Arcane

Printer-friendly version

Cassandra’s Cox Resident, Canton, Georgia:
Cassandra was snuggled close to her husband Jerry when she receives a disturbing vision. She saw a young girl shackled and locked in a cellar. She was dirty and crying. She could feel the pain the young girl was feeling and how desperately the girl needed help.

She sits up in bed and reaches her hand out to her nightstand. She was searching for her cellphone. She could still feel the young girls’ pain from her vision. She knew there was only one person she could trust to rescue the young girl.

Once she has her cellphone in her hand. She gets out of bed slowly, so she doesn’t wake her husband. Cassandra looks over at Jerry notices he hasn’t stirred at all. She tiptoes into the bathroom and dials Sasha’s number.

Gold Well Theater, Branson, Missouri:
Sasha disappears in a cloud of smoke as she finishes her performance. She loved hearing the applause of the audience from her performance. She heads back towards her dressing room and just as she walks in, her cellphone starts ringing. The ring tone coming from her cellphone was the theme song to Scooby-Doo.

“I wonder what Cassandra could want.” Sasha picks her cellphone up “hello?”

“Sasha, you need to get to Tensas Parish right away. There’s a young girl there that needs your help.” Cassandra had tears coming from her eyes.

“Okay, where in Tensas Parish?” Sasha doesn’t mind doing what Cassandra needed her to do, but she needed to know where exactly.

“Give me some time to get you that information. However, you need to hurry and get there. This girl is special, and it doesn’t feel she’ll last much longer as is.” Cassandra could feel and see death coming for the girl.

“Alright Cassandra, but you better have that information for me.”

“I will and thanks.” Cassandra ends the phone call.

Sasha dials her pit crew and informs her chief roadie that she’ll be leaving for a day or two. She’ll meet them in Denver, Colorado for the next performance. Afterward, she makes arrangements for a charter flight out and down to Tensas Parish, Louisiana. Once that is done, she changes out of her performance clothes and freshens up some.

Sasha figures things are about to become exciting in a few hours. She puts her specialized suit on, along with her new utility belt. Once she is ready and loaded, she puts her street clothes on over her outfit. She takes a cab to the airport and boards the plane.

6669 Oracle Lane, Tensas Parish, Louisiana:
Kari tries to slip out of the shackles like she did the pair before these. However, Gaston got smart this time and used the old slave cuffs his family has owned for a generation. Even the collar going around her neck was the type they used on black slaves during the colonial days. The ones around her ankle were from the olden days and she didn’t have anything available to pick the lock.

Her ass and back were still hurting from the thick leather belt her father had used on her. He caught her making out with another male while dressing in a woman’s stage magician costume she had designed herself. He beat her so badly, that he knocked her out. When she woke up, she found herself chained up down in the cellar.

The first set of shackles her father used on her, she escaped from. She almost made it out of the house, before she was caught by her father and Gaston. He had grabbed her left ankle and squeezed it. He yanked so hard on her left ankle, that she split her chin open when her head hit the hardwood floors. She tried kicking him with her free foot, but it didn’t work. He just squeezed harder on her left ankle and threatened to break it.

She didn’t know why her father, mother, uncles, brothers, and cousins had a problem with gay people? They only tolerated her, because she didn’t flaunt her gayness. Her parents knew she wasn’t like her siblings. Not that it mattered, she always got less than everyone one else in her family.

Gaston was her father’s best friend and he had a mean streak in him that most people didn’t know about. He was the type of person that took pleasure inflicting pain onto others. Her father must have given her to him to knock some sense into her. She looks up when she hears footsteps on the stairs coming down into the cellar.

Gaston looks at Kari with an evil smile on his face. His best friend said he could do whatever he wanted to her, short of killing her. If for some reason she did die, well the swamp can conceal the death.

“How do you like your new jewelry, sissy boy?” Gaston let the last words draw out.

“Oh, it’s stylish. It has that old-world charm about it.” Kari had a playful smile on her face.

She wasn’t going to let him see that she was in pain. The first rule she adopted was one from James Bond. Never let them see you bleed.

“So, is this the way you get your jollies or get off is by hurting people chained up? Hell, the rumors must be true about you not being able to perform or get it up anymore.” A smirk appeared on Kari’s face.

