First Snow

Printer-friendly version
*-*-*-*- Teek's Mini-Story Collection -*-*-*-*
 

girlsnowball.jpg
First Snow

By Teek
© January 14, 2022

Although the snow was piling up, Marcy was determined to get her snowman done. It was the first snow of the year, and everyone knew it made the best snowmen and snowwomen. The base was already established, and she was crawling around the yard, making the middle section.

“Marcy,” Mom called out the front door. “Come in, sweetie, it’s coming down really hard. You can finish your snowperson once it stops snowing.”

“But Mooooooooommmmmm, I have to get her made with this first snow.”

“Get that one on, and then come in. You can finish the rest later.”

“Ooooo-Kay,” Marcy said, turning back to the large snowball she was rolling towards the base of her snowgirl.

Looking up, Marcy stuck her tongue out and collected a few snowflakes. The magical flakes melted into her and invigorated her efforts. The second ball was quickly at the other, and Marcy gathered all her strength to get it on top of the first snowball.

“There!” Marcy took some deep breaths, recovering from the effort.

After admiring her work, she headed for the front door but stopped. Looking back at the snowgirl, “What? Mommy said I had to go in.”

Looking at the closed front door and then back at the snowgirl, “Okay, real quick. I’ll get you a head, and then I have to go in.”

As quick as she could, she started rolling out the head. With the snowball head done, she picked it up with all her strength and walked it over to the bottom two pieces.

“Marcy,” Mom said just as Marcy was putting on the head. “I said come in after the 2nd piece.”

“But Mom,” Marcy complained. “She was all sad because she didn’t have a head.”

Mom stood in the doorway glaring at her daughter. Rolling her eyes, “Come in now, Marcy. I have some nice warm hot chocolate to warm you all up.”

As Marcy started to walk away, she suddenly went back to the snowgirl, “I’ll make you a face and some pigtails later, but you can have my hat for now.”

Marcy took her hat off and put it on her snowgirl. As she walked to the front door, she was certain she heard her snowgirl say, “Thank You.”

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet and Sentimental

Teek's picture

Thanks, this one came to me as part of my weekly writer's group. We had twenty minutes to write and this is what came out. I wanted a sweet and sentimental story that just grasped the season and wrapped it up in a cute little bow.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek