I Mourn

Printer-friendly version
*-*-*-*- Teek's Mini-Story Collection -*-*-*-*

 

I Mourn
By Teek
August 5, 2017

 

I sit here tonight mourning someone I have never known, myself!

I have spent 47 years hiding, suppressing, and ignoring my true self. She is still a child, never given a chance to grow up. I am approaching 50 with the body of someone much older. She shall never have a chance to frolic and play as all children should. I mourn the child I never was. I mourn my past, my present, and my future. Cindy is not comfortable in the body of an old man, and the man has no idea what to do with the spirit of a little girl.

I may be Transgender, but I can never present myself as the little girl I am. I mourn, for all that could have been, and all that will never be. Cindy mourns for the little boy who grew up to be a man, yet never was. If I transition, I will still need to hide myself. Society may be able to see the feminine elements in me, but I am not a woman. I am just a little six year old girl, scared and frightened. The more Cindy is let out, or I see her influences, the harder things are.

I go back to work in a little over a week. Who will be going? It will be the body of a man, the clothes of a man, and the . . .

It will not be Cindy. She may have broken out of her shackles, but she can not go to work. No matter how much I apologize to her, it will never be enough. She does not understand why she must continue to be hidden. Out of sight, but never out of my mind. I mourn for her. I mourn for the little girl who never was, and the little girl I still am. I mourn.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I suppose it's true...

Snarfles's picture

that everyone has those moments of 'what if, if only..., woulda, coulda, shoulda" as seen through the crystal lens of hindsight. We but navigate our lives in the moments, and at each one we have made the decision that at the time felt best. Could we have changed the past, what would it be? Would we even be here still? How many joyous moments would we lose in the changes? How many lessons of the past would go unlearned? What 'They think' is irrelevant! Live how it makes you happy. Be you, and don't let the small minds make you feel inadequate.

huggles, hon

beautiful, and sad. I join you in your mourning

DogSig.png

Hugs for Cindy

laika's picture

A sad little piece and I mourn for this sweet little girl who exists + has dreams + wants but is trapped in some weird prison like the Phantom Zone or something. I wish 13 year old Veronica could be Cindy's babysitter sometime and make s'mores and act goofy to make her giggle and let her stay up a bit late (but not too late) and maybe watch some tv show she's not supposed to (but nothing real nasty or scary!). Is that weird? Probably, but I don't care; There's plenty of grown-up politicians these days who seem to be existing in + speaking from their own made-up reality and that's a lot more messed up + dangerous than a couple of kids like us.

It must be awful being six, I wish there was more I could do than try to be a friend. But I'm glad I'm a girl around 13-16 inside (it fluctuates) because I don't really have to hide, people just think I'm some weird immature old gay man, and I can live with that Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

OOPS! Yeah I know I shouldn't of said that; And that's a word I NEVER want to hear you use, young lady! Now I get your onesies on and I'll microwave some popcorn and we can watch Tinkerbelle + the Secret of the Wings, I know I'm kinda too old for it but I still love those Pixie Hollow adventures...
~hugs, Sweetie! Veronica

Hugs

Offers hugs to Cindy - oh but doesn't this just resonate - and hurt far too much. I'm proud you gave Cindy a name. I've placed my true self as pieces of the characters I've written. She lives in my written work and my dreams but I could not survive a name.

A name

Teek's picture

A name does not define you, but it does describe you.

Not sure where I formed an attachment to Cindy. If I had biologically been born a girl, I would have been named Cynthia. I always enjoyed watching Brady Bunch as a kid so I could see what Cindy was up to. Either way, it has been a name I have attached myself to since I was a kid.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek