Tommy - The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl? - Chapter 157

Printer-friendly version



Tommy
The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl?

A Novel By Teddie S.

Copyright © 2019 Teddie S.
All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 157
The lone Eagle. The crew, Billy, and Bridget.

Amy and I had gone to see the orthopedic doctors about my shoulder, and they were surprised by how much improvement I’d made. Amy and I explained about the thermal pools and the spirits. Amy then told the doctors about teaching the staff in the ER about working with the Native people.

We had dinner with Dr. Joe, Mary, Chief Tom, and Vickie, at Dr. Joe’s house. And we got talking about me bypassing my master’s degree and going directly to my doctoral. Then Vickie told Amy that she should do the same. Then we talked about us moving out of the apartment into a house.

The flight home to Ohio was a quiet one. I knew that Amy was in deep thought about the doctoral degree thing. And, I read the teacher’s guide for the book that we’d chosen for the new class. When we landed in Columbus, we'd been met by our parents, Amy’s brother Billy, and Billy’s girlfriend, Bridget MacDonald. Bridget is an exchange student from Scotland, who is attending Ohio State. She’s a sophomore majoring in psychology. And, Dr. Grunewald is one of her instructors, and they’re using Larry’s undergraduate paper on me as a class assignment.

Dr. Grunewald was the psychologist that helped me when I was beaten up on campus. She also learned about my female side, and wanted to use me as a doctoral thesis for one of her students, but Larry or Kelly had first claim to me and my story for that.

Today is Friday and with Christmas on Monday, my mother was working at the store because they expected a lot of last-minute shoppers, and my dad was also at work. So, Amy and I had the house to ourselves. And as we were eating breakfast, I asked, “What do you want to do before we get together with the crew?”

The crew is Mark and Maria, Larry and Kelly, and us.

“Maybe go for a hike.”, Amy said.

“It’s cold.”, I said.

“We brought our cold weather clothes and boots with us. Besides, since when has hiking in the cold bothered you?”

“Okay. I’m game.”

Shortly after we’d cleaned up our breakfast dishes, Amy and I changed into our cold weather hiking clothes, and we were off to the park. Like I’ve said, I won’t drive the ‘57 Chevy in the winter, so we walked from my parent’s house to the park and then onto the lake trail. When we reached the lake, we went to our bench, sat, and cuddle together. And, it wasn’t long until the immature Eagle joined us. He landed on top of the old telephone pole and looked at us.

Amy and I looked at him, and I said, “I sure wish I knew if you were one of the young of the Eagles that are out west with us.”

The Eagle tilted his head and squawked.

“Do you think he just answered you?”, Amy asked.

“Maybe he did. But was it a yes or no?”

“I don’t know.”

A little later as the Eagle took off, he circled us twice before he headed off deeper into the park. Then I said, “I think he is.”

“I do too.”

We finished our hike on the lake trail, then went back to the house. Then it was hot chocolate to warm up. As we were sitting in the kitchen, I said, “I wonder if Larry knows that Dr. Grunewald is using his paper in her class?”

“I don’t know.”, Amy replied. “Larry and Kelly were going to pick us up at three, why don’t we have them come over early, and we can talk with them.”

“Sounds good. I’ll give Larry a call.”

At two we heard a car pull into the driveway, and shortly the doorbell rang. I opened the door, and there stood Larry and a very pregnant Kelly. “Kai.”, Kelly said. “You look wonderful.”

“Thanks.”, I said. “So do you and very pregnant.”

“Speaking of that can I use the bathroom?”

“Of course. You know where it is.”

Kelly rushed into the house, and as she went through the kitchen, we heard her say, “Hi, Amy. I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, honey.”, we heard Amy say.

I looked at Larry, and he said, “Lately we can’t be too far from a restroom.”

I just shook my head. Then Larry and I walked into the kitchen. And Amy said, “Hi Larry. Do you guys need a porta potty?”

“Sometimes I think so.”, Larry replied.

Larry, Amy, and I sat at the table and waited for Kelly. When she joined us, Kelly said, “Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry.”, Amy said. “It goes with the territory.”

“I guess it does. So, how are you guys?”

“We’re doing great. And, we have a lot to tell you, Mark, and Maria, but we’ll wait on that stuff until we’re all together if you don’t mind?”

“We don’t mind.”, Larry said. “So, what did you want to talk about?”

“Did you know that Dr. Grunewald was using your paper in her class?”, I asked.

“I’d heard a rumor that she was. How do you know?”

“Amy’s brother’s girlfriend has her for class, and Grunewald gave them an assignment over the break to read the paper and then write a short paper about how they feel about it.”

“I see. Is it a little too close to home?”

“I don’t think so. You did a good job of not putting anything in your paper that points to me.”

“I did that on purpose.”, Larry said.

“I know.”, I said. “Thank you.”

“I’d be interested in what she writes.”

“It would be interesting to see. Bridget’s from Scotland.”

“Scotland.”, Kelly said. “And, it would be interesting to see how someone from the old world feels about these things.”

“It would.”, Larry said. “I may ask Dr. Grunewald if I could see her paper. What’s her name?”

“Bridget MacDonald. She’s part of some exchange program. Someone from here is going to the University of Edinburgh.”

“The University of Edinburgh!”, Kelly said. “That would have been interesting to do. So, is she over here for all four years?”

“Yes.”, Amy said. “And if what Kai is feeling is true. And, if my brother has his way, she might be here for longer.”

“Oh. A little more than just a girlfriend?”

“Could be.”

“Guys.”, Kelly said. “Would you mind if Larry and I skip the movie?”

“Why?”, Amy asked.

“Junior is making it hard to not be too far from a bathroom, and I’m afraid I would be in and out of the movie all the time.”

“Tell you what. Why don’t we stay here and talk? Then we’ll either throw something together for dinner or order something.”

Kelly looked at Larry, and Larry said, “It’s fine by me.”

“Great.”, Amy said. “I’ll call Mark and Maria, and have them come here.”

When Mark and Maria joined us, I had a friendly fire burning in the fireplace, and the six of us got comfortable with the two pregnant girls being close to a restroom and we talked.

The first thing that came up was Amy and me bypassing our masters and going for our doctorate degrees. And, this brought up a lot of discussions that lasted until my mother and father were home. My mom stuck her head in the den and said, “Hello.”

After all the greetings, I said, “Mom. Instead of going out to a movie and dinner, we decided to stay here, talk, and either throw something together for dinner or order something in. Want to join us? Our treat.”

“Honey.”, my mother said. “I’d love to cook something, but I’m too tired, and I have to work tomorrow too. So, could we order in, and your dad will buy.”

My dad stuck his head in the door and said, “I’ll buy what?”

“Dinner for everyone.”

“Dad.”, I said. “I offered to buy.”

“It’s about time.”, my dad said. “But, I’ll split it with you?”

“Okay.”

“Wait a minute.”, Mark said. “We can get our own.”

“So can we.”, Larry said.

“No, you won’t.”, my mother said. “You’re our guests.”

“Okay, Mrs. Young.”

“Does the Cottage Inn still deliver?”, I asked.

“I think so.”, my mother replied.

“Good. What does everyone want.”

A short time later we were all sitting around the kitchen table enjoying Cottage Inn pizza, and talking.

My dad brought up the subject of me doing research, and Mark asked, “So, what have you done so far?”

“I’ve only worked on one project.”, I replied.

“So, what was it?”

“It was just something for the Los Alamos National Laboratory.”

Mark almost choked on his Coke, then he said, “Just something for the Los Alamos National Laboratory! What the heck was it?”

“It was one part of a larger project, and we have no idea what the total unit does.”

“Tell them the rest.”, my dad said.

“The only thing that we know is that it’s going to be installed in all of the Apollo space crafts.”

“What kind of security clearance do you have!?”

“None.”

“Tell them about that.”, Amy said.

So, I told everyone about my run-in with the security people from Los Alamos. When I finished, Mark asked, “Weren’t you worried about getting arrested or something?”

“Getting arrested for what.”, I replied. “Standing up for my rights.”

“They did apologize.”, Maria said. “And, gave you another research project.”

“Yes.”, Amy said. “Tell them about getting your one final exam stolen.”

“Stolen!?”, Kelly said.

“Yes. Stolen.”, I replied, and I went on to tell them the whole gory story including the dislocated shoulder.”

When I finished, my dad said, “Honey, please be careful. He could have done a lot more than just dislocating your shoulder.”

“I know, daddy.”, I replied.

Just before seven, the phone rang. My mother answered it, and quickly said, “Amy, it’s your brother, and he wants to talk to you.”

Amy got up, walked over to the phone, took the handset from my mother, and said, “Hi, Billy what’s up?”

She talked to her brother for a minute, then turned to me, and said, “Kai, Bridget has finished her paper for Dr. Grunewald and would like us to read it.”

“Why us?”, I asked.

“I guess because we’re academic types.”

“I would like to see how she feels about the subject, so sure.”

“I’d like to see it too.”, Larry said.

“Count me in.”, Kelly added.

Amy went back on the phone, and said, “Billy, Kai would love to read it. And so would the author of the research paper.” … “Yes, Larry is here right now and so is Kelly, Mark, and Maria.” … “Yes, both Larry and Kelly would love to see her paper.” … “Okay, I’ll wait. Go and ask her.”

Amy put her hand over the mouthpiece, and said, “He’s asking Bridget.”

“Okay.”, I replied.

A few seconds later Amy said into the mouthpiece, “Yeah. I’m still here, Billy.” … “Shocked. You do know that Larry is a friend of ours.” … “Yes, they’re here right now.” … “And, yes they’d love to read it.” … “One last question Billy, how do you think Bridget would feel if she found out about Kai?” … “You think she would be?” … “Come on over.” … “Sure. Twenty minutes.” … “See you then. So long.”

As Amy hung up the phone, she said, “Bridget was almost in shock that the author of the research paper is here. And, they’ll be here in twenty minutes.”

“And, how would she feel if she found out about me?”, I asked.

“Billy thinks that she’d be fine with it. She’s very open-minded. And, was very interested in Larry’s paper.”

In less than twenty minutes we heard a car pull into the driveway, and then a knock on the door. Amy answered it and brought Bridget and Billy into the den. My parents had retired to the living room, and I’ll bet my mother was taking a nap.

I introduced everyone, and when I finished, Bridget looked at Larry, and said, “So, Mr. Thomas, ye wrote this paper?”

“Yes.”, Larry replied. “And, it’s Larry, not Mr. Thomas. Mr. Thomas is my father.

“And, I’m interested in how you feel about my paper.”

“I thought the subject matter was fascinating, and that the paper was very well done.”

“Thank you. And, I understand that you had to write a short paper on my paper?”

“Ay, Dr. Grunewald gave it to us as an assignment to do over the quarter break.”

“Can we read it?”

“Oh. Ay, let me get it out of my case.”

Bridget opened a leather case, carefully took out a folder, and handed it to Larry. Larry read the paper and passed it on to Kelly. Kelly read it and we passed it on until the whole crew had read it. Then Larry looked at Bridget, and said, “A nicely written paper, Bridget.”

“Thank ye.”, Bridget said. “That means a lot to me.”

“Would you mind if I wrote something on it so that Dr. Grunewald would see it when she graded it?

“Like what?”

“Oh, something like; ‘This is an outstanding paper and deserves an A.’ Then, I’ll sign it. She’ll get a kick out of it.”

“That would be nice.”, Bridget replied.

“Bridget.”, I said as I picked up her paper. “I noticed, in particular, that in your last paragraph, you said.” And I read the paragraph out loud;

”I feel that this is a fascinating paper written on a very interesting subject. It’s a subject that I’d like to spend more time looking into. I’d also like to meet the subject of this paper. They seem to be a complicated person that in reality has everything in order. They know what they want and how to accomplish it.”

Then I asked, “Do you honestly feel this way?”

“Ay, Kai I do. And, meeting Larry was wonderful.”

“Would you like to meet the subject of Larry’s paper?”

“Ay, I would. Very much so. But, that will never happen.”

“Why do you say that.”

“They wouldn’t want to reveal themselves to me.”

“Why not?”

“I’m nothing but a lowly college sophomore. And, why would they want to?”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

“Of course.”, Bridget replied.

“You are going to hear things tonight that shouldn’t go out of this room. Are you good at keeping secrets?”

“Ay, I am.”

“So, will you promise us that what you hear tonight will go no further?”

“Ay, I will. But, why?”

“You’ll see.”

I looked at Larry, and he was nodding yes.

“Would you mind if the subject of Larry’s paper also wrote something on your paper like Larry wants to do?”, I asked.

“That would also be wonderful, but how? She’s not here.”

“Are you sure she isn’t here?”

“Why would she be?”

“Maybe she lives here.”

“Nae, she doesn’t. You’re messing with me.”

“The only thing is, I’d have to sign it as Tammy Young since that’s how Dr. Grunewald knows me.”

“Ye … Ye would have to sign it as Tammy Young. Why would ye … Nae, you’re not … You’re not the subject of Larry’s paper. Are ye?”

I just nodded yes.

“Ní féidir Younliom a chreidiúint é.”, Bridget said.

“Excuse me.”, I said.

“I’m sorry, I sometimes revert to Gaelic when I’m excited. I said, I cannae believe it.”

“It’s true.”, Billy said. “I couldn’t believe it either the first time I met Tammy. Tom had been dating my sister, and when I saw Tammy, and they told me that it was really Tom, I thought that they were pulling my leg and had switched in a real girl to fool me.”

“But, she’s so pretty!”, Bridget said.

“She is, and I was shocked too.”, Larry said. “When I found out.”

With a smile, I said, “Yeah. And, it was a shock to my jaw when you found out.”

“What did you do. Hit Tom?”, Billy asked. “He’s your best friend.”

“Yeah. I did.”

“Why?”

“We went out on a date.”

“You did what!?”

“It was my fault.”, Amy said. “I talked Tammy into going out with Larry. Larry had been after Tammy to go out with him, and I thought it would be fun if they did. So, I pushed Tammy to go out with Larry, and they did go out, but just one time. I also did it so that Tammy could see what it was like to date a guy.”

Kelly glared at Larry, and said, “It had better have only been once.”

“Honey.”, Larry said. “I told you before that it was only once, and it was before we were a couple.”

“I guess I can’t blame you for going out with her. She is gorgeous.”

“But, you hit Tom when you found out.”, “Billy said.”

“Yeah.”, Larry said. “I was so mad that I saw red. But, after I hit him, I realized that in a way it was also my fault. I’d pushed Tammy until she said yes after saying no many times.

“And, it was then I got the idea of writing the paper about him.”

“So, it was a good thing.”

“I guess you could say that.”

“Can I ask something?”, Bridget asked.

“Sure.”, I said. “That’s why we’re here.”

“Kai, can ye explain who Tom and Tammy are?”

“I’ll try. It is a little confusing.”

“Ay, just a wee bit.”

“I was born Thomas Young, a boy. I was also very curious about things, and when I was about twelve, I was curious about what it would be like to wear girl’s clothes. And, I found out. I also found out that I liked dressing as a girl, and when I did, I became that girl. At that time I knew nothing of what people with two spirits were. Okay so far?”

“Ay.”

“Amy and I lived next door to each other, and she liked Tammy. She thought that it was fun when Tom became Tammy. And we enjoyed having fun as two girlfriends until Amy moved to Minnesota. And, she was gone for four years, and when she came back for college, we got back together and found that we were still in love with each other. And from then on Tammy was around from time to time.

“My grandmother, in New Mexico, became ill, so my mother, Amy, and I, the Tammy I, went out. While we were out there, I found out about two spirit people from my one aunt and a medicine man named Naainish. Naainish became a good friend. And, taught me everything that I know about two spirit people. And, Kai was born.

“Over the next couple of years, Amy and I married. Larry was our best man, and Maria was our maid of honor. And, Amy and I would go back to New Mexico in the summers, and I spent more and more time as Kai.

“When I’m in New Mexico I feel a powerful girl’s spirit in me. Yes, my male spirit is still there. But, when we’re in New Mexico, I feel better presenting as a girl. So, I live as Kai. The university knows me as Kai Nez as does the Navajo Nation and all most everyone else. Only a few people know the truth behind me.”

“Ay. So, ye were born Thomas, found Tammy here when you were twelve, and then found Kai when ye went to New Mexico. And Kai is your female spirit.”

“That’s about it.”

“And, ye and Amy are married?”, Bridget asked.

“Yes. I think we fell in love in junior high school but didn’t know it until we were separated for four years. And we married while we were still in college.”

“Ay, this has been so interesting, I've met the author of the paper that I’ve just read and then met the subject of the paper. Amy, can I ask you something?”

“Of course, Bridget.”, Amy replied.

“It obvious that ye approve of all of this, but why?”

Amy smiled, “As I’ve always said, I love Tom as much as I love Tammy and as much as I love Kai. Why? Even though they all have two spirits, they share the same heart. And those two spirits are wonderful caring, giving spirits. Also, Kai is fun to be around. Don’t get me wrong. Tom and Tammy are also good people and fun to be around too.”

“Ay, I can see that. Just being near Kai like this I feel good about her. And, before I knew the truth about Kai, I felt that she was a girl, and I still feel that way.”

Larry then said, “Bridget give me your paper, and I’ll write Dr. Grunewald a note.”

Bridget gave Larry her paper, and he wrote something. Then I said, “Larry, let me have it.”

Larry gave me Bridget’s paper, and I wrote something and signed it.

Larry had written, ‘This is an outstanding paper and deserves an A.’ and signed it. I had written, ‘No, it deserves an A+.’ And, under my signature of Tammy Young, I added Kai Nez.

Amy was looking over my shoulder, and said, “Dr. Grunewald is going to get a kick out of this.”

Bridget looked at what Larry and I had written. And, I said, “Bridget, you have to tell us what Dr. Grunewald says.”

With a little smile, Bridget said, “Ay, I will.”

“Bridget.”, Maria said. “This discussion has been very interesting. And, I only pray that you will keep what you heard to yourself. I don’t want to see two wonderful people hurt.”

“Ay, Maria.”, Bridget said. “I plan to keep it to myself. I’ve come to really like Kai and Amy, and I couldn’t bear to see them hurt.”

“Thank you, Bridget. We all appreciate that.”

Later as we were saying goodnight, Bridget said, “Kai and Amy, ye are a fascinating couple. Ye both are beautiful girls, even though one of ye is a boy. To top that off, you're married to each other. And, those that know about ye accept ye this way.

“And, I feel that I’ve met four other wonderful people tonight.”

“Bridget, we feel that we’ve made a new friend.”, Amy said. “And, if Billy mistreats you, let me know, and I’ll take care of him.”

Bridget looked at Billy, smiled, and said, “I don’t think that will be necessary.”

Then as I hugged Bridget goodnight, and I whispered, “Be good to Billy.”

Bridget whispered back, “I will. And, I’m going to have fun with him in Scotland next summer. He’ll look good in a kilt.”

I whispered back, “Ay, lassie he will. But, no haggis.”

That got me an extra squeeze from Bridget as she whispered, “I don’t like haggis.”

After everyone had left, and since we were still on New Mexico time, Amy and I went and tossed another log on the fire, and cuddled together on the couch. A few minutes later my parents stuck their heads in the den and said good night.

After we’d been sitting there a while, Amy said, “Things with Bridget went well.”

“Yes.”, I replied. “I’ve had good feelings about her all along. I think she has a very open mind to these things. But, I thought that Kelly was going to blow a gasket when she found out that Larry and I had that date.”

“No, I think Kelly was okay with it once we explained it.”

“Well, at least now Larry doesn’t have any secrets from Kelly.”

“He doesn’t?”, Amy said.

“Not as far as I know.”, I said.

“How about the kiss?”

“Oh, that. That’s for Larry to tell Kelly.”

“Do you have any from me?”

“Nope. You know all the dirt. Do you have any from me?”, I asked.

“Ah. Well.”, Amy said. “Let’s see. … There was that one time.”

“One time what?”, I asked.

“Oh, that one time in Minnesota that I met a guy that I thought that I might like. But, … ”

“But, what?”

“But, that night I saw you in my dreams, and I forgot all about him.”

“You can be so bad.”

“You love it.”

We wrestled a little bit on the couch. Then as Amy got up, she said, “Put out the fire, then come and join me in bed.”

Now, let me ask you this, who in their right mind could refuse an offer like that.

I put out the fire, made a stop in the bathroom, then walked into the bedroom. Lying on the bed in her birthday suit was an angel. She looked at me, smiled, and whispered, “Can I have my Tommy tonight?”

“Your wish is my command, my lady.”, I whispered back.

It was only seconds later that I was naked and in bed with my lady.

~o~O~o~

Dear readers, Remember authors like comments. And even constructive criticism. Please leave a comment. Want to comment but don't want to open an account? Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- with a password of topshelf to leave a comment. Thanks.

up
301 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tom

My5InchFMHeels's picture

It's been so long since Tom has been in the story, that he seems to be a "guest star".

I hope Bridget gets to meet Tom. That'll blow her mind I'm sure.

Another eagle friend

Monique S's picture

and a new human friend as well. Bridgit seems a nice girl.

I wonder what the Doctor will think whe she reads the paper.

Nice chapter again, cuddles,
Monique.

Monique S

I think that the Doctor will

I think that the Doctor will be very surprised,

Yes, Bridget is a real sweetheart.

Cuddles back at ya.

