Let the Music Play Chp. 13

Printer-friendly version

Lindsey looks at the matching faux leather outfits that Diana and Heidi had picked out to wear on stage. They were similar in appearance, but different as well. They showed off the young girls’ breasts and hugged their bodies. She looks at Diana and Heidi as they stood before her.

“What do you think, Kaja?” Lindsey looks towards her girlfriend for her opinion.

“I think the outfits make them look cute and sexy. Are you two sure you want to look like each other?” Kaja looks at both girls.

“Yes ma’am. We thought it might be cool. Plus, our outfits are different in design.” Heidi liked her outfit and the shoes she chose to go with it.

Kaja and Lindsey kept looking at both girls. They didn’t see anything wrong with the outfits. Some well-placed jewelry will separate them. They look at the drummer Brandi as she stood nearby. She had feather earrings that hung from her earlobes and was wearing a muscle shirt that had their bands design on it. Kaja drew up several designs for the girls and showed them to them. The girls saw one they liked and asked if they could have a few t-shirts and such made up.

Vicky was dressed in an oversized t-shirt that had the band's symbol on it and tight leggings. She had heels on with silver feathers earrings dangling from her ears. Molly, their synthesizer player, was wearing a tight pair of faux leather pants and a camisole. She had gotten her hair cut and had a pixie cut down to it.

“Well, what do you think Kaja? Will they pass the mom test?”

“Mom test, no. Crowd test, yes. The girls look like rock chicks with their outfits. We just have to work on their make-up and hairstyle.” Kaja felt the girls were looking good.

“I recommend that Brandi doesn’t wear too much make-up or it's going to run when she cut loose on the drums.” Lisa has been tutoring Brandi on the drums.

Under Lisa’s instruction and training, Brandi has gotten really good at playing. That was one area that Lindsey didn’t know much about. So, Lisa was willing to step in to help.

“I think I have a nice make-up idea for the girls in mind.” Kaja walks back to her SUV and grabs her make-up case. She brought it along with them when they left the house.

Lindsey had told Kaja and Lisa that she was preparing the girls for a gig she arranged for them on Friday. The owner at one of the places they performed at was willing to let the girls play. If he liked how they sounded, he would be willing to let them come in every weekend or every two weeks to play.

She heads back into the house where the girls normally played. Vicky, Diana, and Brandi were all sisters. Molly was Diana’s best friend and Heidi was Vicky’s best friend.

“Vicky, since you’re the lead singer, I want to do you first. So, come over here and sit down.” Kaja pats the chair at the dining room table she
set her make-up kit at.

Vicky walks over and sits down in the seat. She had a smile on her face as Kaja puts a barber cape on her. She mentally prepares herself for the transformation.

Kaja goes to work applying the make-up. The first colors she applied were alright, but it wasn’t what Lindsey was thinking for the girls. She goes back to work and tries several more times. It wasn’t until her fourth try, that they found the right colors and style.

“I like that style.” Lindsey looks at Vicky’s reflection in the mirrors surrounding her on the table.

“You’re right. This style is perfect for the group.” Kaja looks at the colors she used.

“Alright Diana, you’re next.” Kaja takes the cape off Vicky.

Vicky gets up and lets Diana take her place. Diana sits down at the table. She shivers when Kaja puts the cape on her.

For the next two hours, Kaja works on developing unique make-up styles for each girl. By the time they were done, all the girls had a unique style and they looked good.

“Kaja, you did a wonderful job on these girls.” Lindsey had a smile on her face.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Kaja was proud of herself as well.

“Alright girls, let's hear how well you play and come up with some moves.” Lindsey hopes the girls don’t freeze up on stage.

All the girls moan as they head out to the garage and pick up their instruments. Everything was already set up for them to play.

“You are a hard taskmaster you know that Lindsey?” Lisa looks at Lindsey.

“If I wasn’t hard, they wouldn’t sound like they do now.” Lindsey was proud of the girls.

“From the beginning girls. Vicky, you choose what order you want to do the songs on Friday.”

“Thanks, Lindsey.” Vicky smiles as she signal for the band to play.

The girls start playing and have fun coming up with moves for the songs. Vicky, Diana, and Heidi get into it as they interact with each other
during the different songs. All their voices sounded good together and no one was overpowering the others.

“They sound almost as good as us.” Lisa liked how they sounded.

“Almost. I think within a few more months, they could give us a run for our money.” Lindsey had a smile on her face.

The girls practice for two hours playing songs and dancing. When they were done playing, they hear clapping coming from behind Lindsey, Kaja, and Lisa.

“You girls sound really good.” Kimberly had just pulled up in the driveway when she heard the girls playing.

She looks at the outfits and the make-up they had on. It was a little much for them, but it fit the music the girls played.

“What do you of them, Mrs. Loggins?” Lindsey turns around when she hears Vicky’s mother’s voice.

“You did a good job with them, Lindsey. I can’t say I approve of the outfits, but they look good.” Kimberly thought the girls looked too mature and grown-up.

“Told you, Lindsey.” Kaja had a smile on her face.

“That’s their stage costumes, Mrs. Loggins. All the girls picked out how they wanted to look.”

“Well, it is a little too sexual, but they are a rock band.”

“Wait until you hear them at the club. They are going to rock the place.” Lindsey was positive that the girls were going to do a good job.

“Lindsey, how long will the girls be playing?” Kimberly was curious.

“They go on at 9:00 pm and end at 1:00 am. They will get fifteen-minute breaks in between each set. All their drinks are free, but I recommend that the girls stay away from sodas and stick to water only. Also, the bartenders that work there know not to serve the girls any alcoholic drinks.”

“How much are they getting pay and are you going to be there?” Kimberly knew Molly’s parents were coming along with her as well.

“They will be paid six hundred dollars per night and I’ll be there along with Lisa and Kaja.” Lindsey had arranged everything for the girls.

“How many nights are they playing?”

“Friday night and Saturday night. Aaron is willing to make it three nights, but he’s going to have them play two nights for now.”

Kimberly looks at the girls “are you girls ready for this?”

“Yes ma’am,” Vicky answered for the group.

“How many songs are we going to need to play per set?” Vicky was curious.

“For now, twelve songs per set. Later, it will be fifteen to twenty songs per set.”

“That’s a lot of songs.” Heidi hopes they can remember the lyrics to all the songs.

“Yes, but I’ve been doing it for a while. So, if I can do it, you girls can do it.” Lindsey looks at the girls.

“If you say so.”

“I do. Well, that’s it for today. Remember, you need to be up at the club at eight o’clock, so we can get you girls set up. I would recommend, wearing your costumes to the club.”

“I’ll make sure the girls are there, Lindsey.” Kaja was going to do their make-up before getting there.

“Okay. Well, remember there is no practice tomorrow. I want all you girls relaxed and ready for Friday. So, spend the time going over the music your going to play and making sure your instruments are tuned properly.”

“Yes ma’am.” All the girls answer at one time.

Lindsey helps Kaja pack up her make-up kit, while Lisa shows Brandi a few tricks before they leave. Kimberly watches as the girls take care of their instruments. She was impressed by how well the girls behave for Lindsey.

Once, Kaja, Lisa, and Lindsey are load into Kaja’s SUV. Kaja starts heading towards one of their favorite restaurants.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet.

WillowD's picture

I look forward to their first performance.

Lindsay worked the girls hard

Samantha Heart's picture

But the hard work payed off. They have a gig that pays $600 a night that amounts to $150 each not bad for a teenage rock band just starting out. Lindsay is a good instructor & conductor she can hear when something isn't right and fixes it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.