A different Angel 07

Printer-friendly version

Helen did a double take when she heard Ginny blurt that out after the conversation she had been having with David and his breakdown, maybe this child had a better insight into her child than she did. Ginny's mother was trying to shush her daughter but David didn't seem to be reacting in a negative manner to what she had said. She looked closely and she could see the feminine in the young man and she wondered if there was something there. Helen and Richard had always seemed to be normal and when she had dealings with David he was a thug. This was the first time she had seen a softer side to him and now it was being overlaid with a feminine filter.
A different Angel 7

Ginny's mother looked ashen at what her daughter had said to the young man. She was expecting David to protest what had been said and was surprised that he didn't get angry. In fact he was being gentle with Ginny there was a feminine air about him now she looked closely. Helen now could see the young woman that was inside her eldest son with how he was interacting with Ginny. It is said sometimes from the mouths of a child the truth will be revealed.

David watched the understanding bloom even further on his mothers face it continued to lift him. He impulsively hugged Ginny then stood and hugged the two older women, this really was the full turning point as the woman inside broke free to the surface. To the adults watching it was like a light being turned on, gone was the sullen macho over compensating street tough. In it's stead was a young woman starting to bloom into early adulthood.

This to the girl inside David was almost like a rebirth and she felt the sunlight for the first time. There wasn't a split of personalities more a case of the blocks that society had put in place by expectation were dropping. Ginny refused to let go of Davids waist and was smiling at the grown ups.

“David honey?” Helen asked and found she could not complete the sentence.

“I don't think Davids the right name any more mummy, I always felt like a Tracy” The emerging young woman stated.

Tracy smiled internally she had finally got her name and the last wall fell. The last macho mannerisms dropped as she emerged into the world fully for the first time. She hugged the little girl clinging to her and rubbed the small shoulder. Ginny's mother was thinking that this was best to be a private moment and there was also the thought was Ginny safe. She like Helen was the product of her upbringing anything unknown was dangerous and the press had spent many years turning trans persons into depraved villains.

The main thoughts now going through Helen's head was what would she tell Richard and Christopher and how would the community respond if David started dressing in skirts and dresses. Would he be like those drag queens and be over the top. What if the schools found out would she lose her job for having a pervert for a child. She then mentally slapped herself for that thought, David/Tracy showed no sign of anything other than a big sister to a little sister towards Ginny.

Tracy could see the conflict on her mothers face and there was still some conflicts in herself as well. How would daddy react and her little brother, would she still be able to live here. Would people attack the family and the house. How would friends react and other worries were starting to bubble up, her face started to cloud and tears picked at the corner of her eyes.

Ginny could feel the bigger girl that looked like a boy tense up and she could feel the worry in her stance. Like any caring child she did what she could by hugging the bigger girls hips again and looking up. She still thought it was strange the bigger girl had been called David but had said her name was Tracy. She liked Tracy's little brother he had come to save her, maybe he could save Tracy, yes there was a child's hero worship. She wanted to come and thank Richard properly for saving her and made her mummy bring her.

Tracy took a deep breath to get herself back under control and felt the hug from her waist and it helped centre her again. She didn't want the child to become upset with what was going on around her. She turned the macho behaviour on it's head and took the courage that was inside of her that had shown this morning and not fall apart.

Just then the house phone rang and all turned to look at it,Helen took a deep breath and reached for the handset. As she listened a smile started to spread over her face and then she started to quietly cry as the days stresses released. She hardly said anything and hung up with a love you to the caller and Tracy realised it was daddy on the other end.

“Richard can feel his legs and feet, Dad just phoned to tell me.” Helen let out a sigh as she told her oldest child.

“Mummy that's good news” Tracy replied a smile on her face.

Poor little Ginny looked confused so Tracy took the time to explain that Richard had hurt his back when he rescued her. Now he could feel his legs and feet that meant he was getting better. That made the little girl smile and jump up and down happily.

Then Helen explained that Christopher was coming back from the hospital and really they needed to talk as a family over what had happened. This triggered Tracy to feel uncomfortable again. Ginny's mother decided that it was time to be going and reminded Ginny not to gossip about what she had said or heard today.

Tbc.....

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Coming out...

...to both her mom and neighbors at the same time sounds kinda scary. I hope things don't come tumblin' down on her, just when she's finally able to start bein' herself. Maybe folks will take a clue from Ginny, who seemed to get things before anybody else?

Uncertainty a given

Jamie Lee's picture

Both women know there may be problems when word of Tracy gets out. The guys David hung with will give her hell, and maybe more in the form of violence.

Neither Helen nor Christopher should lose their jobs just because of a change in their family. That change isn't any business of their employers. Would they have been fired if Rich had lost the use of his legs. Or if Helen got pregnant? As long as the changes in their family doesn't affect their work they shouldn't be considered for termination.

Others have feelings too.

Typical little girls

Don't keep secrets very well.