I can start a diet if you keep writing like this

Finally a chapter without any references to southwest food. I can feel myself losing weight already...lol But seriously another well written chapter. I'm so happy Billy has found such a well adjusted and open minded lass. She may not be a main character but I feel I could easily fall in love with her in a supporting role. Keep up the good writing I'm always ready to digest every single word.

EllieJo Jayne

Hi, EllieJo Jayne.

Hi, EllieJo Jayne.

You have to watch out for those frybread tacos, they can add the pounds. And, such a nice lass Billy has found.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Surprises.

They'll have a nice Christmas and then it is back to New Mexico to work on their degrees. I wonder what the folk at Los Alamos have up their sleeves? I can't see Kai avoiding much more involvement with them.

Nice.

Gwen

The Kos Alamos people could

The Los Alamos people could make things interesting. But, they already had an idea of who they're dealing with.

I can't help but feel

Tom and Kai have been lucky not to be outed to to a hostile community, The USA was not accepting back then. Such an outing could be worth their lives. The KKK was very active too as a case in point.Even their college would have trouble with racism as it was tolerated by many people where it isn't now. Both New Mexico and Colorado are both bastions of civility in the 21st century, much like Dallas.

Even back in the '60s, Taos

Even back in the '60s, Taos was a haven for the hippy community, and Santa Fe is a very liberal community.

Hozho

An online friend who appears to be very familiar with the Native Americans in Arizona and New Mexico gave me the term Hozho. The more I read about it, the more interesting. :)

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Hi Gwen,

I am aware of the Navajo term: Hózhó.

The best description of the term that I've found so far is:

Unfortunately, it is not a word that translates well into modern English. Simply put, however, it means to be in balance and beauty with the world. It is about health, long life, happiness, wisdom, knowledge, harmony, with both the mundane and the divine. It means a traditional Navajo person is continually restoring, finding, and practicing balance in his or her daily life.

I have a plan to use the term, but I haven't hit that part of the story yet.

AWESOME

Thank you as always for this ......I was going to say story, but it is so much more than that. It's a true full blown novel.

Wow! 157 chapters and still going. It's a tribute to your talent and your works that you can keep the same story going
on this long and still keep it fresh and engrossing. This novel has almost become an addiction with me. Every time that
I access this site, the first thing that I search for is any new posting from Teddie S.
I know that I will be saddened and surely miss this novel when and "IF" it ever ends.
I do not give out this sort of praise routinely (in fact embarrassingly this is probably a unique experience for me).

KUDOS,
fauxfemme

Thank you fauxfemme,

Thank you fauxfemme,

I'm also surprised that it's still going. I have no writing talent, just a good imagination to keep my two girls in hot water.

Will it end. Yes, someday it will. Can I say when? No, not yet.

Again, thank you for the nice review.

Teddie

AWESOME

Thank you as always for this ......I was going to say story, but it is so much more than that. It's a true full blown novel.

Wow! 157 chapters and still going. It's a tribute to your talent and your works that you can keep the same story going
on this long and still keep it fresh and engrossing. This novel has almost become an addiction with me. Every time that
I access this site, the first thing that I search for is any new posting from Teddie S.
I know that I will be saddened and surely miss this novel when and "IF" it ever ends.
I do not give out this sort of praise routinely (in fact embarrassingly this is probably a unique experience for me).

KUDOS,
fauxfemme

My error

Sorry, I just noticed that I accidentally sent versions of this review twice.
My apologies for that.
fauxfemme

No problem.

No problem.

I think

this is one of my favorite chapters. It brought the story full circle with new friends and old.

Thanks, Wendy K.

Thanks, Wendy K.

It would be hard for me to pick a favorite chapter. But, this one would probably be close to the top of the list.

Another in their circle

Jamie Lee's picture

Going home can go several different ways, hopefully the way it's gone for Ami and Kai; but not always that way for some.

Billy seems to have found a young woman that needs him as much as he needs her. And since Bridget is taking Billy home over the summer, is it possible marriage won't then be far off? If Billy is approved.

No one brought it up, but in a way Bridget went through a test in this chapter, after being told about Tommy/Tammy/Kai. No one knew how she would actually react, but being willing to meet Larry and what she wrote, those two alone gave a hint that Bridget would react favorably meeting Tammy.

Bridget being told about Kai now also gave her the opportunity to know a family secret that had the chance to upset her later if she and Billy wed. Because she was overwhelmed meeting Larry and Tammy, and is still interested, Billy be a very good young man when he meets her parents. Or they might not approve of him marrying their daughter.

Others have feelings too.