“Why you little, tapette.” Gaston moves closer to smack Kari.

Kari gets ready to strike as Gaston’s fist connects with her jaw. She kicks out with her right leg and knocks his right knee out. The YouTube video she watched over and over again to learn how to defend herself, was paying off.

Gaston screams “why you little tapette!”

As he backhands Kari across the mouth. His French was coming out a little stronger, than normal.

“At least I don’t beat-up people who can’t defend themselves.” Kari wanted to hurt Gaston.

“We’ll see how you are after I get finished beating you.” Gaston pulls his thick leather belt off.

He starts beating Kari with it. Gaston was going to pay the little freak back for what she did to his knee. He aims for her face, arms legs, and main torso.

Kari tries to protect her face the best she can. Every time the belt hit exposed skin on her body, it stung. She winces every time Gaston’s leather belt hit her body. After a while, she passes out from the pain.

Gaston keeps hitting Kari with his belt until he notices her body go limp. He whips her one more time, before stopping. He notices his belt was slick with blood on it.

“That will teach you to talk back to me.” Gaston turns around and starts heading back up the flight of steps.

Hours Later:
Sasha had gotten the address from Cassandra and rented an SUV from Enterprise at the airport. Her mother and aunt didn’t have any safe houses in the area where she was going. As she drove out to the location, she wonders what was so special about this person.

She drives to the location and parks a block away from where the house was. Afterward, she slips out of the SUV dressed in her outfit and makes her way to the house. She glances at her watch and notices it was four in the morning.

When she gets to the house, she quietly picks the lock and slips inside. She couldn’t believe how simple it was to get in. As she moves about, she spots a man sleeping in an old recliner. He had one of his knees bandaged up. There looked to be several empty beer cans littering the floor on one side of the recliner.

Sasha walks quietly pass him and as she does, she notices a thick leather belt laying on the floor. She picks it up and noticed there was blood on it. She glances over towards the guy and wanted to hurt him. She’ll think of a suitable punishment later.

She finds the door that leads down into the cellar and notices there was a padlock on it. An evil smile appears on Sasha’s face as she unlocks the lock and walks down a flight of stairs. It was dark, so she pulls out one of her glow sticks and activates it.

The cellar wasn’t very big as she looks around. Sasha spots a person in one corner of the room. The person looked to be chained up and secured to the floor. Sasha makes her way over and kneels by the unconscious form. She removes her glove and checks the person's pulse. It took her a few seconds to detect it and it was very weak.

“What do we have here?” Sasha takes a look of the collar; wrist cuffs and leg cuffs the young boy had on.

Sasha notices that it looked like something she once saw in the movie, Roots. She puts her glove back on. She examines how the chain was secured to the floor. It would take time for her to pick the old fashion locks. She palms one of her specialty balls and breaks it open over the chain.

“Phew, you stink.” Sasha watches as the fast-acting acid eats through the metal link attached to the floor.

Sasha carefully scoops the bloody unconscious form up off the floor. She noticed that the person was wearing a ruined performance outfit. She wonders who this person was and why they were dressed like they were. She could tell this person was male from their build, but they were dressed as a girl.

Sasha carries the person up out of the cellar. She locks the cellar door again, to make it seemed no one has been down below. She does leave a nasty surprise for the guy, she figured he hurt the person in her arms.

Sasha wonders what this teenager in her arms did to warrant such a beating. She hurries back to the SUV she rented and lay the person down in the back-cargo area. There wasn’t much she could do right now for the person. She didn’t have any of her emergency medical supplies with her.

Sasha races towards the nearest hospital to have the person she came to rescue looked after. She pulls up in front of the emergency room, still dressed in her outfit. She races inside the emergency room “hey, I need help out here. I have an injured teenage boy.”

Sasha rushes outside with some orderlies and helps bring in the person she rescued. One of the orderlies glanced at Sasha and wonder why she was dressed the way she was. Sasha stops and watches as the teenager is raced into the operating room.

She fills out the paperwork that is required. While she is waiting to hear what was done to the young boy. She grabs her clothes from the SUV and changes out of her work clothes. She was getting lustful looks from some of the men that saw her. Her outfit was skintight and showed off her curves.

Fifteen minutes later, the local sheriff for the Parish she was in, shows up. He was an older man in his late forties, early fifties. She spots him as he goes up to the nurse on duty to speak to her. She watches the two talk to one another. Sasha figures he’ll be coming over to her.

Sheriff Gibson received a phone call from nurse Jennings about an abused teenage boy brought in by a woman dressed in a flashy outfit. According to what nurse Jennings said, the boy had been badly beaten by what looked like a whip or heavy belt all over his body. She also gave him a description of the woman that brought him in and pointed her out to him.

He spots the red hair woman, but she was no longer dress the way nurse Jennings said she was. He walks over to the woman.

“Excuse me, but are you Sasha Wolfhart?” He had seen the form she filled out for the boy she brought in.

“That I am deputy, Gibson. How can I help you?” Sasha had a pleasing smile on her oval-shaped face.

“Are you responsible for the condition of that young boy and why was he dressed in girl clothes?” Nurse Jennings had informed him, that the young boy had been wearing false breasts on his chest and false French nails.

That wasn’t including the clothes that he had been wearing or the panties either. Sheriff Gibson wanted to know who was responsible for hurting that child. He didn’t care if the child was transgender or not. He just wanted to know who hurt the child.

“Well, to answer your question, Sheriff Gibson. I rescued the child from an abusive asshole. I don’t know what type of relationship the child has with the person, but I do know he abused the child. As for the child’s name, I have no idea what it is.”

“Where did you find the child?” Gibson pulls his note pad out.

“I found the child chained up in the cellar at 6669 Oracle Lane, in Tensas Parish.” Sasha watches sheriff Gibson’s facial features.

They weren’t in Tensas Parish anymore. She wonders what sheriff Gibson was going to do.

“What are your plans for the boy and how is he related to you?” Sheriff Gibson wanted to know how Mrs. Wolfhart fit in this matter.

“Well, sheriff Gibson considering I just rescued the boy. I was planning on taking him back to my mother’s hospital in Monterey, California.” Sasha figures the child could recover there under her mother’s watchful eyes.

“You do know, that is kidnapping, Mrs. Wolfhart.” Sheriff Gibson looks at Sasha with a knowing look.

“Not if you’re a special agent, Sheriff Gibson.” Sasha pulls out her badge and id card to show him.

Sheriff Gibson looks at the government issue identity card. It had Sasha listed as being with the Department of Justice.

“What do you do for the department of justice, Mrs. Wolfhart?” Sheriff Gibson wonders what Mrs. Wolfhart did for them.

“Can’t tell you, Sheriff. However, I can tell you that I’m the last person you want coming after you.” An evil smile appears on Sasha’s face.

“Why are you the last person I want to come after me?” Sheriff Gibson looks at Mrs. Wolfhart and couldn’t see how she would be dangerous.

“Because Sheriff, I never give up. Like the Texas Ranger motto says, I always get my man.” Sasha has always gotten her person.
The only exception had been Adam Ludlum. Thankfully he was no longer a problem.

“Well Mrs. Wolfhart, I hope everything works out for you.” Sheriff Gibson was going to need to talk to the young man Mrs. Wolfhart brought in.

Week Later:
“Come on Robyn, you can do several more sit-ups.” Sasha watches as Robyn pushes herself to do a few more sit-ups.

Robyn looks up at Sasha as she pushes herself to do a few more sit-ups. She had been surprised to find herself in a hospital room. Sasha had been sitting next to her hospital bed when she woke-up. It took her mind a while to realize who Sasha was. She had seen several of Sasha’s (a.k.a. Wildfire) performances on YouTube. Wildfire was the reason she wanted to learn about magic.

She had asked how Sasha knew she was in trouble and was told a good friend told her. Early the next day a Sheriff Gibson had come in to speak to her and she told him everything that happened. When asked if she wanted to stay in Louisiana with her relatives or in foster care. She told them she wanted to go with Mrs. Wolfhart if she would let her.

She went with Mrs. Wolfhart, to her Denver, Colorado performance. Afterward, Mrs. Wolfhart had one more schedule performance she had to do. When that one was over, they flew back to Mrs. Wolfhart’s home in California and met Mrs. Wolfhart’s wife and her youngest daughter Grace.

Robyn collapses after doing two more sit-ups. Her abdomen muscles were screaming at her as she lays there on the training room mats. She looks up at Sasha “how much longer do I have to do physical therapy?”

“Until I determine that you are physically fit. Now, go and change into your swimsuit and give me a hundred laps.” Sasha holds her hand out to
help Robyn off the mats.

Robyn follows Sasha out of the downstairs gym and up to the second floor of the house. Her bedroom was on the other side of Grace’s bedroom. Rose, Grace’s older sister was on tour with her friends. They were in Settle Washington doing a show.

Robyn walks over to her dresser drawer and pulled out the one-piece swimsuit Sasha bought him. The second day they were home, Sasha and Susan took her shopping and bought her all new clothes and whatever she wanted to decorate her bedroom. If the stores they went to did have it. They went online and ordered it or visited antique stores and such.

Robyn strips out of the training leotard Sasha made her wear. She couldn’t believe that her groin area looked like a female’s bottom. Sasha showed her how to tuck it and make it look like she had a female bottom when she didn’t. Sasha also gave her a drug to delay the secondary sexual development, most boys her age go through. She was also put on estrogen since she wanted to be a girl.

Robyn changes into her swimsuit and grabs her bathing cap and goggles. She glances at the kitty clock hanging on her bedroom wall and knows she has five minutes to get downstairs. She rushes downstairs and out into the backyard where she spots Susan (a.k.a. Siren), her new sister Grace. Both were wearing bikinis. Sasha was wearing a bikini that matched Susan’s.

“You made it, just in time, Robyn. Now, give me one hundred freestyle laps.” Sasha points to the pool.

“Yes, ma’am.” Robyn steps under the outdoor shower, before jumping into the pool.

Grace jumps onto her mother Sasha’s back and wraps her legs around her waist. She was happy her mother was home. She was also surprised to have a new sister.

“What’s up, sweetie?” Sasha rubs Grace’s leg wrapped around her waist.

“I’m happy your home, mom.” Grace places a kiss on Sasha’s right cheek.

“Me too, sweetie.” Sasha was so surprised how Grace had gone from a flat, skinny ten-year-old to being as developed as her older sister.
Grace was 5’2” and was wearing a C cup bra. Her measurements were 34C-24-36. Rose’s measurements were 5’ 7” and wore a DD cup. Her measurements were 36DD-22-34. Susan had wonder who Grace’s parents use to be and tracked them down. Grace’s birth mother was a model and her birth father was a solider. According to what they found out, Grace’s birth mother met and became pregnant by him.
It’s been two years since she adopted both of her girls. Grace was twelve years old and her older sister was seventeen years old.

“Why don’t you go and join your new sister, Grace.” Susan looks at Grace as she held onto Sasha’s back.

“Okay, mommy.” Grace slides off Sasha’s back and dives into the swimming pool.

She starts matching Robyn’s stroke for stroke. She wanted to know about her new sister. What she knew already, was that she was into doing illusions and magic tricks like their mother. She knew a few tricks that she has done for friends at school and such.

Robyn looks over towards Grace as she matched her pace. A smile appears on her face, as she speeds up some. She wanted to see how fast Grace was.

Grace noticed Robyn was increasing her speed and matches her. She was still the baby of the group. She learned that Robyn was fifteen years old and stood three inches taller than her.

Susan and Sasha watch as the girls compete against one another in the pool. A smile appears on Susan’s face “I think Grace is having fun with her new sister. What do you think, sweetie?”

“I think you’re right. You don’t mind having three girls, do you?” Sasha looks at her wife. She should have called and talked with Susan before bringing Robyn home.

“No, I don’t mind. Grace was getting lonely, not having someone her age around to play with or talk to.” Susan saw that their youngest daughter was lonely with Rose on the road.

“Is Robyn going to be your new apprentice, since Ethan is living with his new boyfriend?” Susan was informed about Ethan by their daughter Rose.

“You mean Emily, now. She changed her name recently.” Sasha had been informed by Emily that’s he changed her name.

“Yes. So, is Robyn going to become your new apprentice?”

“Yes, she’s interested in learning my secrets or any sleight of hand or illusions. She already had a routine she developed from learning tricks from some of the stage magicians who posted their tricks on YouTube. She also has been learning how to do tricks from Penn & Teller's online Master class.

Sasha had learned a lot from Robyn when she woke-up. She learned that the reason why her family and Gaston had punished her had been for kissing a boy her age. That wasn’t the only reason either. She had been dressed up in a costume she had constructed that made her look like a woman.

Susan and Sasha continue to watch the girls. Once Robyn and Grace had finished their laps. They stood in the shallow end of the pool. Robyn was looking tired, because she has never exercised as hard as she has, since leaving the hospital. She looks at Grace “you don’t even look tired.”

A smile appears on Grace’s face “mom, is normally a little tougher on her exercise routine.”

“You mean there’s more after this?” Robyn had a surprised look on her face.

“Yep, after doing a hundred laps of freestyle, mom has us doing a hundred laps of breaststroke, fifty laps backstroke, and then afterward, she has you do a hundred laps with just your arms with a kickboard in between your legs to keep them afloat.” Grace climbs out of the water.

Robyn follows behind Grace. She still couldn’t believe how develop Grace looked for a twelve-year-old. She looked like she could be fully grown right now.

“Alright girls, let’s go and get some lunch.” Sasha looks at both her girls.

“Alright, mom.” Grace grabs her towel and dries off.

Robyn follows suit. Afterward, they head inside the house and towards the kitchen. Susan and Sasha make a hearty salad for everyone. Susan knew Robyn needed to add some weight to her body. She was too thin.

“Mom, don’t forget, I have a salon appointment.” Grace looks over towards Susan.

“I haven’t forgotten, Grace. Why don’t you and I go ahead and head to the salon.” Susan looks towards Grace.

“Robyn and I will do some more training, while you two are gone.” Sasha looks over towards Robyn.

Robyn looks a little disappointed that she wasn’t going to the salon. She wouldn’t mind seeing what it was like being pampered.

“Don’t worry Robyn. I’ll make an appointment for you today.” Susan saw how disappointed Robyn looked.

After Grace and Susan leave the mansion. Sasha looks at Robyn “let’s see if you know how to defend yourself.”

“Okay.” Robyn goes with Sasha back down to the gym.

Several Weeks Later:
“Again, Robyn put a little more mystery into your act.” Sasha was watching Robyn performing up on the makeshift stage at her storage warehouse.

The past few weeks have been busy for Robyn. She has been learning a new sleight of hand tricks and refining her Martial arts skills. Sasha had tested her to see what she knew and how good she was. After, the testing Sasha put together a training routine for Robyn to follow. Most of what Robyn knew, she learned from going on the web and finding YouTube videos to learn from.

So, far she was studying Krav Maga, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai. Sasha knew people who were specialists in the three different forms. She was also learning Aikido from Sasha herself.

On top of the different forms, she was learning. She was still learning from Penn & Teller Master courses. She loved card tricks and was trying to learn as many card tricks as she could. She can put candles out by just throwing a playing card at it or cut a pencil in half with one.

Sasha was teaching her tricks and illusions to perform. She also managed to get a performer's license for Robyn, so she could perform on stage during school nights. She had a performance coming up, that Sasha arranged for her.

Sasha watches Robyn as she goes through her routine. So, for her act was so, so. She needed to step her performance up some.

“That was average Robyn. You need to step the act up some.”

Robyn looks towards Sasha “how do I do that?”

“Like this.” Sasha pulls a deck of cards from her pocket.

She starts showing Robyn how to improve her performance. Sasha knew Robyn was trying very hard and given enough time she would master the performance. However, she wanted Robyn to be a big success in her first performance.

“Okay, I see what you mean now.” Robyn watched as Sasha performed the routine.

“Good, now get up there and try your performance again.” Sasha steps off the stage and lets Robyn take her place.

Sasha watches as Robyn does her performance again and this time around, she improves. She was proud of Robyn as she finishes her
performance. Sasha starts clapping her hands “that was very good, Robyn. Now, we need to come up with a stage name for you. Do you have one in mind?”

“I hadn’t thought of one, but would Arcane be too presumptuous?” Robyn looks towards Sasha to see what she thought.

Sasha looks at Robyn and thinks about it. Ethan had taken the name Blaze for herself, because of her orange color hair. She was known as Wildfire, because of her tricks with flames and because it was the band name.

“It sounds good for you, but you need to have a gimmick that makes the name fit you. Do you know why I’m known as Wildfire?”

“Because of the band you’re in and the fact you do remarkable things with flames.” Robyn has seen a few YouTube videos of Sasha’s performances.

“Well, the band was around a little before I took its name. The second part is true about what I can do with flames. The reason I can do remarkable things with fire is that I can control it.”

“You can control fire? How do you do that?” Robyn didn’t think it was possible.

“I was born with a special gift. That gift allows me to control fire. Now, my friend Cassandra said you have a special gift, but she didn’t tell me
what that gift is.” This was the first time Sasha has told Robyn this.

“Is that how you knew I was in trouble?” Robyn has been puzzled about how Sasha had shown up that day and rescued her.

“Yes, Cassandra told me you were in trouble.”

“How did she know?” Robyn was curious about Cassandra.

“She has the special gift of being able to predict the future. She is also like you and me as well.” Sasha figured that Robyn would want to know that.

“She can tell what the future is?” Robyn would love to be able to do that.

“Sort of, she can tell what the future is going to be, but the future can change with our actions. The vision she had of you, showed that you would have died if I hadn’t intervened when I did.”

“So, if you hadn’t shown up when you did. Gaston would have killed me?”

“Yes.”

Robyn starts getting upset. The lights in the warehouse start blinking and exploding. Electricity starts crackling and flowing around towards Robyn.

Sasha felt the tiny hairs on her arms and her hair stand on end as the place fills with static. She could see now why Cassandra called her.
“Robyn, calm down and clear your mind.” Sasha tries to get close to the stage.

Robyn was floating off the stage and suspended above it. The energy was crackling around her. She closes her eyes and listens to Sasha’s voice. She could feel the electric static her body was generating. She draws on that energy and pulls it inside of her.

Sasha watches as the electric energy subsides and Robyn starts lowering to the stage. When Robyn’s feet touch the stage, she collapses. Sasha leaps onto the stage and over to Robyn.

Sasha checks Robyn’s pulse and finds it slow. She knew Robyn must be feeling weak as a kitten right now.

“I think we found my gimmick.” Robyn looks up at Sasha.

“I think you’re right. Let’s get some Gatorade into you. It will replenish your electrolytes.” Sasha helps Robyn down to the small kitchen and sits her down on a chair.

Sasha walks over and grabs a cold bottle of Gatorade out of the refrigerator. She walks back over to Robyn “here, drinks this.”

“Thanks.” As Robyn accepts the bottle.

She opens it and takes a nice big gulp from it. She couldn’t believe how thirsty she was. She looks at Sasha “how does something like that happen?”

“Sometimes, people are just born with special gifts. It’s a mutation that has been in our make-up and something just triggers it.” Sasha had asked her mother once about why she could control fire.

The explanation her mother gave, put her to sleep. Sometimes having a genius for a mother, can be overwhelming. She’ll have to take her new daughter to her aunt, so she can scan and understand Robyn’s abilities better.

Two Weeks Later:
Sasha watches from backstage as Robyn does her performance. The audience was loving her routine. Robyn had some control of her newly acquired ability and came up with some tricks for her to use in her performance.

Arcane was enjoying her performance and loved the applause she was getting from the audience. She developed a trick, where she uses her electric abilities to have the playing cards form a circle in the air before her and spin them. Then have them arrange themselves back into the deck in suits they were in and in order. It took her a while to figure out how to do the trick, after burning up several sets of cards, but she managed to find the balance.

Once the show is over, she heads towards the back and spots Sasha “I did it!”

“That you did, kiddo, that you did.”

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tensas Parish

Tensas Parish is the only parish (county) in Louisiana that does not have a positive case of Covid-19 as of Tuesday, April 7, 2020. A rural location of 4500 persons on the banks of the Mississippi River.

And a new

series is born, LadyDragon623 just can't help herself.