A different Angel 08

Printer-friendly version

Then Helen explained that Christopher was coming back from the hospital and really they needed to talk as a family over what had happened. This triggered Tracy to feel uncomfortable again. Ginny's mother decided that it was time to be going and reminded Ginny not to gossip about what she had said or heard today........

A different Angel 8,

A few hours later Christopher returned home and the hope could be seen on his face. Tracy huddled at the kitchen table and Helen sat next to her waiting the news from the hospital. Christopher could sense the tension from his eldest son but also there seemed to be something else overlaid on him. There also wasn't the sullen posture that had become the usual for David in the past few years.

He waited for either of them to say something and after a pregnant pause of over 5 minutes started to explain what was happening at the hospital. It was now apparent that Richards spine had only been bruised and the swelling had stated to go down so feeling was returning. In fact the doctors were surprised at how fast Richard was improving. They thought the bruising had not been that severe and with the anti-inflammatory treatments they were using had also speeded up the process.

“now that's out of the way, why does it feel like a wet weekend in Bangor in here?” Christopher asked.

Helen looked at Tracy with a small amount of encouragement in her eyes and Tracy swallowed hard.

“Daddy I..I..” Tracy stumbled.

Christopher was surprised and a little shocked his eldest son used such a feminine or childish way to address him. He also saw the look of fear that was on David's face, he wondered what it was that was so frightening to say. He was a gentle caring man and he moved to stand next to his child and laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. He squeezed gently and then moved back around the table to sit and face his wife and eldest.

“I really have no idea why you are so frightened David and talking the way you are, just know what ever it is it will not change the love I have for my children”

As he said that David/Tracy broke down and started to sob loudly and Helen went white. This scared Christopher especially after David had explained about accidentally knocking the stone that had struck Richard. Had Helen gone to the police and said something. Was his eldest facing charges, would his family fall apart. Was that why both of them were so scared he really had no idea. He saw David swallow and collect his thoughts, and clench his fists and Helen lay a hand on top of the hand nearest her.

“Chris, Damn this is hard I really don't know how to tell you this” Helen started and that increased Christopher's feelings of unease.

“It's okay Mummy I can tell Daddy as it is only right coming from me” Tracy/David looked up with eyes wet with tears.

“Daddy first I have to apologise I haven't been the best child and well kinda part of it is I kinda ain't your son,” she swallowed trying to get more courage, “ well I kinda always felt kinda like I shoulda been a daughter” The last came out in a rush.

To say this revelation shocked Christopher to the core and it just seemed to add to the stresses he was under. After what had happened with Richard he couldn't help but feel that David was trying to get the attention all back on himself. He then saw the fear and pain and it cut through the fog of stresses. His kind heart and love for his family over rode the mean thoughts and the fact that one of his children was hurting drove him to want to make it better.

Tracy watched the brief flicker of anger on her dads face and shrunk into her seat. Helen saw the movement and reached over and hugged her hidden daughter. Christopher saw this and his heart really melted and he stepped back round to join that embrace. He wasn't as naïve as his wife, he knew about trans persons. In fact one of his co workers had changed gender in the past 5 years and she was a good machinist.

Tracy could feel the acceptance from her dad and she relaxed, Helen on the other hand was showing signs of worry. As earlier she was typical of a woman of her social status and back ground. Then as she saw the support her husband had for their child, she started to realise in herself that if she went to that way of thinking then she would harm her child. That realisation rocked her to the core again, it made her feel small for the second time that day.

“What will Richard think of me!” Tracy wailed ….........

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I well remember ….

I well remember those kind of feelings around my own coming out. Before you start telling the world, you have the worst nightmares and fears about it. Some of those fears proved unfounded (most of the rest of the world), others I nailed spot on (my ex).

Anne Margarete

coming out to Dad

scary moment, but it looks hopeful

DogSig.png

Oh wow!

Poor Tracy. Coming out is rough, but it looks like her parents are handling it okay. I hope things go just as well with her little brother.

Family the hardest

Jamie Lee's picture

While it will be hard for Tracy to face the outside world, that's nothing compared to the fear she has in telling her family.

In the outside world she has the chance of going where she isn't known and start over. But with her family, she can't start over somewhere else where they won't know her. She's their child and will always be their child.

But in Christopher's case, he already has history with a TG person, and doesn't seem put off.

Like Helen, his first thought was the same, as was his second thought.

Real love is a powerful force, especially if it comes from parents. Coming from them a child can overcome the worst of their fears, knowing their parents will be there for them.

Others have feelings too.

If Tracy becomes a better person

And starts showing love towards her family I suspect Richard will love his new sister.