick in getting out of the girl clothes than she was in changing mannerisms.”

I said that was not true, but the only females who hadn’t realized that was true, were by daughters. Wendy said, “That was something that upset our Dad before he moved away.

I said, “But I like being Adam.”

Wendy said, “I agree, but it is part of what is unique about your version of being you.”

Darby spoke up, “Aren’t you going to show Aubrey and me more attention?”

The day continued, and it was relatively early when my mother and grandmother left. Wendy did not stay long, but she was part of our discussion, ‘Where do we go from here?’

It was readily agreed that it was Elaine and my decision, and it was with Wendy’s agreement that I shouldn’t withdraw back into myself. I hadn’t seen Dr. Sara Atmeier in over two years. She and I were familiar and comfortable with each other and that I wouldn’t be starting from square one.

Elaine said, “I would like eventually to be in counseling with you, but separate from your time with Dr. Atmeier…

To be continued…

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It seems

That Adriana is going to be a permanent part of the family.